PDA

View Full Version : Tier 2 fa weapons help

Ravenwolf
08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I recently started playing my merc fa again and I'm farming t2 with a few friends and needed some advice on weapons. I've heard sig +9 or higher 20 dmg in that war is good, also heard 27 dmg topaz, 30 dmg lapis, and 40 dmg pherry. I don't have a very big budget but any combination of the ones I listed I could afford. I do have a 40 dmg pherry already only +7 at the moment working on getting it higher. What would be a decent orb to pair with it? Also, if I can't get merg, should I use 3 rol1's? without the 3rd my rate is only 32 and I don't see myself grabbing a 7/40 weapon/helm anytime soon. I don't have the char bound rol2.

3osanka
08-20-2011, 11:01 PM
siggy 40dmg or 7/20+15

jone
08-20-2011, 11:51 PM
siggy 40dmg or 7/20+15

Unless it's a 20% CD SIG (no attributes - simply 2 slotted), the level restrictions on SIG will not allow him to equip it on a T2 character.

Ravenwolf
08-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Her. and again, out of the weapons I listed. Unless you have another weapon in mind that is reasonably priced.

30 dmg lapis
27 dmg topaz
20 dmg sig

all +9, paired with a +9 40 dmg pherry. which would be better to use, I've been told sig to make up for the base m.att that i'm losing by using the pherry.

ForumHavoc
08-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Get leg, bm1, aura. gogoogoogog

Ravenwolf
08-21-2011, 11:10 AM
I can see I'll be getting no actual help here. If you read it you would know that I'm only between 80-109 meaning I cannot combo in bm1, let alone bm1/aura. Leg, obviously try to get it as often as you can but when you're being farmed? Having decent weapons would be nice. If you're going to give me an answer that won't help me at all. Please, don't bother.

ForumHavoc
08-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Cause the extra boost doesn't help, ok. You can use crap weps, they will just be filler, Just get a dam leg and hold onto it. Use ur garbage phery untill you get a leg in war, aduhuhrurhruhrurrrr. bm1 aura for the tankness aduhuhuhurr

and id use the crappy sig 2 slot or cheap as I love youpoop des crafted topaz. Dont waste alz on a poop tier, just get crappy weps with good base and decent cd.

Raikyrios
08-21-2011, 01:49 PM
But bm1 without combo = knockdown heaven o.o

Ravenwolf
08-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Exactly but seeing as though he still apparently doesn't realize that he's no help to me at all. Also, when you're being farmed, and seeing as though you don't realize that you can't combo in bm1 let alone bm1+aura at 109, when you're farmed you usually are jumped by the other nation, getting a leg would be difficult and I've heard t2 procs I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ but I'm not leveling up until I'm at least hr12/13.

@Exal What weapons do you use? I think Mandy was going to ask you your opinion on this for me as well but I haven't talked to her on msn in a bit o.o

Raikyrios
08-21-2011, 08:18 PM
40 cd phery xtal(+9) from old weod and 40 cd lapis orb (+10). It's pretty good xD well decent enough for t2 war anyway

Ravenwolf
08-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Lol okay, yeah i have a 40 dmg pherry orb only +7 at the moment, because my plussing skills are about as lucky as a blind man walking across the street in nyc without a dog.

Raikyrios
08-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Haha well, I think thats like 90% of cabal players o.o the other 10% are the lucky ones >.>

Ravenwolf
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Haha yeah, most of the people i've meant are better at plussing, I spent 400m on a 2 slot forcy orb and spent over that trying to +9 it, highest it was, was +8 and after that it just kept failing, it's +6 now. i'm just like ffs I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ this. -_- So to rephrase I'm as lucky as a blind man doing back tucks in the middle of the streets of nyc without a watch dog.

ipawn2
08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
topaz crystal 8/40 + 15

MamaMiaYoe
08-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I recently started playing my merc fa again and I'm farming t2 with a few friends and needed some advice on weapons. I've heard sig +9 or higher 20 dmg in that war is good, also heard 27 dmg topaz, 30 dmg lapis, and 40 dmg pherry. I don't have a very big budget but any combination of the ones I listed I could afford. I do have a 40 dmg pherry already only +7 at the moment working on getting it higher. What would be a decent orb to pair with it? Also, if I can't get merg, should I use 3 rol1's? without the 3rd my rate is only 32 and I don't see myself grabbing a 7/40 weapon/helm anytime soon. I don't have the char bound rol2.

Uhm 20 damage SIG yep. If youre serious about that FA, I can give you a "quite expensive but worth it" option for scoring more.
You would wanna grab a topaz orb of outrageous 20% crit dmg/7% magic amp (550-600m Mercury server price, dunno in venus). That topaz will serve as your magic base lifter, and that being said it should be upgraded to +11 or higher. These orbs are usually character binding, but you dont have to worry because they are very good endgame weapons. This topaz can stick with you til lvl180:)

Leave the other weapon as something that can be tradable and not very expensive to extend , a perfect craft "Pherystine of fatal" weapon - 40% crit dmg - uhm so since you have it, just upgrade it to +11. This is going to be your temporary weapon as you farm your tier and SHOULD be replaced by a higher base lifter or perfect STAT (2 slot) forcium or sig +11 up at your later levels.

The mergahephs ring is also a priority. The ring should be set along with x3 crit rings/ros. You rate will go down to the 30% range, but always remember the additional 20% rate from aura + your crit shot wont fail you from critting.

Ive used multi shooter IN and OUT of combo. Honestly in my opinion, being in combo mode is not safe sometimes (YES EVEN FOR PVP), nation war is a good example of its dangers in pvp. Such as AMBUSHED/RAID situations where opponents appear at all direction. The process of canceling your combo mode + the process of you getting knocked afterwards will cost you too much time thus too much amount of hp's being lost whereas the worse case you can deal with just supporting your allies damage while youre out of combo is just get knocked down, you can just stand up and retreat less hp taken out, more chance to survive. I hope that made sense LOL.

Your DAMAGE is what youre gunna need in war, you dont have to worry about rate - you have aura - well unless youre broke and you cant afford to buy sp packs.
if you decide to try bm1, always stay in maximum range and never use crit shot, if you ever get those weapons I suggest you to get, youre gunna love multi shooter ;) ermm hope that helps, good luck with your FA.

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
09-04-2011, 09:03 AM
so in t2 haveing 55+ rate is not a necesaty?

also at 1xx crit shot is consirerably weaker then my lances.

Ravenwolf
09-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks so much :) I'll look into getting that topaz orb, I haven't seen one around but haven't really been looking. I got a 2 slot sig orb as a drop so I've been using that with my 40 dmg pherry. this char will probably be t2 forever, I already have a 14x fa that I've been leveling. The topaz orb with the pherry or the sig? And should I upgrade my gear or weapons first? I have s.tit +9 boots/gloves was planning on getting 1-2 slot tg 7% amp.

MamaMiaYoe
09-16-2011, 07:31 AM
-replace the S.tit pieces with TG 7% Amp for more hp
-use Phery 40% over Sig 20% with Topaz 20/7
-gear and weapon works 50/50 in war,
How can I explain....hmmmm

my forcium build FA can endure damage because my set are upgraded +10 up - and that is when Im in battle mode/aura. My weapons however are not stable, I use a +15 2 slotted sig metal orb 20% damage (its slightly equivalent to a +10 forcium 20% ) and +11 Topaz orb of Outragous 20/7 and you know what? I can only make good use of them when Im in bm2 (dps'ing guardians in normal attack), other than that its too expensive and not worth it getting their max damage because I will have to use sp packs to go bm/aura all the time and keep up with the decent damage range to score fast.

You dont have to go through that with topaz 20/7 / 40% phery. If you die - lose your legacy weapon, youd deal better damage with the 40% phery / 20/7 topaz than the 40 pherry / 20% sig until you get a leg weapon back. The topaz just really have to be upgraded higher to +11

xDromarx
09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Why did you +15 a 20% sig orb?

BBarry
09-16-2011, 07:59 AM
/facepalm

MamaMiaYoe
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Why did you +15 a 20% sig orb?

So that I can stop annoying Han by borrowing his glowing forcium orb, glowin sig bow made me look unique than any other FA. The first time I saw the pic of a +15 version of the sig orb I knew I had to get it. Because I want my FA to be carrying it, it looks nice on Miavii and I got alot of comments that the bow had a very sexy glow indeed and that really made me happy. Im more focused on looking pretty unique and different than strong and perfectly geared, I can control my FA well anyway to be worrying about gears. I did crazy things, even soloed a pluma after the day I got that orb. Oh youre probably wondering how much I spent for the safe guard? I bought four but was only able to use three on my orb and get my helm to +12.

xDromarx
09-16-2011, 08:26 AM
So that I can stop annoying Han by borrowing his glowing forcium orb, glowin sig bow made me look unique than any other FA. The first time I saw the pic of a +15 version of the sig orb I knew I had to get it. Because I want my FA to be carrying it, it looks nice on Miavii and I got alot of comments that the bow had a very sexy glow indeed and that really made me happy. Im more focused on looking pretty unique and different than strong and perfectly geared, I can control my FA well anyway to be worrying about gears. I did crazy things, even soloed a pluma after the day I got that orb. Oh youre probably wondering how much I spent for the safe guard? I bought four but was only able to use three on my orb and get my helm to +12.
No, what I was wondering was why you wasted safeguards on an item that's worthless, but your response summed it up for me: you can't afford anything in game yourself if Han doesn't buy it for you.

MamaMiaYoe
09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Uhm like I said. I can control my FA well enough to even bring your FS down in a pk fight because Im obviously more skilled than you. Dont need epic gears. >.>

He never bought anything for me. well he gave me a +6 rw3 as a xmas gift though and I still have it, its +11 now. xD

xDromarx
09-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Uhm like I said. I can control my FA well enough to even bring your FS down in a pk fight because Im obviously more skilled than you. Dont need epic gears. >.>

He never bought anything for me. well he gave me a +6 rw3 as a xmas gift though and I still have it, its +11 now. xD

Nope.

MamaMiaYoe
09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Nope.
Oh yeah. Wanna try? come visit me to merc lets have a Dromar vs Miavii freestyle match. I'll even fraps it for you in HD quality. xD

Ravenwolf
09-16-2011, 08:49 AM
^ That I want to see.

Thanks for your help :) I'm looking into finding a 7/20 topaz, the only ones I can find lately though are 7/10 :/ One's gotta turn up sooner or later though lol. Would it be worth it to use a crystal if I find one or orb only? I know the magic attack is only a few difference.

xDromarx
09-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah. Wanna try? come visit me to merc lets have a Dromar vs Miavii freestyle match. I'll even fraps it for you in HD quality. xD

I quit months ago?

MamaMiaYoe
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
^ That I want to see.

Thanks for your help :) I'm looking into finding a 7/20 topaz, the only ones I can find lately though are 7/10 :/ One's gotta turn up sooner or later though lol. Would it be worth it to use a crystal if I find one or orb only? I know the magic attack is only a few difference.

orb>crystal

BBarry
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I quit months ago?

I saw you in the game a day or two ago, that wasn't you?

Ravenwolf
09-16-2011, 09:48 AM
orb>crystal

I know Orb>crystal but if it gets to the point where it goes a while where no orb shows up but crystals do, is it worth getting a crystal or just stick with my sig/pherry till one comes along?

xDromarx
09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I saw you in the game a day or two ago, that wasn't you?

No, I haven't played for at least a month.

jone
09-17-2011, 06:48 AM
I know Orb>crystal but if it gets to the point where it goes a while where no orb shows up but crystals do, is it worth getting a crystal or just stick with my sig/pherry till one comes along?

Each crystal has 3 less magic than an orb.
If you use 2 crystals, that's a potential 6 magic attack lost - roughly 1 upgrade.
I honestly wouldn't bother though as 6 magic really isn't all that much (also crystals are generally cheaper)

MamaMiaYoe
09-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah it isnt that much. Get what you can afford, just know that Orbs>Crystals

Ravenwolf
09-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Alright, that makes it a little bit easier for finding one. I'll work on +10 at least for my pherry 40 dmg, and then try and get a 7/20 topaz. Thanks so much everyone :D