PDA

View Full Version : Problem downloading files

thankyougod
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
The Cabal starter fails to up-date the necessary patches in order for the game to start. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Specs:
Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU 2.00 GHz
4.00 GB (RAM)
Windows Vista

Windows Firewall: Inactive
Norton Anti-Virus 360 Firewall: Active
Connected to a modem through a ethernet cord
Modem located at home

sn0wXz
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
The Cabal starter fails to up-date the necessary patches in order for the game to start. Anyone have a solution to this problem?

No i dont, if you already tried click checking files button, i would just uninstall the client and redownload the client from cabal.com if you already attempted downloading the patch for the client updater from the download page. (ones patch for ogp client, ones full est client, not just the patch)
hope it helps some .. gl =s

Bowkill
04-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Shutdown any firewall programs you're using. Are you behind a router? at a school? All three of those might have an effect on the launcher downloading the files it's supposed to.

thankyougod
04-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Norton 360 shut down my firewall because it says it can provide better protection.
This laptop is connected to a modem, that has multiple excess ports, through a ethernet cable.
Currently residing at home.

Even though I shut down the firewall of my laptop and of Norton Anti-virus 360, the problem continues to exist.