PDA

View Full Version : Just returning to cabal, have a few WA Questions

servindix
03-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Just started some cabal back up as a WA, haven't been around for a few years and i know there were tons of updates. I never played a WA and i had a few quick questions.

I'll be solo leveling for most of the leveling, and i recall keeping skills at level 9 because it was faster casting time and more overall DPS then bringing it up higher while leveling. Is this still the case? or have they done something to change that.

How much and how important is attack rating for WA's Some say Concentration is a "worthless" skill but not really sure what a decent base is and if it's good enough to use.

What kind of stats should i priorities for wars should i mainly target towards crit / crit % items? and is int / dex still "item required only" for WA

Also are there any skills off hand that you guys recommend over others, or some that i should completely avoid using for leveling?

Thanks in advance guys i know it's all noob stuff but it's been a while :D

Sprite
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
1. Concentration is worthless because attack rate isn't really needed. Attack rate is only for being able to hit a target outside of combo - but most of the time you'll always be in combo. So, most people say concentration is a waste.

2. Not sure I understand what you're asking in this question, but I'll try to answer this in how I interpreted it. Try getting crit damage on all of your gear - except for suit, helm, and boots. You should aim for 7+ amp on those parts. As for dex and whatnot, you should only be meeting the bare requirement for gear for dex/ int, and poor the rest into str. Example: (A greatsword requires 400 str, 50int, 80 dex - you should only have 50 int and 80 dex)

3. For pve the easiest combo is seismic wave/ whirlwind/ seismic wave/ spiral doom and repeat (Later on in the grinding stages you will get rid of spiral doom and switch up combos, however.)

NiteFalcon
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
nice helm bro tell me more about dat 7 amp helm

servindix
03-01-2013, 11:11 AM
1. Concentration is worthless because attack rate isn't really needed. Attack rate is only for being able to hit a target outside of combo - but most of the time you'll always be in combo. So, most people say concentration is a waste.

2. Not sure I understand what you're asking in this question, but I'll try to answer this in how I interpreted it. Try getting crit damage on all of your gear - except for suit, helm, and boots. You should aim for 7+ amp on those parts. As for dex and whatnot, you should only be meeting the bare requirement for gear for dex/ int, and poor the rest into str. Example: (A greatsword requires 400 str, 50int, 80 dex - you should only have 50 int and 80 dex)

3. For pve the easiest combo is seismic wave/ whirlwind/ seismic wave/ spiral doom and repeat (Later on in the grinding stages you will get rid of spiral doom and switch up combos, however.)

Thank you very much exactly what kind of info i was looking for.

What about the Rank 9 skills and over, a lot of people used to only go to 9 because they say you can cast / attack faster and the dps ends up being greater, but is this true... or should i just get them as high as i can till the next better ability is available?

Also how do wars do in the long run as far as solo dungeon running goes.

Andrea
03-08-2013, 04:25 AM
nice helm bro tell me more about dat 7 amp helm

lol. understand that reply came from someone who used wi in global.

And the op took it hook line and sinker.

get concentration. if ur attk rate is lower than ur foe's def rate, u'd be 'block' <--- a new feature which makes attk rate relevant in the new update. Besides what u gonna do with all those extra skill points and slots anyways? It's not like u can use a saver (like dp and ap) to sell them. Also, helm needs to be 7/40, or the gs 14/80, but either will give wa a decent rate. Ideally u can get 62 rate (at max crit 53 with aop+6) and 200+ cd. And with the new update, u can even max out ur gmast, completer, trans skills. Oh boy, instant death to those who cross ur path. Just don't cross someone with tons of resist everything lol Btw, wa's are attk-rate and def-rate challenged lot. Or go daik...

GL.

StoneTank
03-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Just started some cabal back up as a WA, haven't been around for a few years and i know there were tons of updates. I never played a WA and i had a few quick questions.

I'll be solo leveling for most of the leveling, and i recall keeping skills at level 9 because it was faster casting time and more overall DPS then bringing it up higher while leveling. Is this still the case? or have they done something to change that.

How much and how important is attack rating for WA's Some say Concentration is a "worthless" skill but not really sure what a decent base is and if it's good enough to use.

What kind of stats should i priorities for wars should i mainly target towards crit / crit % items? and is int / dex still "item required only" for WA

Also are there any skills off hand that you guys recommend over others, or some that i should completely avoid using for leveling?

Thanks in advance guys i know it's all noob stuff but it's been a while :D

Let me corect a few things from what someone else said..

Concentration can be used now that the Rising force update came along, it was only a "noob" skill before cuz of the limited sapce we had in skill tree, now we have AMPLE space (and its better for BM2 and BM3 since there isnt comboing involved)
max out all skills to lvl 20 cuz the cd is the same now since the new update...
getting high rate (51%+) is priority for most classes, imo its more important to have high rate than high cd, if you dont crit, cdi is useless but you dont want your cdi TOO low, try a happy medium, i found that 170 cdi is fine with 51 rate.
Your gonna want to get 7 amp on suit, boots and gloves
helm cdi/rate (i have 12/24 to get high rate) 40/7 is ideal here , if your rich enough)
weapon get highest cdi you can get (or 80/14 if your rich enough)

as for pve combo, just use quake, seismic, charge, WW and retarget when your target is low hp (charge is to get close to mobs you retarget)this combo has large aoe, mobs these days cant really harm WA unless your in PI i guess and then u might be with a wiz for sp which u can then just BM lol

Hope this helps...