PDA

View Full Version : Lances vs cannons

beowolf101
05-16-2010, 05:47 PM
well i still havn't decided which ones to use
any one gimme help ?
i knwo fa are a dps class but would that mean hititng hard or just pure speed ?
so lances or cannons
or combinations of both ?
also what would be a good lvl to put these at ?

GuardianPat
05-16-2010, 05:52 PM
if you buy lightning cannon, get lightning lance insteadd

WIpwns
05-16-2010, 05:56 PM
terra, fire, aqua lances lvl 20

Cstriker
05-16-2010, 06:22 PM
all lances and cannons at 20. Lances are for dps, Cannons are for AoE so I suggest a dps bar and an AoE bar.

FA is about "breaking" their defense, in other words you have enough magic/dmg/crit that lances will actually be effective. Higher magic = more potent BM2, so unless you wanna be hitting 60-70s like some people try to get as much magic as possible.

beowolf101
05-16-2010, 09:46 PM
k and is explosion shot a good skill or should i stay away fro mit ?

Alleluia
05-16-2010, 10:08 PM
don't get it

SilvusX
05-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Lances for boss, pvp / duels etc for highest dps
cannons for pve, or when there is a stack of procs / caps in war (with GD as well of course)

Nanjirou
05-17-2010, 09:05 AM
terra, fire, aqua lances lvl 20

This

Is what everyone uses. Combo with Shadowshot, Crit shot. lvl 20. I prefer cannons but that's just me. Definitely crit shot and shadow shot thou.

Enso
05-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I use Terra lance level 18, aqua lance level 19, fire lance level 18. But only because it makes combo easier. I don't use cannons ever save for when I use stun lock (which is almost never).

MamaMiaYoe
05-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Terra Lance and Fire Lance are my only lances and they are both lvl 18. I made them 18 so that I could make a revolution out of the dps combo Crit shot (lvl 20) > Shadow Shot (lvl 20) > Terra Lance (lvl 18) > Fire Lance (lvl 18). I think the aim for a dps combo is to revolve your combo back to crit shot (which is one of FA's painful skills) as soon as possible, so adding a third and extra level 20 lance (lets say Aqua like what others do) is a waste of damage.

Nanjirou
05-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Yo Miavi, What is the % amp on your lvl 18 terra/fire lance?

Enso
05-18-2010, 07:29 AM
@Miavii
Level 19 Aqua > Level 18 Fire.

O.o
05-18-2010, 11:19 AM
what i just made an fa, and i dont get how keeping lances at 18/19 will be better than lvl 20, only the cooldown changes not the cast time. meaning it will not help you go back to crit shot any quicker.

Enso
05-18-2010, 12:41 PM
I keep mine at 18/19 because then (because I don't auto combo) I can just press 2, 3, 4, 5, repeat instead of having a convoluted series of numbers that just are hard to keep track of in war.

O.o
05-18-2010, 01:13 PM
I keep mine at 18/19 because then (because I don't auto combo) I can just press 2, 3, 4, 5, repeat instead of having a convoluted series of numbers that just are hard to keep track of in war.

lol y dont u use auto combo?

Nanjirou
05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
@ wiz guy~ Lvl 18/19 lances make it so that your combo is: SHadow shot, crit shot, terrra, fire.

Means you only need 4 moves in your combo rather than 5.

...I think that made sense

Enso
05-18-2010, 03:11 PM
lol y dont u use auto combo?

Combo is on a seperate bar.

WIpwns
05-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Terra Lance and Fire Lance are my only lances and they are both lvl 18. I made them 18 so that I could make a revolution out of the dps combo Crit shot (lvl 20) > Shadow Shot (lvl 20) > Terra Lance (lvl 18) > Fire Lance (lvl 18). I think the aim for a dps combo is to revolve your combo back to crit shot (which is one of FA's painful skills) as soon as possible, so adding a third and extra level 20 lance (lets say Aqua like what others do) is a waste of damage.
thats what my fa uses too
i had enough amp (47) to make up for the missing 2 lvls

ForumFiery
05-18-2010, 05:31 PM
thats what my fa uses too
i had enough amp (47) to make up for the missing 2 lvls

you can't really make up for any dmg you lost nan, just add 1 more lance to the current combo, then you will be able to do all lv20, most people shouldn't have problem with longer combo bars. 47 amp with lv20 lances> 47 amp with lv18 lances. more skills also help in NW when a FA is in BM1, and yea, BM1 can be used if you have legacy weapon. the dmg changes with the number of targets, have more lances help you combo in bm1 with no gravity distortion ( not a good skill to use in bm1, too slow) or combo without bm with lv20 SS

beowolf101
05-18-2010, 05:54 PM
you can't really make up for any dmg you lost nan, just add 1 more lance to the current combo, then you will be able to do all lv20, most people shouldn't have problem with longer combo bars. 47 amp with lv20 lances> 47 amp with lv18 lances. more skills also help in NW when a FA is in BM1, and yea, BM1 can be used if you have legacy weapon. the dmg changes with the number of targets, have more lances help you combo in bm1 with no gravity distortion ( not a good skill to use in bm1, too slow) or combo without bm with lv20 SS

ok +1 for bm2 part
-1 for the bm1 part i would rather go bm1 aura stacked then bm1 extend
and really should only use bm1 with leg -.-

ForumFiery
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
ok +1 for bm2 part
-1 for the bm1 part i would rather go bm1 aura stacked then bm1 extend
and really should only use bm1 with leg -.-

we are on the same page, but, you are wrong about bm1 aura stacked, FA don't need rate, especially given the fact that FA only use bm1 with legacy weapon. given that your defense is decent, I rather go bm1 and extend, have 1 bar of bm1 and half bar of bm1 aura, hit harder for longer. that extra rate is not really needed since (5 base+20 legacy weapon+11 astral, 1 rate ring/rate helm) unless anyone want to have 1min less of bm bonus to use no rate ring nor rate helm and stack bm1 and aura.

Cstriker
05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
You need a seperate bar for BM1, and I dislike BM1 because the damage reduction for the split is just retarded, because the damage is reduced for each target and then it's reduced even more because of their defense. If you find a situation where there will only be 2 targets in range for awhile then BM1 is worth it, but any other time it's horrible.

YumCookies
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Neiro combo.
Crit shot (20) -> Terra lance (19) -> Fire lance (20) -> Aqua lance (20)
Infinite lance loop.

Cstriker
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Neiro combo.
Crit shot (20) -> Terra lance (19) -> Fire lance (20) -> Aqua lance (20)
Infinite lance loop.

Why would you want an infinite lance loop when shadow shot is stronger then all of those end game?

ForumFiery
05-18-2010, 06:56 PM
You need a seperate bar for BM1, and I dislike BM1 because the damage reduction for the split is just retarded, because the damage is reduced for each target and then it's reduced even more because of their defense. If you find a situation where there will only be 2 targets in range for awhile then BM1 is worth it, but any other time it's horrible.

agreed with the dmg issue, but beware that the dmg only splits if there are multiple targets, no split when there's only 1 target. Also, your dmg in bm1 will be far greater compare to none bm, I dont' mind hitting 3 people get once for 2k each on a lance, compare to 5k on 1 person, because the fast casting time you can still kill them fast, it's like lances with added AoE, also, the bonus help you break through people's def.
however, I totally disagree that you need a separate bar for BM1, provided that the only skill you can't use is SS, and I don't recommend using GD. also, GD should not be on your dps bar anyways, given that all the skills you need on your dps bar is critical shot, shadow shot, and Shooting Star, aside from that, it should be all lances, which means your bm1 bar is your dps bar if you don't have cool down problems, and with enough lances you won't have any.

Cstriker
05-18-2010, 07:23 PM
agreed with the dmg issue, but beware that the dmg only splits if there are multiple targets, no split when there's only 1 target. Also, your dmg in bm1 will be far greater compare to none bm, I dont' mind hitting 3 people get once for 2k each on a lance, compare to 5k on 1 person, because the fast casting time you can still kill them fast, it's like lances with added AoE, also, the bonus help you break through people's def.
however, I totally disagree that you need a separate bar for BM1, provided that the only skill you can't use is SS, and I don't recommend using GD. also, GD should not be on your dps bar anyways, given that all the skills you need on your dps bar is critical shot, shadow shot, and Shooting Star, aside from that, it should be all lances, which means your bm1 bar is your dps bar if you don't have cool down problems, and with enough lances you won't have any.

You do realize that unless ESTsoft fixed it in a recent update that if you're in BM1, you don't get the extra crit dmg from crit shot... right?

YumCookies
05-18-2010, 08:57 PM
Why would you want an infinite lance loop when shadow shot is stronger then all of those end game?

Sorry left out shadow shot.
Crit shot -> Shadow shot -> Terra lance (19) -> Fire lance -> Aqua lance.
There's the infinite combo ^_^

beowolf101
05-18-2010, 09:06 PM
we are on the same page, but, you are wrong about bm1 aura stacked, FA don't need rate, especially given the fact that FA only use bm1 with legacy weapon. given that your defense is decent, I rather go bm1 and extend, have 1 bar of bm1 and half bar of bm1 aura, hit harder for longer. that extra rate is not really needed since (5 base+20 legacy weapon+11 astral, 1 rate ring/rate helm) unless anyone want to have 1min less of bm bonus to use no rate ring nor rate helm and stack bm1 and aura.

em fa only get 15 rate from leg
the astral bow effects don't activate its just pure rate from leg

what i meant is that i rather have elevated dps but just not at the expense of one of the most painful fa skills
rather have elevated dps but not longer than i have to

MamaMiaYoe
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
I went pass 3 lances already ever since my orbs were changed to amp, so I'd still stick with the lvl 18 lances, 2 lances is enough for a magic amp build fa..in my case I have 64% magic amp which really boosts up crit shot... the critical rate of crit shot compared to lances is of course HUGE..I think you all know that. thus I say once again, the goal of dps is to return to crit shot and make use of its immense damage, if a revolution is a must - Theres huge chance of critting with crit shot.

The three level 20 lances (or 19) are also good, especially for crit dmge builds. Neiro had his skills set lke that because his orbs are crit dmge forcium orbs. if we compare base dmge, sure lances are higher, but isnt it all about crit, pve and pvp?

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 07:07 AM
You do realize that unless ESTsoft fixed it in a recent update that if you're in BM1, you don't get the extra crit dmg from crit shot... right?

yea, what I mean by bonus is extra magic+ def compare to none bm or aura only. it has nothing to do with crit dmg bonus on crit shot....

em fa only get 15 rate from leg
the astral bow effects don't activate its just pure rate from leg
what i meant is that i rather have elevated dps but just not at the expense of one of the most painful fa skills
rather have elevated dps but not longer than i have to

check again, it's not 15. and extended bm1 gives you more dps because you are in bm for longer, a assume you don't get killed with bm1 and legacy that is.

O.o
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
@ wiz guy~ Lvl 18/19 lances make it so that your combo is: SHadow shot, crit shot, terrra, fire.

Means you only need 4 moves in your combo rather than 5.

...I think that made sense

and y is 5 moves so bad

Enso
05-19-2010, 10:47 AM
and y is 5 moves so bad

It takes longer to get back to the higher DPS skills.

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 10:50 AM

disagree, if you only depending on couple skills for dps, then you going to fail regardless of how many skills you use. all lances should be your dps skills, why else would you have them on your dps bar?

O.o
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM

how would adding another atk in ur combo slow down your dps skills. we are talking about crit shot and shadow skills which cool down is not affected by how many skills you have on ur skill bar. so no matter how many skills u add to ur skill bar it will always go back to crit shot when crit shot is ready to be casted.

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 11:20 AM
how would adding another atk in ur combo slow down your dps skills. we are talking about crit shot and shadow skills which cool down is not affected by how many skills you have on ur skill bar. so no matter how many skills u add to ur skill bar it will always go back to crit shot when crit shot is ready to be casted.

apparently they dont know how to skip skills in middle of combo. but again, you shouldn't depend on crit shot and shadow shot, other skills can do dmg that's fairly close to those 2

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
yea, what I mean by bonus is extra magic+ def compare to none bm or aura only. it has nothing to do with crit dmg bonus on crit shot....

check again, it's not 15. and extended bm1 gives you more dps because you are in bm for longer, a assume you don't get killed with bm1 and legacy that is.
ur seriouse they fixed it ?o.o
but yea est still hasn't fixed it (bm1)
fa bm1 is glitched they take away aoe from skills and the effects of crit shot by this i mean i don't wnana be losing one of the most painfull skills

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
ur seriouse they fixed it ?o.o
but yea est still hasn't fixed it (bm1)
fa bm1 is glitched they take away aoe from skills and the effects of crit shot by this i mean i don't wnana be losing one of the most painfull skills

bm1>none bm, Bm1+aura>aura. that's the bottom line, even with weakened crit shot, the statement still hold true

MamaMiaYoe
05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
crit shot> shadow shot> terra lance> fire lance> crit shot FTW

Enso
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
What I meant was....
Crit shot > Shadow shot > Lance > Lance > Repeat
Has more DPS than...
Crit shot > Shadow shot > Lance > Lance > Lance > Repeat

Which was the point. Crit shot and Shadow shot have more DPS than lances do, that's a fact, and the more you can use them in a repeating combo, the better.

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 12:21 PM
bm1>none bm, Bm1+aura>aura. that's the bottom line, even with weakened crit shot, the statement still hold true

yea i see ur pt but i still don't liek the fact that bm1 is uber fail for fa T_T
+ i would only go bm1 when i got a leg
but usually i prefer aura and leg + combo and if bm2in cd then aura leg combo + aos and ocasional SS

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 12:59 PM
What I meant was....
Crit shot > Shadow shot > Lance > Lance > Repeat
Has more DPS than...
Crit shot > Shadow shot > Lance > Lance > Lance > Repeat

Which was the point. Crit shot and Shadow shot have more DPS than lances do, that's a fact, and the more you can use them in a repeating combo, the better.

not if all your skills are not lv20, period.

yea i see ur pt but i still don't liek the fact that bm1 is uber fail for fa T_T
+ i would only go bm1 when i got a leg
but usually i prefer aura and leg + combo and if bm2in cd then aura leg combo + aos and ocasional SS

bm1 combo and extend with aura and combo> aura and combo. and don't waste your aos if you are not in bm2

crit shot> shadow shot> terra lance> fire lance> crit shot FTW

at lvl 20 your combo can't continue after the first round, enough said

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 01:30 PM
not if all your skills are not lv20, period.

bm1 combo and extend with aura and combo> aura and combo. and don't waste your aos if you are not in bm2

at lvl 20 your combo can't continue after the first round, enough said
usually i end up using lvl 20 SS as meh 11-12th skill in my combo caus ei usually break past 12 D:
so thats why i don't like bm1 no SS in bm1 >.<
and through out the war theres one time when bm2 barly starts too cool when aos is barly up

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
usually i end up using lvl 20 SS as meh 11-12th skill in my combo caus ei usually break past 12 D:
so thats why i don't like bm1 no SS in bm1 >.<
and through out the war theres one time when bm2 barly starts too cool when aos is barly up

I suggest put all of them at lv20 and use more skills, your combo is not good in terms of dps if skills are not lv20

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I suggest put all of them at lv20 and use more skills, your combo is not good in terms of dps if skills are not lv20

my combo is
shadow shot crit shot tl fl aq then repeat but SS ( shooting star) is liek my 11-12th skill caus ei su.ck at combos 12 + =-=

jrock
05-19-2010, 03:49 PM
What stunlock combo do u guys use pve wise? And when you use the stunlock combo, do you use it in combo mode or just normal?

Enso
05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Uhm... Level 20 Shadow shot > Level 20 Lance... I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

ForumFiery
05-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Uhm... Level 20 Shadow shot > Level 20 Lance... I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

did anyone say otherwise?

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 07:04 PM

+1 lmao

Matrimoney
05-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Fiery stop trying to give people advice, that gear you purchased didn't come with any knowledge of this game, ty.

Cstriker
05-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Wait... so you use BM1 to give you extra magic, and you don't use another bar to maximize your dps? To me it makes no sense, why would you have a spell that is basically negated because all of it's damage comes from the bonus crit damage. Also, GD is decent as a finisher in BM1 considering you can't use SS as a finisher, so GD would be the next best which choice which is why i'm saying you need another bar for BM1.

If I was to use BM1 my combo would be Shadow > tl > fl > al > sc/fc > GD finisher to get the most dps out of it.

Cstriker
05-19-2010, 09:47 PM
On another note, the only other viable combo would be Nieros at this point and time, or else you better be keeping the rest of the skills lvl 20.

ForumFiery
05-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Wait... so you use BM1 to give you extra magic, and you don't use another bar to maximize your dps? To me it makes no sense, why would you have a spell that is basically negated because all of it's damage comes from the bonus crit damage. Also, GD is decent as a finisher in BM1 considering you can't use SS as a finisher, so GD would be the next best which choice which is why i'm saying you need another bar for BM1.

If I was to use BM1 my combo would be Shadow > tl > fl > al > sc/fc > GD finisher to get the most dps out of it.

your combo is way too slow in nw, gd is trash, you don't even need it anywhere other than aoe

Enso
05-20-2010, 10:05 AM

Lol, I love how you think that your 5 rotation combo is just as good or better than 4 rotations combos which use higher dps skills more often... you really make no sense. Lol.

Cstriker
05-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Do you not know how to read? GD is the highest damaging skill after SS, which is why it is used as a finisher. The combo would be I think .2-.4 seconds each rotation, and it's better then losing like 1000+ damage because you're using crit shot.

ForumFiery
05-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you not know how to read? GD is the highest damaging skill after SS, which is why it is used as a finisher. The combo would be I think .2-.4 seconds each rotation, and it's better then losing like 1000+ damage because you're using crit shot.

BM1 is just something to boost your dmg and def with when you don't have bm2 or aura the casting time of GD is way longer than other skills, enough said, but do whatever you want.

Lol, I love how you think that your 5 rotation combo is just as good or better than 4 rotations combos which use higher dps skills more often... you really make no sense. Lol.

your skills not even lv20, your over all dps is not greater just because you use crit shot more, you are losing dmg from every skill. and you "lol" too much, there's nothing to "lol" about, break your habit of typing lol in every sentence you write.

beowolf101
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
any 1 else got opinions ?
btw i use all skills at lvl 20 >.< besides GD i believe i left it at 12

MamaMiaYoe
05-20-2010, 08:29 PM
No no no, it's about making use of the skill that crits most and hits harder. You should be glad we have crit shot as a skill with it's rate and amp based dmge.

Cstriker
05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Obviously you use BM1 when BM2 is on cooldown so you can output more dps and have a bit more survivability. I don't know why you're talking about GD casting time when it's a finisher. You might be able to cast almost 2 skills for the cast time of GD, but it's in those situations where unless your next hit kills them, they can escape. It's the same principle of using Shooting star instead of lances for a finisher.

Enso
05-21-2010, 05:45 AM
your skills not even lv20, your over all dps is not greater just because you use crit shot more, you are losing dmg from every skill. and you "lol" too much, there's nothing to "lol" about, break your habit of typing lol in every sentence you write.

Haha. xP I actually laugh *a lot* in real life, and it translates into text. Sorry if I find entertainment in your stupidity.

Uhm, yes using lower level skills is less dps, but the difference is unnoticeable in nearly all situations. You can actually have level 20 skills and have a 4 rotation combo anyway. XD

O.o
05-21-2010, 06:31 AM
in duels are you really going to have to rotate the 4 skills, if you want highest wouldnt you keep lances at 20, cast cs,shadow,2lances, ss and the other person is dead by then.

MamaMiaYoe
05-21-2010, 06:56 AM
In some cases it doesnt , if you pvp a warrior like Gomdole you'll understand what im talking about

O.o
05-21-2010, 07:02 AM
lol poon is gone =*(, but yea i understand wah u mean, still i'd keep lances at 20 (personal opinion)

Enso
05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm not talking about duels. I'm talking about in war. Crit shot > Shadow shot > Lance > Lance > SS will *not* kill a guardian, sorry, just doesn't.

MamaMiaYoe
05-21-2010, 06:54 PM
well im talking about pk and duel... while i can hit an average of 1.150 k <crit shot> on my encounters with level 140-160's , there are also times i have to loop my skill back as quick as possible with classes that have higher defense and hp like fs and wa, it also helps against classes with fast dps i dunno but maybe its just me coz my crit shot hit hard especially against wiz and FA, ive done 1.3's on lvl 140's so that's why i really make use of it as much as i can in a combo

LastHour
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
The all level 20 problem is solved quite easily, just buy a 3rd or 4th lance -.-.

No, looping critical shot can be a silly idea depending on the situation. Critical shot is a weak skill in general, it does not have massive amounts of amp and add damage. It is good because despite this it has insane bonuses that make up for the otherwise weak base. However this means against the right defense, this insane bonus won't be effective as the base is reduced too much. You must remember 200% of 0, is still 0. Most times its not enough to worry about, just know how to look out for the situations in which both its non-crit AND crit are weaker over shadow/lances.

Kohii
05-22-2010, 12:11 AM
ye ye

MamaMiaYoe
05-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Either way both still works. Crit talks more than base in this game, its all about who crits.

Enso
05-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Either way both still works. Crit talks more than base in this game, its all about who crits.

So true...

MamaMiaYoe
05-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Lol What if Crit shot (18)> Shadowshot (18)> 2 Lances (20)..... O.o

WIpwns
05-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Lol What if Crit shot (18)> Shadowshot (18)> 2 Lances (20)..... O.o

nty

Cstriker
05-23-2010, 11:38 PM

K, if crit talks more then base go get 40 crit dmg pheryl orbs and use bm2. Crit is only better then base in pvp, thats it.

btw, stick to being the drama queen and stop trying to make combos.

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 02:13 AM
K, if crit talks more then base go get 40 crit dmg pheryl orbs and use bm2. Crit is only better then base in pvp, thats it.

btw, stick to being the drama queen and stop trying to make combos.
LOL PvP uhm what can I say?...I know!!! ...... OH MY GOD! do you really know how to play the class? :D :D :D I think boss hunting doesnt count as pvp right uhm do you know that? and its only by crit that you could pray to catch up with the countdown of your bm2 oh and soloing dungeons, oh Im sorry, I totally forgot that you cant do that (Martial build requires player skill, are you sure you can handle it?) yeah. or are you referring about grinding? sorry but I'd like my mobs finished fast so i think crit does that.. My My this really shows how ignorant you are. You keep on trying to act like youre so witsy and you know everything when all you do is troll on people who overpowers your knowledge, how insecure are you anyway, is it to the extent of 100 percent? "Ouch?"

I was asking a question - "What if" duuuh if youre reading and giving effort to work that comprehending skill, then surely you'd understand that I wasnt making combos but just asking our friendly neighborhoods out there what they think about it.

beowolf101
05-24-2010, 06:24 AM
LOL PvP uhm what can I say?...I know!!! ...... OH MY GOD! do you really know how to play the class? :D :D :D I think boss hunting doesnt count as pvp right uhm do you know that? and its only by crit that you could pray to catch up with the countdown of your bm2 oh and soloing dungeons, oh Im sorry, I totally forgot that you cant do that (Martial build requires player skill, are you sure you can handle it?) yeah. or are you referring about grinding? sorry but I'd like my mobs finished fast so i think crit does that.. My My this really shows how ignorant you are. You keep on trying to act like youre so witsy and you know everything when all you do is troll on people who overpowers your knowledge, how insecure are you anyway, is it to the extent of 100 percent? "Ouch?"

I was asking a question - "What if" duuuh if youre reading and giving effort to work that comprehending skill, then surely you'd understand that I wasnt making combos but just asking our friendly neighborhoods out there what they think about it.

imo cstriker >u

zodi
05-24-2010, 06:49 AM
imo cstriker >u

miavi>cstriker

zodi
05-24-2010, 06:51 AM
imo xDDDDD

Cstriker
05-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Lol miavi, you make me laugh. Of course crit helps, but base is way more effective. Like I said, go use 2 pheryl orbs if crit is so muc better. What you did was make a combo, and it failed. Anyone who isn't a retard would take one look at that combo and realize how horrible it was, why would you even suggest it.

I honestly can't even understand how after you suggested that faill combo that you're trying to say you know more than other people. btw, way to contradict yourself. obviously I can't solo dungeons because well lets see... i'm almost never on?

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 08:10 AM
^

obviously I can't solo dungeons because well lets see... i'm almost never on?
No the right statement for that is you never did because you cant. Way to go for that alibi.

I honestly can't even understand how after you suggested that faill combo that you're trying to say you know more than other people

I hope you're not serious with what youre saying, read your post. it leaves me gasping like this >>> =O. How can I be suggesting or making a combo when all I did was ask? you misinterpreted my post. I was asking not suggesting anyone to use it!!!..or maybe you still want to know why I posted..ok, I posted because i received a reply from one of my FA colleague who fyi is also a good FA, Ive brought this topic in our guild FA discussion, and this is a reply I got that made me consider asking, although Im not gunna do this, I just want to know what people think. So please before you accuse me of acting that I know more than any ask first before you start lashing out and trolling.

This is a post from our guild boards and the person who did the post is one of our guild's best FA player.

crit shot (20)> shadow shot (20)> terra lance (18)> fire lance (18) and SS ( finisher lvl. 20)
against WI, mFS, FA's coz its all about dps against them.

Sure you dont have that backwards, miavii-sama?

You would be needlessly weakening terra and fire lances, and not at all boosting ur overall DPS.
I remember telling you and Haniel about a Level 18 CRITICAL SHOT and SHADOW SHOT. With lvl 20 lances ONLY.

So the more powerful DPS combo would be, crit shot (18), shadow shot (18), terra lance (20), and fire lance (20).

At level 18, FA exclusive skills with a 1.3 sec casting time, have a 2.1 sec cooling time...
Therefore in combo, with the aforementioned skill setup, the skill release pattern will be: crit shot, s.shot, lance, repeat. (Crit shot, shadow shot, terra lance, crit shot, shadow shot, fire lance, repeat.)

Crit shot, and shadow shot will always come up first, eliminating the need for a 3rd lance.

Also at lvl 18, crit shot and shadow shot still (and probably always will) hit harder than ANY lance (Though I have noticed some discrepancies in this fact, with crit shot, when AoS is triggered).

Also with lvl 18 crit shot and shadow shot, when NOT in combo, those two skills are cooling fast enough that they can be fired together in succession... basically, you can shoot crit shot, and shadow shot back2back, and will NEVER need to use a lance or cannon out of combo... This means, that you can keep an incredible amount of pressure on an opponent in PK.

As Critical Shot is your most powerful fast cast skill... you will literally shoot it every time you shoot shadow shot, and vice-versa.

Cstriker
05-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I could solo up to Chalkris when I use to run FT B1F at 148, but it's pointless going pass that besides the keys because I admit I can't solo Orca. I never cared about PvE, the whole reason I use to play was because of war.

If you posted the reasoning behind it beforehand it would've made more sense, but still i'm almost positive it's a weaker dps combo. If someone wants to do some mathcraft or use a dmg calc be my guest. Crit shot and shadow shot might hit harder then any other lance at 18, but you have to calculate the damage you lose from lowering the skills as well.

Spur
05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
any skill thats not lvl 20 in a standing pure combo pvp is just limiting ureself

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 08:56 AM
any skill thats not lvl 20 in a standing pure combo pvp is just limiting ureself

Yeah? so why cant you win on Haniel in pure combo pvp with his 18 lances?

Spur
05-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah? so why cant you win on Haniel in pure combo pvp with his 18 lances?

lol wow this list can be long...

FA has faster skills than WI
FA has higher base HP than WI
FA has stronger dps skills than WI
FA has a stronger finisher than WI
Haniel has better gear than me

now how come it was 34-16 when it was all out pvp?

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 09:05 AM
:) exactly.

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 09:09 AM
A lvl 18 lance can still kill a wiz.

Spur
05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
A lvl 18 lance can still kill a wiz.

but it wont beat an equally geared FA with lvl 20 lances best of 10. its just like a 40rate FA can beat a 50rate WI but it wont beat a 50rate FA

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Okay :)

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
lol

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
lol

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I lol coz you remind me the times you'd run for your life when I pk your 170 wa

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 11:07 AM
hahaha yeah why isnt it true? you ask your viet friends to lend you their 160+ accounts ever since you got your warrior banned in attempts to kill me in pk. but none of them succeeded coz youre too slow for my eyes when you attempt to attack then run and evade me.

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 11:10 AM
oh my god, I dont mean to embarrass you whatsoever but shouldnt I be running instead from a 170 warrior who claims to be really good in nw?

MamaMiaYoe
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
spur = viet and my best friend. i love your stories when your mad and when you claim to be better than someone. i love viets! eat dogs for life mengavii.

But its true! lol you havent played in two years huh, isnt that a very obvious lie? wait do you remember that time when you had loit, 1shotknock, fend, and sonstyle regrouped near skeletons in BI. I was lvl 148 back then I found your spot went at the middle of your team used aos and 30 amp pots spammed my skills then all of you died? xDDD

flykrnrom3o
09-30-2010, 12:08 PM
who is loit i know he is a troller, who is fend and sonstyle. son mengavii, i got no sons, your really starting to scare me now. maybe i dont want my reputation tarnished by some crazy psycho who thinks shes beautiful with no tits. dont tarnish my beauty.

Thats what breast implants are for.... ( . )( . )

Roopo
09-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Thats what breast implants are for.... ( . )( . )

the fkc is wrong with you? you bring up a thread over 4 months old... do you search "tits" in the search bar? the fkc man?

Drifter
11-15-2010, 02:23 PM
i know the trick to the problem with 5 lances but its a bit tricky but it allows you to go into crit shot and shadow shot.

the three main lances : Terra (20), Fire(20), Aqua (20)
and the skills all FAs love:Crit Shot(20), Shadow Shot(20)

crit shot>shadow shot>terra>fire>crit shot>shadow shot>aqua>fire>crit shot>shadow shot>terra>aqua

Shooting Star as finisher of course. 5 lance problem solved ^^