PDA

View Full Version : New Player With Force Shielder Questions!

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Dear Force Shielders,

I have already started acquiring some people's opinions on this information, but I wanted to ask the Force Shielders of the game themselves what they thought. I have 3 simple questions, that I wouldn't mind complex answers to if that's what it takes.
1. For PVE content early and end game, are Force Shielders better, equal, or worse MAIN Tanks than Warriors?
2. For PVE content are Force Shielders or Warriors better at AOE killing/tanking?
3. For PVE content are Force Shielders or Warriors better for Boss killing/tanking?
I appreciate any and all help that any of you can give to me. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Rose

plzbuffme
10-09-2011, 10:35 AM
there's something you need to understand about this game.

and that is every class is a tank and every class is aoe.

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 11:11 AM
there's something you need to understand about this game.

and that is every class is a tank and every class is aoe.

Wait a minute... Are you telling me that in end game PVE content (eg: Raids) that there is no actual typical setup of Tanks/Healers/DPS? It's just everyone is DPS/Support? If so that's cool, I've played games like that, but I got the feeling that this game had Tanks/Healers/DPS.

Marth
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
1. In my experience of being a FS they're better tanks.
2. FS has much better AoE and tanking abilities, however WA kills a lot faster.
3. I'd say hands down WA is better for bosses.

xRaginx
10-09-2011, 12:33 PM
hey lets not forget BLs we are fast killers as well

SantaClaus
10-09-2011, 09:51 PM
FS Ezpz

CookieMonster
10-10-2011, 12:04 AM
1. Force Shielders are better tanks than most classes, though many WA in full Forcium are capable of matching their defense, but they lack defensive buffs like Art of Defense (2000 defense), or Shadow Shield (absorb 4000 damage per party member for the whole party).
2. Force Shielders have greater attack range on skills than any other sword class, but amongst the lowest damage, and certainly not as high as warriors.
3. Force Shielders are the worst class to take along on a 2 person dungeon run or solo boss hunting. Warriors have party buffs that enhance the attack of its members as well as debuffs which are great for killing bosses.

Cathy
10-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Dear Force Shielders,

I have already started acquiring some people's opinions on this information, but I wanted to ask the Force Shielders of the game themselves what they thought. I have 3 simple questions, that I wouldn't mind complex answers to if that's what it takes.
1. For PVE content early and end game, are Force Shielders better, equal, or worse MAIN Tanks than Warriors?
2. For PVE content are Force Shielders or Warriors better at AOE killing/tanking?
3. For PVE content are Force Shielders or Warriors better for Boss killing/tanking?
I appreciate any and all help that any of you can give to me. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Rose

Whoever does the most damage will be the person that the boss attacks, so that will be the person who has to tank xP

Generally WA are better than FS in pve, especially in parties.

Hilal
10-10-2011, 05:06 AM
There's sth u should know here about the game. Classes of this game are not 100% role-specific classes. In another words, every class of the six has the ability to tank in it's way. That's because each class has it's way to tank like hp steal, debuffs, heal, defense boost, hp boost, flee and defense rate boost. The core idea (in my opinion) is about who kills fast, who rly pews pews. In a hard dungeon, we might choose a WA instead of an FS not because he has more tanking abilities or not, it's just because he can boost our attack and enables us to finish dungeons faster. I would talk more but i have to leave now. There are much more experienced player (chippo for example) who can tell u more about the mechanism of the game.

plzbuffme
10-10-2011, 07:31 AM
hey lets not forget BLs we are fast killers as well

they're the same thing, only wa has panic/fury/moral shout to help the entire party while bl... has one buff that minisculey enhance crit dmg for a bit.

an ideal speed run party would be 1 wi, 1 fb, and rest wa. panic/fury the entire time, lol.

xDromarx
10-10-2011, 07:50 AM
they're the same thing, only wa has panic/fury/moral shout to help the entire party while bl... has one buff that minisculey enhance crit dmg for a bit.

an ideal speed run party would be 1 wi, 1 fb, and rest wa. panic/fury the entire time, lol.

The ideal speed run would be 1 wi, 1 fb, 2 wa, and the rest bladers who can retarget. They have by far the potentially highest dps in the game and fof and fi, which don't do too much but shouldn't be ignored. This is why this is the potentially highest boss dps party you can have. You don't need more warriors for fury or panic because bosses aren't going to last that long. That means the extra warriors that you suggested as just serving as inferior bladers. You can add in 1 more wiz if you really need the aoe, or 1 fa if you really need heals.

Deathlymonkey
10-10-2011, 07:52 AM
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?190785-Damage-output-per-Class-%28solo-versus-party%29

EU thread

Davynelord
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Dear Force Shielders,

Sincerely,
Rose

1. WA and FS are really close in tanking ability...however, from my experience, FS is better at tanking Multiple enemies while WA is better for tanking single strong enemies such as bosses... FS is more able to control a crowd of enemies than WA can....sure WA can kill faster, but they have no real crowd control abilities, FS has multiple ones...

2. FS is better at AOE in every way compared to WA.....not only are FS AOE's larger but they have farther range and 2 of them have bonus crit damage as well. WA on the other hand has a lot more buffs than Aoe attack skills and all of their attack skills which do any significant damage are pretty slow in and out of combo. When it comes to AOE, FS wins by far.

3. WA kills bosses faster than FS no question....FS really rely on crits to take down high HP targets. WA buffs and debuffs help teams better kill than FS does...FS has DEFENSIVE buffs while WA has OFFENSIVE Buffs. That alone tells you that WA is the offensive juggernaut and FS is the Defensive one.

However, in cabal, there is no clear cut role everyone fits in....there is only certain areas that each class excels at the most but none are confined to one role like most other MMO's. If you want to make a BL a great tank or a WA a great tank, you can do that with the right equipment. What matters the most is how you will play the game...will you solo a lot or team all the time? Will you run with friends or strangers? How strong of enemies are you or your team gonna attack? What quality of gear is yours compared to the others in your team?

These are some things that determine who tanks, how good they can tank and if you need a pure tank at all. The situation changes a lot and so when it comes to predefined roles, the lines are a bit blurred because every class can do just about every role at some point except for healer.