PDA

View Full Version : Help a New Wizard

PureDeath
05-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey all,

I have been reading the forums/wiki/fansites for about 2 hours now as my game downloads and have decided that i want to make a PVP wizard. i have played many mmo's such as: WoW, ffxi, mu online, rappelz to name a few but am completely new to cabal. I recently tried to play on the Europe server before i realised the IP blocking issue so i will be starting again over here.

I have a couple of questions that have been like 50% answered from my reading but would really appreciate some input.

1. Is there any server which would be best for a new player to join.. an a economy suited to a wizards needs and lots of active players..

2. is there any way for me to redistributeskill points.. are there a limited amount of skill points .. how does the skill point system work in general.. like i notice there are different ranks .. can points earned in one rank transfer to another.. the only guides i can find are from EU Cabal and they basically say get everything to 20.. i really need a good guide for wizard skills and like a pattern to add points at what levels ect.

3. crit vs amp, what is better endgame and what is better for pvp (what is more expensive)...

4. does anyone know of a good skill/stat/general guide for a PVP wizard, i have been searching for about 2 hours and most of the stuff i see is from like 2007.. also the sticky in this thread is helpful.. i can only understand so much of it due to my noobness

5. does anyone want to be my mentor ?? LOL seriously though could use some knowledge dropped on me.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS, ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

YumCookies
05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey all,

I have been reading the forums/wiki/fansites for about 2 hours now as my game downloads and have decided that i want to make a PVP wizard. i have played many mmo's such as: WoW, ffxi, mu online, rappelz to name a few but am completely new to cabal. I recently tried to play on the Europe server before i realised the IP blocking issue so i will be starting again over here.

I have a couple of questions that have been like 50% answered from my reading but would really appreciate some input.

1. Is there any server which would be best for a new player to join.. an a economy suited to a wizards needs and lots of active players..

2. is there any way for me to redistributeskill points.. are there a limited amount of skill points .. how does the skill point system work in general.. like i notice there are different ranks .. can points earned in one rank transfer to another.. the only guides i can find are from EU Cabal and they basically say get everything to 20.. i really need a good guide for wizard skills and like a pattern to add points at what levels ect.

3. crit vs amp, what is better endgame and what is better for pvp (what is more expensive)...

4. does anyone know of a good skill/stat/general guide for a PVP wizard, i have been searching for about 2 hours and most of the stuff i see is from like 2007.. also the sticky in this thread is helpful.. i can only understand so much of it due to my noobness

5. does anyone want to be my mentor ?? LOL seriously though could use some knowledge dropped on me.

THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME READING THIS, ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

1. Depends what build you go... if you go forc stats and like defense then go Merc since forc m amp for WI is cheaper there... if you like HP then go Venus...

2. There's something called a skilling system in which each time you use a spell, you're skill level goes up. Each time you level up a skill level, you gain 1 skill point to raise the level of one of your magic spells. But, be sure not to waste any skill points on skills you don't need later on since some of the skills cost a lot of money to lower.

3. Crit is better no matter what server you go to. The main debate is actually forc stats or not?

4. This really varies. Like I said in #3, depends what build you go.

5. Some of the top [active] wizzys in Merc:
- Spur
- Cocopuffy
- Meloco
- Chling

Venus [from what I've heard]
- Daxriggs
- Rapchez
- Illusionistz

Rage
05-10-2010, 11:25 AM
the more you start to play the more of this you will figure out what to do. you don't necessarily need to figure out if you want to do cdi or amp build or hp or def build from the beginning. best way to figure out what you like is to play. I prefer keeping m. attack, rate and cdi as high as possible.

oh and btw mercury's economy is terrible from what i hear atm. venus is 10x better anyways.

carowe27
05-10-2010, 11:47 AM
also yeah what you are deciding is what can you afford. doubt you can afford the FC amp that yum is referring too.

and you will need to learn how to handle both pvp and pve so the gear you have will play a part in that.

PureDeath
05-10-2010, 03:44 PM
thanks so much for the replies!

rythemz
05-10-2010, 07:53 PM
So what server are you joining in?

Spur
05-11-2010, 09:11 AM
5. Some of the top [active] wizzys in Merc:
- Spur
- Cocopuffy
- Meloco
- Chling

Venus [from what I've heard]
- Daxriggs
- Rapchez
- Illusionistz

notice how Rage or Candy69 isnt here so he has no idea wat hes talking about =). in this game u cannot mess up on stats nor skills cause u can always change them around at any given time with very low costs. in pvp combo is always used so atk rate and def rate are totally pointless. ure main concerns are HP / Magic Atk / Magic Amp / Crit Rate / Crit Dmg / Defense / HP Steal / Hp Autoheal. every single stat is important so u must maximize them all, sometimes giving up a little of one stat for a bigger increase in another. u need to lvl up to a minimum of 120 to even begin to get a feel of pvp

Chris7
05-11-2010, 09:34 AM
notice how Rage or Candy69 isnt here so he has no idea wat hes talking about =). in this game u cannot mess up on stats nor skills cause u can always change them around at any given time with very low costs. in pvp combo is always used so atk rate and def rate are totally pointless. ure main concerns are HP / Magic Atk / Magic Amp / Crit Rate / Crit Dmg / Defense / HP Steal / Hp Autoheal. every single stat is important so u must maximize them all, sometimes giving up a little of one stat for a bigger increase in another. u need to lvl up to a minimum of 120 to even begin to get a feel of pvp

PureDeath, this is our forum and server retarded wizard, Spur. Pay no attention to him.. he isn't very good =(

Anyway wizards are pretty fun and I'm sure you'd like it better in venus, where the real epic wizards (and most of the other classes) are.

Nanjirou
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Has some tig ole bitties tho.

YumCookies
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM

Wat... ._. :(

Spur
05-11-2010, 10:11 AM
PureDeath, this is our forum and server retarded wizard, Spur. Pay no attention to him.. he isn't very good =(

Anyway wizards are pretty fun and I'm sure you'd like it better in venus, where the real epic wizards (and most of the other classes) are.

its funny how he describes others as himself

Chris7
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM

oh man, you deff win with that comment.

BackUpMENG
05-11-2010, 10:47 AM
oh man, you deff win with that comment.

lolumad now son?

Chris7
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
soo mad lol.

BackUpMENG
05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
kakakakakkaa u better b since u cant 1 shot spur go /reroll bl so u can get closer to 1 shot bromengski

rythemz
05-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Wat... ._. :(

Bad Yum! Cuz you didn't put my name xD

Chris7
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
kakakakakkaa u better b since u cant 1 shot spur go /reroll bl so u can get closer to 1 shot bromengski

nah I think its better to stick with warrior.

didn't you retire lol?

Rage
05-11-2010, 11:16 AM

it's funny how you assume.

oh and you really got me with that one spur. rofl flame more ner.d

BackUpMENG
05-11-2010, 11:21 AM
nah I think its better to stick with warrior.

didn't you retire lol?

Osht, you're right. K. Carry on good sir.

Chris7
05-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Osht, you're right. K. Carry on good sir.

lol cya around BackUpGUY

Spur
05-11-2010, 11:35 AM
it's funny how you assume.

oh and you really got me with that one spur. rofl flame more ner.d

the person who assumes finding it funny i assume as well? that a bit more funny. o and sry if that small flame was enough to kill u

Nanjirou
05-11-2010, 11:41 AM
wind lance is fail. you kno who you are~

Rage
05-11-2010, 11:51 AM
wind lance is sickness.

Nanjirou
05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
lol only thing i have against it is i dont have enough skill points. And you cant use lances in Bm2~

Spur
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
freezing lance > wind lance

Chris7
05-11-2010, 12:29 PM
sharpness is the most important skill a wizard has.

don't have it? gtfuhhh

Rage
05-11-2010, 01:49 PM
freezing lance > wind lance

it's like 10 more attack than wind lance omfg. 3 damage.

PureDeath
05-12-2010, 06:46 AM
thanks for all your help, i decided to play on mercury i level 19 at the moment i was wondering is there another name for freezing lance?? i didnt see it in the skill book, maybe im just tired. Also, what should i do to earn alz?? i dont think i will be able to afford levle 30 skills i need (lances) and i havent wasted money on anything (just hp/mp pots) ??

Spur
05-12-2010, 07:01 AM
it's like 10 more attack than wind lance omfg. 3 damage.

thats the kinda attitude that keeps u from being anywhere near top tier. bos+7 and bos+6 is 1amp 1matk 1add dmg apart which is also only about 12-13 more atk. if these small changes dont matter y did u lvl up? its onli 5 more stat points

Rage
05-12-2010, 07:26 AM
thats the kinda attitude that keeps u from being anywhere near top tier. bos+7 and bos+6 is 1amp 1matk 1add dmg apart which is also only about 12-13 more atk. if these small changes dont matter y did u lvl up? its onli 5 more stat points

sorry i never knew taking the game so seriously was so crucial to my success as a cabal wi.

YumCookies
05-12-2010, 07:29 AM
thanks for all your help, i decided to play on mercury i level 19 at the moment i was wondering is there another name for freezing lance?? i didnt see it in the skill book, maybe im just tired. Also, what should i do to earn alz?? i dont think i will be able to afford levle 30 skills i need (lances) and i havent wasted money on anything (just hp/mp pots) ??

Don't worry, you start to really rake in the money in at around level 75 when each quest starts giving 1mil+. But struggling with money is typical from levels 1 - 64.

Rage
05-12-2010, 07:30 AM

do your quests. they are boring but the higher level ones earn you 1mil per.

Chris7
05-12-2010, 07:51 AM
cmon guys, listen to spur. he can solo pluma with his hp slotted orbs.

Spur
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
sorry i never knew taking the game so seriously was so crucial to my success as a cabal wi.

im glad i can help u realize this, maybe now u will get a chance for top 5 wi on venus

Matrimoney
05-12-2010, 07:54 AM
im glad i can help u realize this, maybe now u will get a chance for top 5 wi on venus

I like how you talk about doing more dmg when you're using a non-PC extended orb, and used to use non-amp boots. Just shhhhhhh K?

carowe27
05-12-2010, 08:04 AM

dang should have come to venus. but anyway lol um earning alz besides the quests. you will be farming mobs. pick up everything and npc. keep dungeon entries and go to them as much as you can. you can get items and put them in the AH to sell to help you bring up your alz to get your skills.
Also check around for your skills. you dont have to buy them from the NPC cause the NPC is normally higher priced. you can find the skill books from other people cheaper.

Rage
05-12-2010, 08:15 AM
cmon guys, listen to spur. he can solo pluma with his hp slotted orbs.

lol!

Spur
05-12-2010, 08:20 AM
I like how you talk about doing more dmg when you're using a non-PC extended orb, and used to use non-amp boots. Just shhhhhhh K?

i like how u got no idea wat im using and think u do. im also glad u think dmg is y ure top

carowe27
05-12-2010, 08:25 AM
gotta love how every topic become Flame thread. this guy gets on for help and answers and everyone just jumps from thread to thread chasing each other to Flame each other.

rythemz
05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
/sad

Spur
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM
/sad

it is pretty sad. these no named wizzies or not even a wizzy talking to me like they know wat theyre saying

Chris7
05-12-2010, 08:54 AM
what's sad is how you think you're good or something lol.

Spur
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
what's sad is how you think you're good or something lol.

sry but u misunderstand, i dont think im good i think im the best please get it straight

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:05 AM
lol the best in mercury is but mediocrity in venus. you're not good.

Spur
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM

well i guess it is different between the servers then. on merc theres the best , very good , good , mediocre and bad. i guess venus only has mediocre , poor , bad , very bad. pretty sad were on 2 totally different scales

O.o
05-12-2010, 09:15 AM

depends on what u mean by "best," when it comes to gears i'll admit venus has better stuff, but because of that venus players (not all) don't know how to build ur character to their maximum potential, just know how to slap on the epic gears you get.

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:21 AM
im sorry, but our scale doesn't stoop down to your level spur.

and in cabal its not that hard to build your char.. unless heavy wizards are more popular over there than I thought? spur is that you? :x

ZetsubouSensei
05-12-2010, 09:25 AM
i can 1 shot spur

cue the ne rd rage

Spur
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM
im sorry, but our scale doesn't stoop down to your level spur.

and in cabal its not that hard to build your char.. unless heavy wizards are more popular over there than I thought? spur is that you? :x

yeh i do tank that well, its as if i was really wearing armor

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:34 AM
lmk when you break 1k defense, tank.

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Must resist troll urge...

Spur
05-12-2010, 09:37 AM
lmk when you break 1k defense, tank.

i will most likely break 1k def with 3700+hp way b4 any venus wizzy ty

ZetsubouSensei
05-12-2010, 09:40 AM
all venus wiz will also get employed and have a nice life before you do

if your strong then k thats nice but do go around bragging how much of ur life uve put into a dam video game

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
lol backup.

spur stop talking about hp. your not good.. what you gonna crit me for 900? okayy lethalheart ):

Spur
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
lol backup.

spur stop talking about hp. your not good.. what you gonna crit me for 900? okayy lethalheart ):

critting for 900 is better than not being able to hit me at all. skill has and will always be > than ure gear

all venus wiz will also get employed and have a nice life before you do

glad to hear u will quit the game aka "have a life" b4 me

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
spur shut the f up son darkd will mutha f'in 1 shot u brah

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
spur shut the f up son darkd will mutha f'in 1 shot u brah

lmfao.

and uh spur.. you can't beat me sorry. keep practicing with the mercury warriors.

Spur
05-12-2010, 09:59 AM
lmfao.

and uh spur.. you can't beat me sorry. keep practicing with the mercury warriors.

getting mad from not being able to 1hit me?

ZetsubouSensei
05-12-2010, 10:01 AM
never said anything about quitting the game =)

Spur
05-12-2010, 10:14 AM
never said anything about quitting the game =)

then ure life will never be diff from mine

Chris7
05-12-2010, 10:16 AM
lol idk how I sounded mad. but if you must know I just broke through 3 doors.. knocked over my tv.. and wrecked my car with a bat. im pretty mad right now idk lol.

but about the one shot part.. if I could one shot a 170 BL with 4.2k hp.. 1050 def.. why would you be any harder? ):

Chris7
05-12-2010, 10:17 AM
lmao did you just say you're gonna play for the rest of your life?

nerrddd?

ZetsubouSensei
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
never gunna stop spamming those nws huh?

and uhhh theres a difference between knowing the limit and not knowing the limit

Matrimoney
05-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Spur you can only be as good as your gear IMO. Alot of Venus WI's outgear you, meaning they have more max potential than you, nuff' said. And no, we don't care about your HP and defense, because your DMG is that of a T1 WI.

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Spur you can only be as good as your gear IMO. Alot of Venus WI's outgear you, meaning they have more max potential than you, nuff' said. And no, we don't care about your HP and defense, because your DMG is that of a T1 WI.

yo bro lets talk this over. in war theres something called a legacy weapon son. its also known as the great equalizer. theres another thing u need to know mengz, its called forc stats for wizards. amp is amp in war, magic atk from stat differences with a leg on is still constant. so unless ur venus scrub wiz got some double amp forc i doubt spur would be doing any less dmg bromengski. o yeeeeee i forgotz spur also got lyk way moar hp than them. kthnx

o ye darkd son u in bm2 bromengski?

carowe27
05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
i guarantee that rapchez can roll you no problems.

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 11:32 AM
If you all keep ridin spur's nuts hes gonna wanna jeez on ur faise later.

That's what I would do anyway.

Doubt you can 1 hit spur if he has Spirit intension/Honor rank title on. Test it on dax let us know how that goes~

Happy I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ ridin ppl.

rythemz
05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I saw dax' name disappeared from Tang's guildboard member list o.O

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Come to think of it~ I havent seen him creepin around at all lately O.O! And I heard other people say that too! Scandalous~

O.o
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
i guarantee that rapchez can roll you no problems.

here's the thing though, more ppl in venus know of spur, than ppl in mercury know of rapchez. which clearly shows which wizard gets more credit and/or is "stronger."
and back in the ogp days, didnt cheeseinacan (a wizard from mercury) roll all ur wizards.

WIpwns
05-12-2010, 01:10 PM
here's the thing though, more ppl in venus know of spur, than ppl in mercury know of rapchez. which clearly shows which wizard gets more credit and/or is "stronger."
and back in the ogp days, didnt cheeseinacan (a wizard from mercury) roll all ur wizards.
cheese has fail non crits rofl

Chris7
05-12-2010, 01:11 PM

are you trying to say that this game is a popularity contest?
not everyone has the need to water their e-penor daily to feel decent about themselves like spur.
I can think of lots of examples where less known chars would take a nice dookie on those that are well known.. sorry D:

and no offense. but cheese only got two skills on rapchez before he was down.
he didn't roll anyone I know of.

Chris7
05-12-2010, 01:15 PM
WIpwns, you have fail non crits and fail crits.

O.o
05-12-2010, 01:23 PM
are you trying to say that this game is a popularity contest?
not everyone has the need to water their e-penor daily to feel decent about themselves like spur.
I can think of lots of examples where less known chars would take a nice dookie on those that are well known.. sorry D:

and no offense. but cheese only got two skills on rapchez before he was down.
he didn't roll anyone I know of.

how else does a player become popular? by not being strong?

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Cheese hardly did anything in venus~

Rapchez doesnt post like Spur does(Who knows if he posts at all?)

I'd like to see Rapchez and Spurs stats =/ Alls I kno is that guy Rapchez scored 500+ points one time in NW~ doubt anyone else could do that.

renji642
05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
how else does a player become popular? by not being strong?

by being a fail forum troll?
by being a fail bringer in nw who is only good with bringer but fails hardcore without it?
by being the most annoying person possible?
scammers?

see? i made you a nice list.

WIpwns
05-12-2010, 01:31 PM
WIpwns, you have fail non crits and fail crits.
hmmm at lvl 150 i crit about 3.3k on a 170 bl in mwar
i remember critting 4k on a 164 fa without a leg =/

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
by being a fail bringer in nw who is only good with bringer but fails hardcore without it?
scammers?

dont bunch me with the fail wannabe trolls like wipwns bromengski.
annoying =/= trolling
ignorance = trolling

Chris7
05-12-2010, 01:32 PM
scammers?

did you read wizforce? ^^^

O.o
05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
scammers?

well... in that case you should be able to name me all forum trolls if not then ur point is unsatisfactory

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
dont bunch me with the fail wannabe trolls like wipwns bromengski.
annoying =/= trolling
ignorance = trolling

u mengz read this?

Spur
05-12-2010, 01:36 PM

i love this line. now explain how they got bringer in the first place and how they held it for over a year

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
i love this line. now explain how they got bringer in the first place and how they held it for over a year

i herd rebron took it from u for like a month and let u have it when he quit WI bromengski

Spur
05-12-2010, 01:38 PM
i herd rebron took it from u for like a month and let u have it when he quit WI bromengski

sry name one that didnt have to build

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:39 PM

i herd he built atk up towers at the right places to help the whole team mengz.
o and took and did moar dmg than uz.

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 01:41 PM

O.O Attack up tower raises magic attack?

Spur
05-12-2010, 01:41 PM

i didnt say those towers didnt help the caps but it was still free points + free atk boost for him. an extra 30 points per war for 7 wars give u an ez 200+ points

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:42 PM
O.O Attack up tower raises magic attack?

duh how u think i 1 shot ppl in war with my cannons bromengski

Chris7
05-12-2010, 01:43 PM

well spur, he wasn't referring to you. but with your mentality.. EVERY post is alll about you (:
why you so insecure?

you know what I think? if we played on the same server, you'd be perm guardian );

BackUpMENG
05-12-2010, 01:43 PM
i didnt say those towers didnt help the caps but it was still free points + free atk boost for him. an extra 30 points per war for 7 wars give u an ez 200+ points

still should have been ez for you since u b da ultimate lvl 170 and he was 151!111111!!

O.o
05-12-2010, 01:44 PM

what about zodi eh?

Spur
05-12-2010, 01:46 PM
well spur, he wasn't referring to you. but with your mentality.. EVERY post is alll about you (:
why you so insecure?

you know what I think? if we played on the same server, you'd be perm guardian );

sure ill be perm guardian when u can 1hit me

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 01:50 PM
why you so insecure?

What ? Who's renji referring to then?~ =(

pottytrained
05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Bl
+7 5% samp 10 % cd forci blade
+9 40% osm
+7 7 amp 100 hp osm armor suit
+7 events sig glove boots +9

Wa
+7 suit boots glove forci amp 7% samp
14/68 osm gs +8

+7 7/40 osm armor helm
bof +7 2x
rof + 10 3x
megaherp ring & rol2
aop +6
eof +8 90 days

all this belong to 1 person on merc.

in an all out fight he most likely will not be able to 1, 2, 3 shots spur.

there is more to the game than slapping on all your shorts, partybuffs, debuffs and try to 1 hit someone.

spur does not wear will. He's prolly the only wiz in merc/venus atm that does not require will to have 3.8k+ hp.

Chris7
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Bl
+7 5% samp 10 % cd forci blade
+9 40% osm
+7 7 amp 100 hp osm armor suit
+7 events sig glove boots +9

Wa
+7 suit boots glove forci amp 7% samp
14/68 osm gs +8

+7 7/40 osm armor helm
bof +7 2x
rof + 10 3x
megaherp ring & rol2
aop +6
eof +8 90 days

all this belong to 1 person on merc.

in an all out fight he most likely will not be able to 1, 2, 3 shots spur.

there is more to the game than slapping on all your shorts, partybuffs, debuffs and try to 1 hit someone.

spur does not wear will. He's prolly the only wiz in merc/venus atm that does not require will to have 3.8k+ hp.

i'm better sorry.

pottytrained
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
doesn't make any differences?

case in point, pvp/pk/Nwar, spur > than you

xEtherx
05-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey all,

alot of what your asking also depends on how much time do you invest in gaming. I say this for 2 reasons. The first reason being that caster gear ( Wiz, FA ) is quite expensive in respect to to some of the other classes.
The second reason is the leveling issue. Taking a character from level 1-140 is fairly easy. If you grind and use premium or Blessing beads this can take 4-6weeks. Its at that point you need to ask yourself do I want to play the 149 and under war and mid level dungeon or do you want to spend an additional 2-3 months grinding to 170 and compete in the 150-170 teir war.
If you wish to go endgame be prepaired to spend on average about 10 billion in gear for a decent geared character. where in the 149 and under teir the players are more casual and little more then basic gear will do just fine. ( A mix of osmium and Shadow titanium ).

A basic template for a wiz is as such.

42%+ crit rate
39-41%+ AMP

2 crit dmg rings
2 ring of luck ( 1 being mergrephs ring )( 20-25%rate total )
rate helm w/2 slot for crit dmg
orbs ( lapis death blow orbs or 1 phery rate in slot DB orb ) depends on your helm
7% M.amp gloves S. titanium grade and up
7% M.amp boots S titanium grade and up
osmium grade suit 7% M.amp 50-100hp
Epaulet of sage +6-7
K sky or Zero black/white board
Vital belt or damp belt
2 Braclets of sage +3 slotted ( amp in slot )
Amulet of pain+ 5 or battler+7 and up
Force regen earrings +4 and up

PvE gear swap options

Vamp gloves 3% or greater mystic grade and up
White board
Extortion braclets
Vamp earrings +4 and up
Vamp amulet +4 and up

as to what swaps you use is up to you. everyone has a different opinion.

Good luck and have fun.

rythemz
05-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Good job Ether

Spamzor
05-13-2010, 06:09 AM
Oh gj ether would help any one who needs general idea of wat is needed gear wise

DeathWish24
05-13-2010, 06:17 AM
what level do you use for EDC?
Debate pleeze.

rythemz
05-13-2010, 09:33 AM
12, because I have no more points to lvl it up.

WIpwns
05-13-2010, 12:41 PM
18 atm o.o

CNJRP
05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
15 edc, 18 sc.

DeathWish24
05-13-2010, 06:08 PM
so im guessin like 12 for pve and 15-20 for pvp and warski?

yo wizforce whats yo pvp combo son?

O.o
05-15-2010, 05:50 PM
i keep it at lvl 9 along with sc because it spams in my bm2, which according to spur sux, but for me it works wonders for pve, and for m. war. But if u wanna have the best pvp combo, its best to keep edc and sc on 20... and for those who dont have enough skill points you probably are wasting ur skill pts on resist intention and/or sharpness.

Spamzor
05-16-2010, 07:09 AM
15 edc, 18 sc

Lehsyrus
05-16-2010, 08:30 AM
I am a wizard, not very high level (level 47) but i thought i would add some input. Your INT is what you need to focus on, it is obvious but i am being serious, don't try to keep anything even until you can use the best equipment for wizards because as you do need some STR and DEX the amount of INT you need will be up in the 200-300's while the amount of STR and DEX will be down in the 50-80 range.

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Lances and cannons set to 20 EDC and SC is honestly an opinion. some like 12-15 for dps others like 20 for high dmg and amp. I personally keep EDC and SC at 18. Arctic Field at 15, this would be higher but I leave it at 15 for my stunlock combo.

Lehsyrus is kinda right except dex will be a bit higher then stated. max your int and only keep str and dex at the exact stat as required for your weapons and armor. also I wouldn't even look at forcium until near or beyond lvl 150.

O.o
05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Lances and cannons set to 20 EDC and SC is honestly an opinion. some like 12-15 for dps others like 20 for high dmg and amp. I personally keep EDC and SC at 18. Arctic Field at 15, this would be higher but I leave it at 15 for my stunlock combo.

Lehsyrus is kinda right except dex will be a bit higher then stated. max your int and only keep str and dex at the exact stat as required for your weapons and armor. also I wouldn't even look at forcium until near or beyond lvl 150.

i wouldnt look at forcy period, unless it has like 5+ amp

xEtherx
05-23-2010, 09:56 PM
agreed but hes working on the basics. I just lol at all these newby's who run around in forcium and woundering why they Svck. I personally wont touch forcium unless its gloves w/ amp in slot or boots HP will craft w/ amp in slot. I'd much rather have sig boots of amp and extend them.

O.o
05-24-2010, 07:35 AM
agreed but hes working on the basics. I just lol at all these newby's who run around in forcium and woundering why they Svck. I personally wont touch forcium unless its gloves w/ amp in slot or boots HP will craft w/ amp in slot. I'd much rather have sig boots of amp and extend them.

lol now if only i could afford such things

MiLing
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

to my wizards r a owning class(is u have the correct gear that is), between the lvl's 1- 140 it my seem a lost cause but in the long run u will be owning as soon as u understand the class, u have blink, FADE and dash for a reason(WIZARDS CANNOT TANK) SO USE IT!!!!!!!
if u say u can tank it's because the ppl u r up against do not have FAIL gear, if they had good gear u would be dead.
i got some more tips to share later so stay tuned,

P.S
please rate my first vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPnshXqmSzQ

Yours Truly'
MiLing

MiLing
05-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Guys,

to me wizards r a owning class(if u have the correct gear that is), between the lvl's 1- 140 it my seem a lost cause but in the long run u will be owning as soon as u understand the class, u have blink, FADE and dash for a reason(WIZARDS CANNOT TANK) SO USE IT!!!!!!!
if u say u can tank it's because the ppl u r up against have FAIL gear, if they had good gear u would be dead.
i got some more tips to share later so stay tuned,

P.S
please rate my first vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPnshXqmSzQ[/url]

Yours Truly'
MiLing

Spur
05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
yep i only give handicap to the weaker people but too bad even the strong cant handle a real pvp