PDA

View Full Version : dual damage or dmg+amp?

Hartless
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
ok so right now I use 2 +9 20% crit damage forcy kats,

would I deal better damage with 1 amp? or should i stay with dmg

also, this setup leaves me with very little rate even with kred.

should I get a +8% rate craft helm or stick with dmg there as well,

50% rate is nice, but im already lacking on crit damage on account of the non-craft blades

cadacus_ater
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Define lacking in crit damage? You should be able to get around 140 cdi if you get a pc dmg helm, kred, and 2 cr+2, which isn't bad at all with the base attack from forcium helping you out. (EDIT: amulet of pain helps toward that cdi too)

I personally have 40 rate without rate in helm or weapons thanks to my pet, rings and kred. Really bladers don't need much more than 40 rate, and going past 45 is a little overkill imo unless you can do it without sacrificing other stats.

The main reason you would get an amp weapon is for bm2 dps. Otherwise 2 +9 20 dmg forcy kats should be fine. If you want more dps in bm2 and desire to keep your crit damage higher than with pure amp weapons, consider going for 5-7 amp craft slotted forcium weapons.

Hartless
08-17-2011, 08:33 PM
between my kred, 5% helm, and non-craft weapons I have around 38 rate.

43 in my pvp setup,
35 in my pve since i swap out my kred for a bike. and use a forcy dual slot helm

damage however i think I have about 100. But fat lot of good that does me when i rarely crit.

cadacus_ater
08-18-2011, 05:24 AM
I'm guessing you have a merg and rol+1 for rate rings. Ideally you should look for a pet that gives you more rate and a rol+2. Try to get some crit ring +2 to boost your cdi if you can. If you want more cdi with your helm but want rate in it, you could try to get a potential 7 rate/34 cdi (or 7/40 if you have money to burn) helm and extend it. Yet another option is to get a 5-8 rate craft slotted forcium, if you can find one, and get a pc damage helm; this will boost your cdi a little bit but it can be a pain if the weapon isn't already upgraded to get it to +9. These options are expensive though.

If you are hurting for money, you could go ahead and get an 8 rate osmium or better helm (2 slot of course) to help your rate, but you'll lose a potential source of crit damage.