PDA

View Full Version : Missing file? please help

david001938
06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
i wanted to return to cabal since i stopped playing a few months ago but after i updated everything i tried playing and it said there was a file missing, i then uninstalled cabal and installed it all over again after downloading the game again. the problem wasnt fixed, i then clicked on 'check files' and after about 20 minutes it finished but didnt fix the problem. please help?2631
click on the picture to view it larger.. please someone help me, i love cabal!!! (although kinda sad that there will be a cabal2 since i will lose all the time and money[$40 :P] that i put into this game)

david001938
06-06-2011, 08:25 AM
please someone help me!!

lonelybody
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
hj maybe i can help u
if the problem a gain
http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client
click on Manual download it
and open cabal again they will work ^^

XFearMyBladeX
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
just restart cabal

david001938
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
hj maybe i can help u
if the problem a gain
http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client
click on Manual download it
and open cabal again they will work ^^
hmm k i will try it, thnx, i will tell u the results in a while

just restart cabal
hmm i already restarted cabal 4 times....pretty sure it wont work form just restarting again. thnx though

infiCathi
06-06-2011, 07:35 PM
o.o you haven't pressed check files?

sn0wXz
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
no its result of gameguard not properly starting; not result of missing files; even if gameguard was missing at start up, it would auto download the files needed given it has proper access to the internet... just make sure you dont have Anti virus/firewall programs blocking cabal/gameguard.

TheEra
06-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I got this same problem. Still cant fix it either.

nvious
06-10-2011, 07:34 PM
no its result of gameguard not properly starting; not result of missing files; even if gameguard was missing at start up, it would auto download the files needed given it has proper access to the internet... just make sure you dont have Anti virus/firewall programs blocking cabal/gameguard.

its not the firewall or AV cause i took my wifes brand new laptop and deleted the AV and turned off the firewall even the added a rule for the advanced fire wall and guess what its still missing the files needed to get past the launcher cause when you click on the start button the launcher dissappears like it should and thats it nothing else happens went into task manager and theres nothing there bout game gaurd or the launcher

Valdoroth
06-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Then you have a small other program working in the background it doesn't like or cope with. It's finicky like that. Try looking at your processes running in task manager to see if anything is running that you don't need running and by trial and error you'll figure it out. I do it everytime I restart my computer since my CCleaner doesn't pick up those files to disable autorun. :)
BTW, CCLeaner is a highly recommended program to help clean your computer. Just make sure you deselect the things on the list you don't want it cleaning out since after you install it it has all items checked off at first. I've used it for a couple years now with no problems. It works nice in tandem with Spybot S&D too.

nvious
06-12-2011, 09:38 PM
yeah i have defender pro 15 in 1 and its got everything i need and ive got that installed now on the wifes laptop, did a deep scan on it and ran the reg. cleaner on it so everything is fine with the laptop its even got a gaming mode that does everything like gamebooster so next thing is to find another site that has a download for cabal and try it from there and see how it goes

Wife told me shes on the virge of PKing me too :(

LOL

nvious
06-22-2011, 04:55 PM
went ahead and installed gamebooster and CCleaner .... still nothing launcher loads up and updates like normal then when its suppose to goto GG it does nothing so my next idea is for when this new update comes out tonight afterwards im going to redownload the game and see that might work.... at this point anything is worth a try atleast once

Bloodz
06-28-2011, 04:52 AM
hey guys ^^ i'm having the exact same problem as this
i would like to know if anybody found a way to fix it? =O plz i really do love cabal i lost my account a few months ago and finally got enough will power to finnaly start cabal again and this ..... happens... -.-

EDIT: ok i redownloaded ( this time using orbit as a downloader ) and reinstalled and this problem is fixed ^^ unfortunately i met a new problem... after entering my id and password it tells me failed to connect to server please try later =.=