PDA

View Full Version : Full Forcy Amp for Wizard!

Hilal
09-20-2011, 04:39 AM
Wizards has low defense. Most players have to get pve set (forcy) and another pvp set and switch between them.
Okay, what if a wiz (or any other class actually) reached lvl 7 in basic craft and has the Magic master potion formula card.
He can of course craft potions that give 10 mamp which have high success rate btw and last for 180 secs (hopefully for 5mins after the coming update as said).
After the last update we began to c forcy items with 3~4 amp with slots.
Suppose i bought forcy suit, boots and gloves all with 4 mamp and buffed my self with mamp potions, then i'll have 22 mamp from all my set while the actual forcy set gives me 21 mamp. Isn't this better than full forcy amp and through extremely cheap prices?
Consider this but don't spread it cause i want to buy my 4 mamp forcy armor at cheap prices.

jone
09-20-2011, 05:18 AM
You really have to take into consideration the production costs of those potions.
Not only is it quite costly to get your basic crafting up to level 7, but you will also need a potion activated every 3 minutes of game play time

zhuai
09-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Consider this but don't spread it cause i want to buy my 4 mamp forcy armor at cheap prices.

You should not post this here if you are so secretive :)

I think this is viable option if you have the money to support this. I used to pick up bot trash and made this myself for free but not anymore.

With the hp armor update it is easier to survive for wizard. I think it will be better if you invest on stronger vampiric (pc amp stit gloves with hp absorbs and ve6) so that you can take off all lar3 or extort brac to go full amp/crit accessory. I survived with stit slotted amp gloves/shoes with only 2% absorb (from pet) pre hp update and so can you.

Hilal
09-20-2011, 08:57 AM
You should not post this here if you are so secretive :)
You really thought i'm secretive? If so then i'm then the foolest man ever to put my dearest secret in public that way.
However, the matter here is not just about surviving, it's about surviving and keeping ur pews pews good too. There're multiple options for wizzies to keep their asses alive, but they're still short on playing the role of a sub-tank that deal good dmg as much as they would do if equipped with pvp gear.

ankoun2232
09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
7 amp onall pieces or go home

youll be hitting for -1000

40 amp and up for decnet amount of base damage

whitetrash
09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Man that's alot if pots..............................

zhuai
09-20-2011, 01:26 PM
There're multiple options for wizzies to keep their asses alive, but they're still short on playing the role of a sub-tank that deal good dmg as much as they would do if equipped with pvp gear.

I am not sure what you are trying to say.. but I am under impression you are trying to apply this idea of yours in pve since in war everyone uses free potion and in pk/pvp other people can use the potions as well. I was trying to say that in pve you can survive even with with stit pc amp as long as you setup appropriate vampire. Does it not fit your idea of surviving and keeping your attack good?

I think good vampiric investment is real and reliable unlike running out of pots and bothering to craft every so often.

If you indeed were trying to apply this for pk/pvp.. I say good luck to you. The amount of defense (unless you + your forcium gear immensely) is irrelevant because by nature we just cannot survive much heavy attacks (low hp overall). Id still stick with full amp gear with acceptable defense (700-800 def) and attacking targets with skill and strategy.

Osaka
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Like Zhuai said, the recent HP update has helped wiz a lot in terms of tanking in both PvE and PvP. In PvE, whether it's in dungeons or PI, you should be in BM2 most of the time, and it's the vamp that will save you instead of your defense. A PvE set sure helps you tank a bit, but you lose too much damage output. But if you wear a good PvP set with proper amount of vamp, you'll hit harder and will natural vamp more, and you'll also kill faster. Just make sure you don't get 1shot by mobs, and if you're in BM2, that shouldn't happen often at all.

If you're complaining about a wiz's low defense in PvP, I honestly recommend you to not do standup PvP. Wiz is probably the worst class in standup PvP because it takes out a wizard's specialty in movement. Also, wizards lack a huge finisher (SC I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s balls even at 20), and let's be honest, PvP is ALL ABOUT your crits and your finisher. You rarely see wizards doing standups, whereas all FSes love it. And at the end of the PvP? It's either "OMGQQNOCRITSSS!" or "LOL2SHOTNOOB" + immediately starts dancing*

Your idea is a good idea, but it's impractical and cannot be realized unless you got a couple billions sitting there. Getting to level 7 would already cost you a couple billions, and amp pots aren't as cheap and easy to make as you imagined it, or else everybody would be spamming them.

Bottomline is, wizard is a PvE class, and its BM2 kicks so much ass in that it does so much damage and gives SOOO much vamp. Buy some vamp earrings 5/6 and go spam some AOS2 and IC2 instead of daydreaming about your little "secret shortcut". Or, just bust out your wallet and spend a couple thousand dollars buying vouchers. Then BAM, you got full forcium 7amp and you're instantly a pro. There's your shortcut!

Hilal
09-22-2011, 05:23 AM
@Osaka and zhuai
Bottom line, the idea is then bad and we can have other alternatives for achieving the goal.
But there r things i have to say here:
First, the idea came to me when I had and wanted to run ft2 without having the gear i look forward to.
Second, I'm already lvl 8 in crafting and can craft the magic master potions of lvl 7. But i'm telling you that getting to that lvl costed me about 900m only more or less (huge amount still) and crafting magic master potions has much better success rate than i thought and beyond my imagination (from 30 attempts i get 3~5 fails only).
I'm not saying this solution is an alternative for getting full gear with the whole 7amp (which we'll agree they're the best). It's just another way for gearing wizards that there might be other players find it as the better and economic solution considering current and certain situation.
But i feel bad that it's a bad idea.

Osaka
09-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Hmm since you're already at this level, it's plausible to give it a try. But I don't think most people would recommend it. Though I don't know exactly how much it costs to craft those amp pots, and even if it's fairly cheap (2-3mil for a 7stack, or however many per stack), you'll be spamming those pots so much that the toll should catch up to you pretty quick and you'll find yourself in a rather weird spot. And like we discussed before, better attack > better defense because wiz does so much damage and has so much vamp in bm2. In full forcium amp, sure you'll tank pretty good, and your damage won't be bad either with the amp pot. But if you're in osm/mystic will all 7amps, you'll be hitting so hard with your amp pot that as long as you don't get 1shot, you'll never die, and your party will love you because you hit so hard and you can also provide them with amp pots.

Wizards have bad defense, but if we get proper vamp and properly position ourselves during a fight (like a long-ranged bm2 for leth tyrant), defense should not be a problem at all. And if you're worried about tricky spots like the electric hallway or the poisoned hallway, just go bm2+aura when you get there.

Congrats on the crafting though!

xChaosForte
09-22-2011, 07:50 AM
You really thought i'm secretive? If so then i'm then the foolest man ever to put my dearest secret in public that way.
However, the matter here is not just about surviving, it's about surviving and keeping ur pews pews good too. There're multiple options for wizzies to keep their asses alive, but they're still short on playing the role of a sub-tank that deal good dmg as much as they would do if equipped with pvp gear.

if you are really good with the wizzies mobility (like blink dash, even in combo) in which u can avoid damage,hit-and-run etc. then sure concentrate on firepower more than defense,of course this is talking war.

as for pve yah use alot of vamp,pots can fill damage in (if u can afford it) for wizzies its kinda just finding the happy-medium i guess

ROFLwiz
09-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Personally i'm pretty happy with my def at 820ish and that's even with a tit helm and full 7 amp gear . guess it kinda helps i have a maxed def rune and a 35def drosnin but besides that not horribly hard to get over 800 def with full amp. saying this i still have a forci suit +8 for some extra def for running past mobs in ft2. since every mob in that dung hits 800-1200. And as for vamp i use a ve6 and my drosnin has 10 hpsteal to, and i use a vamp ammy +5 for extra vamp when needed. And this seems to work perfect saying i usually only use 1-2 odds a ft2 run and constantly pull boss aggro. As for this being said don't sacrifice that much dmg for defense just find a good middle point as Chaos said above.

Kuja
09-23-2011, 11:37 PM
such a huge waste of money for those amp pots...eventually the price of all those will catch up to u and u'll still be left with crappy 4% amp gear for when u dont have more amp pots or finally give up wasting money of them. as for vamp two vamp earrings and an hp absorb rune should be enough for any dungeon in the game including ft2 and mo so u dont have to sacrifice any dmg or defense for it.

Sprite
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
use will gear > switch it out for amp when u get hit
= gratz you now have pseudo event extended sig

providen1990
10-06-2011, 12:09 PM
As a WI first you need to stop playing standing pvp game with other classes
For war if you play carefully and not get lag, you wont be killed with a 800ish def unless you get rooted, and when u are rooted u probably dead even when u have 1k def. Also remember that when u are a tank WI you will get rooted more often. So in my opinion full amp and ignore def is better.
For Dung full damage is better cuz it help you run faster and with 740ish def and vamp u can run ft2 without dying.
With around 2b2, you can make a 162cd 53cr 1080 matk 49 amp 3k7hp 830ish def WI at lvl 165 with leg imagine that 5-6 of a nation wizzies has that kinda damage then how easy u can win a war.

SantaClaus
10-06-2011, 09:20 PM
no?

BackForMore
10-13-2011, 03:59 AM
i realllllly dont reccomend a forcy set until you need it to grind in pi i would focus on a +9 osm amp set or even mystic if u get the money for it, big thing is that you have good weps to make up for the lost amp when you do use forcy though