PDA

View Full Version : Question about blader

leadamean
07-16-2011, 07:02 PM
im not new to this game. and i know mostly what i should and am going to get. but i need to know what gear i shld get rate from. shld i get a rate helm? rate in one of the weps? or just 30% from rings and then the 5% bass rate is fine? this is the only trouble im having bc i am new to this class. i also dont hav the money for a 7/40 anything so thats out of the possibilities for rate. any help wld be appreciated

Edit: I also need some help on skills to get. im mostly pvp/war if that helps

cadacus_ater
07-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I get rate from my pet, rings, and k-red board. If you have to get rate anywhere other than those sources, go for weapons, since in war when you get legacy weapons, you get rate from that to replace the amount you get from weapons. Paired with a pc dmg helm you are golden.

35 rate is ok to have, but you may notice you crit a little more often with 40 rate or more. 40 rate is usually the ideal target for bladers, 38 is ok too if you prefer pure damage helm and weapons and your only rate sources are a board and rings.

leadamean
07-16-2011, 07:17 PM
ok so in regular pvp id still do fine with just 35 rate? bc i do know that most of the bladers skills give both rate and dmg

cadacus_ater
07-16-2011, 07:52 PM
In regular pvp, you still need a little luck to win, and sometimes even with 40 rate you can have a big string of non-crits, so that's why I say 35 is passable. There is a difference between 35 and 40 rate, but it is debatable whether it affects you much. Still, if you can get more than 35 without sacrificing much in the way of other stats, go for it.

As far as skills go, consult my guide http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?10514-A-Guide-on-All-Skills-to-get-for-Bladers-with-Recommended-Skill-Levels. It should tell you everything you need to know.

In upgrade skills, you can consider omitting Sixth Sense for Mana Mastery to try and become mana freeze-proof (you'd still need an mp rune and perhaps another mp boosting item) but you will lose a slight advantage against monsters in pve, so be careful if you decide to do this.

All your attack skills and buffs should be fine for pvp if you follow my guide (you may wish to completely skip Mirage Step, it is up to you; if you do, try going for either Double Rising [for more combo options...pve only], Fatality Increase, or Curse Dodge). The only skills that may vary in level are BS, LS and DT. BS 9 is almost universal unless you are EXCLUSIVELY pvp; at 20 it is a nice finisher, but combos outside of pvp become VERY difficult. LS 9 is good if you choose to use DT 20 (LS 9 and especially DT 20 are awesome in pvp), but you can also use LS 12 and DT 15 too. Going past LS 12 is rare, as it is one the best AoE dps moves Bladers have. For pvp and war, you should probably put VI 20 and Force Kick at 20 (for pure damage) or 9 (for more frequent use in war).

leadamean
07-16-2011, 09:06 PM
ok thanks for the help. and the guide. blader is pretty much the only class where i have no idea about skills and what lvl to put them at. thank you again for all your help