PDA

View Full Version : It seems like no one has my problem. Help needed

Elodia
05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
My problems first occurred about a month ago. I was having a lot of bsoding and I could not play for as long as I would have liked ( I have contacted the help desk during that time and the GM that replied was not helpful in any way ). I eventually figured out that it was my GeForce 6200 graphics card causing all the bsoding and Cabal randomly crashing on me. The card was overheating , seeing as how the fan was not working, to help with this problem I plugged in a fan to cool down the computer and I was able to run Cabal just like before this problem had occurred. Now knowing what the problem is I went out and bought a new card, GeForce 250. When I first started playing it was running wonderfully and completely lag free but it soon started up again, the crashing and bsoding. The fan on the card is a lot bigger and running properly like it should so I know that it is not overheating. The new card is also compatible with my processor, Dual Core. So I don't know what else would be causing Cabal to crash on me. I have pretty tried everything I can think, Defragmenting, disk clean up, checking my mouse,etc and the problem is still continuing.Before you ask I have disabled my firewall and I still can't play. Is there anything else I can do ?

Valdoroth
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm having a similar issue that started occurring right after the last gamegaurd update. After figuring out what the error code was and looking it up, it looked as if it was a RAM problem, so I checked and tested that and tried removing my extra memory card, but that proved not to be the issue. I now get one of like 4 different errors each time, but my computer runs fine with any other game. I'm still trying to figure out if I can fix it, or if i have to just wait until the next gameguard update.

Elodia
05-14-2010, 05:59 PM
I have a feeling it's not GG, at least not in my case. I can't play things like Runescape without bsoding other then that it seems like we have the same problem.

ELBOB
05-15-2010, 11:35 PM
try this Possible Solution No. 1:
Disabling auto-restart to see whats causing the problem. to do:

1-right click on my computer
2- click on the advanced tab
3-click on settings for "startup and recovery"
4-uncheck automatically restart tab

Possible Solution No. 2:
(Not Recomended for non-expierienced PC troubleshooter)
Disclaimer: I will not be responsible for any damage cause to your PC. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS - SYSTEMS CAN BE DAMAGED

1. Open the registry editor. start->run-> regedit

2. go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management

3. Double click on "PagedPoolSize"

4. Replace the existing value with the one of the three listed below using hexadecimal
//choose either one
0c000000 <---192mb
10000000 <---256mb
18000000 <---384mb

5. Restart your PC

6. Enjoy cabal

in this method,the "PagePoolSize" allows you to Free some unused memory(acts like a dump)
and prevent common crashes to cabal..

PS: i used the 256mb

Valdoroth
05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
I tried that, but it didn't fix the problem ><, guess, i have to just wait.

Elodia
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
@Elbob- I might try your 2nd suggestion but I don't know if my computer is familiar with troubleshooting

On a side note.. With the new card I got I noticed my power supply didn't have enough watts for the card ( I needed a minimum of 450 ) so I switched out with one that had more watts,650.Unfortunately,Cabal still crashes on me :( . I'm almost at the point where I should just give up on Cabal.. >_<

Elodia
06-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I still can't play without bsoding =(

Sheep
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
get new computer

Wiccaan
06-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Get a tool like Driver Cleaner and fully uninstall your video card driver(s) as you may have old ones still installed as well:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Afterward install the latest up to date driver for your card.

Be sure you run tools like Driver Cleaner in safe-mode to ensure you fully and properly uninstall the drivers.

You can also get another tool called Nasty File Remover for Nvidia files which you should run after using Driver Cleaner etc.:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=582

That will help you locate other files from Nvidia that may have been left behind in previous installs.