PDA

View Full Version : FS power (doubts)

ryuk63
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
im a little bit new in cabal and im confuse about how the DPS an damage work in this game , so i have 3 doubts

1-when i calculate fs(with MB) Bm2 vs Wa(Bloody spirit) and FB(full debuff) Bm2 i find that fs does more damage than both but have less Dps. so FS should be better or equal than both in solo dungeon/boss , right?

2- if a skill has high Dps its mean this skill is better?

3-what gear need a Fs to solo quadra , pluma and Aos1 ?

Roxlyn
12-14-2011, 07:43 PM
im a little bit new in cabal and im confuse about how the DPS an damage work in this game , so i have 3 doubts

1-when i calculate fs(with MB) Bm2 vs Wa(Bloody spirit) and FB(full debuff) Bm2 i find that fs does more damage than both but have less Dps. so FS should be better or equal than both in solo dungeon/boss , right?

1 Rephrase the question

2 dps not really better....just faster....damage per second means simply its faster...not better

3 ask a fs in game lol im clueless imma BL

xDromarx
12-14-2011, 08:34 PM
1. With the same gear, no. Dungeons are about dps, not damage per hit and as an fs you have the lowest dps in the game. You also have no debuffs or offensive buffs to help your party whereas fbs and warriors do.

2. It's circumstantial and impossible to give you an answer unless one knows what context to deal with.

3. Better gear than any other class will need, and patience.

Foop
12-14-2011, 09:49 PM
fs are pretty much the best melee class in combo (considering output and surivability)

but if you care for pve/dungeons just go wiz/bl

SantaClaus
12-14-2011, 09:51 PM
fs are pretty much the best melee class in combo (considering output and surivability)

but if you care for pve/dungeons just go wiz/bl
wa >fs every day

Foop
12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
wa >fs every day

nah. contrary to popular belief

brusky
12-14-2011, 09:56 PM
FS so..............................SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :(

SantaClaus
12-14-2011, 10:04 PM
popular belief= fs #1

Foop
12-14-2011, 10:07 PM
popular belief= fs #1

that's the truth lol.

Cathy
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
that's the truth lol.

no it not

Foop
12-14-2011, 10:10 PM
no it not

enlighten me

Cathy
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM
enlighten me

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g391/xTales02/dromarstats.pnghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g391/xTales02/burningravenstats.png

Foop
12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
ok i will not lie. i'm not going to look at your chart.

in standard combo situation fs > wa. there's nothing you can say

maybe you are thinking of bm2

Cathy
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
ok i will not lie. i'm not going to look at your chart.

in standard combo situation fs > wa. there's nothing you can say

maybe you are thinking of bm2

Whether you look at the chart or not, fact: WA puts out more dps in combo. Numbers don't lie.

Foop
12-14-2011, 10:47 PM
the gear is obviously favoring warrior then.. trust me, guy

Cathy
12-14-2011, 10:51 PM
the gear is obviously favoring warrior then.. trust me, guy

you ask me to enlighten you, and then provided with hard evidence you still stand by your opinion which has 0 evidence to support it.
your opinion < facts
..trust me, guy

Look at the stats I used.

I put BurningRaven's stats in for WA against dromar's 1346 def.
I put Dromar's stats in for FS against burning's 1249 def.

Even with a 100 defense higher target, the WA puts out more dps.
Put them both up against a target with the same defense and WA outwins by even more. If anything, those stats favor the FS.

Foop
12-14-2011, 10:56 PM
dromar had a +11 forc orb and random 7 amp +15 blade meaning his weapons were nowhere near the potential they could be unlike BR's

BR also has 14 amp gloves.

next please

Cathy
12-14-2011, 11:00 PM
dromar had a +11 forc orb and random 7 amp +15 blade meaning his weapons were nowhere near the potential they could be unlike BR's

next please

So you saying these stats aren't comparable?
http://www.virusgaming.net/cabal_na/id3.php?id_char=565.jpeg
http://www.virusgaming.net/cabal_na/id.php?id_char=33

ya okay

Foop
12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
So you saying these stats aren't comparable?
http://www.virusgaming.net/cabal_na/id3.php?id_char=565.jpeg
http://www.virusgaming.net/cabal_na/id.php?id_char=33

ya okay

you sound like you are clueless as to what they actually have gear-wise and merely know their "vrs stats"

i mean.. dw little by little you will learn i guess.

Cathy
12-14-2011, 11:10 PM
you sound like you are clueless as to what they actually have gear-wise and merely know their "vrs stats"

Does it matter what they have gearwise? Those are the stats I used in the damage calculator, so as long as those input stats are comparable, thats all that matters for comparing dps.

But nvm, I'm sure you're right. The developers of Cabal obviously gave FS skills low added attack and amp and high added crit dmg, because they meant for FS to be a dps class instead of a burst damage class. How silly to think otherwise.

Foop
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
stats are not comparable if one class clearly outweighs another in gear.

it's really simple dawg. relax with the paragraphs.

Cathy
12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
stats are not comparable if one class clearly outweighs another in gear.

it's really simple dawg. relax with the paragraphs.

The stats I used (their vrs stats) are comparable; please tell me how Burning's stats are far outweighs dromar's. WA puts out more dps than FS at equal gear.

If you wanna compare Dromar's stats to venus's best WA's like vodanh, then yeah, I can see why you think WA are weak. And if 2 lines is considered a paragraph for you, I wouldn't try college...

Foop
12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
The stats I used (their vrs stats) are comparable; please tell me how Burning's stats are far outweighs dromar's.

dromar had a +11 forc orb and random 7 amp +15 blade

again very simple concept. don't gotta get serious.. lol

Cathy
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
dromar had a +11 forc orb and random 7 amp +15 blade

again very simple concept. don't gotta get serious.. lol

Does it matter what they have gearwise? Those are the stats I used in the damage calculator, so as long as those input stats are comparable, thats all that matters for comparing dps.

But nvm, I'm sure you're right. The developers of Cabal obviously gave FS skills low added attack and amp and high added crit dmg, because they meant for FS to be a dps class instead of a burst damage class. How silly to think otherwise.

Foop
12-14-2011, 11:42 PM
well, it's been nice chatting. your last post was very poorly executed, but i'm sure it made sense somewhere.
wish you the best of luck! see you around in mercury :)

PS stick to FA ;o

Davynelord
12-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Uhm that chart tells us nothing....

it doesn't account for the fact that SS(9) does more damage than SS(20) in all situations except when SS(9) doesn't crit at all....which if your have a crit build, doesn't happen often at all...

Also, there are far too many intangible factors that alter things between WA and FS....such as FS has faster cooldown's on nearly all of it's skills compared to WA...which means FS can cast it's highest damaging skills more often than WA can.

xDromarx
12-15-2011, 07:56 AM
PvE combo dps is, as already stated, gear dependent. That is not to speculate about stun or aoe, however, which fs is much better at. Warriors are naturally better with the same quality gear or higher, so Raven's current stats, and therefore his dps, are obviously going to be better than my 4+ month old stats. Compare new Dromar's stats to Raven's, and the dps charts will be reversed.

megablast1
12-15-2011, 08:19 AM
i got a fs lvl 173 and i got all forcy +11 and up sloted (pve gear) and i have a hard time soloing IC1 and i cant finish it..
But wit a Lvl 160 WA or Lvl 160 Wi or Lvl 150 fa(full forcy+10) and they are much easier to solo IC1 with...

Cathy
12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
PvE combo dps is, as already stated, gear dependent. That is not to speculate about stun or aoe, however, which fs is much better at. Warriors are naturally better with the same quality gear or higher, so Raven's current stats, and therefore his dps, are obviously going to be better than my 4+ month old stats. Compare new Dromar's stats to Raven's, and the dps charts will be reversed.

I wasn't trying to compare you and burning specifically, just WA and FS in general. But yes, thats what I was trying to prove, that WA are naturally better with the same quality gear. Ofc an FS with higher quality gear will be better.

KonaKona
12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
The stats I used (their vrs stats) are comparable; please tell me how Burning's stats are far outweighs dromar's. WA puts out more dps than FS at equal gear.

If you wanna compare Dromar's stats to venus's best WA's like vodanh, then yeah, I can see why you think WA are weak. And if 2 lines is considered a paragraph for you, I wouldn't try college...

What is not shown is cooldown times for the major skills. What serious fs uses lvl9 grenade? The lower the cooldown times, the faster you can get back to using that skill. Splinter at lvl18 is 6.4 seconds, grenade is 7.7seconds. In order for WA skills to match that, it has to set skill level a lot lower.

Ultimately, the reason why WA has higher dps is because it has higher base damage, which is constant damage. FS has low base but can have higher spike damage if they crit, especially for grenade and splinter (100cd and 50cd built-in respectively). But this dependent on your rate, and the boss/oppponents defense and other 'enhancements' (crit resist, etc). Thats why FS is good at pvp/war melee because all u need is short term damage. But for bosses, you need consistent damage over a longer period of time and fs damage is hit and miss. Coupled with the fact that FS has no debuff at all makes it not suited for soloing higher level bosses.

SantaClaus
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
why cathy on a mac

dipikins
12-15-2011, 07:38 PM
Force Shielders are a very hard-hitting class, but I would not consider them the best. It's all about chance (how much / often you crit).

xXCrusadeXx
12-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Go by DPS, thats the most important indicator of overall damage. WA deals more damage per second and is better at soloing bosses.

ryuk63
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
and what about the stats to solo quadra and the gear? with 1050atk , 170 crit dmg , 64amp (2 forcy weps) should be possible to solo it with 2sp?

Davynelord
12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
i got a fs lvl 173 and i got all forcy +11 and up sloted (pve gear) and i have a hard time soloing IC1 and i cant finish it..
But wit a Lvl 160 WA or Lvl 160 Wi or Lvl 150 fa(full forcy+10) and they are much easier to solo IC1 with...

if you can't solo IC1 with 173 FS, then you don't know what your doing and probably need to stick to teams...IC1 is easily soloable for FS as early as 150, maybe earlier if you got the alz for the right gear...

xXCrusadeXx
12-16-2011, 01:05 PM
and what about the stats to solo quadra and the gear? with 1050atk , 170 crit dmg , 64amp (2 forcy weps) should be possible to solo it with 2sp?

rota yes, quadra no

gangplank
01-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow people still think FS is a good class? LMAO if everyone in M.WAR was smart there would be no FS bringers, too bad FS's are good at taking out bads. That's what you call a pub stomper class, they are good because you're clueless on how to fight them.