PDA

View Full Version : Cross Class Items

Urban
05-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Simple Question, what equipment CANNOT be cross classed. Also can all mithral weapons+armor be cross classed?

So in theory a Force Shielder could wear a Mithral Martial suit and a Force archer could wield a Mithral Great Sword if they had the appropriatte stats...?

sn0wXz
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Simple Question, what equipment CANNOT be cross classed. Also can all mithral weapons+armor be cross classed?

So in theory a Force Shielder could wear a Mithral Martial suit and a Force archer could wield a Mithral Great Sword if they had the appropriate stats...?

no, first of all - grade of weapons/armor is different then stat requirements to wear a weapon.

grades= osm/redosm,shineguard,terragrace,ectect/sigmetal/forcium (mithril)
gives higher base attack, magic and defense/rate respectively.

stat requirements are determined by your DEX/INT/STR values that are built up evertime you level and attribute them to your character via (C)character menu.

secondly a greatsword is generally only for a warrior, because its a two handed weapon. a force archer can make the choice to wear crystals or orbs, because they are both able to give simliar stats, an orb and xstal of the same grade (mithril) and same enhanced level (+5) would give simliar stats, however the orb would have slight magic increase, and the xstal is slight attack increase. generally you could use either, but not a great sword or blade, as it would be pointless and your only attacks would be like...normal attack (punch?) lol...

but as for armor, yes if you can nerf a specific stat enough to get the others high, you could make a heavy wiz (needs more strength requirement, even though wiz are magic builds...so ur nerfing it for a slight increase in def from the armor suit...thats the theory anyway) normally a wiz would wear martial because it does not have str requirement increase compared to a armorsuit; martial is INT heavy which wiz stack up anyway, where as armor is STR heavy which they dont need much of... but yes to answer your question for the most part yes they can use what they wish for suits/armor...the weapons are slightly class restricted considering even if u put a blade on a wiz, which u can, (1 handed one) he wont beable to do much with it even at high level, he will be casting low level skills probably like 5-10s lol

some armors do have class specific when you get to shineguard, terragrace grade armor, osm is non class specific (atleast for now...)

Drew
05-04-2011, 03:42 PM
some armors do have class specific when you get to shineguard, terragrace grade armor, osm is non class specific

stit is class specific...

(atleast for now...)

when updates come around, dunno when, even as early as blustin, i think, is class specific including osm all the way to forciums, so, yeah say goodbye to martial FA and heavy BL (the latter class is the most neglected so much so they're gonna do away with it in cabal 2)

sn0wXz
05-04-2011, 04:29 PM
stit is class specific...

why would someone even bother going heavy at stit grade..i think that debate is specific to osm mostly; because of its non class specific.

when updates come around, dunno when, even as early as blustin, i think, is class specific including osm all the way to forciums, so, yeah say goodbye to martial FA and heavy BL (the latter class is the most neglected so much so they're gonna do away with it in cabal 2)

regardless of what KR has for updates, we dont know what will make it to NA. im not going to speculate on if itll be dooable in the future because a) what would they do with the current gears? auto change your piece of osm to your class so you cant sell use it on other classes? ... the point being even though the "plastic" armor is being introduced; still got a few questions on how they would possibly change osm to Battle Style-Specific Armor in a retro grade to where it would effect someone character thats already equip'd with heavy armor before the update (strip it off him?)

it would make more sense to introduce it and make it the new drop as it has hp bonus craft, but i dont see how they would go through and change the current osm already equipd, without a boatload of q.q/tickets. i dont think the lack of BL class in cabal 2 has anything to do with cabal 1s changing of osm battle-style specific gear, i thinks its more related to the new grade being introduced, dont know exactly what they accomplish by making osm battle-style specific as opposed to the way it is now.

gary055
05-04-2011, 04:49 PM
I heard the Osmium armor that exist now will remain as-is ..amirite

Kakakakakakakakaka
05-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I heard the Osmium armor that exist now will remain as-is ..amirite

Are they getting the hp stat too?

Chippo
05-04-2011, 05:09 PM
From my thread: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?19277-CABAL-Expansion-3-Legacy-of-Darkness-Translated-by-Chippo
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/lod501/lod/38review3_img8.jpg
Battle Style-Specific Armor Added
Bluestin/Titanium/Osmium Battle Style-Specific Armors have been added.
Battle Style-Specific Armors have an HP option and the HP increases from upgrading.
The HP option varies among item types.
Osmium Greaves (WA)
Warrior Only
Defense: Defense Rate:
Warrior Requirement
STR: INT: DEX:
Titanium Gauntlets (WA)

TIP: The pre-existing armors can be made Battle Style-Specific by using Formula Cards sold by each town’s Grocer NPC.

My bad for forgetting about this tip. ~.~

sn0wXz
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
From my thread: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?19277-CABAL-Expansion-3-Legacy-of-Darkness-Translated-by-Chippo
http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m515/lod501/lod/38review3_img8.jpg
Battle Style-Specific Armor Added
Bluestin/Titanium/Osmium Battle Style-Specific Armors have been added.
Battle Style-Specific Armors have an HP option and the HP increases from upgrading.
The HP option varies among item types.
Osmium Greaves (WA)
Warrior Only
Defense: Defense Rate:
Warrior Requirement
STR: INT: DEX:
Titanium Gauntlets (WA)

TIP: The pre-existing armors can be made Battle Style-Specific by using Formula Cards sold by each town’s Grocer NPC.

My bad for forgetting about this tip. ~.~

so IF they bring that here, it will be non retroactive? that would make sense i guess, and the hp bonus craft would the the only incentive to change it ..

Urban
05-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Sigh... so forcium and mithral are the same thing? ....byebye Mithral battlesuited force shielder, I will miss you....

I guess now the question is Mithral VS osm (since osm is cross-class friendly ...for now?)

Chippo
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
so IF they bring that here, it will be non retroactive? that would make sense i guess, and the hp bonus craft would the the only incentive to change it ..

Yep, and the hp bonus increases when the armor is upgraded.

sn0wXz
05-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Sigh... so forcium and mithral are the same thing? ....byebye Mithral battlesuited force shielder, I will miss you....

I guess now the question is Mithral VS osm (since osm is cross-class friendly ...for now?)

no, forcium (mithril is a name that forcium had in euro or other versions...) has a higher grade then osm, if you take a +0 forcium martial suit and compare to +0 osm martial suit; you will see the forcium has higher base def/defrate then the osm martial suit because its a higher grade.

if you can get 7 amp mithril then go for it as its not really about the extra small def/defrate bonus from heavy suit on a non STR build, its more amp specific for suit/gloves/boots and def/def rate from the highest grade amp u can obtain, all the heavy suit gives you is a lil more defense at expense of your base stats dex/int if your nerfing a wiz to gain extra str to equip heavy suit.

lower grade amp is lower costing/less rare, forci (mithril) gets up to 2bish a piece of armor depending on what craft it has and + its at...

more about cost effective decent suit - osm is the middle ground for low price amp suit with decent base def, but ofcourse if you could get a higher grade amp suit why wouldnt you? ..

gary055
05-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Are they getting the hp stat too?

nope.. it will be the same as it was... The hp stat are for the class-specific pieces and as Snow provided.. that would be a reason why ppl would want class-specific gear anyway .

Drew
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
why would someone even bother going heavy at stit grade..i think that debate is specific to osm mostly; because of its non class specific.

just sayin that stit is also class specific...as to why and when people would go heavy, who knows...people have the darnest reason sometimes, the same unfathomable reason why est went class specific with stit then went back non-class in osm, then back again class specific with tg,sg,myst and up.

regardless of what KR has for updates, we dont know what will make it to NA. im not going to speculate on if itll be dooable in the future because a) what would they do with the current gears? auto change your piece of osm to your class so you cant sell use it on other classes? ... the point being even though the "plastic" armor is being introduced; still got a few questions on how they would possibly change osm to Battle Style-Specific Armor in a retro grade to where it would effect someone character thats already equip'd with heavy armor before the update (strip it off him?)

it would make more sense to introduce it and make it the new drop as it has hp bonus craft, but i dont see how they would go through and change the current osm already equipd, without a boatload of q.q/tickets. i dont think the lack of BL class in cabal 2 has anything to do with cabal 1s changing of osm battle-style specific gear, i thinks its more related to the new grade being introduced, dont know exactly what they accomplish by making osm battle-style specific as opposed to the way it is now.

Bl will the hardest hit with the update, just as they are benefitting most with heavy (armor) osm. martial became useless with bl owing to the fact they can go dex or str intensive, either way. so with an rmorset, they gain much def. The def rate they lose is insignificant as they still have high of it anyways.

other classes like fb going armor or fa going martial will sacrifice a bit of their stats in the process. fb will have to pump in more str whre they should go dex intensive, and fa will pump in more str when they should be int intensive. there will be a trdeoff.

I just hope you guys are right though about the current osm remaining as is even when all armors blustins and up become class specific. Or i would have to dress up my bl once again, or go naked, or retire it altogether. It wont matter from then on and beyond, cuz, here's the connection...bladers won't be around in cabal 2. Not that there will be a continuation from 1 to 2, but i just don't want to continue playing a character and be endeared to it all the more only to not be able to play it anymore when the new game comes around. I still say FB's should have gone...with apologies to the fb's.

sn0wXz
05-04-2011, 09:51 PM
just sayin that stit is also class specific...as to why and when people would go heavy, who knows...people have the darnest reason sometimes, the same unfathomable reason why est went class specific with stit then went back non-class in osm, then back again class specific with tg,sg,myst and up.

Bl will the hardest hit with the update, just as they are benefitting most with heavy (armor) osm. martial became useless with bl owing to the fact they can go dex or str intensive, either way. so with an rmorset, they gain much def. The def rate they lose is insignificant as they still have high of it anyways.

other classes like fb going armor or fa going martial will sacrifice a bit of their stats in the process. fb will have to pump in more str whre they should go dex intensive, and fa will pump in more str when they should be int intensive. there will be a trdeoff.

I just hope you guys are right though about the current osm remaining as is even when all armors blustins and up become class specific. Or i would have to dress up my bl once again, or go naked, or retire it altogether. It wont matter from then on and beyond, cuz, here's the connection...bladers won't be around in cabal 2. Not that there will be a continuation from 1 to 2, but i just don't want to continue playing a character and be endeared to it all the more only to not be able to play it anymore when the new game comes around. I still say FB's should have gone...with apologies to the fb's.

chippo was referring to that "formula card" to actually make it class specific and give the hp craft bonus, as incentive to change it...and also maybe make it drop specific from here on out- but i couldnt see them taking it off a character already using it like a BL, i know quite a few heavy BL and they wouldnt be quitting over it but probably pretty displeased to be forced to switch, its good to have the option and give the bonus of hp as incentive, sounds more logical as to how they will implement it..

gary055
05-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Get rid of fb? Why get rid of such an interesting class? :)

Shinji
05-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Get rid of fb? Why get rid of such an interesting class? :)
Bunch of haters!