PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Severe Lag in Character Selection and Game Play

Angela Carriere
09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Before I post what is happening I want to make 2 things VERY clear:

1. In August of THIS year I played Cabal without ANY problems at all! With settings I have now that I had in August the game played absolutely fine. I did NOT change any settings of any kind on my computer for Cabal, NONE.

2. I have a GeForce FX 5200 NVIDIA graphic card. This card has been doing FINE for me in the years I have played Cabal so I don't want to see ANY posts saying "Oh that card doesn't work" or "That's not good enough" The card IS good enough and it WORKS because I have played Cabal with it!

Alright here's the deal, I played Cabal in August of this year and it played fine as always. I went MIA a bit until September 14th which I saw maintenance was going to happen. I logged in because I had a little time left so I would try to play. Then I see that I cannot move my cursor in Character Selection because there is a severe lag going on. I'm thinking "okay maybe it's just b/c maint. is about to start I'll try tomorrow."

Well tomorrow comes and I STILL cannot move my cursor to choose my character and start the game. I'm talking the game freezes up, the stand of where the character is and the box to choose your characters DISAPPEARS and flickers back into view. I can only move my cursor just a little bit every time the game unfreezes and today I was able to move my cursor enough to start the game, type in my sub password and go into game play.
I get another surprise, the game lags like crazy and I see all kinds of graphics going crazy. I see a force shielder's shield stretched across the screen like an obtuse triangle and I see sections of stretched graphics that should be something like buildings or other things. I don't know what is going on.

As I said the game did FINE in August and since that time I have not, I repeat HAVE NOT changed ANY of my settings since August. As far as what I have tried to solve the problem on my end here's what I've done and what I don't do.

1. Find upgrades. I've tried upgrading my graphic card, network, computer, system, drivers, I've done it and I have them and it hasn't worked.
2. I DON'T run other programs while Cabal is running.
3. I have cleaned my computer system thoroughly and defragged it.
4. Checked files on Cabal
5. (lastly) Uninstalled and Reinstalled Cabal itself.
None of these have worked!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Has anyone else had this problem? Because I find it very strange when I myself have not changed any settings I had for the game in August when it worked fine and now here in September after they've had maintenance runs it doesn't want to work right.
This is very frustrating and I don't know what else to do except wait for answers.

whitetrash
09-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Sounds like either something is eating recourses or the vid card taking a dump

Angela Carriere
09-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Sounds like either something is eating recourses or the vid card taking a dump

I don't know what it could be and my graphic card is still playing fine because I play another high graphic MMORPG game online Perfect World and I just played that yesterday. I still have reason to believe after recent maintenance runs something has happened to Cabal itself that is not meshing well with my computer. I have seen quite a few complaints of login problems from people starting in September since the maintenance at that time.

I guess what my next question would be, if it is my Graphic card what settings are best for me to try now?

SantaClaus
09-20-2011, 07:27 PM
lower graphic ?

Angela Carriere
09-22-2011, 06:37 PM
lower graphic ?

Doesn't work. The graphics are not only blocky and distorted in Cabal Online but they are the same in another game I play online called Perfect World International.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers to my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphic card and that has not worked. Nothing I do works. I'm just on the edge of giving up. Because I don't know what has happened between August and now to make the games I have played for YEARS to start acting up now.

I don't have money to go out and buy a new card, I have very little resources to work with, and I just don't know what else to do. So any suggestions are welcomed.

plzbuffme
09-24-2011, 04:51 PM
did u try turning off multi-sampling in the cabal menu? think that's about the time cabal updated and it had it automatically on multi-sampling