PDA

View Full Version : FS questions

chainlock
05-03-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm new to the game and just want to make sure I understand a few things about FS, mostly the gear. I've searched quite a bit already so I think I know a bit and would mostly like confirmation and any corrections if I'm off.

I don't care about pvp at all right now, so this is for pve.

What I think I should have.
Helm: Highest defense 36% crit damage I can get.
Armor: 7/50 or 7/100 at least osm.
Gloves: 7% amp or 5% hp steal and 2% rate.
Boots: Amp or will.
Sword: Forcium amp or crit damage, doesn't seem to matter?
Crystal: Same as the sword?
Rings: mergahephs, RoL+1/2, CR+2 or RoF+10, force absorb ring.
Amulet: Best vamp I can get.
Bracelets: BoF/BoS depending on sFS or mFS.
Earrings: 2x vamp

Matrimoney
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Thinking about will gear huh? You must be from Mercury. Also, it'll take you a year to get half of the stuff you've listed.

chainlock
05-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Thinking about will gear huh? You must be from Mercury. Also, it'll take you a year to get half of the stuff you've listed.

Good thing I didn't plan on playing for only 2 weeks then eh. It doesn't seem too bad to get stuff here. Sure the top end stuff will take longer, but I think what I've come up with so far will work for a bit if I + it.

I've been playing for 5 days so far and I have +4 7% s.tit gloves/boots, +6 osm 7/50 armor, +4 bluestin 36% helm, +4 s.tit and forcium 7% blades, +5 phery 26% and +5 bluetin 36% crystals, 2 RoL+1, +3 vamp ammy, 2 BoS +3, +3 vamp earring and force regen earrings.

Marth
05-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Lol @ Matri's will comment.
Go amp boots. I'd say go crit dmg blade and crystal but thats just my taste because I like crit dmg more than amp. Your preference though. Just remember, have your weapons better than phery. For a FS phery is horrible because you'll have SUPER low base damage. And uhh don't go mFS, they just aren't that great anymore.

chainlock
05-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Lol @ Matri's will comment.
Go amp boots. I'd say go crit dmg blade and crystal but thats just my taste because I like crit dmg more than amp. Your preference though. Just remember, have your weapons better than phery. For a FS phery is horrible because you'll have SUPER low base damage. And uhh don't go mFS, they just aren't that great anymore.

I'm only 75 atm, so phery and s.tit are the best I can do for now. I've already got the forci amp blade, just have to worry about a crystal for later.

I originally had planned on going sFS, but the cannons and lances were so much stronger at the start that I couldn't resist. The cost effectiveness of a mFS caught hold of me. From what I read it takes really good gear for a sFS to do well, while mFS I have geared decently well already for only around 50m.

From what I've seen mFS do really well, what is wrong with them compared to sFS?

Marth
05-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Ok you're right about two things. Cannons and lances are much stronger in the beginning and the price for constructing a decent mFS is VERY cheap. And another thing you are correct about is that in order to make a great sFS is that you need the right gears which isn't easy to come by. The thing that mFS lack is explosiveness in damage. mFS have consistent damage and the attacks are certainly quicker. But lets say mFS vs sFS and lets say all of the attacks crit, chances are the sFS will win because of shield splinter giving that extra 100% crit dmg. mFS USED to be the best class back when cabal first started but now they are weaker because sFS have mighty wish.

mFS do fairly well in dungeons and pvp because of their DPS.

As for me I guess it's somewhat of a bias for me to favor sFS because I'm not that big of a fan for mFS and I think it's flat out boring just casting cannons and lances. Another reason why I say sFS is better is because there is no mFS out there that has beaten me as of yet, except for sirrazer and everyone in Venus knows the deal with him.

chainlock
05-03-2010, 11:52 PM
Well at this point I don't care for pvp, that will come after leveling. I suppose just spamming the same things over and over gets boring, from what I've seen everyone uses the same 3-6 skills over and over so it doesn't bother me that much. I wouldn't mind having the nice flashy skills instead though.

When I get higher and build up some wealth more than likely I'll try to switch to sFS.

I haven't seen you guys disagree with the gear I'm aiming for, so is that what I need?

Leonhart
05-04-2010, 12:12 AM
I personally prefer AOP/AOB for the amulet, never had the need for more vamp that what I could get in earrings and my pet which wants to be a vampire -.-

I also like AMP in weapons since it helps to balance the class out a little more since we have naturally high CDI with low base.

As for the armor, get 7/50 for now, the 7/100 will be one of the finishing touches for your char.

mFS... honestly that class seems to be dieing out, people who used to play them have mostly quit or switched to sFS. Also when lvling sFS will provide you with better AOE.

WIpwns
05-04-2010, 03:53 AM
Ok you're right about two things. Cannons and lances are much stronger in the beginning and the price for constructing a decent mFS is VERY cheap. And another thing you are correct about is that in order to make a great sFS is that you need the right gears which isn't easy to come by. The thing that mFS lack is explosiveness in damage. mFS have consistent damage and the attacks are certainly quicker. But lets say mFS vs sFS and lets say all of the attacks crit, chances are the sFS will win because of shield splinter giving that extra 100% crit dmg. mFS USED to be the best class back when cabal first started but now they are weaker because sFS have mighty wish.

mFS do fairly well in dungeons and pvp because of their DPS.

As for me I guess it's somewhat of a bias for me to favor sFS because I'm not that big of a fan for mFS and I think it's flat out boring just casting cannons and lances. Another reason why I say sFS is better is because there is no mFS out there that has beaten me as of yet, except for sirrazer and everyone in Venus knows the deal with him.

marth o.o

Tree
05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
And uhh don't go mFS, they just aren't that great anymore.

I still got my mFS because i like to run around & lance stuff :D

Leonhart
05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I still got my mFS because i like to run around & lance stuff :D

I have an FA for that :D

chainlock
05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
How would a forcium crit helm compare to my 36% bluestin? Is it worth the defense boost or should I just save up for an osm with 36% or even a shine guard or SIG 20%?

Remember I only care about PvE.

WIpwns
05-06-2010, 03:18 PM
How would a forcium crit helm compare to my 36% bluestin? Is it worth the defense boost or should I just save up for an osm with 36% or even a shine guard or SIG 20%?

aramid mang or

YoungForum
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM

lol ur definitely Gona need more Than Bluestein to Pve i mean LS/MF/PF would own u so hard lol even Eod would eat u alive....
But osm DB with the best crit u can afford is good mainly pvp. if u dont care abot pvp at all then jus get the best Foricum/Shineguard u can afford...
Pvp SLot Forcy will do the trick.
Shineguard go wit will and vamp for pve.

chainlock
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
EoD is a breeze. I finished it at 85 when I had 200 defense less than I currently do. LS isn't too bad if I do 3-4 at a time, MF i'll find out in another day or 2 if I decide to level more or just keep doing these honor quests.

My only piece of gear that's bluestin is my helmet, +6 osm would only add 30 defense over that. I realize that the highest + forcium will give me the most defense, but I don't want to sacrifice too much kill speed.

YoungForum
05-06-2010, 10:35 PM
EoD is a breeze. I finished it at 85 when I had 200 defense less than I currently do. LS isn't too bad if I do 3-4 at a time, MF i'll find out in another day or 2 if I decide to level more or just keep doing these honor quests.

My only piece of gear that's bluestin is my helmet, +6 osm would only add 30 defense over that. I realize that the highest + forcium will give me the most defense, but I don't want to sacrifice too much kill speed.

Ic wat ur saying well the Best thing would be 2 balance it out then.
Get Osm DB instead of Forcy... Try for 30-36dmg helm... that way u gain alot more def then Bluestein and u Only give up 0-6% dmg. also ull aready have ur pvp helm =)

Leonhart
05-06-2010, 11:58 PM
All my chars pretty much use PVP gear in PVE... Never really ran into any issues.

I only run around in SG/TG to see the cape ._.

Flarius
05-07-2010, 12:07 AM
I only run around in SG/TG to see the cape ._.

Show off.

Leonhart
05-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Show off.

It's PERTY!!!