PDA

View Full Version : update.exe failed to download!

HentaiLord
05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I had many problems with the game. Firstly, I had problems logging in, then I couldn't even get in-game without the game crashing, etc. Having such problems, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game. Upon doing so, I began getting this problem.
Once the launcher starts, a small window opens that says ,"Update.exe......downloading" but then it quickly says, "Update.exe failed to download try again." then shuts the window.
Upon that window shutting, another opens identical to the first but it says, "imgrepository.dll" instead, and does the exact same thing.If anyone could help me, I'd be grateful because I tired of trying to fix this issue by myself.

StevenJ
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
I have the same problem , first i tought it was because i was using europe server ( from canada) then i switched to us and it still has problem with first launch

ikari
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
ok man im not sure if your still watching this thread or not, but i think i solved the problem. happened by accident when i was dealing with issues from another game lol. anyhow, open up IE and go to internet options, then go to connections, and LAN settings at the bottom. uncheck the box that says use proxy server for your LAN then hit ok to leave menus. now try starting cabal, i did what i just told you and it did updates like it normally does and worked fine.

I found this in another thread, I did not solve this but it works. I had the same problem as you and this helped me play.