PDA

View Full Version : Pet Training

GoughGhan
04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Pets are a store house of abilities to augment their masters powers.

Starting off their training at level 1 they gain experience with you as you level until they reach level 10. The can have 1 skill per level and at level 10 they gain a special appearence.

Each level of a pets life they have a slot like an item which you can augment with astral force abilities. This in essence makes a pet an accessory to house special skills for your character.

Skill table:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2zpv6u9.gif

Skill addition is performed at the Core Alchemist NPC and costs alz determined by the level and a single Force Core Highest.

* Levels 1~5 = 1,000,000 alz
* Levels 6~8 = 2,000,000 alz
* Level 9 = 3,000,000 alz
* Level 10 = 4,000,000 alz

Upgrade Window:

Upon success a random skill from the table above is applied the outcome cannot be pre determined.

http://i38.tinypic.com/30tjk2p.pnghttp://i37.tinypic.com/o9qr01.png

Other pet options:

Pet rename card - Available at the Port Lux Grocer this card costs 100,000,000 alz. A renamed pet cannot be seen by the apposing nation on war channel/map they will only see the pet type name for example "Dire Boar" instead of your pets real name be it "Fluffy" or "Ralph".

Pet sleeping kit - Planned for cash shop, this item will allow you to seal a pet and trade them.

Pet untrain item - This removes the enchants from all slots in a pet.

Sabuvok
04-10-2010, 01:54 PM
http://cabal.mmosite.com/items/pet.shtml

this website has pictures of all pets including lvl 10 version

iJokerx
06-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Um Im new to Cabal And I know this isnt the right topic to ask but i just need someone to answer my questions.

Where do you buy pets?
How do you get more skills points. I know you get them by skill rank. But where can i gain Skill exp faster?

iNub
09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Um Im new to Cabal And I know this isnt the right topic to ask but i just need someone to answer my questions.

Where do you buy pets?
How do you get more skills points. I know you get them by skill rank. But where can i gain Skill exp faster?

Depends what level you are iJokerx. You need to find an enemy with low attack, but high defense and HP. Next, you should use skills opposite youre main attack skills. Ex: WA use sword attack skill so use magic attack skills to not the kill enemy too quickly. Pets only gain Exp when you use attack skills. (Buffs, dash, fade, normal attack ect do not count as attack skills.)

Adept gear and things like that don't affect Pet Exp, but you can get:

1. Premium service
2. Pet Exp blessing bead
3. Pet Exp bonus (rune essence - up to 50% at Lv 10).

Pets do not recieve Exp when attacking a dummy. If you check the help guide it says that pets now recieve exp if you're skilling on a dummy if you have trans skills. I've been afk skilling on dummies sooo many times and you do not gain pet exp from them.

You can buy a pet from the cash shop or from the auction house.

If you just want to skill and not level your pet, then you can use the dummies to gain skill exp. There used to be all kinds of crazy requirements for this like you need to have Premium Service to skill on dummies and then they changed it so that everyone can skill on dummies if you're over a certain level (I think it was around 90) and then when you did skill on dummies you could only gain 1/3 of the skill exp needed to get to the next rank. Ex: 33 / 99 You couldn't gain 34 skill exp from dummies. So now, I have no idea what's going on with them as I haven't skilled on them for over 120 levels. (:

Leveling a pet takes a long time!! It's ok from 1 - 5, but then as you level to 6 it seems like it takes as long as it did to get from 5 - 6 as it did to get from 1 - 5. When you go from 7 - 8 (as I currently am) it's a nightmare. I have 165% Pet Exp Bonus with premium, event and rune essence and my pet recieves 0.01% Exp every 25sec (or 1.00% per 40 - 45mins). In 11 hours my pet gained roughly 13% Exp. That's 11 hours of spamming magic arrow and aqua arrow.

There's talk of higher level skills give more exp, but since you need to train your pet by attacking mobs we don't want to kill them too fast so novice skills are fine.

I hope this post makes sense. I fell asleep 8 times while writing it and can't think clearly at the moment. Narcolepsy is a b!tch!

Tramier
09-05-2010, 01:47 AM
as far as skilling goes, you can now skill on training dummies from level 1 and up, and can gain all your skill points from them, which pretty much makes adept gears unnesecary, tho they do allow you to skill a bit faster

iNub
09-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Very nice. (: