PDA

View Full Version : Item Prices

Sorrow
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Cabal online is a great game although slow to level up but is really fun. Many of my friends and i would like to buy lots of stuff from the item shop but the prices are a little too steep. Like 17.99 US dollar for level booster or like 40.00 US dollars for the K board... is like too much.Please reconsider the prices to be more accessible to all the players. Thank You.

Paradox
12-22-2011, 01:55 AM
You have a point.

The prices on some items are ridiculous, enough so to make my head turn the other way.

Although, being as pricey as they are.... makes them, ( lack of better word ) a luxury item.

just to show off in other words. ( with a few added bonuses of course )

the way i see it is most people who engage is purchasing items that are ( lets say ) 40$ and above are die hard fans of the game and willing to pay up whatever price for the game they enjoy. ( lets say 90% - 100%)

as oppose to;

HARDCORE GAMERS -- would strongly consider it. ( lets say 66% - 89% )

MID-CORE PLAYERS -- would consider it ( lets say51% - 65% )

but beyond this point it can get rather harder to convince people otherwise..
for an example... ( why pay 40 plus for an item ( non-physical ) when u can get a full games experience via console or PC games for that same price ( comes with a disk/box -physical)

AVERAGE GAMER -- ( lets say 40% - 50%)

CASUAL GAMER -- ( 15% - 39% )

TESTERS (or fly-by ) -- ( 0% - 14% )

realistically speaking.

lets say this item that is 40$ they drop it to lets say... half.. 20$... even though it will take 2 people to buy the same item to equal to 1 person buying the item... the difference will show that more percent of the people are willing to buy said item. Even though my numbers of percentage are just an estimate, big successful companies that apply this rule of ( lower prices mean more buyers, more buyers mean more profit over time. ) so by allowing easier access to said item means more buyers over time. and from there on you can rely on a sort of chain reaction where people can get hooked on buying and will be willing to put more cash into the game. more bag for the buck.

that being said

i kind of understand why they rotate the cash item so when people enter the cash item shop they will always be new fresh stuff they can buy.....

but here's the problem with that...

I LOVE customization.... and the more i have to choose from, the better.
and when i want something i know the game has, i want to buy right away, not wait a week for rotation or months. the problem with waiting is it can lead to loss of desire. I'm playing a game! not waiting for the soup of the day!

that being said

it also encourage the creators to be lazy in some sense. Why create new items that can bring more potential buyers when we can just recycle the old ones we've already created.

imagine how long this game has been out, and if they never remove anything they created from the cash item, how big their inventory would be? More items, more customization, more buyers. simple. theres soooo much i wanna buy from this game, but no way am i willing to invest that amount of money for 1 item in game.

40$ for 1 item -- no ( 0% profit )
40$ for 4 items -- yes ( 100% profit )

although some things im willing to buy because i enjoy this game. like lvl boost, and premium and such ( i will support this game.) but the items i truly want are costumes. depending if they do the Christmas special, i will buy them as well.

Rowe
12-22-2011, 01:59 AM
red board is pretty much end game so the price is ok. your gonna have it and use it your entire cabal carrier.....

i can understand costume prices... but thats about it.

oh you want expensive ... right now Forsaken World a PWE game is having a promo for an item (blood stone 5) and it costs $1000.00 USD

Paradox
12-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Forsaken World a PWE game is having a promo for an item (blood stone 5) and it costs $1000.00 USD

jeez... nuff said lol