PDA

View Full Version : General FA questions

Lukimel
05-21-2010, 02:28 PM
So currently im a level 20 FA. Really new to this Cabal. But i have some questions.

Over gear thats +'d vs next tier armor. What should i focus, Defense or the Defense rate?

I've read some posts saying something about orbs. I know wizards use orbs, Is it better to use orbs over Crystals? Im currently using Crude crystal +5 with +10 damage and 12% Crit ( Quest reward) and a Red crystal +2. I like to PVP but at the same time i like to PvE. I do want to PVP when i can.

Also, Should i worry about attack rate?

(I know FA is magic so i've been having more int in my stats after i can use gear.)

ForumFiery
05-21-2010, 03:07 PM
go for defense, defense rate is never reliable. don't worry about attack rate, you RAREly miss in bm2, out of bm there's combo, attack rate is not an issue. use orbs for more magic (3 more magic on forcium). however, if you plan to play battle FA, go for whichever weapon has better stats because you can use both

Cstriker
05-21-2010, 03:46 PM
For now don't worry about armor much since you'll be changing armor quite a bit until you reach around 80. For armor, your goal is to have 7% amp for gloves/suit/boots. Minimum type should be titanium. For example, a 7% amp osm boot > 5% amp tg boot.

Lukimel
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Allright, I dont know acronyms very well yet so im not sure what amp is. Im going to guess amplified attack or damage.

Another thing that just popped into my mind, Lances and cannons. I hear people use lances for PVP and cannons for PVE... Why? Theres no different that i can see, Area being AoE = 2? But piercing i noticed is AoE... ish? Or do i have that wrong?

ForumFiery
05-21-2010, 03:56 PM
you will need more lances than cannons. cannons are nearly useless in later stages, you only need about 2 if any

Error
05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Lances pierces and does damage in a sort of line (like a spear/lance)
Cannons do splash damage only around the target (like a cannonball)

Lances have a faster casting time than cannons and provide more DPS.

Basically all an FA really needs are lances and maybe a couple cannons (I rarely use any myself, I find the Lance AoE to be better in the situations I'm in)

Lukimel
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Ahh, Cuase i was looking at Cast times and cool downs, guess i should look closer. Another thing im noticeing is Magic Skill Amp. Is a skill with say 30% skill amp with +84 Attack and a +2.20 per level better than a - skill with 50% magic skill amp and a + 69 Attack with 1.70 per level?

Im sorry for the questions but i havent been able to find a proper thread with the search function yet.
Also if anyone is on Mercury, My name is Myradare if you wish to say hi =)

Enso
05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Hey, I'd love to help you out, I'll give you a shout when I'm online, we can hang out and I'll help you get gears and such.

Lukimel
05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Allright Enso, But remember, I need to learn, Not fed ^.^

Enso
05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Allright Enso, But remember, I need to learn, Not fed ^.^

I understand, I can probably get on tonight for an hour or so at 8ish (I'm in PDT). I'm not nearly as active as I used to be but I'll help when I can. Anything I should prepare?

Lukimel
05-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Nope, Im EST -5 GMT 8:33 atm for me. I'll probably be off in an hour or 2

Enso
05-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Nope, Im EST -5 GMT 8:33 atm for me. I'll probably be off in an hour or 2

Alright I'll probably miss you, some other time though.

Kamelotvey
08-05-2010, 01:17 AM
I understand, I can probably get on tonight for an hour or so at 8ish (I'm in PDT). I'm not nearly as active as I used to be but I'll help when I can. Anything I should prepare?

Punch and pie.