PDA

View Full Version : Ic1

Taylish
07-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Update:
My gear as follows
I am happy to add this new update ^_^

Armor:
Osmium Martialsuit of outrageous (BL) +9 (2 slot hp)(7% SSA)
Osmium Martialboots (BL)+ 9 (7% SSA)
Osmium Martialgloves (BL) +10 (7% SSA)
Osmium Martialhelm of fatal (BL)+8 (2 slot 20dmg+16dmg)

Weapons:
Forcium Blade+8 (7% SSA)
Sigmetal Blade +11 (2 slot 20 dmg)

Accessories:

Rings:
Critical ring +1 x2 (possible Critical ring +2 x2)
The Mergaheph's Ring
ROL+1

Bracelets:
BOF+2 slotted x2 (until I can get a higher HR)

Earrings:
Vampiric Earrings +4 x2

Amulet:
Vampiric Amulet +4 or Amulet of Battler +7/8

cadacus_ater
07-24-2011, 06:39 AM
You could use 5 amp hp slot boots, but ideally just get 7 amp boots, gloves, and a 7 amp craft suit with 100 hp. You'll want at least one forcium weapon, maybe 2, but if you don't get a 2nd forcium, make sure it is at minimum redosmium grade to keep your base attack high. The stats I would recommend for solo ic1 would be something like this:

950-1k+ attack (preferably 1k+)
80 or higher cdi (80 can be obtained with a kred board, a 30 dmg helm and 2 crit ring +1, pretty easy to get to)
35 rate or better (that's the minium I recommend, but if you are going for more of an amp build, you might get away with 33)

As far as amp goes, it depends on your other stats a little, but if you are going to focus on amp, I would recommend a minimum of 50 amp if only one weapon has amp, 55 if 2 of them have amp. Some gear you may want follows:

2 crit ring +1 or 2
1 force absorb ring or 1 life absorb ring (4% absorb or better; used in bm2)
2 bof+3 slotted
1 extortion bracelet +6 (if you have 35 rate or better and 100 or more crit damage)
7 amp boots and gloves (osm grade minimum)
7 amp 100 hp suit (osm grade minimum)
30 or 36 dmg helm (you could use a pc rate helm if you really wanted, but i prefer damage helms)

Weapons you might look at are:

7 amp forcium
4 amp craft, slotted forcium or better
5 amp craft, 2 slot redosm or better
rate craft 1 slot forcium or 2 slotted redosm

27 dmg or better redosm (if you get 35 rate or more)

Try to use at least 1 forcium.

titans05
07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
nice tip u got there bro!!! @_@

Taylish
07-24-2011, 11:14 AM
You could use 5 amp hp slot boots, but ideally just get 7 amp boots, gloves, and a 7 amp craft suit with 100 hp. You'll want at least one forcium weapon, maybe 2, but if you don't get a 2nd forcium, make sure it is at minimum redosmium grade to keep your base attack high. The stats I would recommend for solo ic1 would be something like this:

950-1k+ attack (preferably 1k+)
80 or higher cdi (80 can be obtained with a kred board, a 30 dmg helm and 2 crit ring +1, pretty easy to get to)
35 rate or better (that's the minium I recommend, but if you are going for more of an amp build, you might get away with 33)

As far as amp goes, it depends on your other stats a little, but if you are going to focus on amp, I would recommend a minimum of 50 amp if only one weapon has amp, 55 if 2 of them have amp. Some gear you may want follows:

2 crit ring +1 or 2
1 force absorb ring or 1 life absorb ring (4% absorb or better; used in bm2)
2 bof+3 slotted
1 extortion bracelet +6 (if you have 35 rate or better and 100 or more crit damage)
7 amp boots and gloves (osm grade minimum)
7 amp 100 hp suit (osm grade minimum
30 or 36 dmg helm (you could use a pc rate helm if you really wanted, but i prefer damage helms)

Weapons you might look at are:

7 amp forcium
4 amp craft, slotted forcium or better
5 amp craft, 2 slot redosm or better
rate craft 1 slot forcium or 2 slotted redosm

27 dmg or better redosm (if you get 35 rate or more)

Try to use at least 1 forcium.

Hmm bof+3 slotted won't be possible, I'm too close to leveling, maybe will only be able to do enough wars for hr 6 before I level out, I was thinking about getting 2x forci blades 7% SSA, if that wasn't clear.

For farm gear, I was going to go with the 2 slot osm amp 5% and try my luck at dungeon runs until I could afford forci amp.

I might try the 1x forci blade and 1x 27 dmg redosm blade, since that's more cost effective anyway, thanks for the tip, and please reply back if you have anymore to add ^_^.

cadacus_ater
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't bother with 5 amp osm unless you are on a very tight budget, just go for 7 amp if you can afford it; every bit of amp helps tremendously, especially in bm2 (make sure you retarget!). Try to get at least a 7 amp suit (100 hp if you can); you can get 5 amp gloves and boots if you want...but 7 amp helps a lot! Forcium Amp is hard to come by anyway and very expensive; you don't really need it for ic1, or many other commonly soloed dungeons for that matter. You can always sell your osm 7 amp later for good money if you want something better.

Using a 7 amp forcy and a 27 dmg redosm is a popular combination. It should serve you well. As far as your honor rank, you really should try to get to HR 10 if you can, honor is very important for gear. You might try building towers to get points without killing stuff and then relog to gain honor without leveling, but you should definitely try to boost your honor somehow.

Other items I neglected to mention that you will want are:

Vampire Amulet +3 (+4 isn't worth the extra money)
Vampire Earrings x2 (+4 ones suffice for most people)

Taylish
07-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh, another question. Is 25 base Attack better than 7% CD, because I was thinking of getting +9 Sigmetal blades 20% CD in place of the second Forci/redosm blade.

Taylish
07-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Update:
My gear as follows

Armor:
Osmium Martial suit +9 (5% SSA 2 slot hp) (I can possibly go for 7 amp 2 slot)
Mystic Hands (BL)+7 (5% SSA)(No slot)
Mystic Shoes (BL) +7 (5% SSA)(No slot)
Osmium MartialHelm +8 (30 dmg)

Weapons:
Forcium Blade+8 (7% SSA)
Redosmium Blade +9 (26/27 CDI)or Sigmetal blade +9 20% CD

Accessories:

Rings:
Critical ring +1 x2 (possible Critical ring +2 x2)
The Mergaheph's Ring
ROL+1

Bracelets:
BOF+2 slotted x2 (until I can get a higher HR)

Earrings:
Vampiric Earrings +4 x2

Amulet:
Vampiric Amulet +4 or Amulet of Battler +7/8

with this I lose 14% SSa :S

cadacus_ater
07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh, another question. Is 25 base Attack better than 7% CD, because I was thinking of getting +9 Sigmetal blades 20% CD in place of the second Forci/redosm blade.

It wouldn't be much different on crit, but the attack might be a little better for pure dps. Still the redosm 27 dmg would be easier to sell back once you get a better weapon, that's why I recommend redosm epic or forcium non-epic or epic instead of a non-epic sigmetal.

with this I lose 14% SSa :S

Sacrificing amp for def or hp adds up really fast. Amp is one of the most important stats for a blader who plans on soloing stuff. Still don't neglect stats like crit damage and rate; that stuff helps too for when you aren't in bm2. Balance is the best goal to aim for, until you get beyond the 'ideal' blader build of 1k+ att, 40 amp, 40 rate and 140 cdi, after which the easiest stat to improve is usually crit damage.

Taylish
07-24-2011, 06:15 PM
It wouldn't be much different on crit, but the attack might be a little better for pure dps. Still the redosm 27 dmg would be easier to sell back once you get a better weapon, that's why I recommend redosm epic or forcium non-epic or epic instead of a non-epic sigmetal.

Sacrificing amp for def or hp adds up really fast. Amp is one of the most important stats for a blader who plans on soloing stuff. Still don't neglect stats like crit damage and rate; that stuff helps too for when you aren't in bm2. Balance is the best goal to aim for, until you get beyond the 'ideal' blader build of 1k+ att, 40 amp, 40 rate and 140 cdi, after which the easiest stat to improve is usually crit damage.

okay, well I don't know how to keep my amp up and get 30 dmg helm, so I was still thinking 2x 7 amp forci blades and a 7 amp 2 slot helm, because after purchasing the sig blade I'll have 130M left over, the blade is around 150-170 M another amp forci blade = 300M so that works out perfectly if I decide to go 2x forci amp, I could also do the 27 dmg red osm, but with my rate I don't want to rely on crits.

chainlock
07-25-2011, 02:47 AM
This is for IC1 soloing? BM2 build?

If so 7/20 helm, 7% forci or 7/20 sig/red o blades > crit damage blades/helms. You will have lower rate using a 7amp/20 helm instead of 8rate/20, but the bm2 dps is much better.

cadacus_ater
07-25-2011, 05:44 AM
This is for IC1 soloing? BM2 build?

If so 7/20 helm, 7% forci or 7/20 sig/red o blades > crit damage blades/helms. You will have lower rate using a 7amp/20 helm instead of 8rate/20, but the bm2 dps is much better.

Yeah, going all-out amp gears does yield excellent bm2 dps, but I like to recommend stuff that people can use in more situations than just bm2.

Still using 7 amp 20 dmg stuff where possible is very good for bm2.

Taylish
07-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah, going all-out amp gears does yield excellent bm2 dps, but I like to recommend stuff that people can use in more situations than just bm2.

okay that's what I was shooting for, I plan to rarely be caught w/o 4 bars of sp before a dungeon run, and I have a wizard friend that can keep my sp up ^_^.

chainlock
07-25-2011, 12:26 PM

The build still works out of bm2 because of the skills built in rate. Very solid all around build.

Taylish
07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
one last question, I've heard that 1x forci amp blade and 40 dmg tit blade +10-12 is good, but i'm not sure, asking here for input ^_^

cadacus_ater
07-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't like titanium, the base attack is just too low. Base attack is very important for bm2, along with amp.

The purest boss hunting blader would ideally use:

Two high + weapons with amp (one forcium and one redosm or better)
>>[ in example, a 5 or 7 amp 10 dmg forcium, 7 amp forcium, 5 or 7 amp 20 dmg redosm, etc ]
4 pieces of 7 amp martial, with extra slots where possible and within budget
A k-red board, 2 15% rate rings, 2 rof+10 or cr+2,
An eof, 2 bof +3 slotted or better, a belt of vital
2 vamp earrings and a vampire amulet, coupled with a maxed hp absorb rune for hp absorption
>>[ Failing a hp absorb rune, a force absorb or life absorb ring could be used in place of a crit ring or rof ]
An amulet of pain for bm2 (assuming you can tank adequately without a vampire amulet in bm2)

The goal is to maximize attack and amp while pumping in as much rate and crit damage on the side as possible.

The weakness of this build is that while it excels at dungeons and boss hunting, it tends to struggle in pvp. As for how it would fare in war...that I'm not so sure of. I'm personally not a fan of the pure boss hunting blader, but if that's your goal for your blader, this is the best way to achieve it.

Taylish
07-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't like titanium, the base attack is just too low. Base attack is very important for bm2, along with amp.

The purest boss hunting blader would ideally use:

Two high + weapons with amp (one forcium and one redosm or better)
>>[ in example, a 5 or 7 amp 10 dmg forcium, 7 amp forcium, 5 or 7 amp 20 dmg redosm, etc ]
4 pieces of 7 amp martial, with extra slots where possible and within budget
A k-red board, 2 15% rate rings, 2 rof+10 or cr+2,
An eof, 2 bof +3 slotted or better, a belt of vital
2 vamp earrings and a vampire amulet, coupled with a maxed hp absorb rune for hp absorption
>>[ Failing a hp absorb rune, a force absorb or life absorb ring could be used in place of a crit ring or rof ]
An amulet of pain for bm2 (assuming you can tank adequately without a vampire amulet in bm2)

The goal is to maximize attack and amp while pumping in as much rate and crit damage on the side as possible.

The weakness of this build is that while it excels at dungeons and boss hunting, it tends to struggle in pvp. As for how it would fare in war...that I'm not so sure of. I'm personally not a fan of the pure boss hunting blader, but if that's your goal for your blader, this is the best way to achieve it.

for war, I will reroll to FS further down the road.

chainlock
07-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Titanium is crap. Ideal weapons for all around builds are 7amp/20 sig/red o, 7rate/40 osm or higher, 26%+ forci or 5+ amp 1 slot forci.

I find 2% hp steal is enough to live even vs pluma if you can do 1 hit retarget. It's easy to get in gloves now so you don't need a rune until later. Vamp ammy I find wasn't needed, just get 2 +6 vamp earrings and you're set to leave your AoP on.

Blader in war is actually very good, just takes some practice to figure out how to do it right.

Hash
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
just get a 7/7/24 helm .. its not that hard :P

one last question, I've heard that 1x forci amp blade and 40 dmg tit blade +10-12 is good, but i'm not sure, asking here for input ^_^

i used to use that build ... i recommend you dont. it was good for being lower than lvl 130, but at higher lvls it su.cks .. a lot