PDA

View Full Version : FS for war?

Archer
05-12-2010, 08:08 AM
I recently started training a FS that I plan to use to farm t1 (or possibly t2, depending on how fun/boring t1 is).

However, I have no experience with a FS in war; so I'm not sure if I would be better off going mFS or sFS.

To me, it looks like mFS would be the better choice, due to good dps and range, making better use of AoD / MB.
The only thing that sFS seems to have going for it are huge AoE skills.

But, again, I've never played FS in war, so I could use some help from people who have experience with this.

I have a little over 4 bil to spend on this char, and I'm on Venus, to give you a rough idea of what equipment I can get.

xXCrusadeXx
05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
go sFS for war, if its properly geared you can do alot better

Archer
05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Really? Does the AoE make such a big difference, or am I just missing something?

With the gear I'm planning, my stats would be:

880-ish attack
46% rate
55% amp
154% dmg

Would that be enough for a sFS to perform well in war?

ForumHavoc
05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Really? Does the AoE make such a big difference, or am I just missing something?

With the gear I'm planning, my stats would be:

880-ish attack
46% rate
55% amp
154% dmg

Would that be enough for a sFS to perform well in war?

With range comes Mortal Bane and range fireworks in t1 and t2. Just keep that in mind. Then again sfs have legs.

YumCookies
05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
SFS have the highest burst damage output in war thanks to the leg and the 100% CDI from shield splinter :)

Sabuvok
05-12-2010, 07:03 PM
sFS + leg > mFS +leg

chainlock
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
sFS + leg > mFS +leg

I've noticed that, legacy lowers my m.atk, but raises everything else. Otherwise I wouldn't use it.

potentialFS
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I ran around 930 attack, 55 amp, 41 rate and 151 cdi on my sFS. I was pretty much top 3 if not 1st consistently in T1. The one mFS I seen did fairly decent, but it's all personal choice really. sFS is pretty much a tank with burst damage. mFS is like a wizard in armor using cannons with constant damage.

Archer
05-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for all the help, guys!

Even though sFS is the favorite so far, I'm still leaning towards mFS.
I figure as long as it isn't completely horrible, I can make it work well enough.

I've been playing my WA for a long time now, so a magic-based class would be a nice change of pace.

Marth
05-12-2010, 08:58 PM
A poorly geared sFS will beat a good geared mFS in war due to the difference in skills. If your sole purpose for creating a FS is to farm NW then go sFS.

KonCon
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I agree with marth, it takes a mFS with almost godly gears to match the scoring potential for sFS with decent gears. The main reason is shield splinter, with its 100% damage. YOu can do lvl9 and spam it every second or lvl it higher for max damage every hit, but either way splinter is the breadwinner.

chainlock
05-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Well, my mFS is only 129 and I've only been playing for 2 weeks or so now, but every sFS I've seen I've been better than in every way so far. Even my Splinter shield only does 200 less damage than most of them on the last crit hit, but the rest of my damage is much faster and higher. I can also solo PvE maps and dugeons a lot more effectively than they do.

KonCon
05-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Well, here's the thing with splinter. You go to a crowd, throw splinter and everything turns blue. 200 more damage x how many u hit and spread it out during the duration of war. Big difference as war goes on. If u have dps combo with the lowbie skills and have enough base and amp, damage is faster (u can throw a skill 1.5 seconds or less in combo, which is faster than lances). Also, sFS has higher def and it allows them to stay in the pocket longer and tanking also gives u more points. In Venus, Sirrazer has epic gears and theres a bunch of low level sfs with good gears (not epic) that can outscore him. This is t3 war btw.

carowe27
05-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Sfs ftw

chainlock
05-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Well, here's the thing with splinter. You go to a crowd, throw splinter and everything turns blue. 200 more damage x how many u hit and spread it out during the duration of war. Big difference as war goes on. If u have dps combo with the lowbie skills and have enough base and amp, damage is faster (u can throw a skill 1.5 seconds or less in combo, which is faster than lances). Also, sFS has higher def and it allows them to stay in the pocket longer and tanking also gives u more points. In Venus, Sirrazer has epic gears and theres a bunch of low level sfs with good gears (not epic) that can outscore him. This is t3 war btw.

http://cabal.mmosite.com/content/2008-11-04/20081104185406439.shtml
There are only a few sword skills as fast as a lance/cannon, and the damage for them doesn't compare. You could also argue that because you have to spend more time chasing and getting close that you will do less damage over all. It depends on the player there. Defense really depends on gear, the stat difference from having all str or all dex is very small.

YoungForum
05-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Cant down a mFs cause i never played one but i can say T1 for me as a SFS is pretty easy. SS+Legacy+Crit+Crowd=Major points. Your def is good. And to be honest i see Aod(not Aod+mb) workin better for a SFS in war especially in a crowd due to the fact if u use it in a crowd ur AOE and SS will get u alot more points that Cannons/lances and i usually get a few kills in a crowd before everyone realizes to run lol.

ForumHavoc
05-13-2010, 08:23 AM
This is what you can do with average lame gears as an mfs. Without BM or Leg.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/ForumHavoc/CabalVer101-100218-1101-0001.jpg

Archer
05-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Awesome, thanks Havoc. That's about what I score with my WA in a good game. (Though I do more around 1.7m dmg, and take around 500-600k.)

Can I ask, how do you generally do in 1v1 in war? Anything in particular that gives you trouble?

ForumHavoc
05-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Awesome, thanks Havoc. That's about what I score with my WA in a good game. (Though I do more around 1.7m dmg, and take around 500-600k.)

Can I ask, how do you generally do in 1v1 in war? Anything in particular that gives you trouble?

Well of course I'm in t3 now, everyone kills me. However in T2 i would say a sFS, WA with a Legacy weapon in their hand makes me run away. But i would back up, play fade game, mb, hope for knock down and they are basically 50/50 from their. Wiz, Archer, BL, FB defence are so low, their dmg isnt a problem even with a Atk/Def boost from a Legacy weapon. Unless they are really good geared. 1 vs 1 with a Wiz will never happen, they are too busy looking for a mob to AoE in. I say sFS and WA give most problem because with a legacy in their hand their dmg is really OP, not to mention extra def to their already bulky status.

As for general 1 vs 1 I shouldn't have a problem.

darkrage
05-13-2010, 11:28 AM
i have been away from war for near a yr so i took my 150 fs to t3 for the 1st time my stats are 889 att 38% s amp 140% dmg and 956 def and i must say for not going to war for a long period of time my fs rocked i got 120 score without doing any type of building which i think is pretty good for the average gear i have and just attacking procs. i know once i get the gear i need for my sfs i'll be in the top 5 easy

Marth
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
FS don't need LW in nation war to beat people, just use your regular weapons. :D
At least thats what I do majority of the time. LW overrated!

yomo
05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
i like LW cause when i go bm1 aura and MB, i hardly ever die =D

KonCon
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
http://cabal.mmosite.com/content/2008-11-04/20081104185406439.shtml
There are only a few sword skills as fast as a lance/cannon, and the damage for them doesn't compare. You could also argue that because you have to spend more time chasing and getting close that you will do less damage over all. It depends on the player there. Defense really depends on gear, the stat difference from having all str or all dex is very small.

sFS has at least 5 skills that have at least 1.5s cast time or less in combo. U just line them up and combo away and mix up splinter and s. break along the way. And dont underestimate their damage because they are lowbie skills. Same concept applies to lances, they are lowbie skill but when you get to 160+, their damage starts to hurt. They crit just as hard as lances and faster so for pure guardian farming or pvp, they are effective in nw. Chasing and getting close is not all the time and it depends if its a big war or not. Of course if ur mFS, ur style kinda follows FA or wiz with range but unless ur near center with lotsa space to dash/fade, most of the action is in the narrow alleys or close quarters near bases.

KonCon
05-13-2010, 07:38 PM
FS don't need LW in nation war to beat people, just use your regular weapons. :D
At least thats what I do majority of the time. LW overrated!

I hardly pick up LW at all, I would say 99.9% of the time I dont have LW.

Spur
05-14-2010, 07:31 AM
in pvp / pk mFS is generally stronger than sFS. but the thing with war is the legacy weapon, which highly favors the sFS. if u like the range and kinda leaning towards mFS anyway it still can succeed so do wat u like

xXCrusadeXx
05-14-2010, 10:14 AM
in pvp / pk mFS is generally stronger than sFS. but the thing with war is the legacy weapon, which highly favors the sFS. if u like the range and kinda leaning towards mFS anyway it still can succeed so do wat u like

true, mfs can most liekly down someone easier if its 1v1, but t1 and t2 has always been about mobs of enemies, and I can attribute my survival and dmg output to the fact that i could mob multiple enemies at the same time with ss, se...now its harder in t3 just cause ull take more damage and faster, but it still pays to be sfs