PDA

View Full Version : Game closes immmidiately after hitting start....

LynnLynn
10-02-2011, 12:54 PM
So I load the installer just fine, Open it, hit start... Then it opens for about a fraction of a second. Have tried completely reinstalling it twice. Turned off avast my virus program and my fire wall, even ran as administrator, checked files, and still, nada.

Help?

Sephiroth
10-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, i had even re-downloaded the client and installed/updated.

And the game works randomly, one day it can work...and the next it wont work.

Basically, once i click start on the launcher.. if GameGuard Loads... the game works. If GameGuard doesnt load. Cabal wont start. So basically, one day i click start and the game works fine. Another day i click start and nothing happens.

I updated my GFX card, disabled Antivirus, rebooted PC etc etc...

Nothing =/

We need help >_<

ShadedTear
10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
It's probably something you're running at the time that gameguard doesn't like keeps it from starting.

In my case it happens with Windows Media Player Classic (K-Lite Codec pack ftw) so as long as it's not running I can play Cabal just fine. If it's up first, Cabal won't load period.

So what you could do is close ALL programs from a fresh startup, run Cabal and see if it starts. Then start turning on each program one by one until you find the one that won't let the game start and there's your victim.

Or, keep the game running when it starts and look for the program that crashes when you start it. (WMPC crashes on me when the game's up, that's why I've suggested it)

Umbreon
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
At first mine started then turned into a white screen. Now it's doing the same as this problem. I've yet to figure out the problem and I've disabled everything that's also running[that wasn't mandatory] and still didn't work. I don't have a virus protection or any kinda game guard. :/

RaiKenDo
10-13-2011, 09:48 AM
mann this is also happening to me >.>