PDA

View Full Version : FA PVE combo

janky
05-09-2011, 11:20 AM
i'd like to know a good pve combo,for good exp in MF,PF,and PI

i know there is a lot of threads about it,just can't find them properly :D.
just put you're combo here please and thanks!

gary055
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Anything with area damage . GD > Crit Shot > Sonic shooter > shooting star

chainlock
05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Sonic +3 cannons.

SilvusX
05-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I use Lance for Mf and Pf back in the day. PF used to be really tough, with cornus hitting 900-1.3k, but using lances in combo (about 0.8 cast time) in combo really helped me survive there because it's speedy vamp. Nowdays PF got nerfed so hard that you can pretty much use any skill and do just fine. I'd still stick with crit, shadow, terra, fire, aqua lances in combo for the best DPS = EXP, and use GD when you are getting too low.

Even if you do not combo, 1.3 cast time compare to 1.5, about every 6 hits, you'll be able to have another lance. Not to mention, lance is our pvp skill, which FA should have maxed, where cannons are probably not (since we need points for other important skills). So our lance are probably higher amped too.

As for Pi, it's pretty tough without a good party.

chainlock
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
With the combo I posted you can solo pi without using pots. Doesn't get much better than that.

jone
05-09-2011, 11:00 PM
What I used to do was Sonic Shooter + 3 cannons.
Now cos I'm lazy and just want to kill everything at once, I use Sonic Shooter then Shooting Star.

chainlock
05-10-2011, 12:21 AM
The mobs I usually pull are too big for shooting star.

janky
05-10-2011, 03:21 AM
Sonic +3 cannons.

3 cannons,would you mind telling me,what lvl and which ones please?

janky
05-10-2011, 03:22 AM
What I used to do was Sonic Shooter + 3 cannons.
Now cos I'm lazy and just want to kill everything at once, I use Sonic Shooter then Shooting Star.

doesn't cannons knock back mobs? making it hard to get any decent amount of exp?

jone
05-10-2011, 03:53 AM
doesn't cannons knock back mobs? making it hard to get any decent amount of exp?

Exactly why I just use the 2 skills now.

IcyWave
05-10-2011, 04:27 AM

ahhhh,no wonder,cuz knock back not very good,lose exp like that i think, i guess GD(stun) shadow shot,shooting star,SS.

MamaMiaYoe
05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Ok here goes my cents

It may seem easy to grind spamming your aoe's at early to mid levels (those below 160) BUT once you get to level 160's Porta Inferno. Trust me a Osmium FA or any 850 defense will have hard time w/o knowing what combo sequence to use

CANNONS have always been helpful aoe fillers compared to LANCES. But both just work fine.

2 types of combo are IN and OUT...IN combo is always good in party grinds, its faster but quite challenging to utilize when going solo. OUT of combo is the safest in my opinion, it gives you time to respond and get a good angle to clear your lure.

GD lv.12 + Shadow Shot lv.20 + 2 cannons lv.9 + drill shot lv.9 is what I use these days at my level. I use thrusting because the delay effect really helps and provides a decent amount of time for recovery. If HP is running down fast, I follow thrusting with Sonic Shooter Lv.18 for a good vamp

Why is my Sonic 18? Dont forget I also pvp and war ya know. Need as much damage against group/mob of enemies in war.

GD lv. 12 + Shadow Shot lv 20 + 3 lances lv.18 + Sonic Lvl 18 is also effective for me. This however only applies in combo mode for fast vamping because of the lances.

And to demonstrate here's a video to give you an idea of how this works on my FA.

P.S I apologize for the quality and lag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOgA89qbZsw

chainlock
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Monsters that are stunned can't get knocked back.

I would make a new video, but my computer broke the other day so it'll have to wait. You can find my old one somewhere in the fa section.

The best thing about using sonic (9) stone (20) fire (20) aqua (20) besides using no hp pots is you get to save alot of skill points so you can get anything else you want/need.

@miavii why do you use drill shot when you auto attack? Non combo gd+3 cannons is a ranged stun, throwing drill shot in allows them to get to you.

MamaMiaYoe
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
^
^
not all the time every mob gets hit...there would usually be 2 to 3 hounds that wont get hit..or just appear out of nowhere. those things hit hard. I use Drill ( i called it thrusting on my previous post OMG LOL) to delay the damage and get back to a safe distance.

MamaMiaYoe
05-10-2011, 04:00 PM
oh btw and Getting sonic to lvl 9 would be the last thing Id wanna do since I do wars and pk. Cant be relying all the time with yellow text skill shooting star, it gets weaker against groups of mobs. Any Force archer who pk's and war should know this . Sonic has a wide radius that can be utilized against group/mobs of enemy. You would wanna deal more damage.

GD>Shadow> 2 cannons> Sonic all the way

SilvusX
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM

bad idea, because shooting star is orange texted skill, it does double damage in PVE but damage is reduced as number of target increase.

You guys are just spoiled by the nerf on maps! xD Anything works really, but remember the higher damage you deal per second means the higher xp you are getting.

as for chainlock, I'm a martial FA with 700 defense. I actually die more often if I use GD +3x Cannon compare to good old lance spam. Since PI mob doesn't get stunned, there is almost no point in using GD, its a slow, not so high amped skill (if its kept at lv 9 or 12) anyways.

Lance in combo does mean getting 80 - 130 hp per mob every 0.8 seconds (comboing), as well as providing the best dps / exp. Pi mobs are ranged, its fairly easy to pull them from outside and line up through gates or vice versa for the lances.

chainlock
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Mobs in pi do get stunned.

Lances aren't .8 seconds in combo.

I can grind pi naked.

oh btw and Getting sonic to lvl 9 would be the last thing Id wanna do since I do wars and pk. Cant be relying all the time with yellow text skill shooting star, it gets weaker against groups of mobs. Any Force archer who pk's and war should know this . Sonic has a wide radius that can be utilized against group/mobs of enemy. You would wanna deal more damage.

I prefer level 9 in war for the spamabilily since we lack massive aoes like sonic. The damage difference from 9 to 20 is around 300 crit damage, but I can only use it 1/3 as much. I like level 9 better for everything.

jone
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
bad idea, because shooting star is orange texted skill, it does double damage in PVE but damage is reduced as number of target increase.

You guys are just spoiled by the nerf on maps! xD Anything works really, but remember the higher damage you deal per second means the higher xp you are getting.

as for chainlock, I'm a martial FA with 700 defense. I actually die more often if I use GD +3x Cannon compare to good old lance spam. Since PI mob doesn't get stunned, there is almost no point in using GD, its a slow, not so high amped skill (if its kept at lv 9 or 12) anyways.

Lance in combo does mean getting 80 - 130 hp per mob every 0.8 seconds (comboing), as well as providing the best dps / exp. Pi mobs are ranged, its fairly easy to pull them from outside and line up through gates or vice versa for the lances.

I just do Sonic > Shooting because it's easier to stay alive for me (super low HP and def).

Also, lances are I think 1.02 seconds each in combo.

I can grind pi naked.

That's cos you're beast :D

EDIT: 200th posttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

MamaMiaYoe
05-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Oh my god >.> Damage is already low enough compared to other classes, now why would you guys keep sonic at lvl 9 LOL xD

SilvusX
05-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Mobs in pi do get stunned.

Lances aren't .8 seconds in combo.

I can grind pi naked.

I prefer level 9 in war for the spamabilily since we lack massive aoes like sonic. The damage difference from 9 to 20 is around 300 crit damage, but I can only use it 1/3 as much. I like level 9 better for everything.

are you sure? feels like plenty of times I've cast GD and they were not stunned, and were attacking me.

Also, lance is definitely 0.8 seconds in combo, I believe 0.7 second is the fastest a lance can go, if you hit your button at the very first bar (which results a "Bad" in combo"). However It would be about 1 second per lance once you go past 11 combo. These skills were timed by someone back in OGP.

@Jone

If you have low defense and hp, then I think thats even more reasons to not using Shooting Star and Sonic Shooter!
It might look like Shooting Star and Sonic Shooter is hitting multiple times that your vamp is kicks in each time a number shows up, but it doesn't!
Also the lance spam technique was an idea from Neiro, because FA's stun lock combo does not exactly stun lock, when the stun ends the group of mob will attack you at the same time resulting a spike damage. When a group of cornus (say 5-6) all spikes their damage at you (800-1.3k back then), you will surely die! With lances in combo with knockback arrow, and Gravity to stun once awhile to hold their position, you'll have mob pushed back in a random fashion which results splitting damage.

another reason why you shoudn't use shooting star and sonic shooter is, If you ever plan on pvping, you'll need one of those two skill MAXED! They are the slowest but highest damage skill we have, so it's great for a finisher. Shooting Star can easily crit over 1.5k in pvp, finishing them before they can deal another blow to you.

chainlock
05-11-2011, 09:14 PM
are you sure? feels like plenty of times I've cast GD and they were not stunned, and were attacking me.

I'm sure.

Also, lance is definitely 0.8 seconds in combo, I believe 0.7 second is the fastest a lance can go, if you hit your button at the very first bar (which results a "Bad" in combo"). However It would be about 1 second per lance once you go past 11 combo. These skills were timed by someone back in OGP.

No.

Also the lance spam technique was an idea from Neiro, because FA's stun lock combo does not exactly stun lock, when the stun ends the group of mob will attack you at the same time resulting a spike damage. When a group of cornus (say 5-6) all spikes their damage at you (800-1.3k back then), you will surely die! With lances in combo with knockback arrow, and Gravity to stun once awhile to hold their position, you'll have mob pushed back in a random fashion which results splitting damage.

That's old and out dated. It doesn't work in pi either because the mobs are ranged anyways. By the time you do an 11 combo with sonic + 3 cannons in pi most or all of the mobs will be dead and you won't have been touched.

I agree with keeping shooting star at 20 for pvp.

SilvusX
05-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes Lance is definitely 0.7 at begining of "bad" while comboing

http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?159059-In-combo-cast-time

originally I found this from an OGP topic, but a simple google search on "cabal lance combo time"
and the first topic in cabal eu forum says

1.05 @ red with Lance
0.7 is possible by using minimal time / comboing with bad / yellow @ combo bar

He done it with few skills for testing
Shadowshot with cooldown at 2.1, he was able to combo shadowshot, lance, lance and able to shadowshot again (where if any lance is faster, it would break combo)

same with

Crit shot (cooldown 3.2) > lance > lance > lance > Crit shot
This works easily with 1st time combo is yellow.
Works easily > 3.2/4 = 0.8

Edit1:
MAGIC arrow (1..3)> lance > MAGIC arrow
Lance = 0.7

final time table

Edit5:
Critical Shot 0.7
Shadow Shot 0.7
Gravity Distortion 1.2
Shooting Star 1.85
Prismatic Arrow 2.05
Drill Shot ??