PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about Wizards

Cade
10-31-2011, 12:01 AM
I made one a few weeks ago just to play around with them a little bit. But they are one of the classes that I don't quite understand much about. If you could answer some of the following questions, it would be much appreciated.

1. People say Wizards die way too easily. I figure with most PvE mobs being nerfed, the HP update, and enough vamp gear, they shouldn't have a problem staying alive?

2. What type of gear do we need? I figure with our high base magic attack, we could afford to use Aqua DB and such. But do we need a certain amount of crit rate/crit damage from our helms and orbs?

3. How good are we compared to other classes on soloing bosses, and dungeons in general? Soloing and speed is a very important thing to me.

Thank you for helping me out with answering these questions.

Teru
10-31-2011, 12:19 AM
1) whoever told u that is a tard, jk but in pvp they are a joke mostly unless u got gear like matrimoney/spur then maybe it'd be different, ill answer the rest in 3).

2) DB>Amp For wizzy's in orbs/helm people who tell u otherwise... i'd say go for some good lapis/topaz's lol. Aqua?... uh like perfect example pure pc dmg orbs 40%'s and a 15/24 helm or u could go 34/7 or 40/7 for war... depends on the user's preference.

3) Best Bm2 in the game hands down so u should love this class if ur tryn to solo bosses and running dungeons. Fastest with blink to.

Cade
10-31-2011, 12:31 AM
1) whoever told u that is a tard, jk but in pvp they are a joke mostly unless u got gear like matrimoney/spur then maybe it'd be different, ill answer the rest in 3).

2) DB>Amp For wizzy's in orbs/helm people who tell u otherwise... i'd say go for some good lapis/topaz's lol. Aqua?... uh like perfect example pure pc dmg orbs 40%'s and a 15/24 helm or u could go 34/7 or 40/7 for war... depends on the user's preference.

3) Best Bm2 in the game hands down so u should love this class if ur tryn to solo bosses and running dungeons. Fastest with blink to.

1st bold: Really? Are we that bad in pvp?
2nd bold: If I recall, SEM extends up to ST/Aqua, hence making it seem a notch better than phery etc.

Sprite
10-31-2011, 12:38 AM

1) this guy is a sped. only way u should die as a wiz if ur a) rooted or b) have an iq under 10 cuz let's be honest here, who actually standing pvps as a wiz
2) depends on the rest of ur gear
3) depends on ur gear

Teru
10-31-2011, 01:06 AM
XI the tard, so anyway
what i meant by pvp i meant 1v1 duels not freestyle zzz.
in war ur godmode everyone should know this its pretty obvious.

2) yea ur right about that' but idk personally why not just get some temp like 30% lapis's or 27%'s and save up not worth going through all that for temp weapons imo.

Cade
11-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Also, what are our general combos for pvp/dpsing bosses, bm2, etc?

O.o
11-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I made one a few weeks ago just to play around with them a little bit. But they are one of the classes that I don't quite understand much about. If you could answer some of the following questions, it would be much appreciated.

1. People say Wizards die way too easily. I figure with most PvE mobs being nerfed, the HP update, and enough vamp gear, they shouldn't have a problem staying alive?

2. What type of gear do we need? I figure with our high base magic attack, we could afford to use Aqua DB and such. But do we need a certain amount of crit rate/crit damage from our helms and orbs?

3. How good are we compared to other classes on soloing bosses, and dungeons in general? Soloing and speed is a very important thing to me.

Thank you for helping me out with answering these questions.

1) If you are a new wizard with mediocre gear then yes you'll have trouble staying alive with hard hitting mobs. however, whenever grinding a wizard should always be with a party because of sp buff. sp buff = constant bm2 and in bm2 ur defense/vamp is high enough that u can just sit back and grind.

2) go for rate in slot/db orbs/helms (st helms, and aqua orbs are good for cheap extensions). if you can't afford those then try to fulfill atleast 50+ rate first.

3) I'd say best class for soloing bosses and dungeons are warriors (i say warriors because their defense is high enough that u can fully focus on all dps gear for dungeons) but after them comes wizards.

what matters most in this game is gears. and the best class to make money for those gears is wizard class.

Sephiroth
11-09-2011, 10:44 PM
WIZ got epic nerfed again.

After =15 gear popped up, all the not so rich people that were wiz got screwed.

heck I lost a pvp to a 109 WA, tell me EST didnt screwed up. Im 171. with +11 36% topaz and +11 forcy 2 slot. If i lost a pvp to that WA, i feel sorry to any other wiz that comes by that WA in war. a 109 wiz wont stand a chance. Period.

Now, if you got Romps gear. +15 forcium Full set. RW3 Bike +15 double slotted with 8% Rate resist. 2 +15 orbs...Then your godly.

Cade
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM

heck I lost a pvp to a 109 WA, tell me EST didnt screwed up. Im 171. with +11 36% topaz and +11 forcy 2 slot. If i lost a pvp to that WA, i feel sorry to any other wiz that comes by that WA in war. a 109 wiz wont stand a chance. Period.

Now, if you got Romps gear. +15 forcium Full set. RW3 Bike +15 double slotted with 8% Rate resist. 2 +15 orbs...Then your godly.

From what I know, Wiz performs badly in 123pvp which honestly doesn't seem like an indicator of anything.

But seeing veteran wizzies like spur talk about how useless wizards are, warriors op etc, discourages me a bit.

Sprite
11-09-2011, 11:40 PM
lol wa most op'd class -- good in everything

ForumHavoc
11-10-2011, 04:39 AM

Romp is an mFS, what you talking about Wiz fool.

SantaClaus
11-10-2011, 01:00 PM
Romp is an mFS, what you talking about Wiz fool.
You Dumb Cu.nt hes a WI

Sprite
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
romp is a bl he wears martial

SantaClaus
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
romp is a bl he wears]armour suits
fixed

Spamzor
11-12-2011, 03:40 AM
From what I know, Wiz performs badly in 123pvp which honestly doesn't seem like an indicator of anything.

But seeing veteran wizzies like spur talk about how useless wizards are, warriors op etc, discourages me a bit.

and i second what spur said as well, Wiz are pretty useless in the game now except in dungeons and a bit in War but anything else u either need +15 EVERYTHING or just don't play lol, Wizards don't "make a huge difference" like they used to.

Cade
11-12-2011, 09:52 AM
and i second what spur said as well, Wiz are pretty useless in the game now except in dungeons and a bit in War but anything else u either need +15 EVERYTHING or just don't play lol, Wizards don't "make a huge difference" like they used to.

Beyond SP and mobility, what are they good for? It seems like they put out good damage too.

EDIT: Also, I mean...dungeons and NW is a pretty large portion of the game. If we are really good at both, I would be content.

Lann
11-12-2011, 11:09 AM
WI dps is x2 of WA in bloody and fury

providen1990
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
WI all out dps is less than WA all out dps in both pvp and pve. + WA have panic cry (WI dps in pvp is 20-25% weaker than it should be)
It is old but don't play standing pvp if u are a WI or don't play WI if u like standing pvp :D
The only reason for WI to be useful in T5 is SI and maybe the regen hp pt buff. Because ppl are moving fast now and the only thing that can kill anyone is root which is what WI so weak against. WI dps is weaker than FA too (by a lot) and with the new unroot buff FA is the one that hard to kill not WI. Therefore, an FA is better than a WI especially when the average gear of ppl is stronger which is what happening now. AND FA gear is way cheaper.

killerdevil
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Lol, its funny how all wizards q.q about wizard class.. me too i say Wiz is a good PVE class and at dungs wiz is good, but yes ofc wiz is the most epic fail in stand PVP and in my opinion wiz sux at war too .. 1 root = certain death .. imagine if u play vs a natiion with 60% FBs - T5 procs -would be a death saga.

SantaClaus
11-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Hayul Naw Turn into XI with the instant run away

ColdFire
11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
no one in this thread knows anything about this game.

close this