PDA

View Full Version : Too much Rate Resist for PvP and Nation Wars

forumtwizzler
08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
In time, people will be crafting resist rate boots and glove. Add a 3 rate resist charm, a not-so hard to get 3 resist rate pet , Hnr 20 and a not-so expensive first slot rate resist bike slot.

The result is :

9 (charm , glove , boot) - already 3 gloves has been crafted so far in fc, and it has not even surpassed 1 week !
10 (hnr 20)
3 pet (quite common)
4 (bike) - and the stronger players have 3 slots filled with resist rate to epic bike craft with 2 rate resist slot

Total = 26. an average player wth say, 55 rate will now crit at 24% and infact in a standard dev. because of the low rate the result will less than 20% resist rate. Add SI in war on top of that , and what is the result ? on top of that each rate above 50% requires max rate; I think the value of rate resist should be cut to half; or the BASE MAX rate should be lifted to 60 (10% max rate) and the BASE RATE should be increased from 5 to 10. Either that or remove 10% rate resist from hnr 20 and replace it with 15% amp resist.

Does anyone agree with me ?

xDromarx
08-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Nope.

xDromarx
08-21-2012, 10:32 AM
You're retarded if you think osm gear with a few resist is going to make any character op. Have fun with your 0 defense and hp.

Also if you remember the 'interview with the developers' thread, then you should realize that this is an obviously intended change. They didn't release any numerical information but they did express an intent to change the damage calculation formula and to buff defensive stats so that they can compete with offensive ones. Consider this a first step in that process.

Cathy
08-21-2012, 11:05 AM
You're retarded if you think osm gear with a few resist is going to make any character op. Have fun with your 0 defense and hp.

Also if you remember the 'interview with the developers' thread, then you should realize that this is an obviously intended change. They didn't release any numerical information but they did express an intent to change the damage calculation formula and to buff defensive stats so that they can compete with offensive ones. Consider this a first step in that process.

This is correct. Next update there won't just be crit and non-crit either. There's gonna be Piercing and Bulls-eye. There will also be a "Damage-Dealing Stance." Make good use of them and you will still be dealing out good damage.

But either way, "good damage" doesn't exactly mean 4 shotting people, and it shouldn't. Increased defense and hp, along with additional resist rate, and future changes in the way defense is used in the damage equation, is really a necessity considering how easy it is to get your offensive stats up atm.

BigBoy
08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
didnt read posts

Lyro
08-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Think outside the box. 9 from gear (as stated), 10 from honor (as stated), pet:3 (as stated), then if u get the perfect resist rate bike (ill use mine as an example) 5 craft + 4 + 4 + 4 (from triple slot) = 17. 9 + 10 + 3 = 39 already. Get a panda. G_G 49 Resist rate wakaka. If you achieve this, then until the next update as the stated above, practically non-crittable (still killable though, just a pain in the ass to kill)
EDIT: Oh yea I forgot to mention SI, another 8%.

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
08-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I think he has Valid concern, 3 resist crit rate armor is not only osm I've seen a few forcium pices too. At the moment we don't know exactly what's the crafting rate but it already seems like its much higher than before. Considering his example of 26rcr if like he said the average player get that much. Who knows some high end players might make ur rate 0%. Even if episode 10 will introduce new things how long do we have to wait for that? We're gonna be hitting 500 per lance on ppl for a year? Sword classes with long cast time skills that never crit? I don't think u guys know what osm rcr gear can do lol it doesn't matter how much deff u got if ppl don't even crit you. Maybe the craft rates r low n were over exaggerating but if we're not. Things are going to get ridiculous.

forumtwizzler
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I think he has Valid concern, 3 resist crit rate armor is not only osm I've seen a few forcium pices too. At the moment we don't know exactly what's the crafting rate but it already seems like its much higher than before. Considering his example of 26rcr if like he said the average player get that much. Who knows some high end players might make ur rate 0%. Even if episode 10 will introduce new things how long do we have to wait for that? We're gonna be hitting 500 per lance on ppl for a year? Sword classes with long cast time skills that never crit? I don't think u guys know what osm rcr gear can do lol it doesn't matter how much deff u got if ppl don't even crit you. Maybe the craft rates r low n were over exaggerating but if we're not. Things are going to get ridiculous.

4 fc pieces were crafted in less than 1 week. they have 8 amp, 1 slot , 3 rate resist.

This is correct. Next update there won't just be crit and non-crit either. There's gonna be Piercing and Bulls-eye. There will also be a "Damage-Dealing Stance." Make good use of them and you will still be dealing out good damage.

Try using an AOS on an FA locked on you and about to attack with a dash and lance in combo. My guess is you don't freestyle at all. A single kd is sufficient; unless a stance is kd proof ... even then my guess is the movement will be slower, than a regular dash attack in combo. And some people like turco combo on a mob and bend round the corner to get an FK on you (I'm not kidding); when you are say moving behind a relic to break a combo or people like xi, who can time cd of combo in freestyle (even after you bluff combo on a dash) ~ comes back to stun and kill you.

Cathy
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM

Yeah but defense has to be upped considering how high damage output is now. Yes, it is harder to crit people. and people have more cd resist so even on crits we do lower. But have you taken into account how hard some people hit?

I can see why people are concerned that people are too tanky, but I think its even more of a valid concern that people are hitting too high. I personally can 3 shot a lot of wizzies in t5..., and I rip through WA's in cat/bear and FB's in bm1 as if it were nothing. Not only me. A lot of t5 players hit just as hard if not harder.

Valdoroth
08-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Yea, rate resist is annoying. That's where amp is nice. Next update has some major changes that we don't know diddly about yet because it hasn't been tested or released yet. It's safe to assume that it's for a future purpose. Just bear with it for now, and try yourself to get good stuff. That's all we can really do anyways.

Though the new crafting system isn't very flexible in variety, which I greatly am dissappointed with. The first option should be the only one that is constant to what you chose. Atm it would appear any 2nd or 3rd options are fixed, and not randomly from the base game options. They need to alter this a little. That's a different discussion though.

forumtwizzler
08-21-2012, 03:40 PM
I personally can 3 shot a lot of wizzies in t5..., and I rip

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/chistiya/warscore.jpg

what you claim you can do, even I cannot do. and my damage given to damage taken ratio is 2:1; (3.5 m dmg given 1.75 dmg taken score = 523. be realistic. this was my score 2 hours before i traded off my items to get a second 14 amp piece (i am currently w/o gears). rate resist is OP, specially for WI in war with SI. Also like I said before there are already 4 fc craft with 8 amp 3 rate resist and 1 slot.

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/chistiya/crafts.png

We have players who are almost as strong as melee as dromar in the guild - some have 2x 14 amp pieces with 3 rate resist crafted in slot, bike - each amp does roughly 32 or so dmg in 5 lances, cabalc.com, for pvp DEFENSE and HP is undervalued; and the addition of these crafts will make a bigger difference. like i said go freestyle a few and see where you end up : most people talking in the forums have no concept of PvP (and by that i don't mean standing 1 2 3 combos)

and some of you may disagree: each rate resist = 1.5 amp easily. 207 def on fc and the 1 slot >= 14 amp siggy pieces.

DanteX
08-22-2012, 12:15 AM

what you claim you can do, even I cannot do. and my damage given to damage taken ratio is 2:1; (3.5 m dmg given 1.75 dmg taken score = 523. be realistic. this was my score 2 hours before i traded off my items to get a second 14 amp piece (i am currently w/o gears). rate resist is OP, specially for WI in war with SI. Also like I said before there are already 4 fc craft with 8 amp 3 rate resist and 1 slot.

We have players who are almost as strong as melee as dromar in the guild - some have 2x 14 amp pieces with 3 rate resist crafted in slot, bike - each amp does roughly 32 or so dmg in 5 lances, cabalc.com, for pvp DEFENSE and HP is undervalued; and the addition of these crafts will make a bigger difference. like i said go freestyle a few and see where you end up : most people talking in the forums have no concept of PvP (and by that i don't mean standing 1 2 3 combos)

and some of you may disagree: each rate resist = 1.5 amp easily. 207 def on fc and the 1 slot >= 14 amp siggy pieces.
not sure if you posted that pic by mistake but thats resist amp o.o

cronic21
08-22-2012, 12:15 AM

agreed BUT, I believe ur main purpose of this thread was bc like u, others have put every dime they had into wat was previously* the best possible gear. and now there is new better gear and kinda hard to get back those said alz from cb or extended gears already owned(and to have to buy new gear without being able to do or sell previous gear isnt quite fair). but again, i do believe there is too much rcr now, and like val said, big dissappointment with no variety of given stats in crafts, they are all resist.

and others talked about ep10 etc(which is far far away), where it states 1000def is = to 35% dmg taken off. so no crits + -35% of ur dmg (bc im sure average player has at least 1k def) = a long boring very few death/kill wars. but then, new war is supposed to be based more on conquering the other teams fortress, so i think their trying to force ppl out of actual pvp.

Sprite
08-22-2012, 12:21 AM
lolwhat resist rate only comes on glove master crafts.

forumtwizzler
08-22-2012, 04:08 AM
not sure if you posted that pic by mistake but thats resist amp o.o

I posted it by mistake; and like Xi says it comes in gloves only. I am pretty sure I saw some gloves with the rate resist. I think silentwars already has one. The point is all of this is not so hard to craft.

Still put 3 on pet, 3 on glove, 3 in charms, 10 hnr and say a rate resist in first slot of a bike = 4 : 23 resist in pvp
And for those in WAR add SI. And like I said some of the best player have bikes with 3 slots filled with rate resist; 2 in my guild already have them. For someone carrying a 55% rate : they are getting 22% rate in pvp and much less in war - and because of st.dev the reality is the rate will be around 19-18% , which is too low.

Cathy
08-22-2012, 04:51 AM

Look at Itashi's HP. lol.

Mixie
09-27-2012, 12:44 AM
I like it the way it is. I havent looked at all the synergys for all classes but in bm3 i got around 90% crit rate. so minus all that rcr and right around where it would be normally.