PDA

View Full Version : martial or battle?

relentless1
05-20-2010, 11:38 PM
im really knew to the fa char. i was wondering which is better for archers martial or battle. ive heard that alot of people use martial. i would like to know how this benifits the char.

Alleluia
05-21-2010, 05:42 AM
martial makes a FA more powerful, but more squishy at the same time

relentless1
05-21-2010, 02:54 PM
ah, thnks

YumCookies
05-21-2010, 03:10 PM
If you like to pvp/ war/ pk more then I'd say martial is a better choice. Battle is more of pve.

ForumFiery
05-21-2010, 03:10 PM
as mFA, you get more magic, but your defense fail, if you can't get forcium amp I would just go martial. also, martial FA have trouble in CA, which make it hard to lvl.

in my opinion the order for FA should be Forcium battle> Martial > Osm/TG battle

Cstriker
05-21-2010, 03:48 PM
You really won't be worrying about going martial or battle until around 100+, where you will be planning on long term gear. Martial allows you to hit harder, and allows your BM2 to have better potential. Battle gives you a bit more defense and survivability, but unless you have forc FAs are always going to be squishy, martial or not.

ForumFiery
05-21-2010, 04:00 PM
mFA hard to lvl to 170, if you gonna be martial, lvl it with battle gears first lol

but again, Forc>Martial> osm/tg battle because of the reason Cstriker stated

Enso
05-21-2010, 04:14 PM
I have no trouble leveling as a martial FA. Just need average vamp gear and know how to mob cornus.

ForumFiery
05-21-2010, 05:16 PM
I have no trouble leveling as a martial FA. Just need average vamp gear and know how to mob cornus.

the most efficent way is CA. PF is useless after 155

LastHour
05-21-2010, 05:45 PM
the most efficent way is CA. PF is useless after 155

Eh I disagree, cabal is not a hard game to level. It'll take more time than the hax exp CA gives, but its still nothing like traditional korean grinders.

Naitfoobathog
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Martial-pve only/in pvp 2 hits are enough
Battle in my oppinion ,if u get the items you need...you could deal a really imba damage both pve pvp and reach even 700 def..

My oppinion :battle>martial

Spur
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
that would really depend how endgame ure talking about. if ure able to get forcy 7amp with hp steal/amp/hp then battle can be better. if ure able to get full event sig u can still maybe argue battle > martial. if u are using teragrace/osm or below then martial 100% better

O.o
07-01-2010, 04:01 PM
mfa all the way

ESTForum
07-02-2010, 07:46 PM
If you plan to play your class as it is meant to be... go battle. You NEED fc to run FT2 and do your job as a healer. Otherwise go play another class.... if you like pvp, play a WA or BL.

Enso
07-02-2010, 09:42 PM
If you plan to play your class as it is meant to be... go battle. You NEED fc to run FT2 and do your job as a healer. Otherwise go play another class.... if you like pvp, play a WA or BL.

I would have to disagree with your implication that force archers are bad in PvP.

The dps that force archers deal out (both martial and battle) is high enough to outweigh any defense disadvantages. Also FA's can have high HP so they can withstand large amounts of damage.

beowolf101
07-03-2010, 08:02 AM
I would have to disagree with your implication that force archers are bad in PvP.

The dps that force archers deal out (both martial and battle) is high enough to outweigh any defense disadvantages. Also FA's can have high HP so they can withstand large amounts of damage.

they don' thave high hp
they have the 2nd lowest in the game
but i gotta say its pretty decent
around 130 it will be about 3k

xXPrecisionXx
07-03-2010, 09:55 AM
all i'm getting from fiery is "gobble gobble gobble crap crap crap"
don't take advice from alz buyers.

http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html ftw.

MamaMiaYoe
07-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Just dont be a fail example of Martial FA like Celija. and if ure gunna get rank 16 honor make sure a FA like me who has less hp and level wont make u eat snow three times. considering Im Terra Battle build. and oh dont QQ too and ask ur guildies to help you kill me coz thats just a shame.

O.o
07-04-2010, 08:29 AM
aww mia thats not nice =x

oXIo
07-04-2010, 08:31 AM
martial for war

LastHour
07-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Just dont be a fail example of Martial FA like Celija. and if ure gunna get rank 16 honor make sure a FA like me who has less hp and level wont make u eat snow three times. considering Im Terra Battle build. and oh dont QQ too and ask ur guildies to help you kill me coz thats just a shame.

For someone who hadn't slept well before you irritated him, I think making you respawn 5 times before giving up and letting you kill him twice was pretty good. Your just as bad as the people on venus who win 1/20 pvps against the tang then go bragging about it on forums like they want some kind of internet award.

MamaMiaYoe
07-12-2010, 07:11 PM
For someone who hadn't slept well before you irritated him, I think making you respawn 5 times before giving up and letting you kill him twice was pretty good. Your just as bad as the people on venus who win 1/20 pvps against the tang then go bragging about it on forums like they want some kind of internet award.

BAAAH (=.=) Youre just as bad like this, youre just as bad like that. Thats what people say when theres hate. They obscure on the facts because of anger and try to make up excuses. letting me kill him twice my a** ( oh not my a** its off limits), sorry but Failija was too slow for my eyes and you saw that continuos combo, the pressure that brought him down and made my name oh-so-red if you were one of his two guildies that were there watching ^.^ go ahead and lie, protect Failija. I found it easier to kill Failija in combo rather than go bm2 and get knocked down. Forgot 4.1 k hp and resist crit stats were there, thought 1 2 3 process would kill the beowtch but nope I was wrong, I admit.. infact made me learn more about the dangers of going bm2. and it was yeah...shocking...to fnd out that just a normal mode combo would do the job. ;) not to sound like bragging but seriously Hisano, CasseyRene, phantast1c and Jathniel can put up a good pk fight than that bismexual drunkard Failija... FO SHO!.
Killing in pk and posting in forum as an internet award? xD lol...For you information, it is a common habit of mine to flame all pathetic people in forums. My rule of thumb, dont start with me, and who started? oh and tell him, I hate him for drinking too much and pm'ing me his lame "night life" during th old times and I hope he is not doing the same thing to CryBebe. Its creeps me out just by thinking!

AlphaFB
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM
martial ugly...go battle

Diablo
07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
BAAAH (=.=) Youre just as bad like this, youre just as bad like that. Thats what people say when theres hate. They obscure on the facts because of anger and try to make up excuses. letting me kill him twice my a** ( oh not my a** its off limits), sorry but Failija was too slow for my eyes and you saw that continuos combo, the pressure that brought him down and made my name oh-so-red if you were one of his two guildies that were there watching ^.^ go ahead and lie, protect Failija. I found it easier to kill Failija in combo rather than go bm2 and get knocked down. Forgot 4.1 k hp and resist crit stats were there, thought 1 2 3 process would kill the beowtch but nope I was wrong, I admit.. infact made me learn more about the dangers of going bm2. and it was yeah...shocking...to fnd out that just a normal mode combo would do the job. ;) not to sound like bragging but seriously Hisano, CasseyRene, phantast1c and Jathniel can put up a good pk fight than that bismexual drunkard Failija... FO SHO!.
Killing in pk and posting in forum as an internet award? xD lol...For you information, it is a common habit of mine to flame all pathetic people in forums. My rule of thumb, dont start with me, and who started? oh and tell him, I hate him for drinking too much and pm'ing me his lame "night life" during th old times and I hope he is not doing the same thing to CryBebe. Its creeps me out just by thinking!
i heard u always kiss his ass until one day you realized you couldnt kill him, then u start hating him
true story LUL

Enso
07-13-2010, 08:25 AM
martial ugly...go battle

Only on male characters...

AlphaFB
07-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Only on male characters...

female martial still ugly

Kohii
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
wth? Has cabal changed that much? Jesus, I thought Miavi was Celija's #1 fan haha. Martial = war, dungeons, pk. Battle for uhh tanking warriors and bladers?

Enso
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM
female martial still ugly

Only bluestin. o.o

LastHour
07-13-2010, 07:39 PM
wth? Has cabal changed that much? Jesus, I thought Miavi was Celija's #1 fan haha. Martial = war, dungeons, pk. Battle for uhh tanking warriors and bladers?

Its more like...

Battle:
For the FAs who are too dense to hit and run at the sight of bm2 wa/bl and actually think they can tank it ->

AlphaFB
07-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Its more like...

Battle:
For the FAs who are too dense to hit and run at the sight of bm2 wa/bl and actually think they can tank it ->

obviously u haven't seen any good battle fa

Kohii
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM

you haven't either :P, no one has.

Chris7
07-14-2010, 02:10 AM
imo, matrial is goood

battle is endgame.

LastHour
07-14-2010, 02:31 AM

Cuz cabal is about defense and not damage, prove me wrong.

Thats why AoD FS > bm1 FB, just ask DH :).

/sarcasm off

BackUpMENG
07-14-2010, 06:09 AM
doesnt matter i 2 shot them both

AlphaFB
07-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Cuz cabal is about defense and not damage, prove me wrong.

Thats why AoD FS > bm1 FB, just ask DH :).

/sarcasm off

Obviously fb has the best bm1

AlphaFB
07-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Obviously the current top fas are battle;)

MamaMiaYoe
07-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Obviously the current top fas are battle;)

Yes thats very true. Well with exception to buttons who quitted. I thought phan would be the next mfa but he somehow changed to sig battle. Yup from SHERMANATOR>Solagel>Lovextreme>Haniel and Phan all of them ...battle. Even Hisano didnt make it and ended up selling his martial gears. Tell me who is currently from mercury thats martial FA? well Jathniel? i am expecting him to prove that mfa is a good end build.

Lets see if venus has martial tops too... do they? coz im just hearing Eternity and Fiery in forums

Chris7
07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
fiery succks and et quit.

but our current top FA's are battle..

Kohii
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Of course endgame would be battle(would have to be epic forcium,) but those items aren't avaliable. So settling endgame build is Martial imo. And I mean settling because it is available.

Endgame Battle: (probably not attainable to have all of it)
Epic Forcium Helm or 7/40 sig/tera/osm helm
Epic Forcium Suit (140 HP, 7% Amp or 14% Amp)
Epic Forcium Gloves (5% HP Steal or 14% Amp)
Epic Forcium Boots ( 140HP, 7% Amp or 14% Amp)

Settling Endgame Martial:
Osmium Martial Helm 7/40
Phantastic's gloves
Osmium Martial Suit 180 HP 7% Amp
Osmium Martial Boots 180 HP 7% Amp

The martial set is more realistic rather than the forcium set. The reason why I stayed martial is because it was more realistic haha.

pottytrained
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes thats very true. Well with exception to buttons who quitted. I thought phan would be the next mfa but he somehow changed to sig battle. Yup from SHERMANATOR>Solagel>Lovextreme>Haniel and Phan all of them ...battle. Even Hisano didnt make it and ended up selling his martial gears. Tell me who is currently from mercury thats martial FA? well Jathniel? i am expecting him to prove that mfa is a good end build.

Lets see if venus has martial tops too... do they? coz im just hearing Eternity and Fiery in forums

You are in no position to say who is a good fa and who is not. Neither you or haniel were around long enough to have pvp/war sherm, solagel or love at their levels.

As for hisano, he's 10x the FA that you or haniel could ever be. and he didn't need to buy/glitch alz for gear.

For someone who can afford 2,3 +7 2sot forci weap and 7/40 helms, you think sig battles/forcies were hard for him to obtain? Hisano chose martial build for a reason.

aren't u glad he's quitting? now you can stop whipsering him shiiet after u get 2 shot in chan 15. oh wait you already went proc.

LastHour
07-15-2010, 03:44 AM
fiery succks and et quit.

but our current top FA's are battle..

[For alpha a bit as well]

I'm sure they can make it work but it doesn't make sense. Aren't you the one who wants to prove you can go around 1 shotting wizzies and a lot of other people? I have nothing against you for that, just pointing out that you're aware of the high damage output some classes like bm1 FB or bm2 WA can do [esp with debuffs like panic/hard luck]. The entire point is that battle won't save them from any less 1-2 shotting or w/e than the martial does, so why not max out on damage and use your range? I know of a 160 mFA who can make it through CA and all, battle isn't a req to save you in PvE. Phan also did all boss solos besides pluma in martial, again proving battle isn't a requirement for those. If you want to solo pluma you might need it, but I doubt most players intentions are to do so or that it is worth it or that forcium builds will have the necessary dps for a real solo.

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 05:46 AM
You are in no position to say who is a good fa and who is not. Neither you or haniel were around long enough to have pvp/war sherm, solagel or love at their levels.

As for hisano, he's 10x the FA that you or haniel could ever be. and he didn't need to buy/glitch alz for gear.

For someone who can afford 2,3 +7 2sot forci weap and 7/40 helms, you think sig battles/forcies were hard for him to obtain? Hisano chose martial build for a reason.

aren't u glad he's quitting? now you can stop whipsering him shiiet after u get 2 shot in chan 15. oh wait you already went proc.

You need to shut up you son of a .beowtch :) . First of all its not how han alz glitched that I am pinpointing here fuc.ker. All of the 170 FA whose names grew big were known were truth be told ...Battle. 2 shot? LOL I can believe that with bm aura. isnt konakon the reason why the boewtch got his forcium 2 slots? for glitching ft? xD oh and wait. since I was 149 and the beowtch was 167 Ive been taking her down already. is asking for a 1 on 1 whispering shiet? I know what goes on in this server so dont dictate to me that I dont have to tell what I want to. Improve your 165 FA first before talking to me ok? coz its terrible..and I think its martial too...yeah pretty sure.

LOL

pottytrained
07-15-2010, 06:57 AM
truth to be told what? I 2 shot you myself on my wiz. and you taking anyone down now is a good laugh, let alone at 149.

there is a reason why my fa stay at 165 , cuz it's an alt. How about this since my fa is so fail? care to do a lil 1v1? it only got 1.1k magic, 50+ amp and 115 dmg. Did i even mention on gears i earned mysef?

Or i could get on my fs, but that would be over killed for a scrub like you.

Facts;

1 you're a terrible fa, battle or martial.
2 you've never accomplished anything in this game
3 you bought fail gears with astro ( extend st amp boots? LOL), you swapped gear with another terribad FA that glitched massive amount of alz to be any decent.
4 most of the community think you're a big joke

Spur
07-15-2010, 07:08 AM

actually no. Sherm was battle but wat made him good had nuthin to do with his gear. Solagel was battle cause he copied Sherm but after a while i convinced him to go martial and he found it to be better. Love was actually both he swapped between both builds but has yet to make up his mind b4 he left. Haniel found a pair of 7/220 battle boots which somewat forced him to go/stay battle. Phan uses a topaz crystal which defeats the purpose in going martial.

well nowadays since u can pretty much obtain a full set of perf craft sig i can see battle being better. b4 these sig events tho there was definitely not enough good battle gear to have not went martial

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
truth to be told what? I 2 shot you myself on my wiz. and you taking anyone down now is a good laugh, let alone at 149.

there is a reason why my fa stay at 165 , cuz it's an alt. How about this since my fa is so fail? care to do a lil 1v1? it only got 1.1k magic, 50+ amp and 115 dmg. Did i even mention on gears i earned mysef?

Or i could get on my fs, but that would be over killed for a scrub like you.

Facts;

1 you're a terrible fa, battle or martial.
2 you've never accomplished anything in this game
3 you bought fail gears with astro ( extend st amp boots? LOL), you swapped gear with another terribad FA that glitched massive amount of alz to be any decent.
4 most of the community think you're a big joke

uber mad now or did I hit a soft spot? konakon glitching with the viet guild and earning that 2 slot orb..I think its a fact like what my sources say. LOL arent you the one who abandoned your terrible FA ladyVengeance and created that fail mfb? dont threaten me with your pottytrained beowtch or I might show the forums (like I always do) how fail it is. lol Ive seen how you fail so much and envy other FA's like Imprialdrkness, got beaten up so bad in pvp... and ive also seen how they beat that fail mFS at my early level. toxophilite is even worse going martial in my opinion. 1 on 1, why not? bring it on BEOWTCH. You have no right to say that I havent accomplished anything in this game.
1. I had attained 67% magic amp at my 150's with 1065 m.attack
2. I had played epic items. thats probably worth more than your FS and enjoyed beating 170's in pvp with them.
3. and most of all... If im so involved w/ alz glitching or whatever accuses you can throw on me like,,, I dunno,,use real money to obtain the gears I have or use alz glitched items? then why am I still here?

Do you want one solid fact? :)

ITS BECAUSE I NEVER DID ANY OF IT (any G.M would agree with this) B.ITCH! and im proud of that accomplishment.
I have nothing to lose like I always say. Ive experience the fun I want in this game. Ive killed people and beat some in pvp. Run dungeons soloed some, finish em,and score high with my low level in nw..the only thing Im trying to accomplish at te moment is to dash while combo which BTW is very possible for FA now w/ the new patch. SO dont throw me that accomplishment BULLSH3T coz if youre talking about reputation then I care less what people (well ur friends) would think of me FYI this game is not my life...GOD...I have friends ingame enough to make me happy lol I dont need the whole server.

those who got banned for glitching alz....that punishment of banning thier account is ENOUGH imo. My friend has learned his lesson, had he not kept it from me, I wouldve prevented him from doing it.
I dont care if your circle of INSECURE friends think Im a joke. I can understand wat it feels like to envy! so shut your f.cuking pie hole B.ITCH! youre not the person who runs the game to act like as if you know everything. :D Youre not even a certified FA enthusiast to be but.ting in this thread. so f.uck off

@Spur

what do you know about Haniel? 7/220 boots? where did that come from? O.O
phan had +11 and +12 orbs, almost all gears are from buttons, now considering that he is martial the magic attack was still enormous for him.

Spur
07-15-2010, 12:04 PM
phan had +11 and +12 orbs, almost all gears are from buttons, now considering that he is martial the magic attack was still enormous for him.

uhh bought? where else would they come from? someone found a pair in eod2 and haniel bought it wats so special about that?

O.o
07-15-2010, 12:07 PM
mfa better cuz i can use my wiz gear on it =)

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 12:17 PM
uhh bought? where else would they come from? someone found a pair in eod2 and haniel bought it wats so special about that?
you were misinformed then. its not 220. you might be talking about the 7/140

O.o
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM

yea spur! he couldnt have extended forcy boots, cheese was the only one who had a sehh

oXIo
07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
yea spur! he couldnt have extended forcy boots, cheese was the only one who had a sehh

It was the osm one Unity found in b2f lol

Spur
07-15-2010, 12:32 PM

and uh its osm so y it wasnt extended for 220 i wouldnt even start thinking about

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 12:38 PM
uhm it never reached 220.

Juicylicious
07-15-2010, 12:39 PM
yea.. it did i saw the link

O.o
07-15-2010, 12:40 PM
It was the osm one Unity found in b2f lol

ahh then its eh

Spur
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM
uhm it never reached 220.

it dont matter thats the name of the boot. the boot was 140hp craft 7amp in slot therefore i refer it as a 7/220. for example a 16cd rate in slot helm even when its not extended, is still refered to as a 7/40

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 12:44 PM
it dont matter thats the name of the boot. the boot was 140hp craft 7amp in slot therefore i refer it as a 7/220. for example a 16cd rate in slot helm even when its not extended, is still refered to as a 7/40

Fine. O.O well then let me tell you this. Haniel will never go martial. he is so against it.

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
yea.. it did i saw the link
o rly? :D

Juicylicious
07-15-2010, 01:09 PM
o rly? :D

yup i asked him to link it to me =)

Diablo
07-15-2010, 03:26 PM
uber mad now or did I hit a soft spot? konakon glitching with the viet guild and earning that 2 slot orb..I think its a fact like what my sources say. LOL arent you the one who abandoned your terrible FA ladyVengeance and created that fail mfb? dont threaten me with your pottytrained beowtch or I might show the forums (like I always do) how fail it is. lol Ive seen how you fail so much and envy other FA's like Imprialdrkness, got beaten up so bad in pvp... and ive also seen how they beat that fail mFS at my early level. toxophilite is even worse going martial in my opinion. 1 on 1, why not? bring it on BEOWTCH. You have no right to say that I havent accomplished anything in this game.
1. I had attained 67% magic amp at my 150's with 1065 m.attack
2. I had played epic items. thats probably worth more than your FS and enjoyed beating 170's in pvp with them.
3. and most of all... If im so involved w/ alz glitching or whatever accuses you can throw on me like,,, I dunno,,use real money to obtain the gears I have or use alz glitched items? then why am I still here?

Do you want one solid fact? :)

ITS BECAUSE I NEVER DID ANY OF IT (any G.M would agree with this) B.ITCH! and im proud of that accomplishment.
I have nothing to lose like I always say. Ive experience the fun I want in this game. Ive killed people and beat some in pvp. Run dungeons soloed some, finish em,and score high with my low level in nw..the only thing Im trying to accomplish at te moment is to dash while combo which BTW is very possible for FA now w/ the new patch. SO dont throw me that accomplishment BULLSH3T coz if youre talking about reputation then I care less what people (well ur friends) would think of me FYI this game is not my life...GOD...I have friends ingame enough to make me happy lol I dont need the whole server.

those who got banned for glitching alz....that punishment of banning thier account is ENOUGH imo. My friend has learned his lesson, had he not kept it from me, I wouldve prevented him from doing it.
I dont care if your circle of INSECURE friends think Im a joke. I can understand wat it feels like to envy! so shut your f.cuking pie hole B.ITCH! youre not the person who runs the game to act like as if you know everything. :D Youre not even a certified FA enthusiast to be but.ting in this thread. so f.uck off

@Spur

lol wats ur accomplishment, u bought cash shop items and sold for alz
and ok yea u have epic items, oh wait they're haniels

Cstriker
07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
This drama is boring, need Niero vs Love.

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 07:05 PM
lol wats ur accomplishment, u bought cash shop items and sold for alz
and ok yea u have epic items, oh wait they're haniels
do u want to be my beowtch too? :D introduce urself before I include u. I dont attack people who arent recognize ingame and that means big names.

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
oh and for the contrary. dont be jealous coz Ive been handed some items..weve been good friends... we trust and help each other. were tight you know LOL he is my secret partner in crime.

MamaMiaYoe
07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
This drama is boring, need Niero vs Love.
How dare you say its boring? Im the drama queen!! my topics arent boring!

Diablo
07-15-2010, 07:31 PM
do u want to be my beowtch too? :D introduce urself before I include u. I dont attack people who arent recognize ingame and that means big names.
lol right, i dont atk those who arent recognized either
so wats ur accomplishment

oh and for the contrary. dont be jealous coz Ive been handed some items..weve been good friends... we trust and help each other. were tight you know LOL he is my secret partner in crime.
so both u glitch alz

Shinn
07-15-2010, 08:02 PM

he might be tight but your not o.o

Diablo
07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
he might be tight but your not o.o
lololol

MamaMiaYoe
07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
lol right, i dont atk those who arent recognized either
so wats ur accomplishment

so both u glitch alz

Yeah 100 billion alz. thats how much we have :D thats y our server economy is so bad. ^_~

@Shinn

o.o no we both are.

Shinn
07-16-2010, 02:27 AM
o ok

DeathlikeHowls
07-22-2010, 08:11 PM
So...is anyone going to give solid facts on the Martial vs. Battle debate, or are we just going to continue fighting about who's the better FA?
I'm disregarding the Eternity post because getting those equip is damn near impossible for the average player.

LastHour
07-23-2010, 03:31 AM
So...is anyone going to give solid facts on the Martial vs. Battle debate, or are we just going to continue fighting about who's the better FA?
I'm disregarding the Eternity post because getting those equip is damn near impossible for the average player.

Even if you had his gear his post ignores many, many things. For example, forcium isn't a requirement for ft2 and in fact is probably one of the worst things you could wear [for bosses not running through it]. Sorry, tyrant/beetles are still going to 2 shot your butt if not one shot you in that low forcium hp. Your better off making sure you break 4k hp with party buffs using more regular armor that has a lot of hp. Mass heal will heal any ispita AOE so you don't have to waste time healing yourself. Unless you plan to stand directly in front of the boss with the melee, I don't get where the forcium = ft2 req he claims comes into play. Move with the party and play smart and your fine. Of course as buttons said, if you have epic forcium like 140 hp/7 amp then it might be a diff case. However, thats a one in a million chance you'll ever get it as a player.

His 86 m.atk vs 200 def is also ignoring the multipliers we have, you know, amp, crit damage and those beautiful things that help us 2-3 shot even full forci people? Forcium vs osmium is about the difference between your opponent having to add 1 skill more to 3 shot you instead of 2 shot you. Your range and damage is your best defense. Your m. atk is hurt badly enough solely being a FA, demolishing it to wear rather useless armor isn't doing you any favors. That is of course, if you would actually mind being Fiery dealing those epic 50s in guns in TG. Whats the point of defense if you've lost all offensive ability for it?

I have no doubt ET may have great FA control or w/e, only venus can speak for him as I haven't been around him. However, a good player can make just about any gear build work so that doesn't make them right simply because they excel with what they have. Never know if they could do even better using a diff set unless they would put a serious and costly effort forth with it or could adapt to it.

Enso
07-23-2010, 08:20 AM
I'm pretty sure people who use battle will swear by battle and people who use martial will swear by martial. It's just a matter of personal preference. How you use your FA matters more than your build.

Kohii
07-23-2010, 10:55 AM
@DeathLikeHowls

FA's aren't meant to tank.. wearing forcium allows you to tank SOME, but I would recommend staying in the cuts and dealing dps from afar and also playing your part as a healer in a dungeon(don't be a muffinkingz.) I guarantee no other FA solo'd FT, SOD, LID :P as fast as I did and I guarantee no other FA had the dps I had. 50% Amp, 1200+ Magic, 108% CD. Amp depends on the amount of magic you have(the higher the magic the more power your amp has for those who don't know how amp is affected.) As far as I know the only thing forcium is good for is pvping and uhh? A good mFA can do anything a Forcium FA can do but just faster and it would cost a lot cheaper. Gears do play a major part in this game, but so does skill. Example: let's say phantast1c quit and gave his char to his little brother who is 5 years old, let's see him own people with that gear. People always get more praise when they can do great things with not upto par gear but it's always the people who have the best gear that su.ck with skill that get shut down i.e fiery. Basically if you can't handle the struggle of low defense from martial, then stick to battle.

(When I'm referring to battle in this post, I don't mean epic forcium, I mean forcium of adept+4 skill exp, will mp+140, or luck+30% alz drop.)

Battle = high defense, low magic, able to get to endgame items.
Martial = stuck at osm, low defense, high DPS.

Reason why I went martial is because I've always thought of FA's as a class where I have to have high dps to kill the mob/person before they can kill me.

IMO if you want a high defense char, play a BL or WA

Spur
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
IMO if you want a high defense,high atk,high hp,overpowered char, play a BL or WA

fixed for u

DeathlikeHowls
07-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank you Enso and Kohii, I decided to go Martial after all.
I have a WA and an FB already, so I'm good on melee.
I focus more on damage and healing than tanking, lol.

Shinn
07-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Lol go martial people say def dont matter but i doubt a martial fa can take on like 3-4 caps on him in the base like phan does lol and phans only using Sigmetal, I imagine how good Eternity is lol. That being said Martial is cheaper

Enso
07-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Lol go martial people say def dont matter but i doubt a martial fa can take on like 3-4 caps on him in the base like phan does lol and phans only using Sigmetal, I imagine how good Eternity is lol. That being said Martial is cheaper

I can take on 3-4 procs at a base... though it does depend on which procs they are.

Shinn
07-23-2010, 09:13 PM
I can take on 3-4 procs at a base... though it does depend on which procs they are.

lol? arent u t2? and you say depending lol

and im not saying martial isnt good, im just saying in the time ive played t3(2-3 months) ive yet to See one martial fa take on 3-5 of the opposing nation while being Rooted

Enso
07-23-2010, 09:44 PM
lol? arent u t2? and you say depending lol

and im not saying martial isnt good, im just saying in the time ive played t3(2-3 months) ive yet to See one martial fa take on 3-5 of the opposing nation while being Rooted

Yes and of course it depends, cause my gear is bad, and I can't always compensate for it. My lances hit for less than 1k in most cases.

I've taken on 7 procs while rooted... they were lined up and mass rooted though. =]

Shinn
07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes and of course it depends, cause my gear is bad, and I can't always compensate for it. My lances hit for less than 1k in most cases.

I've taken on 7 procs while rooted... they were lined up and mass rooted though. =]

lol lined up he kills em one by one god i sound like a phan Fan lol ima stop

Enso
07-23-2010, 09:50 PM
lol lined up he kills em one by one god i sound like a phan Fan lol ima stop

When did I say I killed them one at a time? All at once works better. And where did you get that I was a fan of Phantast1c? You must be tired.

Lol disregard the second part..,. I must be tired. =.=

Shinn
07-23-2010, 09:52 PM
When did I say I killed them one at a time? All at once works better. And where did you get that I was a fan of Phantast1c? You must be tired.

Lol disregard the second part..,. I must be tired. =.=

owned

Enso
07-23-2010, 09:57 PM
owned

Yeah I'm not so good with reading late at night. >.<

DeathlikeHowls
07-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Enso is my new FA hero. o.o

oXIo
07-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Wtb> fa that can consistently kill my bl in pk/ freestyle

Enso
07-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Enso is my new FA hero. o.o

o.O

Kohii
07-26-2010, 01:12 AM
ive yet to See one martial fa take on 3-5 of the opposing nation while being Rooted you've yet to see that because I was the only mFA that could do that.

LastHour
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM

I have yet to see a battle FA that could beat feirys guns. [Epic I know]

And if those 3-4 people were any decent that battle FA would be on the floor faster than it knew what hit it. If you can't damage your not a threat and its forcium certainly isn't going to save you. Bm1 FBs can break an FS's aod defense of what 3-4k? Wa's can one shot other wizards/FA? Yet you people sit here and try to preach that a mere 1k def is going to save these people? Just lol... the irony and contradiction to everything else that is taught is simply astounding.

A instant 2000+ defense gain doesn't save some FS and a 400 defense gain on FA certainly isn't going to save you from roots. Most likely, the 3-4 people you saw were just bad. If it was even 2 half-brained people the FA should've gone down easy if equivalent gear.

Kohii
07-26-2010, 07:24 PM
I have yet to see a battle FA that could beat feirys guns. [Epic I know]

And if those 3-4 people were any decent that battle FA would be on the floor faster than it knew what hit it. If you can't damage your not a threat and its forcium certainly isn't going to save you. Bm1 FBs can break an FS's aod defense of what 3-4k? Wa's can one shot other wizards/FA? Yet you people sit here and try to preach that a mere 1k def is going to save these people? Just lol... the irony and contradiction to everything else that is taught is simply astounding.

A instant 2000+ defense gain doesn't save some FS and a 400 defense gain on FA certainly isn't going to save you from roots. Most likely, the 3-4 people you saw were just bad. If it was even 2 half-brained people the FA should've gone down easy if equivalent gear.

exactly. we're supposed to kill them before they can kill us, not try to kill them while we try to tank them.

MamaMiaYoe
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I had no problem going forcium amp. Infact Im enjoying it seeing those other 160 FA's hit me below 1k. Its just a matter of who gets the best orbs and damage boosting equips..and I know one forcium battle FA who went inside the enemy base alone and slaughtered everyone respawning there for 3 minutes before he got killed. he murdered everyone including the late DH who got really p***** of after that war.

I have yet to see a martial FA do that..

Cstriker
07-26-2010, 07:55 PM
I had no problem going forcium amp. Infact Im enjoying it seeing those other 160 FA's hit me below 1k. Its just a matter of who gets the best orbs and damage boosting equips..and I know one forcium battle FA who went inside the enemy base alone and slaughtered everyone respawning there for 3 minutes before he got killed. he murdered everyone including the late DH who got really p***** of after that war.

A martial FA would do that better. Going to assume that FA was in BM2 + aura at some point and was just sitting at the spawn point. Also if you say it's just a matter of getting orbs and damage boosting equips, why waste the money on forcium?

LastHour
07-26-2010, 08:19 PM

You never saw buttons solo ensign + enemy nation :x

pottytrained
07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I know of a battle fa bringer that ran away from non bringer wiz.

Kohii
07-27-2010, 03:39 AM
You never saw buttons solo ensign + enemy nation :x

That's why we won most of the wars, no other FA could solo an ensign. Let alone 1 bm2+extend.

MamaMiaYoe
07-27-2010, 03:43 AM
A martial FA would do that better. Going to assume that FA was in BM2 + aura at some point and was just sitting at the spawn point. Also if you say it's just a matter of getting orbs and damage boosting equips, why waste the money on forcium?

Forcium is expensive I know, but thats not the point if you consider both can be obtained. I dont say mfa fails, and im not against mfa because I know that m.attack is very important for FA potential...I also thought ET was a joke before, when I was OSM and I went martial too long ago, If I did not extend those osm battle will gears, I wouldve stayed mfa for good. But then shootingstars and Haniel (sig and forcium) came, hitting HUGE damage...so it made me think, does is it work too? Yeah 900+ defense and 1.1 m.attack at 170...What else? average of 3.9 - 4k hp with the runes. (HP does play a big role too imo)

This is the problem, people say that martial > forcium amp, but none, if not most, of them hav tried going sig/forcium amp. they base on logic, Then suddenly it turns out that FA battle builds can do it more and consistently, why dont mfa show and prove it?. wether youre forcium amp with 900+ defense or osm martial with 1.1+ m.attack, theres still going to be a balance between the two builds, and that balanced will be determined by the dmge equips the user is using. If forcium FA has +12 orbs and breaks 1.1 m.attack, mFA can lose if he just use +7's, or vise versa, dmge wont help forcium fa if mfa has +12 orbs..

battle can also do it in nw

http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/14/74/98/67/cabalv11.jpg

3.6k pt buffed damage per bullet may not be enough (???) but it can still hurt.
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/14/74/98/67/cabalv14.jpg

Cstriker
07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
You use different logic then me. So if I get your previous post, in a nutshell you're saying if you can afford forcium you might as well go for it since it's more consistant. I would rather spend that 6-9b on trying to up my orbs rathers then get the forcium.

Also i'm not from merc, but it seemed like shootingstar had basically unlimited alz at his disposal.

LastHour
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
You use different logic then me. So if I get your previous post, in a nutshell you're saying if you can afford forcium you might as well go for it since it's more consistant. I would rather spend that 6-9b on trying to up my orbs rathers then get the forcium.

Also i'm not from merc, but it seemed like shootingstar had basically unlimited alz at his disposal.

The alz he bought he could've probably bought a decent new car with. Any gear set you make with that amount is hard to make not OP.

@Miavii: Haniel has BRINGER in those screenshots. The bringer is providing the tanking part not his battle set. You've never had bringer so its hard to understand but that title alone tanks BS amounts of things. You can be practically nude and be alright wearing that.

MamaMiaYoe
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
you get the best of the best martial gear/build and compare it with the best of the best forcium gear/build? whats the best?

I am basing all my statement to my observations, and Im just saying both builds work just stop telling people battle is not a good choice coz Ive seen MORE battle FA's who are better than mFA's. Ive never seen a battle and martial FA carry +12 forcium orbs with +12 gears and fight each other to see whose best, but Ive seen a FA give up being a mfa (w/ good mfa gears) and converted to battle just because of a crystal.

Kohii
07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Miavi, has a point there lol. phan shouldn't have went battle imo. I guess it's because 7/40 or 15/24 osm martial helm wasnt avaliable. When I quit I gave him a 15/24 battle helm. He then went on to get a sig suit/boots. He shoulda kept the other +11 forci orb imo, but he says the xtal works good because it gives 14% more dmg and 7% more amp. The only reason why he went battle is because of the helm tbh.

LastHour
07-27-2010, 03:49 PM
you get the best of the best martial gear/build and compare it with the best of the best forcium gear/build? whats the best?

I am basing all my statement to my observations, and Im just saying both builds work just stop telling people battle is not a good choice coz Ive seen MORE battle FA's who are better than mFA's. Ive never seen a battle and martial FA carry +12 forcium orbs with +12 gears and fight each other to see whose best, but Ive seen a FA give up being a mfa (w/ good mfa gears) and converted to battle just because of a crystal.

There are typically more battle FA's than martial FA's, so the way you posed your observation is silly. If battle/martial had the same % of skilled users for their populations, then the of course the battle population would have more FA's with advanced talents, simply because they have more users. Anyone can be skilled on almost any build or class, skill is not a matter of gears or builds but control of the character.

@Buttons: Agree on the orb, the attack loss from the +11 orb makes me wonder why the 14%/7% seemed worth it even if he was battle. His pluma half-solo was quite nice and all but I'm wondering if he took out the party buffs and kept his orb if he would've been able to do it with the dual forcium dps. It would be awesome if he had the first legit FA pluma solo of any version I've seen.

Kohii
07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
phan has something up his sleeve. we'll see something good soon lol

Cstriker
07-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't think theres one active mFA on venus lol.

MamaMiaYoe
07-27-2010, 06:06 PM
There are typically more battle FA's than martial FA's, so the way you posed your observation is silly. If battle/martial had the same % of skilled users for their populations, then the of course the battle population would have more FA's with advanced talents, simply because they have more users. Anyone can be skilled on almost any build or class, skill is not a matter of gears or builds but control of the character.

@Buttons: Agree on the orb, the attack loss from the +11 orb makes me wonder why the 14%/7% seemed worth it even if he was battle. His pluma half-solo was quite nice and all but I'm wondering if he took out the party buffs and kept his orb if he would've been able to do it with the dual forcium dps. It would be awesome if he had the first legit FA pluma solo of any version I've seen.

Silly? For someone who hasnt tried to use a forcium amp FA? and now, the nerve, to stand against us here trying to contradict our builds capabilities? thats silly-er... Sorry but your statement about "anyone" can be skilled, hasnt really showed in game, it disappoints me, to see some of my mFA buddies struggle with misery being mfa... But I never told them its a fail build! Na Ah! If youre so true that anyone can be good with any build or class. then explain why some struggle? where is that top mfa ?

mFA requires that control you speak of yes, but too bad not everyone playing have that control. and lastly, you werent there to have seen Haniel during his days. and you didnt get bringer and tried going naked against many people. So...whatever. =.=

LastHour
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Silly? For someone who hasnt tried to use a forcium amp FA? and now, the nerve, to stand against us here trying to contradict our builds capabilities? thats silly-er... Sorry but your statement about "anyone" can be skilled, hasnt really showed in game, it disappoints me, to see some of my mFA buddies struggle with misery being mfa... But I never told them its a fail build! Na Ah! If youre so true that anyone can be good with any build or class. then explain why some struggle? where is that top mfa ?

mFA requires that control you speak of yes, but too bad not everyone playing have that control. and lastly, you werent there to have seen Haniel during his days. and you didnt get bringer and tried going naked against many people. So...whatever. =.=

I've been naked in war without bringer. I've had access to many acc's, and in fact towards the end of my playing on NA, I rarely used my own and deleted it at some point. So whose to say I haven't popped my head into t3 before? You wouldn't know the difference because it would seem like any other war that user has been to. I don't know why you got so mad about my post. All I said was that ther presence of more good battle FA's was logical and thus it didn't mean anything either way for neither battle or martial.

About skill, I said it didn't matter whether you were forcium or martial. Being forcium or martial doesn't restrict you to being an unskilled or skilled FA. That doesn't mean someone who uses forcium wouldn't be even better being martial or vice versa.

MamaMiaYoe
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Im not mad or so. thats how I type >.< Just commenting on what I read and giving my own opinion for the forcium battle side since its my build atm. I have yet to experience full potential of forcium that is if I get all of it to +7. that build in ET's blog is not a joke. the defense and defense rate can be felt in dungeons... theres a reason why forcium amp is expensive, and Im not gunna continue to debate for it coz I think Its better to see for themselves.

Enso
07-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Miavii weren't you the one who said extra defense rate can't be felt in PvE..? Hold on I'll go find a quote.

MamaMiaYoe
07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
You will do anything just for that? mkei. If I show you my will amp forcium suit + 140 mp, maybe that'll answer the question. 1518 mp ^.^ without mana mastery this time. enabling me to get def rate upgrade

Enso
07-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Here it is:

and nope. The defense rate of sixth sense wont save you against a player target whos in combo mode. Even in pve you'll still be hit,

o.O I'm surprised you remembered the context... I didn't. But anyway yeah, if the defense rate from sixth sense is useless, why would defense rate from armor make a difference?

And regarding MP, my current total is at 1,493, which is enough to use all my skills, and combo... this is with no will gear, just a AoB +8.

Kohii
07-27-2010, 09:04 PM
mFA requires that control you speak of yes, but too bad not everyone playing have that control.

I have to agree with you there.

MamaMiaYoe
07-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Here it is:

o.O I'm surprised you remembered the context... I didn't. But anyway yeah, if the defense rate from sixth sense is useless, why would defense rate from armor make a difference?

And regarding MP, my current total is at 1,493, which is enough to use all my skills, and combo... this is with no will gear, just a AoB +8.

Oh no you dont get it. I bought this cheap Forcium coat of will +140 mp. allowing my MP to reach 1518 w/o mana mstery, if I keep mana mastery theres going be too much mp. and what am I going do with too much amount when 1.5 mp is enough?, so I removed mana mastery, got sixth sense raising my defense rate to 2352 (w/ buff) and yeah I notice misses in cornus. But had it not been for the will coat, id still keep my mana upgrade coz it helps against mf. and I dont really want to use my AXP ryt now to get mana rune because its reserved for HP rune.

Spur
07-28-2010, 08:36 AM
theres a reason why forcium amp is expensive

yeh there is, rarity not usefulness

Enso
07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Oh no you dont get it. I bought this cheap Forcium coat of will +140 mp. allowing my MP to reach 1518 w/o mana mstery, if I keep mana mastery theres going be too much mp. and what am I going do with too much amount when 1.5 mp is enough?, so I removed mana mastery, got sixth sense raising my defense rate to 2352 (w/ buff) and yeah I notice misses in cornus. But had it not been for the will coat, id still keep my mana upgrade coz it helps against mf. and I dont really want to use my AXP ryt now to get mana rune because its reserved for HP rune.

Fair enough. To each their own.

Lust13
07-28-2010, 09:39 PM
as mFA, you get more magic, but your defense fail, if you can't get forcium amp I would just go martial. also, martial FA have trouble in CA, which make it hard to lvl.

in my opinion the order for FA should be Forcium battle> Martial > Osm/TG battle

Does the martial top PC TG plus 7?

Cstriker
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Does the martial top PC TG plus 7?

The statement above is comparing them all to +7.

MamaMiaYoe
07-29-2010, 11:36 AM
yeh there is, rarity not usefulness

Oh I find it useful and uhm I am a FA, im not a wiz.