PDA

View Full Version : Quick slots

DreamQuake16
07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
Can someone explain to me why peoples quick slot bars are so difficult. it's nuts. I mean the pots are in the middle of the bar, the attacks are all over the place the fade/blink and the dash were on completely other sides. I mean I picture people that are playing with this kind of bar making a troll face at the screen as their fingers look like Mister Fantastic. I guess I just don't understand. It is possible to keep it simple. For FB for example which I am and was for a decent amount of time
bar 1 (fade and dash) (attacks) (combo) (pots) and for the extension bar bm1 and aura then debuffs.
bar 2 the same as bar one except for war
bar 3 buffs
bar 4 bm3
it isn't difficult to not be difficult.
Whatever you are comfortable with I guess, right? can someone explain how that is comfortable though? maybe post screenshots of your quick slot bars and explain how they works?

Valdoroth
08-01-2012, 11:53 AM
You can alter any of the keys, so the positioning on the quick slot honestly doesn't matter. You could alter all the keys to be numbered left to right as =-0987654321 if you wanted.

DreamQuake16
08-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Well, yes that is true I didn't think about that. but why does it need to look confusing. Just for an example if you look at any of CathyXIII's videos on youtube her bars are all kinds of strange. I guess I just like my stuff basic xDDD

Cathy
08-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, yes that is true I didn't think about that. but why does it need to look confusing. Just for an example if you look at any of CathyXIII's videos on youtube her bars are all kinds of strange. I guess I just like my stuff basic xDDD

I play with my fingers resting on 3456, with my thumb on the alt button

I consider it to be very basic. I have hp pot, fade, dash, combo start, heals, and bm all in the exact same spot on all 4 of my bars so i will never mis-click due to being on the wrong bar.

I have my skills set up in a pre-set combo so I auto combo (only manually hitting finishers), with 3 of my bars having a different combo on each, and my 4th bar with bm3 skills.

And so the only difference between any of my bars is the skills that I use in combo.

DreamQuake16
08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
That does make it sound pretty basic