PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing MAJOR RAMDOM LAG ~ Need Tech Support Assistance

N2TheEther
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
HI, I am in need of a lil help here,

the problem: random lag spikes to the point of severe delayed responses while executing an action ex: moving, skill casting, dungeons etc.

Things I have tried:

Reduced the amount of programs running in the background processes and services to reduce the workload on RAM
updated all drivers
ran spyware/adware scan and removal tool
ran defrag
scanned for any viruses
reduced ingame graphical settings
reset my router
changed channels to less populated ones
added Cabal program folder to my antivirus exceptions list

finally ran a dxdiag here is the result, no errors found

Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista� Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: G50V
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1529MB used, 6837MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9700M GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_064A&SUBSYS_19A21043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 2289 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,n vwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8631 (English)
DDI Version: 10
BGRA Supported: Yes
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/2/2009 01:59:00, 9480192 bytes

Please would someone from support assist me, i have not experienced this sort of problem with other mmo's i have played on my laptop, nor did i have this problem with cabal b4 the transfer from ogp.
any help is greatly appreciated:)

Takimaru
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Same thing happens to me the game just stops then everything that should have happened during the game freeze just all happens at once.

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Same thing happens to me the game just stops then everything that should have happened during the game freeze just all happens at once.

Yep, the lag is getting worse with each patch of additional content/features. People are quick to say "its your connection or your computer" I say have a look at This: "The developers also boast that their game is extremely accessible and available for play on even low spec machines." ~ quoted from a gaming review site (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/263/CABAL-Online.html) because the game was running just fine b4 the illusion castle implementation. :(

Darkzen007
04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2010, 16:34:45
Machine name: AKUMA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
Page File: 3002MB used, 4785MB available
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

It is happening to all of us unfortunately. I'm having the exact same problems as you and I've tried many things to fix it.
I've also tried Turning off my virus scanner, adding cabal to the exception list, turning off the majority of background programs I usually run with no problems on higher games such as starcraft 2, Set the affinity of cabal to one core/two cores, while setting the affinities of every other programs to the two other cores I have(I have a quad core i5). Making sure no torrents are currently running on my computer, or my brothers computer which is using the wireless internet off of mine. Tested to see if he was the reason for my lag, so I disconnected from the wlan for a good 2 hours with the same problem. Tried compatibility mode to windows vista then windows xp service pack three THEN service pack 2. Disabled visual themes, desktop composition and display scaling on high DPI settings. Ran cabal in 640 x 480 and ran it in 256 colors, and for the record, I do run it in admin mode as I do all my other programs^^

I love cabal so much that I need help, an answer, EST guide your long lost sheep back into your arms for thou art my shepards :o

Or if any fellow caballer found a fix, lemme know!!!

N2TheEther
04-29-2010, 01:13 PM
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2010, 16:34:45
Machine name: AKUMA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
Page File: 3002MB used, 4785MB available
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

It is happening to all of us unfortunately. I'm having the exact same problems as you and I've tried many things to fix it.
I've also tried Turning off my virus scanner, adding cabal to the exception list, turning off the majority of background programs I usually run with no problems on higher games such as starcraft 2, Set the affinity of cabal to one core/two cores, while setting the affinities of every other programs to the two other cores I have(I have a quad core i5). Making sure no torrents are currently running on my computer, or my brothers computer which is using the wireless internet off of mine. Tested to see if he was the reason for my lag, so I disconnected from the wlan for a good 2 hours with the same problem. Tried compatibility mode to windows vista then windows xp service pack three THEN service pack 2. Disabled visual themes, desktop composition and display scaling on high DPI settings. Ran cabal in 640 x 480 and ran it in 256 colors, and for the record, I do run it in admin mode as I do all my other programs^^

I love cabal so much that I need help, an answer, EST guide your long lost sheep back into your arms for thou art my shepards :o

Or if any fellow caballer found a fix, lemme know!!!

Althought i dont like the fact we are experiencing this, its nice to know im not alone, this lag is so annoying it makes it hard to play. I keep trying to run a dungeon when the gameplay is smooth but it only lasts a couple of minutes b4 the major lag is at hand again. I have tried everything from reducing graphic settings to as you did, tinkering with services, processes, firewall, antivirus, etc etc... nothing seems to solve the issue. I was so hyped when EST took over things looked promising at first, but now i am down because help doesnt seem to be on the horizon...and I have bought a board, a pet, was going to buy more (but since i cant play a smooth game) that is pointless...I wish we could get a fix, I honestly believe it is GG that is ing all the memory otherwised used for running the game. As i explained to another player having problems, GG was used on some other epic mmos ive played and they soon rid themselves of the nuisance and went with other hackprotection. GG is an uber memory hog.

Darkzen007
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't give up on cabal, because before EST took over I didn't have the lag issue. I'm banking that since they are still transferring everything over they haven't gotten their server to max capacity or maybe it's because of windows 7 and once EST makes another patch for cabal the problem will be resolved. Gameguard could be a potential problem, but when I used to play rakion, they used Gameguard as apposed to xTrap and I never had a lag problem with that game.

N2TheEther
04-29-2010, 02:11 PM
yea im tryin to not give up on it, when it was ogp i didnt have a lag issue and perhaps you are right about the transfer deal, hopefully in the near future they will get everything situated and add more channels.

oXIo
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
make sure multi sampling is off? :x

N2TheEther
04-29-2010, 04:35 PM
make sure multi sampling is off? :x

yup thanks, it is off though nothing at all seems to work and its so sporadic i cant even narrow down what may be causing it. but its happening all too often even going back on the wire is not helping... :(

Darkzen007
04-29-2010, 04:57 PM
From what I'm aware of, multisampling doesn't even work yet lol
I can't even get it to turn on O.o