PDA

View Full Version : HP Steal and HP Absorb

gqzpower
08-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Hello,

I'm new here i was invest allot of hours reading guides from EU server and US server, but i see allot of expired guides.

Reading on the web i see that is better get a set with HP steal and HP absorb before the Def.

I want understand how work the HP absorb and HP steal.
I have a gloves of absorption 5% HP steal with 1 slot of 2% HP steal, Amulet of Vampire +5, and 2 ring of absorb with 5% HP absorb.

I see that i no need recharge constantly, it is NICE, but some time don't see that my character is recovering when hit.

Some can explain me the formula of it?
What is better HP Absorb, or HP Steal?

Deathlymonkey
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
The hp steal% is the amount of hp that you character would get from hitting a monster IF you had infinite max hp steal.

Your max hp steal is calculated like this : 10% of your level(For example, if you are level 130, it's 13, if you are level 136, it is still 13) + The Max hp steal from gears.

Idk how to really explain it, so I'll give you an example:

Let's say you are level 130, using a vamp amulet+3 and 2 vamp earrings with 25 max hp steal. Your max hp steal per hit will be 103. Now let's say you have 5% hp steal. Then you go hit a monster for 3000. The hp steal % will determine the max hp steal that you COULD leech. So if you have 5% and hit a mob for 3000, you CAN get back 150 hp per hit. However, since you only have 103 max hp steal per hit, you will only get 103hp back. If you hit a monster for 1500 with 5% hp steal, you will only leech 75hp. That's why you need a decent amount of hp steal%, but if it is too high its useless if you dont have the max hp steal per hit to go with it. (Example: Hitting a monster for 3000 with 17% hp steal like you have could let you get 510 hp per hit, but since your max hp steal per hit isn't that high, it's a waste.)

Hope this helps

gqzpower
08-17-2011, 06:06 AM
OK, if i understand, the HP absorb is good for survive.
But it is limited by the HP steal.
So, i need use more items with HP steal to give a hight limite and less HP absorb items?

Can you recomend me the yewery to train and get a high limit?

SemiAutoMatic
08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
You don't want to wear jewlery for HP steal%. If you can get a osm grade level glove with amp, get hp steal in slot and extend so you can get max crit rate in other slot. But chances of that happening is pretty low, so you can just swap out a ring for a hp steal ring (5% hp steal) should be good enough for anything. Theres also a rune that gives you 3% steal. Wear some Vamperic earings too.

gqzpower
08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I have a gloves with 6% hp steal, 2 life absorb ring, vampire amulet+5, earring and bracelet of quest lvl 100 and khait earring and bracelet.
I think change the amulete for other better, and the earring when get a biger class rank, and bracelet... in no now, i'm thinking in bracelet of fighter...

cerverus3
08-22-2011, 07:08 PM
ill tell u i am 172 WA i use 3%hp and 130hp steal and i do just fine XD

IaMaLive
08-23-2011, 08:44 AM
ill tell u i am 172 WA i use 3%hp and 130hp steal and i do just fine XD

just wondering: are you wearing st grade armor? curious cuz i thought all wa should have over 5k+hp since update and 887def for 170+ is kinda low.

Drew
08-23-2011, 04:46 PM
3% steal
+96 per hit (108 if ur max level and using vamp earrs+7)

will bring you a long way...

SemiAutoMatic
08-24-2011, 08:18 AM
You don't need that much hp steal. Your gloves should be fine just get a vamp amulet+5 now.

gqzpower
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
i was work in a calculator to understand easy and know who is better for me, if hp steal or %
please some help me in it:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnUX9iaPL1cWdE5JSC1iY09pTHZ2eGVWMTdIWUxLY 0E&hl=es

Santiles
08-25-2011, 03:24 PM
With a Rune Hp absorb increse %% or more is more than enough for a character +point also good rune only u need those in gloves magic attack or attack depends on ur char

gqzpower
09-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Actualy i have it:
gloves with 6% hp absorb
ring with 5% hp absorb
1 bracelet with 1% hp absorb and other with 2%hp absorb -> 3% hp absorb
With it i get 14% hp absorb

Shoes with 20 HP steal
Vampire pedant 40HP steal
2 earring with 15 hp steah -> 30 hp steal
and 12 hp steal from.... i no remember
With it i get 102 hp steal

i'm lvl 130
i have around 3.3k of hp
So i get around 115 of HP per hit??
check the formula on it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnUX9iaPL1cWdE5JSC1iY09pTHZ2eGVWMTdIWUxLY 0E&hl=es

Is Correct my formula???

Davynelord
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Another thing to consider when using HP absorb items is to understand the amount of damage you do. Basically if you can do high damage with your attacks then you can get by with having lower hp steal% items and just add more Max Hp Steal. The general idea is that you only need enough HP Steal% to reach the max HP you can steal per hit with your lowest damage attack that you use. This will allow you to use equipment slots to equip Max HP Steal Items. You often won't ever need the max HP Steal% you can equip as the Max HP Steal is more important.

cerverus3
10-11-2011, 03:40 AM
just wondering: are you wearing st grade armor? curious cuz i thought all wa should have over 5k+hp since update and 887def for 170+ is kinda low.

i am using osm+7 gear and havent update stats for a while XD

Andrea
10-12-2011, 12:09 AM
Here's a quick guide to vamping:

Check ur 'c', hp absorb (and mp if u care about not using up much mp pots too). That's your 'hp steal % of the total damage' which you may get from hp absorb rune (but you need about 1014 axp to max it at 3%), pet (1% each slot), gloves (2% first slot, then 1% succeeding), or rings (force absorb, life absorb, or extortion).

Now check 'c' again, this time the Hp Absorb Limit up (and mp too, same reason as above). That's your 'Max HP Steal per hit +x' which you may get from, as above, rune, pet, gloves. Additionally, you get 1 for every 10 levels (so at max level 180, you get 18 bonus hp steal per hit), and from vampiric and Drosnin's earrings. However you source this stat (but the best is from earrings, I think) you are bound to get a certain number from 0 to about 100++. Say, a level 180 has 2x Vamp Earrs+7, that's 108 (do the math). You may choose to increase this with any of those sources (rune, pet, gloves, accessories).

And finally, yeah, your damage matters. If you're, say, hitting 2000 for a particular single skill/hit, and you have 'hp steal 2% of the total damage', you will recover 40 hp per skill/hit. If you have 3%, that's just 60. You are not really maximizing your potential 108 recovery per hit. So what you can do is either increase your % and/or damage. But you will only recover 108 (see example above) at most. Now if you are hitting 4k already, at 3%, you are supposed to recover 120 hp. But capped at 108, as you can see, it's useless to have so much % if your absorb limit is set below your potential. You will necessarily have to increase 'Max HP Steal per hit +' so you'd recover fully your 'hp steal % of the damage'.

Davynelord
10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
hmm...maybe we should make another new guide....not sure if NA ever had a guide for HP Steal....I learned everything I know about it from personal experience and from an EU guide myself.

Pyeinthesky
10-15-2011, 11:02 PM
And finally, yeah, your damage matters. If you're, say, hitting 2000 for a particular single skill/hit, and you have 'hp steal 2% of the total damage', you will recover 40 hp per skill/hit. If you have 3%, that's just 60. You are not really maximizing your potential 108 recovery per hit. So what you can do is either increase your % and/or damage. But you will only recover 108 (see example above) at most. Now if you are hitting 4k already, at 3%, you are supposed to recover 120 hp. But capped at 108, as you can see, it's useless to have so much % if your absorb limit is set below your potential. You will necessarily have to increase 'Max HP Steal per hit +' so you'd recover fully your 'hp steal % of the damage'.

This is the part that I don't understand fully (which it's probably a stupid obvious answer, but I'll ask the question anyway.)

Say a person is lvl100, and has 5% HP drain and +20 hp drain max (for a total of 30 HP drained per hit max.)
Is the damage that is used in the equation based on each hit in a skill (3 hits of 1000 = 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp) or is it based on total damage caused per skill? (in this case the 3 hits of that skill would cause a total of 3000 damage, but only draining a total of 30hp/150hp)

Like I said, kind of silly question but an important one I have yet to find a definitive answer on anywhere. :D

Andrea
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
My explanation above pertains to single hit skill to simplify.

But in your case, for a multiple-hit skill:

Say a person is lvl100, and has 5% HP drain and +20 hp drain max (for a total of 30 HP drained per hit max.)

Is the damage that is used in the equation based on each hit in a skill (3 hits of 1000 = 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp + 30hp/50hp)
or
is it based on total damage caused per skill? (in this case the 3 hits of that skill would cause a total of 3000 damage, but only draining a total of 30hp/150hp)

yeah, each hit, hence the first.

If you had Max HP Steal per hit +50, you would recover the 150hp at the end of the skill cast (and 3 hits). But for a single-hit skill of 3k dmg, that stat is just a third of what you'd get (what you need is 150).

Santiles
10-24-2011, 05:23 AM
U can't absorb too much hp , why? because u can absorb 100% from 0 damge u make so only get Rune Absobrs both hp more than enough
Get in ur gloves,boots,suit,5%amp (min requeried for a regular player) if u get slotted gloves put into attack (M.attack for magic), boots slooted Hp and also suit HP, dont waste ur time with hp absorb or max critical gloves amp and attack simple as that my friend

Andrea
10-24-2011, 07:23 AM
slotted gloves put into attack (M.attack for magic)

well good luck with that

Macboy313
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
U can't absorb too much hp , why? because u can absorb 100% from 0 damge u make so only get Rune Absobrs both hp more than enough
Get in ur gloves,boots,suit,5%amp (min requeried for a regular player) if u get slotted gloves put into attack (M.attack for magic), boots slooted Hp and also suit HP, dont waste ur time with hp absorb or max critical gloves amp and attack simple as that my friend
Bro ur an FS now get the F88K outa here with ur awesome def.

cerverus3
10-24-2011, 12:57 PM
u need 3-5% hp absorb thats all get Vamp ammy +3 and vamp earing+X depending of u honor

xRaginx
10-24-2011, 01:49 PM
hp steal in gloves > attack in gloves...nuff said

Andrea
10-24-2011, 03:34 PM
u need 3-5% hp absorb thats all get Vamp ammy +3 and vamp earing+X depending of u honor

u will even have to eventually discard that...drosnin or higher vamp earrs will do, and rune too.

That's your 'Max HP Steal per hit +x' which you may get from, as above, rune, pet, gloves. Additionally, you get 1 for every 10 levels (so at max level 180, you get 18 bonus hp steal per hit), and from vampiric and Drosnin's earrings. However you source this stat (but the best is from earrings, I think)

correction, u won't get that stat from gloves. Helm and boots yeah but not gloves. But ideally u want hp and db with amps in ur boots and helm, respectively.