PDA

View Full Version : One way to prevent Cabal Economy from collapsing...

Jae Ho Choi
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Now that the bots are gone, I've noticed a lot of Dungeon Entries are now very highly priced. Since I only play in Venus, I don't have a clue about Mercury, but I'd assume it's going through a similar situation. Unlike the Korean server, where number of users are much greater, the US servers don't have as many people and I feel that beginners and users who are at low level are suffering from gathering Alz nowadays. Entry prices are way beyond the break-even point and I hear people complaining about them all the time. I believe it is one of the main causes for inflation in Venus and thus making this server even more unpopular. If you haven't noticed, there has been quite a few server transfers from Venus to Mercury over the past few weeks.

Hence, to settle this inflation of economy, here's what I'd like to suggest:

Option 1: Allow NPCs to sell entries at a certain price (ex. Epaulet of Dead at 2,000,000 Alz) such that players won't lose money by running Dungeons. Does not have to apply for all Dungeons but a few, if necessary (EoD, SoD, etc.).

Option 2:

A. After a certain number of runs, allow exchanging of DP to Dungeon Entry Items or purchasing of a Cube of respective levels (Low, Medium, High & Highest) such that it will match the level appropriateness of the difficulty of Dungeons when opened by a player.

B. After a certain number of runs, allow players to gather points (similar to DP) such that one can trade in to acquire a certain level Dungeon entry item.

What do you think, Nevareth?

Valdoroth
01-27-2012, 04:47 AM
this would just lower the prices of items in game that need to be maintained at a steady value (ex. uch, amp drops, runes)

Jae Ho Choi
01-28-2012, 02:08 PM
No, I never mentioned anything about runes, amp items and such. Only the entry items. And how high is Cabal's drop rate? I'm sure it's not like you get those expensive items every time you run a dungeon, or else you'd be rich like Bill Gates of Cabal. Also I believe the most important item that need to be maintained at a steady value is the entries, and currently it's not working that way. Remember the price before and after the bots were gone? That's a big difference. How many times have you turned away from running a dungeon because the entry price was too high? Yes, a lot more people will start running again once the price goes down, but I don't think that's enough to affect the price of valuable items (EoX+8, PC items, etc.). The absolute number of drops will increase, but at the same time it will attract more players to the server and there will be more demand as well as supply.

Valdoroth
01-28-2012, 08:48 PM
No, I never mentioned anything about runes, amp items and such. Only the entry items. And how high is Cabal's drop rate? I'm sure it's not like you get those expensive items every time you run a dungeon, or else you'd be rich like Bill Gates of Cabal. Also I believe the most important item that need to be maintained at a steady value is the entries, and currently it's not working that way. Remember the price before and after the bots were gone? That's a big difference. How many times have you turned away from running a dungeon because the entry price was too high? Yes, a lot more people will start running again once the price goes down, but I don't think that's enough to affect the price of valuable items (EoX+8, PC items, etc.). The absolute number of drops will increase, but at the same time it will attract more players to the server and there will be more demand as well as supply.
If you alter the dungeon entrie prices drastically, then everything else in game changes since drops are mostly found in dungeons. Thought you'd pick up on that. By making entries cheaper, that would allow players to buy more of them than currently, allowing them to do more, which in turn increases the overall drop totals and lowering their costs since they're more common. Simple supply/demand curves.

Fujisaki
01-29-2012, 05:11 AM
I personally think what has caused alot of dungeon entry prices to go up is the fact that you can't buy Core Enhancers in the cash shop now. So people have no need to buy cores which you can get from alot of dungeons thus increasing the price of dungeons. I only noticed an increase in dungeon keys once the CE vanished from the CS.

USB-11
01-29-2012, 07:10 AM
I disagree. By setting entries at NPC means that more and more alz will be gone of players economy system and therefore disappear..It's not the same buy 10 entries to a seller for 3kk: 30.000.000 alz that would be spent and handover to others sellers...And buy entries to npc for 2kk=20.000.000alz that will go hell cause npc's don't buy items from others..(yes yes, tg pills or crap by 100.000 but not 20kk+ items)

ShadedTear
02-01-2012, 08:56 AM
A possible better method may just be to unbind the ones you can buy in the cash shop. It will lower prices for entries and give EST revenue.

Andrea
02-02-2012, 11:13 PM
eod b2f used to sell from npc fr for 2m each.

sod have been o-priced since day 1 and not just because they removed the enhancers.