PDA

View Full Version : Death Tempest

Xherra
12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
I was curious whether or not death tempest is any good before I waste the cash. How is the dps and does it serve any purpose?

I3athtub
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
well, its a great PVE skill, not that good in PVP, comes in handy in war

its an AOE skill, and it has the highest attack among all the BL skills.

go for it... its worth it

Xherra
12-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Do you know how long the cast time and cd are?

Dkmopper
12-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Best dos skill it takes 3 seconds to cast

fsflashy
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM
It's a good skill. It does less damage than Lightning Slash and Blade Scud at equal skill levels but has good AOE.

Xherra
12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
So it's use is if I can mob a large group? Otherwise it's not a typical combo move?

Fhear
01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
DT should be in your combo, both PvP and PvE. It's up to you which position in your combo it falls in to.

chainlock
01-01-2012, 11:32 AM
DT is an amazing skill, big aoe and great damage. It also is faster than both LS and BS and does similar damage to LS depending on the levels.

cadacus_ater
01-08-2012, 11:31 AM
If you level DT to 20 it is pretty much the hardest hitting PvP skill you have, with exceptional dps.
Believe me, it hits like a truck :)

In PvE DT is not as good as LS or BS, but is still a very nice skill.
It is essentially a heavily buffed Storm Grind and should be treated as such in my opinion.
That's the other reason I level it to 20.

Part of the reason I made my Blader skill guide was to help people who wanted to use DT 20 and VI 20 and still combo effectively.

Edit: You can find the cool times and cast times here in this chart.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2el9zjd.jpg

Hash
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
well, its a great PVE skill, not that good in PVP, comes in handy in war

its an AOE skill, and it has the highest attack among all the BL skills.

go for it... its worth it

Not good for PvP? What on earth are you smoking?

DT is a must. In PvP it's got a higher dps than LS (at least for me) and it's essential for my pve combo (great aoe, knocks mobs down etc.) great for evading chase skills (especially when a FB uses one of theirs, DT solves the problem of running around and then getting knocked down)

In PvE DT is not as good as LS or BS, but is still a very nice skill.

Not quite correct .. in PvE LS hits harder (and has better dps) than DT, so that part is correct. Although BS hits as hard as LS at the same lvl, it has a lot higher cast time than LS, which drastically reduces its dps .. This causes DT to have a higher dps, even in PvE situations, than BS.

In short, DT is our best PvP skill, and our second best PvE skill .. get it.

cadacus_ater
01-15-2012, 06:22 PM
The reason I say DT isn't quite as good as BS is cause I seem to have better results locking down the enemy with BS to use a potion than with DT, though that could be a result of my combo string. But yeah, DT does have better dps than BS in PvE.

chainlock
01-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I blame your combo too. <3 my 100% stunlock combo.

cadacus_ater
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
I blame your combo too. <3 my 100% stunlock combo.

Until you fail your stun check =P

chainlock
01-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Until you fail your stun check =P

Never fails.

Hash
01-23-2012, 12:48 AM
The reason I say DT isn't quite as good as BS is cause I seem to have better results locking down the enemy with BS to use a potion than with DT, though that could be a result of my combo string. But yeah, DT does have better dps than BS in PvE.

My combo + vamp needs very little potions .. I use all down skills (mobs hit a lot slower when you do it that way) and vamp tends to cover my hp when they hit at all different times :) or you could use a stunlock combo, that should really cut down how many pots you're using. plus, i'm reasonably sure that down/stun is 100% in combo, so it doesn't make much of a difference

cadacus_ater
01-23-2012, 07:44 PM
My combo + vamp needs very little potions .. I use all down skills (mobs hit a lot slower when you do it that way) and vamp tends to cover my hp when they hit at all different times :) or you could use a stunlock combo, that should really cut down how many pots you're using. plus, i'm reasonably sure that down/stun is 100% in combo, so it doesn't make much of a difference

You intrigue me. So do you not use LS in pve or am I reading into your comment too much ;)
All joking aside, I suspect you use LS 9 or 12, DT 15, SG 20, BS 9 in your pve combo....

I'm speculating your use of down skills in combos, with their longer cast times, contributes to the mobs' longer periods between attacks. As for my preferred combo, it works well so long as I don't bite off more than I can chew. Although I can't do much comparison on potion use, as I haven't used stunlocks or pure down combos since DT, I think most of my issues in pve are unrelated to my combo. While it is faster than some pve combos, it shouldn't have any holes in stun+down, except for a seemingly negligible, but entirely optional window during Double Slash: VI, Combo > LS > DS > BS > VI...

My combo's theoretical time is usually 22.4 seconds for the first 11 attacks unless I start with VI in combo, at which point it drops to 19.35 seconds (LS end) or 20.35 seconds (BS end). Comparing the average dps of a few typical stunlock combos with a couple of my pve combos, I estimated my combos' average dps values are generally 3-4% greater (In one calculation with character status and monster defense fixed, stunlock combos yielded about 2220 and 2250 dps while two forms of my pve combo yielded about 2310 and 2350 dps).

Hash
01-28-2012, 09:20 PM
You intrigue me. So do you not use LS in pve or am I reading into your comment too much ;)
All joking aside, I suspect you use LS 9 or 12, DT 15, SG 20, BS 9 in your pve combo....

I'm speculating your use of down skills in combos, with their longer cast times, contributes to the mobs' longer periods between attacks. As for my preferred combo, it works well so long as I don't bite off more than I can chew. Although I can't do much comparison on potion use, as I haven't used stunlocks or pure down combos since DT, I think most of my issues in pve are unrelated to my combo. While it is faster than some pve combos, it shouldn't have any holes in stun+down, except for a seemingly negligible, but entirely optional window during Double Slash: VI, Combo > LS > DS > BS > VI...

My combo's theoretical time is usually 22.4 seconds for the first 11 attacks unless I start with VI in combo, at which point it drops to 19.35 seconds (LS end) or 20.35 seconds (BS end). Comparing the average dps of a few typical stunlock combos with a couple of my pve combos, I estimated my combos' average dps values are generally 3-4% greater (In one calculation with character status and monster defense fixed, stunlock combos yielded about 2220 and 2250 dps while two forms of my pve combo yielded about 2310 and 2350 dps).

i have SG (20) - DT (15) - LS (12) - BS (9) - DS (20) on my skill bar, and DS only comes into play if i get my combo wrong. this combo makes mobs hit a lot slower and has a great AoE, allowing me to hit more mobs and thus vamp more. it has lower dps, but i generally kill more mobs due to the aoe in these skills, especially in maps like PI. if i wanna kill a particular mob quick (such as to advance in a dungeon) i just use my pvp combo lol

for pi its basically just up to what you prefer, hitting a few mobs with higher dps or every mob with a lower dps .. i prefer the second one as they hit slower and hit me at all different times (reduces the chance of 1 hit from every mob and dying) and i vamp all my HP back :)

I3athtub
01-28-2012, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=Hash;304787]Not good for PvP? What on earth are you smoking?

DT is a must. In PvP it's got a higher dps than LS (at least for me) and it's essential for my pve combo (great aoe, knocks mobs down etc.) great for evading chase skills (especially when a FB uses one of theirs, DT solves the problem of running around and then getting knocked down)

not gonna argue, i made it lvl 20 and it f u c k e n does the job... esp if it crits

Ye, it is kick @ss in pvp ... and it rocks in pve...

and i smoke weed, Winston light or Dovedove One... lol