PDA

View Full Version : T1 Procyons Losing Streak >_<

xFaLL3NxAng3L
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Come on guys you can do better than that . . . .
Lost 6 times in a row . . . . -_-'

jone
08-29-2011, 10:42 PM
Be more optimistic.
You will get a handicap for the next 6 wars :D

Flappi
08-30-2011, 12:25 PM
1)Lol, what is "handicap"?
-War starts off 11 Procs(with a 15% handicap) vs. 9 Caps and as the war progresses, it becomes 9vs9 or 7vs9.
2)It's practically me vs. XX other good caps (MAGMA, Yalan, Moody, and some wizards/fa I don't know the ign of).
-Occasionally there will be some good procs but it'll just be 1 or 2.
3)Half the procs don't know what to do.
-Although it's T1, they should know how to build guards after taking a point.
-90% of the FBs don't know what bind is.

LILCHAOLAO
08-30-2011, 06:28 PM
I should put an FB in there. o.o

SilentM
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
-War starts off 11 Procs(with a 15% handicap) vs. 9 Caps and as the war progresses, it becomes 9vs9 or 7vs9.
2)It's practically me vs. XX other good caps (MAGMA, Yalan, Moody, and some wizards/fa I don't know the ign of).

It's TIER 1. From my experience in Tier 1, there are a LOT of new people that don't know anything about war. Why should they know when they're completely new? The people who can actually help them or teach them are too busy fighting off "roided" out characters on the opposite side.
Funded farmers make it unfair to anyone that isn't also funded by a main. War is called and noobs are killed in a few hits. How are they supposed to learn anything about war like that? Tier 1 is a little better in that it doesn't get called the first few minutes like Tier2, but pretty much every low tier has become a sad excuse for war.
I miss the days when there was an actual WAR between two nations, not a 20 minute slaughter fest only enjoyed by a select few.

Flappi
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM
80% of the people didn't know how to war when the 100vs100 was still around. Isn't that also a slaughter fest since lvl 95s could go? I was 130ish when the real wars were around and didn't know a single thing about it, i'm sure I was few shot material (if that makes sense).

All in all, idc about losing or winning, it's all about the fun.

Valdoroth
08-31-2011, 07:43 AM
It's TIER 1. From my experience in Tier 1, there are a LOT of new people that don't know anything about war. Why should they know when they're completely new? The people who can actually help them or teach them are too busy fighting off "roided" out characters on the opposite side.
Funded farmers make it unfair to anyone that isn't also funded by a main. War is called and noobs are killed in a few hits. How are they supposed to learn anything about war like that? Tier 1 is a little better in that it doesn't get called the first few minutes like Tier2, but pretty much every low tier has become a sad excuse for war.
I miss the days when there was an actual WAR between two nations, not a 20 minute slaughter fest only enjoyed by a select few.
+1. Firstly, it's T1. Don't take it seriously. T4 and 5 is when you take it more seriously.

80% of the people didn't know how to war when the 100vs100 was still around. Isn't that also a slaughter fest since lvl 95s could go? I was 130ish when the real wars were around and didn't know a single thing about it, i'm sure I was few shot material (if that makes sense).

+1 I agree it's all about the thrill of a close war. Landslides are no fun.

SilentM
08-31-2011, 02:58 PM

Yeah, exactly why they split the tiers up into 3 tiers. Once they did, that's when I started warring and farmed the original T1. We used to have stalemates at either w9 or e3, and whoever took center first won. At least back then, points were awarded for building with points, and as far as I know, people didn't have funded alts to skew the game in one direction or another yet. Global didn't even exist, meaning no merge and more English speakers, and people actually tried to learn how to play. They actually listened to someone who stepped up to the plate and said alright team this is the plan.

Of course the game is lightyears away from that now, and if you want an actual war you're probably better off in T5 (Val, T4 is just like the lower tiers now, a bunch of noobs in procs while caps have all the farmers). The point is, at some point, nation war was a place where people wanted to not just win (winners got more wexp), but actually tried to work together to do so (not all the time but at least more than now). I've never seen so much gate farming and soloist mentality in all my "years" of warring and it's sad to me.

Oh and Val I don't take T1 seriously at all. Just like everyone else, I just do my own thing and try to have fun. It's hard though when the war is so skewed. I have decent gear, but no, there has to be some Dbag with ridiculous gear in T1 that can solo every big base and take it faster than a group of people. That is both sad and selfish. There's no need to be a monster in T1. It's supposed to be for fun and supposed to be so noobs can get a taste of war.

Valdoroth
09-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Ah thanks Coco for the note about t4. It's been literally a year since I've been in that teir with my FB, and with my FS i just go for wexp to get better gears (slow but technically next to free. I got a pc 1 slot sg amp boot). I will miss you in war /sadface. I came to Merc for a couple reasons, one being T5 war. And Seiretei is a good guild actually. I really like how the actually have a structure and the members follow it. It's why they're so successful. Thay actually care about the guild alot. Perhaps you should come over too ^_^.

People in Merc can complain about Procs always having the war bonus because of Seiretei pretty much leading the wars, but that's not so much the factor as is that they work together closely. They have people that are the leaders that they follow. They work as a team (I keep saying they and not us is because I can't war on this deployment since my connection is to slow).
As you and a couple people and myself have pointed out several times, to win a war, you have to listen to someone who knows what they're doing.
Are they always the top scorers? No. It's the people who have played for a longer time (which often score high since they have had the time to get good gears)
Don't know? Ask!

If you want to win war, you either have to listen to or step up as a leader. You can't have 10 people all shouting different directions. Coordinate. Group together when you get straggled. You can't win a war solo. WI should spam SI to party members when not in direct combat ( and if limited on Wi, they shouldn't always remain in 1 party, and definitely not 2 in the same party)
Sure I don't score high in war typically, but there are reasons for that (*cough* spending all my alz on crafting not gears *cough* *cough*), but I've been around for 3 years 5 months and been warring for 3 years. I'm not an expert know it all, but I know directions and focuses to win.

Here's a couple of suggestions:
-- If you typically war at the same times everyday with the same people (roughly) be consistant with your parties. Add a bud group to add those people to so you can keep track of them. Knowing your party can help alot with strategies.
-- Don't use the same war plan every war. Mix it up, but don't neglect what your opponents did either.
-- Stay together. People say this class is OP, or no that one is, but their main problem is that they face them 1v1. Don't 1v1.
-- Communication. Stay tuned to what' going on, where you enemies are, and what your nation's main focus is.
-- A good defense is a good offense. This actually applies very well in war. Sure they have all the legs, but you should take them back. Don't let them recover HP when they have a leg. be like ants overwhelming a spider. Sure the spider kills a dozen ants, but eventually the ants win.
-- Don't get mad. Stay cool. Firstly, it's a game. Secondly, in real combat in the real world you perform better when calm than angry or pissed off. It also applies to games believe it or not.
-- Have fun. Don't worry about the win or lose. The only war to worry that about is the Nation Bonus War, and that's only once a week.

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
09-04-2011, 11:11 AM
all this is true funded characters are very unfair.

xXTheLynxXx
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM

Good thing I am making a Tier 1 guy. BUHAHA should be fun =D we wont lose when i do