PDA

View Full Version : where/what the best way to farm AXP?

kianne0014
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Help! :)

And also what/where the best way to level a pet?

thanks!

Rage
06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
axp just level. you can farm in pi or go ca. also plate of soul if you run dungeons. 3 ap per adds up.... IC2 gives pretty good ap from quests and bming.

as far as leveling pet, get your defense as high as possible then use arrows or the lowest (and fastest) sword skills on a reddish cauda in FGR or golem in ls. just keep dmg as low as possible and worst case get some auto pots if you can't tank.

or you could afk on a gate in nw :D

zhuai
06-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I did my pet train with Cornuses in pf. The reason for doing this is because I am a wizard and I use novice magic skills that are really quick (hits ~every 1.2s) and only Cornus can survive from my auto attacks thanks to its regeneration. Similary if you are sword class you can use the novice sword skills and use noob weapons.

Coupled with decent def (800+), 4xlar3 and extort brac you can be afk all day long to train your pet. Get two Cornuses to reduce miss hits even if your atk rate is 1k (with noob weapons). No need for auto pot or supervision. This is also a good way to accumulate T-points if you have bb+ since you still do something even if your character is away.

I started doing this from lvl 155 to lvl 170 to make 5 pets to lvl 10. In the mean time I am sure 3 levels were gained purely from exp hitting two Cornuses!

Warning about your computer tho.. turn off all effect, turn it into window mode and minimize the window. This will save some power and not burn something like my friend did ;p

jone
06-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I did my pet train with Cornuses in pf. The reason for doing this is because I am a wizard and I use novice magic skills that are really quick (hits ~every 1.2s) and only Cornus can survive from my auto attacks thanks to its regeneration. Similary if you are sword class you can use the novice sword skills and use noob weapons.

Coupled with decent def (800+), 4xlar3 and extort brac you can be afk all day long to train your pet. Get two Cornuses to reduce miss hits even if your atk rate is 1k (with noob weapons). No need for auto pot or supervision. This is also a good way to accumulate T-points if you have bb+ since you still do something even if your character is away.

I started doing this from lvl 155 to lvl 170 to make 5 pets to lvl 10. In the mean time I am sure 3 levels were gained purely from exp hitting two Cornuses!

Warning about your computer tho.. turn off all effect, turn it into window mode and minimize the window. This will save some power and not burn something like my friend did ;p

1. What's a lar3?
2. Where exactly did you go? I can't find anywhere in PF where I won't die.

chainlock
06-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Normal leveling is the best way for fast AP. I prefer boss hunting.

Get some crappy forcium for 1m each from ah, get eog+6, any other +defense things you can think of, force regen earrings/ammy. + the crappy forcium until you have around 1k defense and you will be fine.

zhuai
06-11-2011, 05:41 AM
1. What's a lar3?

Lar3 is life absorb ring+3 :)
The exact spot is next to the 1st slope you see if you went from proc portal. Stand between that slope and the portal. To get here you would have to pass by Pluma and only 2 Cornus (very rarely 1 Brachium) will get here. Pluma cannot reach you at this spot. You can do this on the Cap side too but if I am not wrong the Pluma could shoot you there. Very rarely you would get pked since you are not occupying the center monsters.

Valdoroth
06-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Lar3 is life absorb ring+3 :)
The exact spot is next to the 1st slope you see if you went from proc portal. Stand between that slope and the portal. To get here you would have to pass by Pluma and only 2 Cornus (very rarely 1 Brachium) will get here. Pluma cannot reach you at this spot. You can do this on the Cap side too but if I am not wrong the Pluma could shoot you there. Very rarely you would get pked since you are not occupying the center monsters.
For sword classes, getting back only 10-20% of a hit of 30 is hardly anything. You're far better off wearing anything with auto HP regen. I leveled my lvl 5 Lizard to lvl 9 in about 2 weeks in PF. I also lvled my lvl 6 Cutie Tai to lvl 10 in about 2 weeksas well. And that was only pet grinding when i wasn't playing and many times my connection cut off. Granted I did have a 100% pet exp bb and about as stacked as you can get pet bonus exp (rune max too). If you don't want to risk going past pluma, then just go far enough on the bridge to get 2 brachium. They hit less than cornus and still regen about the same rate.

zhuai
06-11-2011, 06:28 PM
They hit less than cornus and still regen about the same rate.

Actually you can hit Cornus a lot harder than Brachium and they will still survive thanks to their great Regen. My estimation is they recover 400 dmg per 2 sec.

With lots of absorb setup (lar3x4, ve4x2, v ammy+3, extort b+4 x2) you will get ~70 hp per hit per monster which is greater than any regen equipment. This will allow you to be afk even with lower defense armor..800+ was fine for me.

The goal is to train faster with quick skill while not spending too much on high def armor. Just use faster skills than lances (except if ur fa)

Going past Pluma is not hard.. She follows you then she got reset because she went too far from spawn :)

Valdoroth
06-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Yea i guess so. I have 1.1k def so regen works enough bcs i barely get hit. Brach hit me like only 40s or something. :)
But the main point of this discussion is to conclude that PF is the best place to pet grind.

Newage
06-12-2011, 08:32 AM
meow ^^