PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Rate

Tenrai
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
5k Defensive rate, will it get you far in dungeons?

aosu
01-18-2012, 03:11 PM
damage is what get you far in dungeon. Def rate only increase the chance that mobs miss hit you. It doesn't help you kill mobs faster or make mobs hit you less hard.

5k def is actually so high though.

Davynelord
02-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Defense rate is good if you solo hard dungeons...however, the level difference between you and the mob is a huge factor (how much, we don't know)....you can have very high defense rate and if the mob is much higher level than you, you will still get hit more often than not. The only other way to get better results is to use flee rate along with defense rate...their effects stack with each other and flee rate is independent and not effected by mob level as far as I know.

For example...

Mob A (close to your level if not directly equal...give or take 10 level difference is my guess)
If you raise defense rate then mob A misses you more (let's just say you have enough Def Rate that it misses you 50% of the time)...

Mob B (higher level than you....20+ levels higher)
That same defense rate verse Mob A makes Mob B miss you say only 30% of the time...

So now, lets add 30% flee rate and all of a sudden Mob A is missing you 80% of the time and Mob B is missing you 60% of the time....it's because the 30% flee rate adds directly to the (hidden) percentage that defense rate verse mobs attack rate and level modifier give you. We don't know the formula that produces the rate at which mobs (or players) miss us so we can only assume.

However, we can find out for pvp....just need to test by taking 2 players enter into WAR zone, one player stands there attacking the other with normal attacks (probably take a sample of 2000 to 5000 attacks...yes very long and boring lol)....then compare your levels, attack rate and defense rate....don't forget to factor in the 5% base flee rate as well....Then it's probably possible to come up with a close enough formula to better understand how much defense rate = hit/miss %...

But really, how many players are willing to do this type of testing...most don't even care about def rate since everyone combo's most of the time in both PVP and PVE...as soon as I move to my new house and get my pc's hooked up to my network, I'll log 2 accounts and do the testing myself....right now I only have 1 pc able to connect to the game...so can't figure out anything atm...

CandiCoatted
02-02-2012, 08:03 AM
5k Defensive rate, will it get you far in dungeons?

the same way 19 amp will get you far in pvp!

Davynelord
02-02-2012, 08:17 AM
However, let me point out that you can just BM2 every boss which eliminates the need to have high defense rate...with the ability to log out of the dungeon and dance for 8 to 9 minutes then reenter, you can keep 2 or 3 bars of SP at all times....

Or you can just get a WI to SP you, dance for 3 to 5 minutes....either way, normal mobs are easy to get through...bosses you can just BM2 them to death....

But for certain dungeons like FT1 or IC1 (not sure about IC2), if you log out of the dungeon, you will lose the quest items and can't complete them or in the case of FT1, spend another 1m for another epaulet (if that's even possible). In these dungeons if you want to complete the quest in them, you can't log out, therefore you won't be able to BM2 every boss unless you can kill fast...which goes back to having high damage anyway.

MamaMiaYoe
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
def rate is something to be ignored in pvp :(

Davynelord
02-03-2012, 03:58 AM
def rate is something to be ignored in pvp :(

not totally true....

Just saying pvp is not 100% combo 100% of the time. No you won't rely on def rate, but sometimes it does make people miss during pvp when you combo break them and they have to wait on cool down before they can combo again.

silver
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
defense rate and attack rate is useless plz just remove them and make all amor have the same def.

Tenrai
02-04-2012, 04:26 AM
the same way 19 amp will get you far in pvp!
Breaking 72 amp atm...

CandiCoatted
02-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Breaking 72 amp atm...

stop with the lies!