PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Blader Teacher

Jesito
06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I really need help, i haven't started yet and i cant seem to find the right skills for me ( i plan on being a PvE blader). If you don't want to be my teacher, then could you tell me a up-to-date guide and which type of blades i should be using? Thank you

chainlock
06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
http://forum.cabal.com/search.php

Xiju
06-05-2011, 06:07 PM
i will teach u for 10 bil

cadacus_ater
06-05-2011, 07:44 PM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?10514-A-Guide-on-All-Skills-to-get-for-Bladers-with-Recommended-Skill-Levels

That is a link to my skill guide for bladers. If you want more details, for example, combos useful in pve, you may message me on forums or post on this thread or my guide with questions. If you need advice on weapons, stick to these general rules for PvE bladers:

- Try to get weapons +8 or higher (it is hard to go past +8 yourself, you might buy a higher + weapon if you can afford it).

- Get at least one 7 sword amp slot forcium (or a crit damage forcium if you are being cheap with weapons).

- The best weapon setup for pve bladers usually has a forcium weapon with at least 10 dmg and 5 amp or more (example a forcium blade of amp 10 crit damage slot and 5 s.amp epic, wielding two of them is a good option, but expensive).

- Pair your forcium with at least an osmium grade deathblow blade (30 crit damage or more is ideal, 27 is passable), but redosmium 27+ dmg or forcium 17+ dmg is preferable (you need high base attack to help you kill bosses). Alternatively you could use a lycanus weapon such as a 15 crit damage, 7 s.amp or a 20 crit damage, 4 s.amp katana or blade (or better if you can get one).

- As a general goal, by around level 150 you should aim to get over 1000 attack (or 950+ if you use one osmium weapon), 37 crit rate or higher (40 is great), 100+ crit damage (140 dmg or more is a good goal unless you are using dual 7 s.amp forcium, 80-110 dmg is a common target with that setup) and at least 35 s.amp (most boss hunting bladers have around 40-60 s.amp using one bracelet of fighter, it depends on their weapon setup usually).

On a side note, getting 2 vamp earrings (+4 usually) and a vamp amulet (+3) with an extortion bracelet (+4 or better) to help you stay alive in hoards of monsters is very helpful.

Jesito
06-06-2011, 02:59 AM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?10514-A-Guide-on-All-Skills-to-get-for-Bladers-with-Recommended-Skill-Levels

That is a link to my skill guide for bladers. If you want more details, for example, combos useful in pve, you may message me on forums or post on this thread or my guide with questions. If you need advice on weapons, stick to these general rules for PvE bladers:

- Try to get weapons +8 or higher (it is hard to go past +8 yourself, you might buy a higher + weapon if you can afford it).

- Get at least one 7 sword amp slot forcium (or a crit damage forcium if you are being cheap with weapons).

- The best weapon setup for pve bladers usually has a forcium weapon with at least 10 dmg and 5 amp or more (example a forcium blade of amp 10 crit damage slot and 5 s.amp epic, wielding two of them is a good option, but expensive).

- Pair your forcium with at least an osmium grade deathblow blade (30 crit damage or more is ideal, 27 is passable), but redosmium 27+ dmg or forcium 17+ dmg is preferable (you need high base attack to help you kill bosses). Alternatively you could use a lycanus weapon such as a 15 crit damage, 7 s.amp or a 20 crit damage, 4 s.amp katana or blade (or better if you can get one).

- As a general goal, by around level 150 you should aim to get over 1000 attack (or 950+ if you use one osmium weapon), 37 crit rate or higher (40 is great), 100+ crit damage (140 dmg or more is a good goal unless you are using dual 7 s.amp forcium, 80-110 dmg is a common target with that setup) and at least 35 s.amp (most boss hunting bladers have around 40-60 s.amp using one bracelet of fighter, it depends on their weapon setup usually).

On a side note, getting 2 vamp earrings (+4 usually) and a vamp amulet (+3) with an extortion bracelet (+4 or better) to help you stay alive in hoards of monsters is very helpful.

Okay thank you very much i'll look at your guide

Jesito
06-06-2011, 11:20 AM
On the list, can every sword skill fit in each slot?

franh3llz
06-06-2011, 09:19 PM
On the list, can every sword skill fit in each slot?

no thats what i find annoying for bladers, their lack of sword skills slots i had to delete some kinda important skills/buff e.g miage steps a cool buff for pve etc etc(at least for me they are)

cadacus_ater
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Mirage Step was ok for me until I hit 160+, it is nearly useless in Porta Inferno and by that level I didn't need it anymore. Concentration is utterly useless for BL; don't ever get it.

If you look at my guide, the second post (first page of the thread) has my skill setup. The only thing you may want to change on it are the levels of these skills:
- Force Kick (9 or 20)
- Vital Interfere (18 or 20)
- Lightning Slash (9 or 12, but 9 is ideal imo until you get Death Tempest)
- Blade Scud (very few go past 9, I would recommend keeping it there for pve)
- Death Tempest (depending on your build, you can try DT at 9, 12, 15, 18 or even 20; I use 20 for pvp but if you wanna spam it, you will probably set it to 12 or 15)

Jesito
06-07-2011, 03:25 AM
OK,OK anything else i should know?

cadacus_ater
06-07-2011, 09:04 AM
This is a long reply, but it should tell you everything you need to know about combos and a little bit about setting up your skill bar.

Only other things you need to know are how to retarget in bm2 (check the Blader forum for threads on retargeting) and good combos in pve (once you have all your attack skills). Consult my guide if you don't know what abbreviations I'm using below. To make comboing easier I recommend you put your main combo's attack skills on slots 2, 3, and 4, and quick slots A+2, A+3, and A+4. This makes doing 5 or even 6 skill combos MUCH easier. All you need to do is press the correct number while holding or not holding 'Alt' (or whatever key you hold to access quick slots) to use the quick slot (Alt+2 for A+2) or the normal slot corresponding to the number. I generally put my combo button on 1.

For situations where an enemy, with no other enemies around it you can hit, gets you to low hp, fast skills in combos take priority over AoE skills in helping you gain hp back with vampire and hp absorption gear. I suggest you put IS and Assault on keys 5 and 6 of your normal combo skill bar and learn to reach over to them when needed (or right click on them). You might also want to make a separate skill bar for your fast skill combos and switch to it as needed. To use hp potions (or vital gear in war) I generally put them somewhere on my skill bar and right click on them, unless I am in Battle Mode 2, where I have a very specific setup to allow for retargeting in BM2 (I won't go into BM2 in this post, there are other threads talking about it)

>>> Quick note: As your Battle Mode 2 is close to canceling, try using BS or Crushing Blow and then using LS as you exit Battle Mode; it is a useful technique.

>> Below are some pve combos you should know for various skill builds. I'm assuming you keep BS at 9, LS at 9 or 12, DT at 12, 15 or 20 and put all other skills at 20 unless I say otherwise. Keep in mind Assault has the same in-combo cast time as DS; swap them if you are moving to a new monster and want to remain in combo. Or just throw in Assault wherever....

I generally put VI at 20 but if you leave it at 18 and have DT 15 and LS 12 you can do this 'stunlock' combo:
- VI, LS, DT, VI, SG, BS (repeat this string; you may be able to replace SG with DS or Assault)

There is a very easy 4 skill combo with VI 20, LS 9 and DT 12 but I don't recommend it due to poor damage output:
- VI, LS, DT, BS (repeat)

With VI 20, DT 15 and LS 12 you can use this combo:
- VI, LS, DT, BS, SG (repeat)
Note you may swap the order of BS and SG; also you may add DS between VI and LS if you want.
You can use these combos to have the 11th skill be BS (BS is a fairly good skill to end your 11 skill combo on in pve)
- BS, SG, VI, LS DT (repeat; you may switch the placement of SG and DT)
- VI, LS, DT, SG, BS, VI, DS, LS, DT, SG, BS (this is a 6 skill combo; a little trickier, but it loops well)

If you decide to mimic my skill setup exactly (VI 20, LS 9, BS 9, DT 20) you can use my personal favorite pve combos, but they are all 6 skills or more:
- LS, DS, BS, VI, LS, DS, SG, DT, VI, LS, BS (If LS is cooling then I use...)
- BS, VI, LS, DS, SG, BS, VI, LS, DT, BS, VI (There are a few variations of this combo I use)

Finally, if you find yourself low on hp against a boss with no enemies around him that you can hit with your standard combos and need to gain back hp quickly with vampirism (hp absorption), you need to use a combo with a lot of fast skills (however, if the boss is too strong, either doing too much damage or having too much defense, it wont work out well)...for example:
- VI, LS, IS, Assault, DS, DT, SG, VI, IS, DS, BS
If you get comfortable comboing past 11 you can add another Assault before the BS at the end. Sometimes I will even use FK in these combos if it is cool.

To make your own combos, consult page 2, post #19 on my guide for in-combo cast times and combo building advice. You may experiment to try to find ones you like, but these are a few of the better ones I looked at. It is important to be able to be flexible and use whatever skills and combos the situation calls for, instead of always using the same combos.

h3llz
06-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Mirage Step was ok for me until I hit 160+, it is nearly useless in Porta Inferno and by that level I didn't need it anymore. Concentration is utterly useless for BL; don't ever get it.

If you look at my guide, the second post (first page of the thread) has my skill setup. The only thing you may want to change on it are the levels of these skills:
- Force Kick (9 or 20)
- Vital Interfere (18 or 20)
- Lightning Slash (9 or 12, but 9 is ideal imo until you get Death Tempest)
- Blade Scud (very few go past 9, I would recommend keeping it there for pve)
- Death Tempest (depending on your build, you can try DT at 9, 12, 15, 18 or even 20; I use 20 for pvp but if you wanna spam it, you will probably set it to 12 or 15)

+1

Hilal
06-09-2011, 12:08 AM
This is a long reply, but it should tell you everything you need to know about combos and a little bit about setting up your skill bar.

Cabal should honor those who help others. +1

Tenrai
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
You must master...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PycZtfns_U

Then you will become legend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAlO-ljVX00