PDA

View Full Version : Blade Advice

Hash
05-12-2010, 11:49 PM
so i have a blader thats almost 150, and im starting to wonder about new blades that i want. What would you all recommend? 2x forcy blade +6 7% s amp or 2x forcy blade +6 10% cd (possibly a DB one). Stats are about:
Over 900 attack (not 100% sure cabal is down for m/a)
40%-50% rate on all skills
60-80% damage (without my current blades [2xRedosm +6 20% cd])
30-37% (im not 100% sure right now)

carowe27
05-13-2010, 07:27 PM
um neither of that combination. if your gonna get a Forcy have one 7% s.amp and have another one OSM DB. depending on your rate and DMG depends on what type of OSM DB you get.

Hash
05-15-2010, 01:00 PM
thanks for the reply. I was thinking of doing that and having a osm kat +7 40% damage (if i can ever afford a SeH) and a forcy blade +6 7% amp. although I doubt I would ever have enough alz for that

Hash
05-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Any other opinions/comments would be greatly appreciated

Hash
05-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Bump

InFamousBlaze
05-17-2010, 04:12 AM
i say for you to get 2x forcy blade +6 7% s amp because some bladers sometimes lack some amp even with buffs. but forcy blade 10 cd is good to because bladers have low dmg but idk im FB xD

carowe27
05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
i say for you to get 2x forcy blade +6 7% s amp because some bladers sometimes lack some amp even with buffs. but forcy blade 10 cd is good to because bladers have low dmg but idk im FB xD

Hash do not listen to this info. me personally i have 49% amp and thats cause of the 1 FC amp sword, without it im 42% so that is really decent amp to have.

also you dont need to have a 40% dmg osm a 30% crafted one will do just fine and alot cheaper because no SEH required.

Hash
05-17-2010, 09:05 PM

I don't really have a low amp if I get 1 blade ... So I won't be lacking amp really ... I think i'll go with carowe27's suggestion ... With this I'd have over 1k attack and a decent amount of amp and cd and I don't really want to be lacking in cd ... Thanks anyway but I prefer the other idea ... Except maybe redosm db instead of osm db .. Thanks for the replies but ... Also I was wondering if the added 7% amp and the higher attack of 2 FC blades instead of just 1 would come equal to the loss of CD ... I have a feeling that it won't but I just had to make sure

cadacus_ater
05-24-2010, 05:24 AM
I personally go for cdi in everthing I can, amp everywhere else. Don't feel like spending 600m extra to get an amp forc when I crit harder with cdi. High attack and amp will never make up for low cdi and they aren't adequate for war but for bossing they might be ok. Still you will hit significantly harder with a higher crit damage. I'm trying to get 150+ cdi and 950+ attack but I don't have the alz for it yet.

Hash
05-26-2010, 07:50 AM
I personally go for cdi in everthing I can, amp everywhere else. Don't feel like spending 600m extra to get an amp forc when I crit harder with cdi. High attack and amp will never make up for low cdi and they aren't adequate for war but for bossing they might be ok. Still you will hit significantly harder with a higher crit damage. I'm trying to get 150+ cdi and 950+ attack but I don't have the alz for it yet.

I know that harder crits are better for pvp as it's basically a crit battle, but I tend to do pve and dungeon running a lot as well, and amp is better for pve ... I tend to prefer consistancy rather than relying on crits to kill things, that way I know exactly when I can solo bosses and dungeons rather than relying on luck. Also for bl bm2, amp > cd and I always use bl bm2 for boss hunting and dungeon bosses. Thanks for your opinion but those are the main reasons I don't want a full crit wep build. I think I'm going to go with 1x Forcium Blade +6 7s amp and 1x Forcium Blade +6/7 10cd (the 10 cd forcy blade as I tested it with a damage calculator and the forcy 10 was > than osm 30cd +7 and the extra attack of the forcy makes my amp more efficient. The forcy +7 is more expensive than an osm 30cd by a large amount, but it is a lot cheaper than 40% cd osm. I know that this build may cost a large amount of money that I don't have right now, atleast 1.3b with a +6 10cd and around 2b for the +7 10cd ... But I gotta start at somewhere :P) thanks for the replies, they all contributed to my descision on blades, along with the EU cabal forums n_n

oXIo
05-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Tested forc cd blade and forc amp blade on my blader. Difference is about 9 dmg stronger on filler crits[amp blade], and about 15 dmg more on non crits while LS crits were about 25 dmg stronger [amp blade] . Difference is minimal for the price difference IMO. I personally just use DB tit with a forc 10% and do fairly well.

WIpwns
05-26-2010, 09:55 AM
potatoes

Hash
05-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Tested forc cd blade and forc amp blade on my blader. Difference is about 9 dmg stronger on filler crits[amp blade], and about 15 dmg more on non crits while LS crits were about 25 dmg stronger [amp blade] . Difference is minimal for the price difference IMO. I personally just use DB tit with a forc 10% and do fairly well.

Hmm .. that does change it a bit .. just curiously were they both Forcy +6 blades (both the amp and 10cd) and did u test bm2? also were the tests done in pve or pvp ?

oXIo
05-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Yes, both +6 and tested in pvp. Haven't tested in bm2.

Hash
05-26-2010, 11:17 PM
errr ... it doesnt make sense ... on non crits right now with 7% amp i do more than 15 damage more .. and i have less than 1k attack (i have around 900ish) so wouldnt non crits be a lot more than just 15 damage more with 7% more amp and with over 1k attack

oXIo
05-26-2010, 11:41 PM
errr ... it doesnt make sense ... on non crits right now with 7% amp i do more than 15 damage more .. and i have less than 1k attack (i have around 900ish) so wouldnt non crits be a lot more than just 15 damage more with 7% more amp and with over 1k attack

That's just what it was when I tested it. If you really want to know exact numbers, use lasthour's dmg calc.

Hash
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
yeah i did .. the crit damage is slightly lower with an amp, but it is higher on non-crits ... almost equal in amount .. amp is slightly better damage overall (if its exactly 50% crits) on LS ... although if i get 1 +7 10cd blade, the amp would be better by a larger amount ... amp is also a lot better for bm2 than CD unless i use aura aswell as bm2 ... im still thinking ill go for 1x amp and 1x cd, although for now ill get 2x cd until i can afford an amp one .. thanks oXIo

cadacus_ater
05-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Once you get well geared enough, you can get away with a crit build for bossing easily, even in bm2. Unfortunately, those builds cost somewhere around 3-4 bil or more. But amp is slightly better overall for bossing, in most cases.

Hash
05-31-2010, 03:43 AM
But amp is slightly better overall for bossing, in most cases.

Thats probably better because i like to boss hunt and dungeon run aswell as pvp .. i generally spend about the same amount of time on pvp, war and dungeon running

Sheep
05-31-2010, 04:38 AM
you have too much rate. swap out a rol for a cr2.
i would use one forcy amp weapon, and the other osm db.

Hash
05-31-2010, 05:01 AM
you have too much rate. swap out a rol for a cr2.
i would use one forcy amp weapon, and the other osm db.

sorry .. too much rate ? i only have 40-50 rate on all skills lol .. if i trade out a rol then i only have 30-40

Sheep
05-31-2010, 06:30 AM
well, tbh, you only need your 3 rols. everything else should be all crit.
try getting a mergy ring + 2 rols and everything else be crit.

Hash
05-31-2010, 01:47 PM
lol ive got the mergy ring + 2 rols .. so ur just saying get rid of my rate helm ?