PDA

View Full Version : FA/Various Questions

Cade
10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Title.

1. What gear and level do we need to successfully solo FT B1F? I saw a video of Phantastic doing it before the level 180 & HP update. Even so, since she seemed to slightly struggle, I feel like the gear needed currently and level is still high. Am I wrong?

2. I just hit 140 and have been solo grouping up all the mobs I can near Pluma in PF. Is this the best exp I can get until 160?

3. Is it better to buy my Forcium Orbs at +9, or try to + them myself? Never even tried to +7.

4. Is it worthwhile to pursue soloing dungeons/bosses as an FA, or is our largely useful support role in parties much better income?

I will probably be updating this thread with questions, or just posting new questions in the thread itself. I appreciate your help.

Cathy
10-26-2011, 09:35 PM
1. Phan's ft solo is pretty old. With new gear dropping, new skills, and the hp update, it's certainly a lot easier to solo ft1 than it was in phan's day. Generally any 160 with decent gear can solo ft1. If you wanna do it before 160, you'll need somewhat decent gear.

700-750~ish defense and vamp earrings+4 or higher with 4% hp steal should be enough to help you survive.

Chakris and Orca do have a time limit, so you need good damage output to kill them in time. If you're a lv.140 I would say 900ish magic, 100ish cd, 40ish amp would mean you're on the right track. If you're having trouble, level up a bit. lv.150 rank up really helps a lot because it'll make your aoh and aos last longer, and every rank makes a difference in your bm2 and aura dmg.

2. Running IC1 and IC2 give a decent amount of experience. I think fire trap grinding in Ic2 can be faster than pf grinding too.

3. Some would disagree with me, but imo if you can get a good deal, it's worth it to buy an orb at +9 already. Just buy what ever is on your budget, and think about what you already have and need most, if you don't have a lot of gear, an extra 100mil may be able to help you more than that extra 7 magic would.

4. FA are definitely not the best at soloing (we're great in party dungeons though :D), but by the time you are lv.160/170, any class can solo lower end dungeons ,such as ft1, ic1, eod2 (anything that gives 3-4 dp). so don't worry too much about not being able to solo dungeons and bosses because it is doable.

I hope this helps

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Title.

1. What gear and level do we need to successfully solo FT B1F? I saw a video of Phantastic doing it before the level 180 & HP update. Even so, since she seemed to slightly struggle, I feel like the gear needed currently and level is still high. Am I wrong?

2. I just hit 140 and have been solo grouping up all the mobs I can near Pluma in PF. Is this the best exp I can get until 160?
nope try doing ic2 and PF together lol i PF when im not doing ic2

3. Is it better to buy my Forcium Orbs at +9, or try to + them myself? Never even tried to +7.
It Depends What Is In The Orb lol try to aim for +7%m.amp orb +11 but if u cant +9 is still good

4. Is it worthwhile to pursue soloing dungeons/bosses as an FA, or is our largely useful support role in parties much better income?
yeA Fa can solo dugeons and bosses but its just a little bit harder cuz of our low def . . try to get lots of amp and magic attack . . FA needs it

I will probably be updating this thread with questions, or just posting new questions in the thread itself. I appreciate your help.

i awnserd your quesions in red

Cade
10-26-2011, 10:11 PM
1. Phan's ft solo is pretty old. With new gear dropping, new skills, and the hp update, it's certainly a lot easier to solo ft1 than it was in phan's day. Generally any 160 with decent gear can solo ft1. If you wanna do it before 160, you'll need somewhat decent gear.

700-750~ish defense and vamp earrings+4 or higher with 4% hp steal should be enough to help you survive.

Chakris and Orca do have a time limit, so you need good damage output to kill them in time. If you're a lv.140 I would say 900ish magic, 100ish cd, 40ish amp would mean you're on the right track. If you're having trouble, level up a bit. lv.150 rank up really helps a lot because it'll make your aoh and aos last longer, and every rank makes a difference in your bm2 and aura dmg.

2. Running IC1 and IC2 give a decent amount of experience. I think fire trap grinding in Ic2 can be faster than pf grinding too.

3. Some would disagree with me, but imo if you can get a good deal, it's worth it to buy an orb at +9 already. Just buy what ever is on your budget, and think about what you already have and need most, if you don't have a lot of gear, an extra 100mil may be able to help you more than that extra 7 magic would.

4. FA are definitely not the best at soloing (we're great in party dungeons though :D), but by the time you are lv.160/170, any class can solo lower end dungeons ,such as ft1, ic1, eod2 (anything that gives 3-4 dp). so don't worry too much about not being able to solo dungeons and bosses because it is doable.

I hope this helps

Thank you guys for the answers thus far!

I have a little over 900 magic attack, about 785-800 defense, maybe only 20 amp (35 amp with 700 defense), and not sure about CD (still have bad orbs, dual +6 and +7 forci orbs 10cd each). Saving up for +9 20%cd orbs, with one orb being amp. I have about the same amount of vamp you recommended, but I should probably just grind my way to 150 first.

I've never ran IC1 or IC2 - if I just go in there as a support healer for a party etc, will I need really high gear to survive and do my job?

Cathy
10-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Thank you guys for the answers thus far!

I have a little over 900 magic attack, about 785-800 defense, maybe only 20 amp (35 amp with 700 defense), and not sure about CD (still have bad orbs, dual +6 and +7 forci orbs 10cd each). Saving up for +9 20%cd orbs, with one orb being amp. I have about the same amount of vamp you recommended, but I should probably just grind my way to 150 first.

I've never ran IC1 or IC2 - if I just go in there as a support healer for a party etc, will I need really high gear to survive and do my job?

ic1 and ic2 don't really need you to go in as a healer. if it's your first time going, go with people who are higher level and know the dungeon so you can learn it without struggling. if every party member has the type of vamp i recommended, then you won't have to heal much. attacking the bosses should keep your hp up, with a party heal every 20 seconds, you will only need your single heal once in a while.

and if you are strong enough to solo ft1, you are strong enough to trio ic2 assuming your party members are about as strong as you are.

Cade
10-26-2011, 11:19 PM
ic1 and ic2 don't really need you to go in as a healer. if it's your first time going, go with people who are higher level and know the dungeon so you can learn it without struggling. if every party member has the type of vamp i recommended, then you won't have to heal much. attacking the bosses should keep your hp up, with a party heal every 20 seconds, you will only need your single heal once in a while.

and if you are strong enough to solo ft1, you are strong enough to trio ic2 assuming your party members are about as strong as you are.
I see. Well when servers come back up, I will play around with FT1 a little bit. I'm just trying to find out what FAs really do, you know.

jone
10-26-2011, 11:25 PM
I'd recommend you work on your amp.
It should be some where from 50-60% amp for an average FA

Cade
10-26-2011, 11:36 PM
I'd recommend you work on your amp.
It should be some where from 50-60% amp for an average FA

Correct me if I am wrong (I am very tired), but it looks like...
14% amp from boots + gloves
7% amp from suit
14% amp from bracelets
4% amp from eos
14% amp from amp orbs

That leaves you with 53% amp, with maybe 1-3 from runes and 1-3 on a pet (not added). That seems to fit the average FA, but you gotta either pay out the nose to get sig/forci amp pc, or lose tons of defense. Either way seems impractical for someone who isn't rich.

Notic
10-26-2011, 11:37 PM
about 950+ magic 50~60 amp 100+CD and you should be good....oh and don't forget to use your AOS on bosses :) happy hunting...

Obtain 69amp 112CD 1124 magic attack and your pure gold...able to solo ic1 ic2 at 170...only need 850+def...don't worry about pvp...HR13+ and pew pew people like nothing...remember sword class...1 big skill=3 fast skills for you FA :)

Notic
10-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Correct me if I am wrong (I am very tired), but it looks like...
14% amp from boots + gloves
7% amp from suit
14% amp from bracelets
4% amp from eos
14% amp from amp orbs

That leaves you with 53% amp, with maybe 1-3 from runes and 1-3 on a pet (not added). That seems to fit the average FA, but you gotta either pay out the nose to get sig/forci amp pc, or lose tons of defense. Either way seems impractical for someone who isn't rich.

never go below topaz or forcium....you need 1050+ base magic by 160+ or even 150...7 boots 7 gloves/7suit/4eos7/ 5kred....4 rune/14 orbs...14bos6...=62 amp.

Notic
10-26-2011, 11:42 PM
currently btw amp orbs are cheap get them now while u can.....320M ea+4 and +6's

Cade
10-26-2011, 11:48 PM
never go below topaz or forcium....you need 1050+ base magic by 160+ or even 150...7 boots 7 gloves/7suit/4eos7/ 5kred....4 rune/14 orbs...14bos6...=62 amp.

Yeah, right now I am at 920~ base. +6 Forci 10cd and +7 Forci 10cd. Going to work on getting +9 orbs, one 20cd and the other 7%.

So is PC osmium really even worth it? I feel like having the 7% Osm gloves and boots would leave you with very little defense.

Notic
10-26-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah, right now I am at 920~ base. +6 Forci 10cd and +7 Forci 10cd. Going to work on getting +9 orbs, one 20cd and the other 7%.

So is PC osmium really even worth it? I feel like having the 7% Osm gloves and boots would leave you with very little defense.

try to get at least +11 osm PC boots for that extra hp it helps...osm gloves are ok...amp orbs or cd both are fine as long as your magic is high..

SilvusX
10-27-2011, 02:22 AM
I disagree with a lot of advice given here, 50% amp is not necessary and it's not what average FA have, soloing ft1 definitely does not need 50 amp. OSM amp is not an requirement, nor does it need to be PC or +11, nor would you need base of 1050 m atk. hell, I don't even have 1050 m atk, and I solo ft with 30 min remaining

To solo ft1, it's not the defense that you need, it's the skill and attack power. Ft1 is in fact do-able with

*duo +9 forcium orb 10% (or less, as long as you have around 1k m atk, I'm sure I wasn't using 2x +9 when I was soloing)
*osm 7 amp 50 hp suit, S.tit amp boot and glove (hopefully you have around 600-650 defense at least!)
* osm 30% crit dmg helm, higher damage the better but the price gap is hundred millions!
*vamp earring +3-4
*amulet of pain or vamp 3-4
*bracelets of sage +5
*rol1 + merg
*2x cr+1 or ros9.
*eos6+

Plenty of players soloed before 4 ring slots, k-red existence, so you do not need them! but Obviously the better equipment you have, the easier it'll be, but you can definitely do it with above setup, it'll take some tips and tricks that you'll learn from experience. The cheapest way to solo ft1 is to do your rank up! it gives base m atk by 5-10? but your bm2 will gain 20-30 m atk, and your aura will gain rate, crit dmg and m atk as well.

This is an old video of this epic FA named button, he's osm martial as you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aer0dynamikz#p/u/4/vYggql4Q8C0

and here is Neiro, even less defense than button. He uses Titanium martials.. yup, you read that right.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Neirocity#p/u/26/GLKxLGjobKs

Cathy
10-27-2011, 05:31 AM
I disagree with a lot of advice given here, 50% amp is not necessary and it's not what average FA have, soloing ft1 definitely does not need 50 amp. OSM amp is not an requirement, nor does it need to be PC or +11, nor would you need base of 1050 m atk.

To solo ft1, it's not the defense that you need, it's the skill and attack power. Ft1 is in fact do-able with

*duo +9 forcium orb 10% (or less, as long as you have around 1k m atk, I'm sure I wasn't using 2x +9 when I was soloing)
*osm 7 amp 50 hp suit, S.tit amp boot and glove (hopefully you have around 600-650 defense at least!)
* osm 30% crit dmg helm, higher damage the better but the price gap is hundred millions!
*vamp earring +3-4
*amulet of pain or vamp 3-4
*bracelets of sage +5
*rol1 + merg
*2x cr+1 or ros9.
*eos6+

Plenty of players soloed before 4 ring slots, k-red existence, so you do not need them! but Obviously the better equipment you have, the easier it'll be, but you can definitely do it with above setup, it'll take some tips and tricks that you'll learn from experience. The cheapest way to solo ft1 is to do your rank up! it gives base m atk by 5-10? but your bm2 will gain 20-30 m atk, and your aura will gain rate, crit dmg and m atk as well.

This is an old video of this epic FA named button, he's osm martial as you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/user/aer0dynamikz#p/u/4/vYggql4Q8C0

and here is Neiro, even less defense than button. He uses Titanium martials.. yup, you read that right.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Neirocity#p/u/26/GLKxLGjobKs

hey, i basically said that already! i think the stats i suggested were reasonable :/

but i do agree with you sprites. jone and noctic aren't thinking in context. the stats being suggested are unlikely for a lv.140 who's relatively new to the game, and the gear is obviously over budget.

MamaMiaYoe
10-27-2011, 09:28 AM
More power to your FA Cade! :)

Davynelord
10-27-2011, 10:16 AM
If you want to survive IC or any PVE without dying a lot the answer is simple....

Defense rate + flee rate gear is superior to any other form of defense for PVE....high defense or vamp gear cannot compare to being missed 80% to 90% of the time which happens when you wear defense rate gear. sure your gonna sacrifice some amp but in PVE, Amp is very much overrated....amp doesn't save you from dying and your not gonna kill most dungeon monsters/bosses fast enough for your amp to be more important than any form of defense. So in PVE, amp is a mere bonus to damage, not a necessity.....crit damage and crit rate are better than amp in PVE. However, you don't have to sacrifice much crit damage when using vamp or defense rate gear....your not gonna find too many or any gear with both amp and vamp or amp and defense rate....but you can find or make vamp + rate gear....such as boots and gloves.....Purple text gears with 2 empty slots and flee rate or defense rate are powerful in PVE.

For example an extra 500 defense rate and 10% to 15% flee rate is far superior than +100 defense or 180 HP steal in pve when fighting anything that hits you for at least 25% or more of your HP in one hit, such as a tough dungeon boss or multiple dungeon mobs. Anything less and you don't need vamp, defense or rate gears beacause amp and base attack should be enough to kill it faster than it can threaten your life. See with defense rate and flee rate, you can stand there doing nothing and likely never die for an hour or never die at all.....with vamp gear, amp gear, defense or such (no rate gear) you can't stand there and not attack or you'll be dead in 30 seconds.

So as you can see, with a defense rate build, your offense really won't matter....the only issue will be how fast you can kill cause you are time limited in a dungeon....but all classes have enough offense to kill anything in the time limit of a dungeon without having 60% amp and god like gears.....

SilvusX
10-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Defense rate + flee rate gear is superior to any other form of defense for PVE....high defense or vamp gear cannot compare to being missed 80% to 90% of the time which happens when you wear defense rate gear.

No, you are a FS, not a FA. Your skills aren't constantly 1.3 sec non combo speed that are vamping 50-100 hp per second, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Amp is very much overrated....amp doesn't save you from dying and your not gonna kill most dungeon monsters/bosses fast enough for your amp to be more important than any form of defense
WRONG, especially in this case for ft1. HEED MY WORDS, if you don't have high amp and BASE you won't EVER solo a ft1 in your life. Chakris Cat boss in Ft1 regen like no other, and it's especially harder for the melee class. IF you don't have enough AMP, you won't EVER beat ORCA the immortal because if you do not kill him under certain time, HE GOES AWAY AND BECOME A WAY BUFFER BOSS. Matter of fact, this applies to any dungeon with big boss. IF you can't beat it within bm, it'll take another bm and the tougher it gets.

So in PVE, amp is a mere bonus to damage, not a necessity.....crit damage and crit rate are better than amp in PVE. However, you don't have to sacrifice much crit damage when using vamp or defense rate gear....your not gonna find too many or any gear with both amp and vamp or amp and defense rate....but you can find or make vamp + rate gear....such as boots and gloves.....Purple text gears with 2 empty slots and flee rate or defense rate are powerful in PVE.

PLEASE stop giving bad advice. 7 AMP IS GENERALLY = 15 CRIT DOWN, but since your AMP is so low it's gonna equal 20-30 crit dmg. How can amp be overrated if crit isn't?

For example an extra 500 defense rate and 10% to 15% flee rate is far superior than +100 defense or 180 HP steal in pve when fighting anything that hits you for at least 25% or more of your HP in one hit, such as a tough dungeon boss or multiple dungeon mobs.

500 defense is not 15% flee rate, how your flee rate evade DETERMINES BY MONSTER'S ATTACK rate. 100 defense reduce 200 mob damage, 180 hp steal is incredible, not many people can get to it without vamp gear but if you could. 180 hp every .8 second in COMBO is incredible, and do not forget fa bm2.

DAMN, have I been trolled or what?

SilvusX
10-27-2011, 11:16 AM
hey, i basically said that already! i think the stats i suggested were reasonable :/

but i do agree with you sprites. jone and noctic aren't thinking in context. the stats being suggested are unlikely for a lv.140 who's relatively new to the game, and the gear is obviously over budget.

everything was good, except for the defense! i only have 725 def as we speak. FT1 was the dungeon I tried so hard to beat when I was weak, so I experimented a lot haha, I seriously have done ft1 with like 620 def or so. but having DEF helps, using less greater heal speeds up your time and lets you deal more damage in bm2 time. Try to get higher life steal the less defense you have, I'd get a life absorb ring +5 instead of forceabsorb +2, ad bring some mp pots :].

Cathy
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
everything was good, except for the defense! i only have 725 def as we speak. FT1 was the dungeon I tried so hard to beat when I was weak, so I experimented a lot haha, I seriously have done ft1 with like 620 def or so. but having DEF helps, using less greater heal speeds up your time and lets you deal more damage in bm2 time. Try to get higher life steal the less defense you have, I'd get a life absorb ring +5 instead of forceabsorb +2, ad bring some mp pots :].

I said 700ish defense could solo it! In fact my first ft1 solo at 150s was done in osm martial and i only had about 680ish defense then.

No, you are a FS, not a FA. Your skills aren't constantly 1.3 sec non combo speed that are vamping 50-100 hp per second, you have no idea what you are talking about.

WRONG, especially in this case for ft1. HEED MY WORDS, if you don't have high amp and BASE you won't EVER solo a ft1 in your life. Chakris Cat boss in Ft1 regen like no other, and it's especially harder for the melee class. IF you don't have enough AMP, you won't EVER beat ORCA the immortal because if you do not kill him under certain time, HE GOES AWAY AND BECOME A WAY BUFFER BOSS. Matter of fact, this applies to any dungeon with big boss. IF you can't beat it within bm, it'll take another bm and the tougher it gets.

PLEASE stop giving bad advice. 7 AMP IS GENERALLY = 15 CRIT DOWN, but since your AMP is so low it's gonna equal 20-30 crit dmg. How can amp be overrated if crit isn't?

500 defense is not 15% flee rate, how your flee rate evade DETERMINES BY MONSTER'S ATTACK rate. 100 defense reduce 200 mob damage, 180 hp steal is incredible, not many people can get to it without vamp gear but if you could. 180 hp every .8 second in COMBO is incredible, and do not forget fa bm2.

And I completely agree. Focus on how well you can vamp now, and worry about defense and defense rate when you get to a higher level. At a low level when you first start soloing dungeons like ft1 I highly recommend prioritizing damage over defense. FA bm2 has less damage output than most classes, so you need enough dps to know that you can kill bosses in the given time-frame.

I said 40-ish amp on the assumption that you have 7/7/7 from suit/glove/boot, about 10ish amp from your bracelets, and one or more amp orb. If you don't have 40 yet because you're using crit dmg orbs, that's fine.

Cade
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys!

This is another random question, but does PF drop any good rares aside from just 7m dungeon keys?

SantaClaus
10-27-2011, 06:27 PM
eox+7/8 idk which one

Cade
10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
That's awesome dude. Although I doubt going from 140-160 at Cornus gets people anything besides dungeon keys.

SantaClaus
10-27-2011, 09:13 PM
OHHHH i made a mistake i mean eox+7/8 from bosses -.- idk which one

SilvusX
10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys!

This is another random question, but does PF drop any good rares aside from just 7m dungeon keys?

Perfect amp craft sigmetal and up to sigmetal epaulet but you probably won't get them.

jone
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Perfect amp craft sigmetal and up to sigmetal epaulet but you probably won't get them.

Great motivation right there, Silvus :D

Cade
10-27-2011, 10:04 PM
What happened to the forci drops in Mf/PF? O.o

SilvusX
10-28-2011, 01:16 AM
What happened to the forci drops in Mf/PF? O.o

all map drop list got nerfed, just like the dungeons.

andd Jones, just telling it as it is :D

Cade
10-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Another question - what do you guys think of the following gear to buy on a low budget?
Junk gears, I know. It's why I am here asking questions.

Old Gear

Osmium Helmet +6 +30cdi
SigMetal Suit +6 +4amp +50hp
SigMetal Boots +6 +4amp +50hp
Teragrace Gloves +6 +5amp
Forcium Orb +7 +10cdi
Forcium Orb +6 +10cdi
No EoS7
Blue Bike +6

I do fine with my other PvE set, but in solo dungeons I lack a lot.

New potential gear;

Osmium Helmet +9 +36cdi
Osmium Suit +9 +7amp +50hp
Osmium Gloves +9 +7amp
Osmium Boots +3 +7amp +100hp (Will +7 over time, never tried to +9 before)
K-Red (over time)

Not sure on orbs since +9+20cdi is 800m...

Anyways, just curious if that is a good set to aim for.
I've never really tried to make more than a few hundred mil for an entire set, so I am not sure how to go about it.

Cathy
10-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Definitely get a 7 amp osm suit, that extra 3 amp for only about 100m is pretty cost efficient. If you don't have them already, I suggest getting bos3 of amp x2.

A cheap alternative to two slot or 7 amp orbs are +11 10 cd orbs. They are about 300m-400m and while you will be lacking 20 cd compared to two 2 slot orbs+9, you'll have about 20 more magic per orb, but for less than half the price. the base from +11 will help a lot even if they are only 10 cd. Then work your way up to a 20 cd later. Looking at your gear, there are better ways to gain 10 cd atm than buying a 2 slot orb. If you do choose to get +11 10 cd orbs, since the stat gain from +6 to +11 forci is about 35 magic, you may want to consider getting this sooner than later. 35 magic for 400m is pretty cost efficient compared to getting an eos7. If you get two orbs that would be 70 magic gain for 800m, which is a very noticeable difference in damage. I highly recommend this over a single 2 slot orb. 10 cd will not compare to 70 magic.

And considering the price of eos7 now, It's probably better to get 7 amp gloves and boots first. Osm you can usually find +9 for about 300m. Then get an eos7, and then 36 cd helm.

I hope this helps

Halcy
10-28-2011, 03:20 AM
don't listen to cathy

jone
10-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Just btw Cade, I sell PC osmium battle boots.
I'm currently letting them go pretty cheap, so let me know if you're interested.

*Osmium Boots +3 (7% amp) [2 slot]

Cade
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Just btw Cade, I sell PC osmium battle boots.
I'm currently letting them go pretty cheap, so let me know if you're interested.

*Osmium Boots +3 (7% amp) [2 slot]

Yeah, those were the ones I was going for :). I think after I buy the suit, those will be next on my list.

jone
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
No problem.
Just hit me up when you want to buy it, or simply look in the AH

SilvusX
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Another question - what do you guys think of the following gear to buy on a low budget?
Junk gears, I know. It's why I am here asking questions.

Old Gear

Osmium Helmet +6 +30cdi
SigMetal Suit +6 +4amp +50hp
SigMetal Boots +6 +4amp +50hp
Teragrace Gloves +6 +5amp
Forcium Orb +7 +10cdi
Forcium Orb +6 +10cdi
No EoS7
Blue Bike +6

I do fine with my other PvE set, but in solo dungeons I lack a lot.

New potential gear;

Osmium Helmet +9 +36cdi
Osmium Suit +9 +7amp +50hp
Osmium Gloves +9 +7amp
Osmium Boots +3 +7amp +100hp (Will +7 over time, never tried to +9 before)
K-Red (over time)

Not sure on orbs since +9+20cdi is 800m...

Anyways, just curious if that is a good set to aim for.
I've never really tried to make more than a few hundred mil for an entire set, so I am not sure how to go about it.

That set looks good.. but whatever you do, do not buy character binding items! I'd like to note that are you more of a PVP player or PVE player? If you re going to do a lot of PVE with Nation war, you should go for AMP. Amp orbs with bm2 is stronger than 20% forcium orbs and are a lot cheaper! and during nation war, you'll be using legacy weapon most of the time!

20% is better for stand up pvp and open pk (like channel 20)

Feel free to msg Sprites in game sometime if you have questions or needs advice :]

DivineWrath
10-29-2011, 04:21 AM
I soloed FT1 on my old FA like 17 months ago in titanium amp at lvl 14x. so i would say get as much damage and vamp as you possibly can. i think my stats then were like 1007 base 50ish rate 13x cdi and about 45 amp. So in my opinion defense doesnt matter very much at all for fa in dungeons. Keep in mind that a lot of the mobs in ft1 dont get stunned so use a knock back/down oriented combo. With a setup like that ft1 should be easy enough to solo even at 14x.

SantaClaus
10-29-2011, 08:32 AM
cool good job show off

Davynelord
10-29-2011, 04:38 PM

Hey, really...did you read what you just wrote?

Did you make your own assumptions about everything I just posted?

Did you just put words into my mount err. my post?

Did you misunderstand the difference between amp, crit dmg, def, def rate and flee rate and how it affects ones ability to survive and successfully complete PVE goals?

Did you just look at my sig and assume my only experience is as a FS...fyi, my sig is more than 10 months old...it's not even close to what my FS is now.

Did you not know that I spend 99% of my time playing cabal solo in pve and only time I party is for NW?

apparently you have no idea what your talking about....you make assumptions about what I said rather than asking me to clarify what I posted. if something wasn't clear or didn't make any sense (such as your crit down statement) then why didn't you just ask me to explain....I will gladly post, with examples and numbers, exactly what I mean.

Cathy
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Did you misunderstand the difference between amp, crit dmg, def, def rate and flee rate and how it affects ones ability to survive and successfully complete PVE goals?

Did you just look at my sig and assume my only experience is as a FS...fyi, my sig is more than 10 months old...it's not even close to what my FS is now.

Did you not know that I spend 99% of my time playing cabal solo in pve and only time I party is for NW?

apparently you have no idea what your talking about....you make assumptions about what I said rather than asking me to clarify what I posted. if something wasn't clear or didn't make any sense (such as your crit down statement) then why didn't you just ask me to explain....I will gladly post, with examples and numbers, exactly what I mean.

show me how you so pro in pve i wanna see

jone
10-29-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm quite certain that any amount of amp will always equal a defined amount of CD for any given player.

SantaClaus
10-29-2011, 06:31 PM
santa gives a lot of negative info

SilvusX
10-30-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm quite certain that any amount of amp will always equal a defined amount of CD for any given player.

False, amp is directly amplifies of your base, CD multiplies of damage that is being dealt. In other words, Amp affects the outcome of your critical damage, but your critical damage won't affect your amp.

http://www.cabalc.com/en/index.html

use the damage calculator and put in
1200 m atk
200 cd
10 amp
50/50 rate

Set target to PVP against player, 900 defense.

*average damage for lv 20 terra lance is 839

now we'll add 10 amp (which is now 20)
*Terra lance average out at 899

now we'll take down the 10 amp and add 20 crit dmg (makes it 220)
*Terra lance is now 881.

in this case, that 7 amp is probably getting near 25% crit dmg.
Try to picture that when we enter bm1, bm2, aura or combination of those two and how much more damage would that amp add when our m atk reaching 1.4k 1.5k, 1.6k.. AMP and CD are both needed for maximum damage output, you have to balance them out.

Lastly, when crit damage goes over 200%, the extra bonus damage is significantly reduced. Therefore it's a good idea to have high amp because with AOS, critical damage can easily surpass 200%. I'd say this is another reason why Amp orb deals better damage than 20% orbs against bosses, we don't use AOS against regular mobs and this is what makes 20% damage orb better for open pvp, stand up pvp and regular dungeons.

SilvusX
10-30-2011, 12:07 AM

I don't need you to explain, your logic fails. Do yourself a favor and make a new forum account before you embarrass yourself further. The topic starter CADE and I was laughing at you the other day, You are such a joke.

Defense rate + flee rate gear is superior to any other form of defense for PVE....high defense or vamp gear cannot compare to being missed 80% to 90% of the time which happens when you wear defense rate gear.
Show me a video, or clip of any boss from any dungeon that misses you 90% of the time.

Amp is very much overrated....amp doesn't save you from dying and your not gonna kill most dungeon monsters/bosses fast enough for your amp to be more important than any form of defense. So in PVE, amp is a mere bonus to damage, not a necessity.....crit damage and crit rate are better than amp in PVE.
Show me how fast you kill a Boss on your "FA" since you talk like you own one, without any amp and I'll show you how much faster I kills it.

See with defense rate and flee rate, you can stand there doing nothing and likely never die for an hour or never die at all
Hey, please make a video of you standing in Porta Inferno for one hour in front of any mob attacking you for a whole hour and not die, thank you. oh and if we are talking about dungeon, please have yourself stand in front of any level 110+ dungeon bosses for a hour and not die. Thanks!

So as you can see, with a defense rate build, your offense really won't matter., the only issue will be how fast you can kill cause you are time limited in a dungeon....but all classes have enough offense to kill anything in the time limit of a dungeon without having 60% amp and god like gears....
Please make a video of any class without godlike gear that you soloed and finish with high DEF rate GEARS

Any DX dungeon on medium - hard
Forgotten temple 1 & 2
EoD2
Altar of Sienna 1 & 2
Illusion Castle 1 & 2
Lost Island

XFearMyBladeX
10-30-2011, 12:45 AM
omg lol it is simple at the END u will use full cd weps instead of amp.7 amp>10% cd not 20%.
true u need amp for bm but thats it.

SilvusX
10-30-2011, 12:49 AM
omg lol it is simple at the END u will use full cd weps instead of amp.7 amp>10% cd not 20%.
true u need amp for bm but thats it.

what are you talking about? and who are you talking to? if you been playing cabal for sometime now you should understand there is a critical damage cap and going beyond that is truly a waste. but that's off topic ~

you should really learn to read, cuz that's not what we're talking about but I'll quote this for you anyways.

JoneFA: I'm quite certain that any amount of amp will always equal a defined amount of CD for any given player.

// my response >
False, amp is directly amplifies of your base, CD multiplies of damage that is being dealt. In other words, Amp affects the outcome of your critical damage, but your critical damage won't affect your amp.

in the case of 1200 base m atk, 10 amp and 200 dmg. 10 amp is going to do more damage than 20% cdi .
actual number > what you think it is. it sure helps to read what people write sometime, doesn't?

XFearMyBladeX
10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
what are you talking about? and who are you talking to? if you been playing cabal for sometime now you should understand there is a critical damage cap and going beyond that is truly a waste.

you should really learn to read, actual number > what you think it is.

i meant that going full amp weps is a failure. amp weps means u will only hit good when ur in bm.but on stand fights will be low dmg compared to full cd weps.

when i get home i will check myself.

SilvusX
10-30-2011, 01:02 AM
i meant that going full amp weps is a failure. amp weps means u will only hit good when ur in bm.but on stand fights will be low dmg compared to full cd weps.

I'll still disagree, it's personal preference. Stand up PVP means nothing, you get some text that shows you beaten the other person. On the other hand, killing boss = money. In nation wars, most of time you'd be using Legacy Weapon, and when you need to bm2 you'd score higher points than someone with 20% damage orb. So for people that boss hunt and NW, amp orb is a strong choice.

For PVP, Pks, Channel 20, outside of bm2 killing or anything else, I'd agree. That's why I use 20% forcium orbs :]

XFearMyBladeX
10-30-2011, 01:09 AM
it's personal preference, I know plenty FA go mostly amp and they are incredibly strong. You do know about the 200% critical damage cap don't you? feel free to go bm2 / aura turn on AOS, and use all your critical ring and check the damage difference between critical shot and terra lance; then do it again without the aos, bm2 and aura.

I've been told going past 200% cd, anything extra is reduced by half, I've also been told that it just doesn't deal anymore past 200%. but anyways, results speaks; you'll find that Terra lance doing more critical damage where as critical shot doing more critical damage normally.

These players that goes mostly amps have an advantage when it comes to boss hunting, because once AOS is turned on, they'll be at the 200% damage cap and results more damage compare to players (like me) that ends up with excessive CD that does almost nothing.

thing is that i am not a boss hunting person i just like to pvp and pk thats why i always go with cd build. i do know the more amp u have the better ur bm will be but again at war i havent tested full amp weps.

reason i said going full amp is a failure is cuz u need cd for pvp and no1 stays pve build forever...

Cathy
10-31-2011, 06:35 AM

Play an FA for a bit. See how much you hit when comparing 260 cd with crit shot compared to 150 cd with a lance. Now see how much you hit when comparing 380 cd with crit shot and 270 cd with a lance. btw bm2 doesn't add crit dmg so don't even bring pve into the discussion. Whether or not you're in bm, amp is useful.

Notic
11-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Play an FA for a bit. See how much you hit when comparing 260 cd with crit shot compared to 150 cd with a lance. Now see how much you hit when comparing 380 cd with crit shot and 270 cd with a lance. btw bm2 doesn't add crit dmg so don't even bring pve into the discussion. Whether or not you're in bm, amp is useful.

YOU guys should listen to cathy...she has amp orbs and owns people with them....

MamaMiaYoe
11-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Forcium 20% cd orbs > Forcium 7% amp orbs.

XFearMyBladeX
11-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Forcium 20% cd orbs > Forcium 7% amp orbs.

yep yep and check all the posts on this thread and tell me wut u think.

MamaMiaYoe
11-01-2011, 06:56 PM
the rise of the 7% amp orb FA's were like 2 years ago if Im not mistaken.

I think Solagel and imperialdrkness were those 2 well-knowned FA's who impressed people using dual forcium 7% amp orbs.

But put this thought to consideration.
(these are FA's from merc btw)
Lovextreme, Han, phantast1c, buttons....all top FA's, most know what they use.... cdi or cdi with amp at the highest upgrade (ofcourse for more magic attack).

7% amp is good, but performance wise when it comes to doing the best of damage....20% cdi/up or 20% with amp still reigns over the 7% amp orbs...

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
11-04-2011, 06:52 PM
^ ty miavii i find it unbelievable that were still on the 7 m amp vs 20 cd debate!

XFearMyBladeX
11-04-2011, 07:12 PM
^ ty miavii i find it unbelievable that were still on the 7 m amp vs 20 cd debate!

there r still ppl that think 7%amp>20%cd .... >.>

XFearMyBladeX
11-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't think anyone on this topic said 7 amp > 20% CD on a normal circumstance.
hmm u sure?
anyway i give a crap about other ppls chars besides my friends.it is their char anyway lol and again going amp weps build is a failure end of story.^^