PDA

View Full Version : Retarget problem

USB-11
01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Hi I'm new at blader and i make my retarget very good but I have a problem..everytime im killing a boss and any random mob come closer...my blader stops attacking the boss and starts attacking the mob, Thing i consider a waste of time and tactic. I wanna know how to make my blader just claw at one monster and not the nearest one instead. Like example, how could i make perfect retarget on the first flower boss of eod b2f? Without even touching the other whose are around?

iDevil
01-04-2012, 08:03 PM
use target self instead of auto target

jimbo
01-04-2012, 08:04 PM
use target self instead of auto target

yeah what she said

USB-11
01-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi thanks for reply, I have 1 like attack (blocked one) E as Select my character and R as Enemy Auto Target...What do you mean with 'target self'? Explain me please

Valdoroth
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Hi thanks for reply, I have 1 like attack (blocked one) E as Select my character and R as Enemy Auto Target...What do you mean with 'target self'? Explain me please
Go to: Options>Key Bindings> look for Target Self > insert a hotkey that you would like it to be. I use Mouse Button 5 (next to my thumb)
It targets yourself obviously, then just either click target the mob, or auto target (click if there are many mobs) and just keep a smooth cycle of attacking, targeting self, and targeting mob.

USB-11
01-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Go to: Options>Key Bindings> look for Target Self > insert a hotkey that you would like it to be. I use Mouse Button 5 (next to my thumb)
It targets yourself obviously, then just either click target the mob, or auto target (click if there are many mobs) and just keep a smooth cycle of attacking, targeting self, and targeting mob.

I checked all the options and there's not any 'Target Self'. Seriously i don't want to upload a video to support what i've already said. Another example is when im making full retarget in TG on a guard, but when any opposite nation player come around, my blader stops retargeting the guard and go for the player. Get it?

iDevil
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
lol under key bindings it's seen as "Select my character", use that binding instead of "Enemy Auto Targeting."

chainlock
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
You have to manually target by using the mouse if more than 1 thing is around.

cadacus_ater
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
lol under key bindings it's seen as "Select my character", use that binding instead of "Enemy Auto Targeting."

This.

You have to manually target by using the mouse if more than 1 thing is around.

This too.

I just use mouse to target, it is an important skill to have in this game. Only time I will ever use auto target is in War or when comboing weak mobs.

Davynelord
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
When nothing is selected as a target, auto-target button always targets the closest enemy...so all you have to do is stand really close to the intended target or if you can, right inside of it. It will only work this way if you fully untarget any attackable objects (mobs/gates what not) and then hit auto-target button.

So it's target, attack, target self (or untarget the mob), retarget it, attack....then just keep it going. it's pretty easy using buttons on the keypad...I use numpad buttons 7 (attack), 8 (target self), 9 (auto-target).....then I just press the 3 buttons in rhythm (which is easy when you have 10-key typing experience like I do)....when I try using the mouse click, my retarget always break and I end up with a partailly waisted BM...

Lastly, I like to use auto-target verse bosses because it's much faster and my coordination with keyboard presses are easier, quicker and more rhymatic than using the mouse...I can BM retarget with one hand....in fact, I never target anything with left click anymore...even in pve I use auto target...after a while you get really good at targeting the correct enemy....I guess it's just gaining experience with it....once you do, you can be as accurate or more accurate than mouse clicking to target.

Overall, just practice, practice and practice some more....experience is the best teacher....took me about a week to get things just right.