PDA

View Full Version : Download full client error

KonaKona
09-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Can somebody in estsoft please check the file that is available for download form the main site (full client install)? I am trying a fresh install of cabal after replacing my harddrive. The 1.45gb file has error when trying to uncompress it, always around 90-95% uncompression. I have downloaded this file like 20 times, all with the same result.

sn0wXz
09-26-2011, 01:47 PM
First im going to say i downloaded it myself after the most recent patch, it was fine; however i have experienced the same as you with installer being corrupted after dl. I honestly in my opinion believe its due to the browsers' download managers that are used, and specific privilege settings/operating systems and/or the browsers' dl manager design flaws. I cant say for a fact i know EXACTLY what causes it, but id say the chances of the source being corrupted are probably alot lower then it being the browsers used to download...

I myself when downloading cabal now, use chrome instead of firefox. firefox seems to have issues with over 1gb files. Also i dont use the internet at all during the 8-12 minute download, i honestly believe that also affects the chances of the download being corrupted for some peculiar reason. After just letting the internet idle and switching to chrome for download, my problems with corrupt downloads seem minimal, also i would like to note its generically more susceptible with files over 1gb in size, small files in ~100-800mb range dont give me much problems.

On another thread about failing to download, i believe lorkan or kato linked a download manager which they recommended to use; you could always try something along those lines if switching to chrome and idling internet doesnt work when downloading... (just my personal way of maximizing my chances of avoiding corrupt dl on the setup installer)

KonaKona
09-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I tried the other browsers, same result. Solution? I Googled the file as a torrent file, downloaded using uTorrent, and everything is fine.

sn0wXz
09-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I tried the other browsers, same result. Solution? I Googled the file as a torrent file, downloaded using uTorrent, and everything is fine.

Yea, ive recommended that before but GM was weary of the recommendation as i dont think they are "official" files seeded by EST to start out with, but thats good you got it dl'd. I dont know whats up with the browser dl managers these days, torrentz seems to be the way to go for larger files.