PDA

View Full Version : 2 Claw Retarget

Noir
07-15-2011, 09:11 PM
So..some of the guides out there are pretty vague and don't explain well enough. Can someone post a good guide/tutorial on how to do a 2 claw retarget (not a kick retarget). Would be much appreciated, please and thanks.

IRaid101
07-16-2011, 08:49 AM
its simple just after 2 secs press esc......
or do the f5 thing

cadacus_ater
07-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Well, it's hard to explain without actually seeing it done, or practicing a lot until you get it down. The basic steps are:

1. Target the enemy (with your left mouse button usually)
2. Press the attack button (usually 1, with potions on 2)
3. With correct timing, untarget the enemy (I do this with 'select my character', which I have set to middle mouse button, a.k.a. clicking my scroll wheel)

Repeat steps 1-3 over and over again. You need to practice to get the timing down, for no kick retargeting, you end up pressing each of the 3 buttons for target, then attack, and then untarget in under a second. You don't need to do it as fast as you can, timing and rhythm is the most important thing. Do it out of rhythm and you will pause from your attack sequence, which you don't want. Also, make sure auto attack is turned on; it helps a ton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JScNwg0NOo&feature=related

If you watch my video on soloing quadra, you will notice the quadra's hp bar at the top of the screen periodically being replaced by my character's name and level (this happens due to me targeting myself to untarget the monster). This can give you a general idea of the timing and rhythm needed to retarget with no kick.

EDIT: I should add that if you are lagging too badly (it has to be pretty bad though), it is pretty much impossible to retarget with no kick :(

xxdanteX
07-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, it's hard to explain without actually seeing it done, or practicing a lot until you get it down. The basic steps are:

1. Target the enemy (with your left mouse button usually)
2. Press the attack button (usually 1, with potions on 2)
3. With correct timing, untarget the enemy (I do this with 'select my character', which I have set to middle mouse button, a.k.a. clicking my scroll wheel)

Repeat steps 1-3 over and over again. You need to practice to get the timing down, for no kick retargeting, you end up pressing each of the 3 buttons for target, then attack, and then untarget in under a second. You don't need to do it as fast as you can, timing and rhythm is the most important thing. Do it out of rhythm and you will pause from your attack sequence, which you don't want. Also, make sure auto attack is turned on; it helps a ton.

If you watch my video on soloing quadra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JScNwg0NOo, you will notice the quadra's hp bar at the top of the screen periodically being replaced by my character's name and level (this happens due to me targeting myself to untarget the monster). This can give you a general idea of the timing and rhythm needed to retarget with no kick.

EDIT: I should add that if you are lagging too badly (it has to be pretty bad though), it is pretty much impossible to retarget with no kick :(

I approve this msg. all bout good rhythm i got it down after tons of practicing when i ran dungeons or solo bosses. practice makes perfect XD

chainlock
07-16-2011, 12:12 PM
You don't need to do it as fast as you can(

Most important thing. A lot of people think you have to push the buttons extremely fast.

1 thing he didn't point out that a lot of people have to do is move your mouse in tiny circles. Some are lucky enough to be able to leve it in place, but the majority I've talked to have to move it.

Chippo
07-16-2011, 12:26 PM
So..some of the guides out there are pretty vague and don't explain well enough. Can someone post a good guide/tutorial on how to do a 2 claw retarget (not a kick retarget). Would be much appreciated, please and thanks.

Luckily, I am in a generous mood today, so I will provide you with a nice guide created from my playing experience.

The goal of efficient Blader Battle Mode 2 retarget is to maximize your damage output. Without considering any worn items, you have to make the damage output numbers appear stacked as close to each other as possible. In other words, the yellow/blue numbers that appear above an attacked target need to appear like a steep staircase.

As you know already, there are three key/buttons involved: Normal Attack (or any unusable skill while in BM2), Esc (alone) or F5 (in a party) or any key that you assigned to Select my character from the game's Option > Key Bindings > Party > Select my character, and lastly Left Mouse button or Z (when alone in Mission War).

To retarget kick-free, activate Grappler Mode, click a hostile target, start clawing (pressing Normal Attack or other key), right before the anticipated and dreaded low-dps kick, briefly break the cycle by selecting your character, then repeat click, claw, and character-select until Grappler Mode expires.

The finished product and blueprint have been provided. What are missing now? Of course, you need the tools to create your own masterpiece.

There are tools to help perfect the claw retarget.

You need to have a decent internet connection and computer set-up (of course you could lower Graphics settings to minimum, but what fun is the game without all the eye-candy fireworks). A good way to check these is to see if you can use Force Kick in your Combo. Other tools are your mouse and keyboard. Use Control Panels. For the mouse, make the Double-Click speed Fast, and make Character Repeat Delay Long [important] for the keyboard. Don't attack the keys. Pressing them as fast as the claw animation does not give you the best claw retarget. Keep calm and tell yourself, "what's the hurry?" while mechanically and gently pressing the keys along with clicking the hostile target.

Remember the goal of claw retarget and work at it to achieve it.

Practice makes perfect. This is one of the vestiges of manual skills remaining in this game. Mastering this will make you stand out from bladers and you will be more welcomed (provided your dps-gear is standard) to join advanced party dungeons, because the only aspect bladers truly excel in is this claw retarget.

I hope this has helped you in any way.

Below is a very nice video showing claw retarget. This rhythm is for what you should aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK1MFn2-c0

Noir
07-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Ya thanks for the posts guys. Ya i have mastered kick retarget and im tryin to claw. I can do claw for like 5 seconds then i screw up. Still need to get the rhythym down.

-Also, I retarget using the f5 method (set to select my character), with auto attack at number 1. Then alternating between my pinky at 1, clicking, and f5 with index.

Noir
07-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Also what does moving the mouse have anything to do with retargetting if you are just clicking?

Another question i have is, how do you use potions when retargetting? i always have to break it when i need to heal.

cadacus_ater
07-16-2011, 10:10 PM
You need to learn to keep your rhythm steady while you use potions. Takes practice, but you should get to the point where you can press the potion button with a free finger while you continue using your retargeting fingers in a steady rhythm. For this reason, most people put potions next to either "attack" or "select my character" (I put them on 2, next to "attack" on 1; if you are using the F5 method, you may want to put potions on 3 or 4 and hit them with your ring or middle finger, whichever is best for you). You could also consider setting ` to "select my character" (` should be on the left of 1). I used ` a while before I started using middle mouse much easier to retarget with middle mouse as "select my character" since I only used one finger on my left hand in the attack sequence (middle finger on "attack") and I could easily keep my rhythm steady while using potions (with my index) as a result of this].

As far as moving the mouse is concerned, this may be done to help with lag, to ensure you do not get out of the hit box of your target, or to retarget only using your mouse button and attack (that is, by clicking the monster, attacking, and clicking yourself you can target, attack and untarget; this is one method of doing retarget, but it may be much harder for you to do).

EDIT: Alternatively, you could also try making a secondary bind for your potions key on middle mouse and keep your F5 method as it is. If you do choose to use middle mouse for something, change your camera zoom binds so that something like shift + wheel up/down does your zoom in/out, that way your camera will be stable (note the actual function for camera zoom may be misnamed as "turn camera" or something like that in options).

I just now thought of this after reading Chippo's post below, thanks Chippo for helping me stretch my thinking! You can always follow Chippo's, or whoever else's suggestions too, if they work better for you. Experiment to find what you like best!

Chippo
07-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Also what does moving the mouse have anything to do with retargetting if you are just clicking?

Another question i have is, how do you use potions when retargetting? i always have to break it when i need to heal.

Moving the mouse does not really do anything, for me.

My Use HP Potion key is bound to E, Normal Attack is 3, and Select my character is `. I slide down from 3 to E to heal when I do retarget.

Since you use F5 and 1 keys, you should find a middle ground suited for natural finger-thumb placements. If I were you, I would change Use HP Potion key into Spacebar or around N and M. Then set Pick up Item to Alt or other key because Spacebar would no longer be registered to make you pick up drops. You don't have to use the keys from 1 to =. Alter your Key Bindings (found in Option) to best suit your needs ergonomically and efficiently.

fsflashy
07-17-2011, 12:15 AM
theres really nothing to it. just rhythm and practice. theres no special tricks or anything.

MrBlacker
07-18-2011, 05:23 AM
retarge 2 claw? check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhS_Szi6t0U&feature=related

Noir
07-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Cadacus you said to have auto attack on (ya i have it on for kick), but I heard from some people that having it off is better? Can someone explain?

IRaid101
07-18-2011, 12:42 PM
did he hold the camera with his mouth ?
or 3rd arm o.o

cadacus_ater
07-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Cadacus you said to have auto attack on (ya i have it on for kick), but I heard from some people that having it off is better? Can someone explain?

It depends.... Turning it off keeps you from accidentally doing the kick as easy, but you can end up pausing longer or more frequently if you mess up the tiniest bit and it feels less lenient with the timing of key strokes imo. For me the best results are obtained with auto attack turned on.

Daedgo
07-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Im a former blader, and back in my days i discovered a really easy way to do retarget and i will tell u how, look first of all if u have one of thouse mouse that have a Scroll in the midle of the 2 clicks will be super easy, u will go to options and check for the configurations of the keys, go to the party side an look for the icon that says to target urself, u will put as default the midle scroll save, and thats it, go to a training dummie and make this:

in the number 1 put the normal attk or in number 2 as long as u fell confrtable is ok, now click on the training dummie and the secuence will be this one: left clik+1+scroll+ left click +1 +scroll... and so on, u need to hear the sound of the claws, also i recomend to get used to it to do the simple retarget that one only with the 2 claws 2 kicks, when the second kick come u do the retarget, scroll+leftclick( on dummie )+1, u will get use of the sound, u need to keep a rithym, u will see its very easy cuz if u are right handed u will use ur midle finger for the scroll, ur index finger for the left click and ur, index finger of the left hand to push the number one, so it will be like music, hear the claws and u will catch the 1, 2, 3..1,2,3...1,2,3.. XD ahahahaha its like learning how to dance i hope this help this is how i learned and is sooooooooo freaking easy bro.

Daedgo
07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
and i fotgot...., keep the auto attk on, even with the 2 claws thingy, at least it worked pretty smooth and fine for me.

Chippo
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
When you have set your two buttons (Normal Attack or an unusable skill in BM2, and Select my character or Esc or F5), use Control Panels. For the mouse, make the Double-Click speed Fast, and make Character Repeat Delay Long for the keyboard. Don't attack the keys. Pressing them as fast as the claw animation does not give you the best claw retarget. Keep [I]calm and tell yourself, "what's the hurry?" while mechanically and gently pressing the keys along with clicking the hostile target.

Now I use the left mouse button, 3 (Normal Attack) and 2 (Select my character; I swapped ` with 2 in Key Bindings) buttons. My left index finger presses 3 and slides down to E to heal, and middle finger presses 2. Keeping the buttons close to one another seems to give the best claw retarget. Proximity is awesome prevails yet again. :)

chainlock
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7SGVnbbPAE

Really doesn't seem to matter how you set the keys once you get it down. I use force kick(f3) to attack when I'm in bm2 and ~ to target self.

The way I've tought a few people is just go super slow at the start, then gradually speed up until you find the point it's the fastest you can go without pushing too fast. Practice everywhere you go.

xxdanteX
07-25-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7sgvnbbpae

really doesn't seem to matter how you set the keys once you get it down. I use force kick(f3) to attack when i'm in bm2 and ~ to target self.

The way i've tought a few people is just go super slow at the start, then gradually speed up until you find the point it's the fastest you can go without pushing too fast. Practice everywhere you go.
lol my sensei taught me how to retarget lol omg lover your 8 rate rota solo lol

Daedgo
07-26-2011, 04:12 PM
bm2+retarget is cool but lets be honest some times is a pain in the ass the whole retarget thing XD

chainlock
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
bm2+retarget is cool but lets be honest some times is a pain in the ass the whole retarget thing XD

Honestly, I never even think about it anymore. It just happens.

xxdanteX
07-26-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmUbJJcc1q4
i broke a lil but im perfecting it have a clikin problem lol miss boss alot sometimes XD

bloodwarrior2
07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
lol 2 claw retarget easy when u have 1 monster around u try having a whole mob

chainlock
07-26-2011, 08:44 PM
lol 2 claw retarget easy when u have 1 monster around u try having a whole mob

That doesn't happen anywhere unless you let it.

xxdanteX
07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
thats stupid might as well bm1 if u got alot targets

Noir
07-29-2011, 02:32 PM
ya i can finally do it now. So I did all the stuff in control panels. And then i have auto attack at 1 and potions at 2. I binded select to self as 2 and potions and e. Then i just go 1,2, click. 1,2, click. ^^

Noir
07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure on potions though, Im thinking of doing either that or bind it to tab and reach with pinky?

Noir
07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
...ya i didn't practice till a lot later cause i was on vacation for almost 2 weeks when started the thread xD.

chainlock
07-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I changed the top row of skills to f1-f12 instead of alt1-0.

You can see my skill bar in that screen shot, I use f3(force kick) to attack and ~ to target self. So my pointer is on f3, middle finger on 2, then ring finger or pinky on ~, whichever I feel like using at the time.

It was a little awkward to use pots while retargetting at first, but once you have it down it gets simple.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/tjxs/pluma.jpg

Noir
07-29-2011, 06:25 PM
can u bind right click to target self? if so how, cause it doesn't work for me under options

cadacus_ater
07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't think so. The left and right mouse buttons are set in stone.

yoshimurro
08-10-2011, 11:59 PM
2 claw retarg hmm? XD ill give u the advice i was given it will help u in great deal!! SMASH KEYS AND SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PedroPenduko
08-17-2011, 09:35 PM
blader mode....

Hash
08-24-2011, 12:47 AM
2 claw retarg hmm? XD ill give u the advice i was given it will help u in great deal!! SMASH KEYS AND SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smashing keys is the worst advice available ..

oXxiINel
08-24-2011, 01:21 AM
can u bind right click to target self? if so how, cause it doesn't work for me under options
You can if you have a mouse that can assign buttons, for eg. a razor mouse. Just set self target to any other rand key on your mouse then change the assign button for right click to the button and set right click for something else.

Daedgo
10-10-2011, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lVXqGqWjk&feature=youtube_gdata here`s the easy way of retarget

Daedgo
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3lVXqGqWjk&feature=youtube_gdata

LovenLifee
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
garb 2 claw 1 claw gogoggogoggogo D:

Lheage
10-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Lucky for me, I have Mouse4 and Mouse5. Should make it much much more fluent.

PANXXX
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
tap tap self select fast (keep clicking target) repeat how i do mine

Chifang
10-12-2011, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPR6HfvOcck

He's better.
:>

Cell
10-12-2011, 09:04 PM
YOU GUYS WISH YOU WERE AS GOOD AS HER SHE DOESNT EVEN BREAK!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=790ni4ls7z0

Argetlam
10-12-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK1MFn2-c0

before the 4 ring update pro

Nuisa
10-14-2011, 08:50 AM
use a macro mouse with the correct script, then you just need to place your mouse on the target and it will do auto-2 claws retargeting while you drink your coffee.

EDIT: I am sure most of those BL in the vids use this. xD

FuchanEry
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO78antaFIA

Chifang
10-14-2011, 12:59 PM
^ Pro :>

Lord Kronius
04-06-2015, 11:16 PM
xD

MamaMiaYoe
04-14-2015, 11:31 AM