PDA

View Full Version : A little problem when trying to upload a signature I made.

lugalo
05-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a problem with the signature I'm trying to upload. At first I tried to upload the sig I made but it reduced the quality of the sig after I uploaded it, making it blurry and such, so I deleted it from my profile. I then noticed it said "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller)". The picture I was trying to use as my sig was 728x90. So I thought by making a few adjustments to it to the way I liked it(so that I could make it 500x90), that it would stop reducing the picture quality when I uploaded it from my computer, but to find out it was still reducing the quality of the pic so I deleted that one too. I copied both the uploaded (728x90 and the 500x90 before I deleted them) files to my computer and looked at the size and for the first picture(the 728x90), it reduced it somewhere around 7 kb, and the modified one(the 500x900) to somewhere around 9 kb. I decided to save some other sigs(from this forum) to my computer only to check file sizes. I noticed that most of the sigs were 100+ kb file sizes(I deleted them of course I don't steal signatures). How do you get sigs that are probably more than the 500x100 picture size and more than the 9.8kb without losing the size or quality of it?

YumCookies
05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Don't use the forum's uploading system. Just upload it on tinypic or imageshack and then copy the direct link. Then go to your edit signature and put it as

INSERT TINYPIC/ IMAGESHACK DIRECT URL HERE

lugalo
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Ah ok thank you it worked. As you can see my signature is here.

mewzy
05-17-2010, 11:57 PM
lol had the same prob, thanks yum ^^