PDA

View Full Version : FA Gear Help

DemonicChaos
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the gear topic but I just wanted to ask a few questions concerning what I should get as an FA.
First of all my price range for my gear is about 3b-3.5b. Although once I sell some more items I should have another 500-1b.

What I had in mind was:

Terragrace Suit 50hp/7Amp
Terragrace Boots 50 or 100hp/ 7Amp
Terragrace Gloves 2%Hp steal/ 7 Amp

Keep in mind all the gear above is character binding but the only thing I'd change it for would be Sig/Forci and thats going to take forever D: .

Accessories: I have Merg, K red, eos6, belt of vital +4, bos +3 slotted.
(Don't have RoL+2 or CR+2 yet)

Runes: All I know so far is HP Rune.

So I still need help with weapons, plus if I should invest in the terragrace or is there something else that would be a better investment.

And...helmet, I have an old 10/24 tit helmet, but I don't think I need the rate seeing I should have 45 rate without it. So 36CD Osm battlehelm perhaps?

Now..down to the orb questions:
I saw a few combinations but I'm no FA expert lol. I'm pvp and pve. I war whenever possible, love pk chan, but I'm also big on dungeons (solo/duo mainly) since I play with a friend. Anywho the following are the combinations I thought of so I decided to just throw them out there.

Almost all of the orbs are +9, I'll get them to +11 ASAP eventually though :D. (hopefully)

+9 Forcium Orb 7% M amp X2

+9 Forcium Orb 7 % M amp & +9 Forcium Orb 20% CD

+9 Forcium Orb 7% M amp & +11 SiGmetal Orb 4% Skill amp, 20%CD

So..that's all I have so far :S. If anyone else has a successful combination or maybe a few tips or opinions on what orbs/gear I should get would be greatly appreciated. And one more question (sorry for the long post) After I sell a few more items I should have enough for a CR2 or EoS7, would the EoS7 be better to get before the cr2? Or is there once again...a better investment at around that price.

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah its going to take forever. My fear is (coz I havent really seen forcium amp FA pieces in the Auction house lately) the prices are going up to 3.5 to 4b a piece, which for me is bullsh3t! Bah just go run ic2 or aos you might get a chance of looting a binding sig/forcium amp.

I will not say no with the terragrace plan but no to the 50 hp suit xD. If you need gear ASAP with 3.5b budget. Yes go get em. Atleast you'll be set with axp/exp grinding - PI and ft2.

As for your accessories. Merg, K-red, Rol +1/+2, Cr's +1/+2, Belt of Damp +4 and Vital, BoS +3/+6/+7, EoS +7 (eos +7 before cr+2 btw) . You really need those.

Runes in order: HP, Party Exp, Defense Rate, Magic Amp, Magic Attack, Int (lv 3), HP steal, Critical Damage, Max Crit rate, Def then MP. You need those.

Weapons and Helmet

Get rid of the titanium helm, The only reason for keeping a Tit helm is if its 7/40. Go with the Osmium 36 dmge. Keep in mind....As FA, you say "no for rate if cdi is not above 30%"

Lastly, go for +9 Forcy 20% cd and 7% amp.

ZetsubouSensei
10-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Y dont u give me the big boi Analysis summRy :(

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Y dont u give me the big boi Analysis summRy :(

coz u always making fun of me!

Engsoc
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok..... I first and formost can't stress this enough weaps b4 gear. Yes go with 1 20forcy and 1 7amp. Don't worry about armor as far as we r concerned osm is fine for now. Pc or not. What she says doesn't apply I was in s.tit for a while and still cud score a max of 301 in NW (t4) as far as dungons r concerned ft2 u will be healing, nothing elce. It shudnt be to hard to survive if u have about 4-5 odds. I cud also solo ic2 uptill the fire boss with 1 s.tit item. (I was 150+ back then) The rest I am sure u can figure out its not hard ..... Just gotta dmg test and think

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
This 160 FA hasnt seen the bigger picture yet. Youre too far behind my dear. :(

ZetsubouSensei
10-20-2011, 11:40 AM
i saw the big picture ever since i was a warrior :)

Cathy
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah its going to take forever. My fear is (coz I havent really seen forcium amp FA pieces in the Auction house lately) the prices are going up to 3.5 to 4b a piece, which for me is bullsh3t! Bah just go run ic2 or aos you might get a chance of looting a binding sig/forcium amp.

I will not say no with the terragrace plan but no to the 50 hp suit xD. If you need gear ASAP with 3.5b budget. Yes go get em. Atleast you'll be set with axp/exp grinding - PI and ft2.

As for your accessories. Merg, K-red, Rol +1/+2, Cr's +1/+2, Belt of Damp +4 and Vital, BoS +3/+6/+7, EoS +7 (eos +7 before cr+2 btw) . You really need those.

Runes in order: HP, Party Exp, Defense Rate, Magic Amp, Magic Attack, Int (lv 3), HP steal, Critical Damage, Max Crit rate, Def then MP. You need those.

Weapons and Helmet

Get rid of the titanium helm, The only reason for keeping a Tit helm is if its 7/40. Go with the Osmium 36 dmge. Keep in mind....As FA, you say "no for rate if cdi is not above 30%"

Lastly, go for +9 Forcy 20% cd and 7% amp.

If you are going to dungeon a lot, you may wanna focus on hp steal rune early on. 2% steal from gloves probably won't be enough to vamp back as much as you can on every hit, but 3~5 should.

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
My most difficult dungeon before the LoD update was ft2, the rest, I could make it with just 1 life absorb rng and vamp earings +5 and I was Martial with 735 defense when I first ran ft2. I was still able to finish it with the same accessories. HP steal rune is just good for pf boss solo.

Engsoc
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Lol I doubt I am missing any bigger picture or am far behind anyone, ask any1 who has faced me they will say otherwize. Let me clear a few things up the reason why I would focus on weaps over armor is because like YoOU said sig/forcy is scarce and ur point of view is merc point of view, u fail to realize venus isn't like merc. If u think forcy items r scarce there ovr here its 10x harder to get .... Atleast you can have a good weapon set up by time a good FA piece drops. Also dear :) take note to a fa who already has 99 percent of her items its ez to point out flaws of other people, but it isn't ez for her to view her own.

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Lol I doubt I am missing any bigger picture or am far behind anyone, ask any1 who has faced me they will say otherwize. Let me clear a few things up the reason why I would focus on weaps over armor is because like YoOU said sig/forcy is scarce and ur point of view is merc point of view, u fail to realize venus isn't like merc. If u think forcy items r scarce there ovr here its 10x harder to get .... Atleast you can have a good weapon set up by time a good FA piece drops. Also dear :) take note to a fa who already has 99 percent of her items its ez to point out flaws of other people, but it isn't ez for her to view her own.

With your lvl (16x) and with that "weapon first before armor" mindset. What else can I expect? You really have to experience more. Level up and go to tier 5 or run MO or do some quadra/rota solo so you can see how far behind you are. Yeah our servers are different, I dont know how well you do with your current stats and equipments so who am I to judge?. But if you are bragging about your accomplishments in the tier 4 level. Then lol thats not the bigger picture, not yet my dear. :)

Engsoc
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I never said it was lol. The point i am trying to get across is that weaps are ezer to achieve on venus than armor is. Would you rather wait (for what could possibly be a LONGG time) for an armor piece or would you buy that forcy orb that you planned on already getting, which someone is already selling? You take a great chance in waiting for armor cause that could take foreverrrrr.

MamaMiaYoe
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
What she says doesn't apply I was in s.tit for a while and still cud score a max of 301 in NW (t4) as far as dungons r concerned ft2 u will be healing, nothing elce. It shudnt be to hard to survive if u have about 4-5 odds. I cud also solo ic2 uptill the fire boss with 1 s.tit item. (I was 150+ back then) The rest I am sure u can figure out its not hard ..... Just gotta dmg test and think

He was asking for insights about his plans for gears. The way I understood your quoted statement above is that youre trying to tell him that S.tit will work givng him an idea to go for s.tit since youre saying it works, NO, youre gunna make his grinding in PI harder. Whats the point? when he can afford to buy TG amp and make it easier. Sure S.Tit is cheap but for the bigger picture, if he can afford TG, then go for it. The stats are much superior compared to S.tit. helps both ways (pve pvp)

OSM/TG whatever he can afford fine, but when s.tit comes in, thats when I stop you and say no I dont think so, thats not a good decision, not anymore with this update. Get rid of S.tit. go osm but not s.tit unless 7/40 helm lol if this guy is from mercury. Its going to be tough going with your advice. Its not even considered decent anymore like it used to >.<

Cathy
10-20-2011, 02:26 PM
My most difficult dungeon before the LoD update was ft2, the rest, I could make it with just 1 life absorb rng and vamp earings +5 and I was Martial with 735 defense when I first ran ft2. I was still able to finish it with the same accessories. HP steal rune is just good for pf boss solo.

Yeah, but if you have an hp steal rune you can get by with no life absorb ring at all, and an extra crit ring is superior dps to amp and magic rune.

SantaClaus
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
santa learns something new everyday

DemonicChaos
10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm from merc. And yeah s.tit I try to stay away from that. But Mia you said no to the 50hp suit, what should I use instead? Pc osm?

ZetsubouSensei
10-20-2011, 03:19 PM
get a suit with no hp durp

Engsoc
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
i was able to make s.tit work given certain conditions generally i wouldn't suggest s.tit for 170+...... no way, i would say osm(pc)/tg untill you can find sig, mavi ur getting the wrong impression that comment was there as an example, i wouldn't suggest it for someone with your budget because back then i didnt have money (lol) and i focused on my weaps more. I was easily able to swap out the s.tit about a month and a half ago after i got my weapons, it fell in line perfectly for me.

DivineWrath
10-20-2011, 06:34 PM
i was able to make s.tit work given certain conditions generally i wouldn't suggest s.tit for 170+...... no way, i would say osm(pc)/tg untill you can find sig, mavi ur getting the wrong impression that comment was there as an example, i wouldn't suggest it for someone with your budget because back then i didnt have money (lol) and i focused on my weaps more. I was easily able to swap out the s.tit about a month and a half ago after i got my weapons, it fell in line perfectly for me.

then why do you still fail so hard?

MamaMiaYoe
10-22-2011, 10:42 AM
^
^
Pls stop bashing one another, youre both FA's in the same server, you guys should be supporting instead.
@Engsoc

Ok if that was a misunderstanding fine. My mistake, my apologies. But please dont give me the wrong impression of having such a high standard with gearing, particularly forcium amp. No its not my motive, as much as I would want all FA's to get their sig/forcy amp, I dont force people to go for it or belittle them if they cant afford it. I wouldn't have my forcium amp gears and still be wearing osm battle gears if it wasnt for the luck that happened in the past. So I completely understand and try to put myself on each and every persons shoes before giving them my own personal advice. And I dont just give guesses, these things i share are from my own experience as an FA. From Martial to Forcium build...Ive been to every build lol... 3 years (since OGP) of playing this game. >.>

Why do I think like this now?

Before the LoD update, "outhealing" a well built mFA/bFA can only be done by those who have really good/epic pc gears. But when the darn friggin safeguards were introduced >.>...more and more people have accomplished this, and ive seen FB's tear FA's (almost my level @ my own tier) like paper these days. So that mindset of having all the damage in the world, get your weapons first, who cares about defense? (or being martial) as long as I have a good 3k+ amount of hp dont apply anymore. T.T

The significance of greater def (most especially def rate) from gears does not only apply for pve (boss solo, dungeon run, grinding) but pvp aswell. You go to tier 5 in my server with s.tit/osm and TG (sorry to say but its a harsh truth) it just takes one effective execrate trap to bring you down. We got quite alot of 180's with +15 weapons, how will your osm armors keep up with that? think about it.

I tried to show my FA's endurance in a nationwar video (on my sig). And Im sorry if what Im about to say will offend osm build FA's, but theyre most likely the first ones to get smoked before me in my tier.

Its keeping up with the update, its the harsh truth. >.<

MamaMiaYoe
10-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but if you have an hp steal rune you can get by with no life absorb ring at all, and an extra crit ring is superior dps to amp and magic rune.

That dont make it a priority though, since my alternative (w/ring) works just as fine. I know you learned it first so you dont agree with me. but im just sayin, w/ or w/o hp steal >.< no biggie unless we solo Derk PF boss mobs Rota, Quad, etc...not my thing. Oh but i was able to solo pluma w/o that rune, just so you know :)

MamaMiaYoe
10-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I'm from merc. And yeah s.tit I try to stay away from that. But Mia you said no to the 50hp suit, what should I use instead? Pc osm?
Yes :) PC osm

Daedgo
10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
My only advice here is...........................

DO WHAT MIAVII SAYS!

MamaMiaYoe
10-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Even if i tell them to jump off a cliff wearing a banana costume?

Daedgo
11-05-2011, 12:12 PM
hahahaha ur are like the oracle of FA´s actually the only one who actually helps other FA´s to be better ty for that!

MamaMiaYoe
11-13-2011, 12:09 PM
hahahaha ur are like the oracle of FA´s actually the only one who actually helps other FA´s to be better ty for that!

Wellllll I just cant help it. Alot of players use to under rate FA's, not anymore though here North America we have quite a few FA's who wowed our community.. "ahem Haniel...ahem Neiro...Ahem phan...Ahem Lovextreme..Ahem ET....and you know the rest "

So as a certified Force Archer, I try to be the FA representative! lol .....and Im trying!! but thankyou for bein so positive towards me all the time. Just want you to realize that Im not that perfect as you think I am. Even what I advise might sometimes be wrong :)