PDA

View Full Version : Better Boss Hunter SFS vs. MFS

YoungForum
05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Which Type of FS is better wen it comes to boss hunting (Derk/PF bosses) SFS or MFS. :confused:

chainlock
05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Going off the videos I've watched it looks like mFS kill them faster, but you have to use combo where with a sFS you just have to retarget BM2s first hit.

beowolf101
05-07-2010, 10:26 PM
sfs
people adapt to pvp
not pve
mfs just I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ at pve period

wtf moderated for saying su ck ?

KhmerBlader
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Mfs because u don't have to bother of tanking :0

Sabuvok
05-08-2010, 04:53 PM
o.o "I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥" is their screening thing?
Lol i thought it was some troll thing that ppl are just copy and pasting everywhere

otice1
05-08-2010, 07:31 PM
For pontus bosses/derk mFS is better because you can mb without being in range of getting hit
You also have better dps

WIpwns
05-08-2010, 08:14 PM
For pontus bosses/derk mFS is better because you can mb without being in range of getting hit
You also have better dps

nuff said

yomo
05-10-2010, 05:57 AM
You also have better dps

wtf? mFS still get hit while in aod/mb and they dont have better dps unless they go bm1, and if they do that they proly cant tank the boss that the'y re tryna kill, mfs is only good for pvp/pk and thats only if you got decent skill, sFS is pretty decent in pvp/pk and 10x better in pve.

the only mfs that i've seen that can solo efficiently is Revz from COBR, and that dudes gear is insane

Nanjirou
05-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Sword Fs+ Bm2 Retarget= Faster than cannons/lances= higher DPS

otice1
05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
its just as easy if not easier for mFS to tank bosses
If you are in combo/bm1 and comboing your vamp is much better than sFS
Also on a gear basis, +6 forcy magic amp is only like 600m so there is a good chance a mFS will have better defense than the equivilent sFS

yomo
05-10-2010, 02:55 PM
lol even if they do have +6 forcy amp, its still hard for them to tank bosses, yes if they combo they will vamp more, but i generally gget like 40 hp back a hit from one of my bm2 swings, so that really doesn't help lol

you can ask any good mFS in merc or venus and they'll tell you that mfs cant solo sht, overall sFS is genrally better than mFS in msot aspects of gamplay

otice1
05-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Is that why mFS have much better ft solo times than sFS do?
Also the reason mFS can't solo is an issue of damage not survival; it is an issue of damage vs SP conservation. And a good mFS can tank just fine.

YoungForum
05-10-2010, 11:55 PM
I thought Mfs didnt like wearing high+'d forcium cuz it messes with there stats or somethin.

Nanjirou
05-11-2010, 01:54 AM
Mfs who wear forcium have the advantage of super boosted defense. To make up for the loss in stats you prob need +7 forcium wepsx_x

WIpwns
05-11-2010, 04:36 AM
Mfs who wear forcium have the advantage of super boosted defense. To make up for the loss in stats you prob need +7 forcium wepsx_x

keke

Leonhart
05-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Also the reason mFS can't solo is an issue of damage not survival; it is an issue of damage vs SP conservation. And a good mFS can tank just fine.

mFS have largely died out due to many changes to FS.

Back 2 years ago a mFS woulda been better no question.

BTW, if you have a good party in PF, a sFS can stay in MB since BM2 is ranged.

yomo
05-12-2010, 05:23 AM

FT1 is a babycake dungeon, easy to tank all the bosses and mfs can combo through it. and if its an issue of dmg, why pick mFS in the first place? lol. sFS use normal atk in bm2, so it doens't waste sp and u get more def in in bm2 than in bm1, its a no-brainer, sFS > mFS

otice1
05-12-2010, 12:15 PM
FT1 is a babycake dungeon, easy to tank all the bosses and mfs can combo through it. and if its an issue of dmg, why pick mFS in the first place? lol. sFS use normal atk in bm2, so it doens't waste sp and u get more def in in bm2 than in bm1, its a no-brainer, sFS > mFS

Thanks for only responding to half the quote. mFS dps > sFS dps, thats a fact
The only problem is mFS use more sp in the process so sFS are better at conserving sp
personally i would rather have dps than sp conservation but that is more of a personal preference

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 12:28 PM
DPS on Cannons/lances>DPS on Sword moves~

Shield Splinter= more fun than DPS

Being able to pwn face with a legacy wep= Priceless

otice1
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Shield Splinter= more fun than DPS

I know right? I love having SS not crit and do the same damage as a cannon but with a 4sec cast time
sFS is so reliable...not

YoungForum
05-13-2010, 12:09 AM
I know right? I love having SS not crit and do the same damage as a cannon but with a 4sec cast time
sFS is so reliable...not

+1 Sadly..................... but wen u do crit its all worth it lol =)

yomo
05-13-2010, 06:33 PM
sFS is so reliable...not

the hardest hitting mFS I've came across was N0mnom, he hit me for about 900 on a cannon i think, somewhere around there...my force kick crits people for like 700 and impact does 650ish (that's on someone with around 750-800 def, average amount of def on people i pvp) and then splinter hits people for 1.8-2k so its gg, and yes sFS is more reliable, we can tank more in dungeons like AoS1, Aos2, FT2 cause we don't have to use friggen bm1 to have decent dps

also, when ur cannon doesn't crit it does like 300 dmg lol, splinter does 800

BurgerKing
05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Once, there was a kid who went to community college, everyone laughed and called him a sped. Oh, hello yomom!

yomo
05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
lol, i love how all these 12 year old kids hide behind forum accounts and and just say random stuff, its cute =D

pottytrained
05-13-2010, 11:04 PM
the hardest hitting mFS I've came across was N0mnom, he hit me for about 900 on a cannon i think, somewhere around there...my force kick crits people for like 700 and impact does 650ish (that's on someone with around 750-800 def, average amount of def on people i pvp) and then splinter hits people for 1.8-2k so its gg, and yes sFS is more reliable, we can tank more in dungeons like AoS1, Aos2, FT2 cause we don't have to use friggen bm1 to have decent dps

you do realized ss has a 3+ sec cast time in combo, while cannons has a ~ 1 sec cast time?

yomo
05-14-2010, 07:18 AM
cannons got like a 1.3 sec cast time i believe and splinter is 3.2, something like that, but if ur a good sFS, you don't need splinter to crit to win a duel

pottytrained
05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
you sure you dont need to crit ss to win against me?

yomo
05-14-2010, 10:32 AM
i said a good sfs wouldn't need to crit ss to win a pvp

otice1
05-14-2010, 01:08 PM

Sorry but your opinion doesnt count if its based off pvp with 750 defense. I would also like to see you hit 800 noncrit on shield splinter.

Spur
05-14-2010, 01:41 PM
cannons are 1.25sec cast time except lightning which is 1.4sec
splinter non crit reaching 750 is already a great accomplishment... i dont think 800 is possible here

ForumHavoc
05-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Why would you even make an mFS to boss hunt, you on crack? Lent me rephrase that. Why would you make a FS to boss hunt? Make a WA and have fun rolling Quad nude. mFS don't have the def or def rate for boss hunting, you have to be pretty beastly to do that IMO. I boss hunt in a group. Clear all 15 chnls, have my sp, more drops, no need to solo. As for the guy that said mFS stick range in PF and get away with it is a lie. mFS in bosshunting has the highest burst damage(I think wiz can pull it from an mFS, it's 50/50 from my experiance). I say that because everyones bm2 is fast and low dmging. A powerful mFS would be pulling the most aggro thus making range useless.

As for the SP issue,if you can combo past 11 you'll actually be gaining sp rather then losing. Well I see that happening when i use a lv10 SKILL EXP rune and trainee title. I would say SFS is better tho, BM2 + their buff is already like what? +160atk over us if not more? Solo wise those misses would probably be annoying, as a group I would doubt you'd ever miss with Hardluck and PC up.

otice1
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
As for the SP issue,if you can combo past 11 you'll actually be gaining sp rather then losing.
I've never noticed regaining sp while comboing in bm/aura

yomo
05-17-2010, 06:26 AM
^lol

otice1
05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Just tested comboing non bm. Got 17 combo and was still at a loss of almost 100sp.

ForumHavoc
05-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I've never noticed regaining sp while comboing in bm/aura

If i break at 11 i get half my sp or so back. You're doing it wrong. I assume.
Or you just forgot to read this part: "Well I see that happening when i use a lv10 SKILL EXP rune and trainee title."

otice1
05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Also several posts ago you mentioned comboing past 11 gains sp, now you are saying you only get half back (250) at 11?
From my experience its more like gaining sp after comboing to 20

ForumHavoc
05-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Forgot to put on skill experience? Tell me again how skill exp affects sp consumption/regeneration
Also several posts ago you mentioned comboing past 11 gains sp, now you are saying you only get half back (250) at 11?
From my experience its more like gaining sp after comboing to 20

I don't know how it affects sp gain, but it does, so why argue with it. As for my previous post, I think i meant comboing past 11 makes you regain all the sp you lost from casting combo. I can see my sp going up each hit, may not be a lot, but it adds up as you hit more and more.

And the reason you can see your sp going up after 20? Higher combos give you more skill exp, If you were an original player that had to actually grind your ass off for skill exp you would know this. So if I put on skill exp gain items on with the logic stated above wouldn't I gain sp when comboing from 1-11 and even more when doing 11+?

If you think it's a lie, by all means don't do it. No one is forcing you.

PS: That "SP for your grind" event added skill exp also. Why would they add skill exp for an SP event? Just saying.

Leonhart
05-17-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't know the formula either, but from my experiences more skill exp increase the amount of sp you get back through each skill.

I noticed this during some skilling event, I would gain back my sp in only 7~ hits as opposed to 14 (FB).

Divinehonor
05-17-2010, 08:20 PM
you sure you dont need to crit ss to win against me?
Yes

pottytrained
05-17-2010, 08:42 PM
No

and dont you have more guildies to scam, g.m to I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ up to?

Divinehonor
05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
No

and dont you have more guildies to scam, g.m to I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ up to?

Lol, faceplant cause you just got forumpwned. KAkakakakAka