PDA

View Full Version : Lend Iteam System

meep49
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Whether for protection or to try before you buy, it would be handy to have a system that lets you hold an iteam for a certain ammount of time before being returned to its owner. This is a feature from Runescape, its not really useful there but I could see some use here, it would need tweeking of coarse. This is how I envisioned it would work:

Owner
1.)Owner of iteam right clicks someone and selects a button called "Lend." A window, exactly like the trade window, pops up.
2.)Owner places iteam(s) in trade box. Depending on the nature of the lend, money can be paid to owner as rent for the iteam if they choose.
3.)Both people select ok, the owner then chooses the time limit for the iteam. This can go from 5mins to 30 days.
4.)After reviewing the terms both people select confirm, the iteam goes to the Lendee and the time limit takes effect.

The Owner can choose to cancel the lend at any time, if a buff that restricts a weapon from being removed, they will be informed it will be returned shortly. (This also goes when the iteam times out.)

Lendee
While they have the iteam they cannot sell, drop (binding), lend, destroy, craft, upgrade, or delete their character. If the Owner decides to cancel the lend while weapon restricting buff is active they will will be prompted--with a countdown timer similar to security code-- to remove the buff so the iteam can be returned, as a saftey measure, no monsters can attack during this time. Failure to do so in the aloted time takes them to the character select screen, when they return the iteam will be gone.(This also goes for when the iteam times out.) This doesnt apply for war. If iteam times out or is canceled while Lendee is in war the iteam will return when he/she goes to a regular channel or logs out after war.

I dont think I missed any situations...anything to add on?

Immortal Dilemma
05-25-2010, 08:18 AM
i just take note to whoever got my items but this could work.

Rastan
05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
no monsters can attack during this time.

raises questions for hunting,CA,and dungeons

LILCHAOLAO
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Hence,why RuneScape fails