PDA

View Full Version : Repeated disconnections

Cruze
08-08-2011, 02:28 AM
I started playing Cabal 2-3 days ago. my buddy got me into it and I been playing it. We both talk on xfire while playing games..

I tried cabal before but didnt like it, and am just now getting back into it, but before I was lagging bad in the game (But weird enough I dont lag in any other game...)

Recently though, ever since i downloaded cabal, my internet frequently crashes... Like I can still go on internet explorer, but cabal disconnects me.. Then I also have to unplug and replug in my ethernet cord to get xfire to work. Because everytime cabal crashes, xfire does to.. I have no clue what the problem is but its only started since i downloaded cabal.. Id really like to play it, so a fix to stop these dc's would be nice... They happened 3 times in 10 minutes to me earlier, whcih really annoyed me

Also I get random lag spikes to where i will be hitting a monster over and over, but its hp bar doesnt move, and neither does mine. And all the hit damages dont appear or anything for roughly 10-15 seconds

edit: Ok after posting this my xfire crashed.. I have never had these problems before downloading cabal.. So clearly the download has affected my computer in a negative way and id like to know how to fix this. Its a relatively new computer with windows 7 64bit

oDIoSAo
08-08-2011, 10:44 AM
w7 your problem is you have high latency since it is not compatible with the game

Cruze
08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
so if its because of windows 7, if I ran it with a different compatability setting, such as windows xp, or windows 95.. Would the game work fine?

oDIoSAo
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo08u8zb2_c&feature=related
netsh int tcp show global

netsh int tcp set global chimney=enabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
at least that way you will not give you more the latency problem
and download the fix latency leatrix seek guidance from leatrix