PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions from a new player...

Mormacil
05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Okay, I started the game as a blader, since it seemed a common suggestion for a starting player(I dont have any preference class wise so it worked for me.).

I was wondering if this suggestion I found to kill nipper lugs to find these chaos lamps was still a good idea?

And what are the key skills a blader should focus skill points in to?
I'm not sure if this should all be obvious to me or not, so be gentle, please. =)

Edit:

Also what kind of weapons should I focus on, so far I am using 2 +2 katanas

MajorArmy
05-25-2010, 06:07 PM
The chaos lamps are convienient, even at higher lvls but they drop from mostly everywhere, don't waste too much time hunting them down. They drop everything from HP/MP potions to dungeons and if you're ungodly lucky so I've heard a bike.
Again, don't waste your time, use the m key to open your map and check for a good spot to hunt, yellow to orange is where you should be training. And as you lvl, like most MMOs we've played, new weopons and armor will drop. Keep in mind though that at the start armor and weps will have a tendency to be upgraded fairly high. Later, they won't but they'll sell at the npc's for higher.
Upgrade Cores sell have a high price and a high demand, try looking for those. You can sell them or risk using them to upgrade your armor, your choice.

Mormacil
05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Gotcha, thats pretty much what I was doing, I was still killing those nipper lugs up until a bit ago when they turned grey on me, now I moved onto more quest

MajorArmy
05-25-2010, 06:59 PM
And seeing as my main is a blader here is my advice:
When you're at a higher lvl and get your last two atks (Blade scud&Lighning Slash) keep them at lvl 9. I know it seems wierd, but the way the game is for bladers at higher lvls those two atks recharge very very slowly, at lvl 9 they'll do the most dmg they possibly can because they recharge while the other is atking with some spare time for an added atk. The best way to keep yourself alive at higher lvls is to use VI (Vital Interfere) in between those two.
Dont try to undo completely upgraded skills, they will cost a lot for better skills. So for example don't upgrade completely the first 2 atk buffs you'll get, so you can remove them asap when you get the last one Soul Blade. And depending on your preferance, chose Assault to close in on enemies from afar or Force Kick. Force Kick has a longer recharge, and a longer range. And keep twin-moon slash although its seems strange for a melee based character to have a ranged atk. I got rid of it, and learned to regret it. And lastly do not get Intuition or Natural Hiding. They're both a waste compared to Instant Immunity.

And lastly, use other types of characters to see what they're like and keep your end game armor in case they fit on your others, its preety epic to suddenly have 2 awesome characters when they can both wear the same armor. Bladers can wear Martial or Armor sets near level 100 Martial fits Wizards and Armor on Warriors/Shielders. And by end game armor I mean osmium, Armor grades above osmium can't be used on other characters, (neither can shadow titanium).

Have Fun :)

YoungForum
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Chaos Lamps dont seem to drop as much or give me as many dungeons as they use to but it could be me as you know or will find out Cabal is based alot on luck wen it comes to drops/Chaos lamps/Upgrading and Crafting. Chaos lamps drop from every monster every map even dungeons but its not a guareentee you'll get them. As for gear Dont even waist money on it for awhile quest Gear isn't super Epic but itll easily get you by with money to spare. Also the Copy dungeons Give PC craft gear that you can use in low lvl wars. I would sell all the cores sense noob gear is already +5 and copy is usualy +5/6. As For skills im pretty sure you can get most of them. get rid of your old sword buff for you new one wens its high enough lvl sense u cant stack-.-......

And idk Kno if you were Asking about noob gear or Normal Gear but this is what you should save up for.
PvP/War:Amp suit/Gloves/Boots Forcium Amp blade(you could go Crit build and Get DB Blades or Forcium wit crit in slot to balance out atk base and dmg) DB Helm
Pve: will Suit Will/Vamp Boots and gloves no change in weapons and nothing special about the helmet.

Have Fun :)

Musashi
05-26-2010, 12:24 PM
I last played this game when OGPlanet was still in service about 2 years ago. I hoped there would be a lot of changes but guess not. Same old, same old. My main Blader is not even at lvl 100. I think in the 80s or 90s. Or maybe even in 70s if my memory serves me well. But I can still beat much higher lvl players than me. Mainly because of skill lvl. I advise you to get the highest skill lvl which is believe is Grand master (correct me if im wrong). You can do this in two, maybe three ways.

1. Just keeping upgrading your armor but have the lowest lvl weapon and only put 1 skill point into 1 of the blade skills, preferably one with fast recharge, and keep doing this until around lvl 40 and skill grind on monsters with high armor and hp but low attack

2. Easiest method. Do whatever you want and get to lvl 100 and fast as possible and then skill grind overnight on those dummies.

Just know that once you do get the highest skill lvl, everything will be a breeze. And if you're like me, you'll find that pvp is the only thing worth doing in this game because pve is repetitive and BORING.