PDA

View Full Version : Force Blader Guide

Leonhart
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Source: http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/139/200804/30/5148,1.html?time=1216311610
I'll be updating and Improving This
*Note* - Barely anything in this guide contains my own original ideas, it is instead an accumulation of the experiences of all FB's. So props to all those FB's who share their knowledge ^.^

***If you're new to Cabal click here*** (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?234-Beginner-s-Guide&p=2242#post2242)

About Force Blader:
-Hometown is Green Despair
-The Force Blader is a "Hybrid" that balances sword and magic skills.
-Attacks are Sword Skills while Buffs/Debuffs are magic.
-Force Bladers equip Katanas and Orbs and use the Battle set for balanced defense and defense rate to fit the Force Blader's balanced build by default, but due to their balanced stats they can easily wear any gear that is not class-specific.
-Force bladers have a unique balance between magical skills and sword skills.

Stats to add:
-Every level up you will gain 5 stat points to add
-Rank-Up Requirements are there for you to follow
-Every 10 levels you are given the opportunity to increase your class rank (Rank-Up).
-Increasing class rank is essential for obtaining special skills and sometimes give you hefty rewards as well. At levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60, you must have the minimum stats that your character window (C) provides.
-After level 60, the stat requirement for class up is gone, so you can start to branch off in whatever stat build you want.
-Force Bladers generally focus on DEX, after 60 meet requirements for gears then pump the remaining stats into DEX.

Stats Values:
http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab212/NA-CABAL/Cabal/statsv2.jpg
*Note* - As you can see DEX>STR end of discussion.

Equipment:
*Note* - Weapons are never class specific, but Shadow Titanium, Terragrace, SigMetal, and Forcium armors are class specific.
*Note* - Force Blader gear choices are open ended.

-Orb vs. Crystal
The requirement for crystal is the same as the requirement for the same grade battlesuit, aim for crystal when possible.

Katana vs. Blade
- Blade requires an extra chunk of strength, katana tends to be more optimal but if you choose to use a blade for whatever reason (better stats/looks) it won't kill your stats.

What Armor to Use
-Due to a Force Blader's balanced stats they will be able to easily be able to wear any gear that is not class-specific. The biggest debate at the osm lvl is Battle vs. Armor, Armor has higher defense which is better for PVP but takes a hit to defense rate, me personally... Battle is too smexy not to use =P. Once again what armor pieces you use is pretty much open ended.

Aura and Battle Mode (BM):
Aura and Battle mode are skills which allow the user to power up within a short period of time
*NOTE* - Some skill can't be used in battle mode

A battle aura is basically a temporary super buff.
All of your stats are boosted for a period of time to help you kill more effectively.
Auras have different elements based on how you answer the series of questions they ask you. So in a sense,
your preferences should end you up with your favorite element.
Element available is Earth,Fire,Wind,Water,Ice and Lighting
*NOTE* - Please note that the elements are PURELY GRAPHICAL.
The element you choose does not affect the stats you get and any advantages over other elements

BM1 (Obtained after lvl 20 Rank-Up quest)
- This mode allow user to cast buff skill onto the user with magic attacking skill for short period of time meaning if the user cast aqua cannon,it will change into a buff each element attack will be transform into a buff base on the element.
- The Highest Corresponding Magic Skill is auto casted. You have the option to activate a corresponding magic skill to recast if you wish.
*Note* - For all the FB's out there I see doing this... You CAN'T MF a FB in BM1... FB's gain chunk of mana in BM1...

Effects of Each Magic Skill
Attack (Force Enchant) - Magic, Ice, Fire, Lightning
Defense Rate (Wind Movement) - Wind
Defense (Earth Guard) - Earth
Hp,Mp,Hp recovery (Aqua Vitality) - Water

-As you can see, I listed Magic, Ice, Fire and Lightning together, because they are all attack buffs and cannot be stacked.
*Must Have Magic Skills for BM1* - Lightning Cannon, Wind Cannon, Stone Cannon, Aqua Cannon
-The higher the magic attack is, the higher the effect of BM1 buffs.
-So basically you can have 4 buffs at 1 time, which is the same as your normal magic buffs,but stronger

*Note* - Just a little something from someone who played in EP1, the animations you see in BM1 were the original Buff Animations for FB in EP1. I noted the corresponding buffs to each magic skill.

Battle mode 2 (Obtained after level 50 Rank-Up quest)
Note: The original BM2 of a cannon was changed to sword attacks activated through normal attack.

More Info On This Later

Bonus Skill of Battle mode 2 (Obtained with BM2)
Prismatic Blade Cannon- this skill can be casted at battle mode 2 ONLY
-This skill is one of the best AOE dmg skill a FB can get at lvl 50,which at lvl 50 it self,it could 1 hit KO moscutter queen,lug queen and many dungeon monster,to help you finish your quest faster.
-Though force bladers have a bumpy road up, they even out with all the other classes in the end.

*Note* - BM1 = great tanking, BM2 = great vamping

Leonhart
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
FB's available skills:
Skill Points
Novice/16
Apprentice/32
Regular/48
Expert/64
A.Expert/80
Master/96
A.Master/112
G.Master/128
Completer/144
Transcender/160
Total Skill point[sword and magic each] : 880!

Force Blader Skills (Sword)
Fade Step (Novice) - Quickly run further away from an enemy
Force Stab (Novice -Stab a target with a force enhanced sword
Dash (Apprentice) -Increase one's movement speed for a short period of time
Force Slash (Apprentice) - Stab twice with a Force enhanced sword
Force Break (Apprentice) - Every time swings the sword forces get added more and more.
Illusion Stab (Regular) - Multiple Stab with added force
Soaring Shot (Regular) - Cut down a target using a force enhanced sword
Dance of Ruin (Expert) - Jumps towards enemy to cause critical damage
Force Assault (Expert) - While in dash, quickly stabs the enemy
Force Drive (Expert) - Casts dash on sword to attack enemy faster
Infernal Stigma - (A.Expert) - Stomping opposing force by hell stigma
Force Impact (A.Master) - Using unstable force attacking enemy surroundings by massive explosion
Infernal Impact (G.Master) - A manifestation of hell that is relentless towards your enemies
Assassinate (Completer) - Engrave a stigma on the back of the victims and destroys them with a stigma
*NOTE* Abyssal Crystal is the only range sword skill

For Sword Skills I hope you try out which combination is the best for you,experiment with the cool-down to match what you desire. I don't have an "Ultimate Skill Build" here

But if you want a starting point to work with.

-Force Assault lvl 20 (Pvp skill)
-Force slash lvl 20 (Pvp skill)
-Illusion stab lvl 20
-Dance of ruin lvl 18-20 (again, up to you)
-Infernal stigma lvl 18-20 (18 or 20 up to you)
-Round Cut lvl 20
-Force impact lvl 18-19
-Abbysal crystal lvl 18-20
-Infernal impact lvl 9,12
-Assasinate lvl 9

*Note* - For Round Cut,is not a suggested skill to get, many people find it useless in 1 way or another.
*Note* - FB's will have the room to buy all sword skills. (With one slot left over too)

Force Blader Skills (Magic)
Regeneration (Novice) - Enables its user to naturally restore the HP even when in battle
Enchant (Novice) - Cast magic on the Sword
Earth Guard (Apprentice) - Using mother earth force to strengthen the armor
Fire Blade (Apprentice) - Casts Fire on to the Sword
Blind (Regular) - Weakens opponent Attack Level
Guard Break (Regular) - Weakens enemies defense ability
Ice Blade (Expert) - Casts ice on the Sword
Wind Movement (Expert) - Using force of air strengthen ability of Attack and Defense
Lower Defense (Expert) - Weakens opponents Defense ability
Aqua Vitality (Expert) - using force from water to increase health and mana
Lightning Blade (Expert) - Casts lightning on swords
Enervation (A.Expert) - Weakens opponents Level
Resist Intension (Master) - A will that enable you to endure
Execration (A.Master) - Concentrate your enegry to curse a target
Hard Luck (G.Master) - A wheel of infinte misfortune
Darkness (Completer) - Temporarily blind a target to decrease the attack range
Field of Enervation (Transcender) - Decrease the level of multiple enemies
Mana Freeze (Transcender) - Temporarily limit a target's adjustable maximum mana
Field of Execration (Transcender) - Blind multiple enemies on thier spots

-For Magic Skills I highly recommend getting and maxing Earth guard,Wind Movement,Aqua Vitality and Lightning Blade. These 4 skill will be your final buffs till 140.
-You won't have enough magic points to max all your debuffs.
-For Debuffs, Hard Luck and Enervation are must haves IMO, you can use Enervation to lure mobs. Also Execration is important to me as well.
-The other debuffs are up to you, they each have their own benefits, figure out what is most important to you.
*NOTE* - Upgrade to the Highest Enchant as soon as you can (Magic<Fire<Ice<Lightning)
*NOTE* - You can stack 2 of the same buffs at 140 (Lightning+Ice), and 3 at 170 (Lightning+Ice+Fire)

Recommended Upgrade Skills
Vitality Master
Offensive Sense/Impact Control
Defensive Sense/Damage Absorb (Defensive Sense can be exchanged for Reflex if desired)
Sixth Sense

So Instead of me placing all those lovely images onto here and taking up space, I'll be more efficient and and send you to CabalWiki: http://www.cabalwiki.com/wiki/Force_Blader_skills

Leonhart
04-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Combos

Stunlock: (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?381-Infernal-Stigma)
-General idea to a stunlock, have 8s~ of filler time in between stigmas, you can go over the 8s but avoid going under.
-Common Versions: (Arrange the skills in any order you want)
*-Infernal Stigma(18) - Assasinate (9) - Infernal Impact (9) - Dance of Ruin (20)
*-Infernal Stigma(20) - Rising Shot(20) - Force Slash(20) - Infernal Impact(9) - Assassinate(9)
-First combo is my personal preference, second combo is older and I think required certain timing on skills (Have to look into this). Mess with one of those two or create your own.

More to be added

Leonhart
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Videos

To be added

Leonhart
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Buffer Zone

Teisho Raizen
04-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Very nice thread so far but I have concerns regarding a few things

*Note* - As you can see STR>DEX end of discussion.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion when DEX gives you almost the same amount of attack, more magic attack, the exact same defense, more attack rate and more defense rate.

-Round Cut lvl 20
-Illusion stab lvl 20

In my opinion I feel that both of these skills are either unnecessary or useless.

2. Punching target that give you at least 1 exp
3. Killing dungeon doors

Unnecessary and outdated methods. You'd be better off training on dummies where you can actually get good skill exp. Since you already mentioned you can train on dummies, I think you should take these 2 out.

Other than that I think the guide is very well written so far ;)

Leonhart
04-05-2010, 09:41 AM
Very nice thread so far but I have concerns regarding a few things

Not sure how you came to that conclusion when DEX gives you almost the same amount of attack, more magic attack, the exact same defense, more attack rate and more defense rate.

In my opinion I feel that both of these skills are either unnecessary or useless.

Unnecessary and outdated methods. You'd be better off training on dummies where you can actually get good skill exp. Since you already mentioned you can train on dummies, I think you should take these 2 out.

Other than that I think the guide is very well written so far ;)

Opps at the Dex/Str XD
As for the skills, we have room so why not.
Skilling, I think I added that in... I'll check (Reordered it to place the *Note* first).

Thanks for the help.

Zandelin
04-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh yea I remember this guide its been a while since I last seen it might want to update the vids since you can't use dash or fade in a combo anymore tried it several times before all it does is auto cancel the combo unless that has been changed. I totally miss the FBs original BM2 I want my cannon blast back sides I had fun using it to obliderate mobs.

Leonhart
04-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh yea I remember this guide its been a while since I last seen it might want to update the vids since you can't use dash or fade in a combo anymore tried it several times before all it does is auto cancel the combo unless that has been changed. I totally miss the FBs original BM2 I want my cannon blast back sides I had fun using it to obliderate mobs.

You sure about the fade and dash?

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?313-Dash-and-Fade-Combo-tutorial

Berserk_Fury
04-05-2010, 08:00 PM

The original BM2 was utter trash when it came to dealing damage.

Leonhart
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Honestly the original FB BM2 only had one strong point...

The LOL factor!

As I always said back then... "FB's in BM2 are just aking to get killed"
BM1 had better def as well as dmg =/

Chaos Devil
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
thanks for the guide i realy appreciate this :)

Bakuhatsu
04-05-2010, 09:28 PM
You sure about the fade and dash?

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?313-Dash-and-Fade-Combo-tutorial

Video was posted back in 2008 when you can dash and fade in combo.

Berserk_Fury
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3SdC62qces&feature=player_embedded

Leonhart
04-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Go read the posts in it.

Bowkill
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM
You can still dash in combo. I do it all the time. Fading is also possible, but much trickier because it requires such a good connection.

Duo
04-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Give credits if you're going to steal information from my guide.

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/72063.html

Training:
Training, or grinding, in this game is quite similar to most other games, but there are some oddities and techniques that I would like to share with you all.

Suggested Training Method
I highly suggest that you use combo and combo only when only training on general mobs. Things like aura mode and your battle modes 1 & 2 should be saved for instant dungeons and when you're in tight spots.
Using combo is also the best for leveling your skills, but that is not for this section to explain.

Suggested Training Locations
Everyone has a favorite map and a favorite mob that they just can't stop whacking and slashing away at. When it comes to training, the best type of monster to kill would be monsters with an orange or red name.
These monsters give you the most EXP you can possibly get. All the different colors of mobs include:
Grey - Much weaker than you. Usually gives you no exp at all.
Pale Green - Slightly weaker than you. Usually gives you very little exp, sometimes none. (Does this exist anymore?)
Yellow - At your level. Usually give you decent exp, but not great exp.
Orange - Slightly stronger than you. Usually gives you good exp.
Red - Much st/ronger than you. Usually gives you the best exp you can possibly get.

Factors for EXP gain
1. The damage you deal. The damage you deal to a monster dictates how much exp you get from it. This is the reason why CABAL uses an exact damage system (where if the monster has 10 hp left, even your best skill will only deal 10 damage).
That means that each monster has a certain capacity of exp, but the more damage you deal the more exp you will get. This also means that you do NOT need to actually kill the monster to gain EXP, simply dealing damage to it will give you something.

2. Level gap. The larger the level gap is, the more or less exp you gain. The amount is not constant, and it's also a pretty big gap between each color. The difference between yellow color monsters and red color monsters is quite substantial.

3. Optimal mobbing. In order to gain the most possibly experience in one hit, it is best to attack 4 monsters at once. When you exceed 4, you hardly bring in any extra exp to the table.
That is why people who mob 8 monsters at once gain just about the same amount as those who only mob 4.
Keep this in mind for the future. This mostly prevents you from gaining 10% in one mob and making leveling too easy and pointless.

SkyAlpha
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM

u made this?

Duo
04-05-2010, 11:40 PM
u made this?

Isn't it pretty obvious?

Chart for stat growth was also mine, except I lost the graphic for it after reformatting, so I can't prove that.

nvm, found it on my Photobucket account

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/Duosaki/SkillRankStatChart.png?t=1270539986

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/Duosaki/SkillRankStatChart.png?t=1270539986

ChaosWars
04-06-2010, 01:21 AM
woot go dex build :D

well bm2 is full of pokies

Duo
04-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Jesus, just noticed that the MMOSITE thread jacked my guide's stuff too.

Oh well. That guide's like 3 years old anyways.

GuardianPat
04-06-2010, 06:53 AM
wonder who will update again

Leonhart
04-06-2010, 06:54 AM
Isn't it pretty obvious?

Chart for stat growth was also mine, except I lost the graphic for it after reformatting, so I can't prove that.

nvm, found it on my Photobucket account

Source Information was already placed at the top.

In fact the source in everything I transfer is at the top o.O

Jesus, just noticed that the MMOSITE thread jacked my guide's stuff too.

Oh well. That guide's like 3 years old anyways.

I actually used Plun's thread, but linked to mmosite cause the OGP forums aren't gonna be there forever. They're the exact same guide.

wonder who will update again

Ima guess you haven't noticed that I've been updating everything I transfer...

Rockstar
04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I actually used Plun's thread, but linked to mmosite cause the OGP forums aren't gonna be there forever. They're the exact same guide.

I remember that guide, it was pretty awful with horrible skills builds and no understanding of gameplay mechanics. I hope you do a better job, if not it'll still be better than Plun's.

BleedingSoul
04-06-2010, 12:02 PM
zzzzmafiabosszzz > rockstar

Suterusu
04-06-2010, 12:16 PM
wah?! i was told to pump everything into dex how much of a difference does it make?Dx

Zandelin
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I tried doing the whole fade and dash in a combo I time it right and everything the moment I hit the skill bam combo cancels does not even continue on or anything.

Berserk_Fury
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I tried doing the whole fade and dash in a combo I time it right and everything the moment I hit the skill bam combo cancels does not even continue on or anything.

You're just lagging. I can dash in combo when my internet is working fine, but when it slows down I can't. But then again, I can only use fk in combo when my internet is working fine too.

MyForumIsFISHIN
04-06-2010, 02:41 PM
zzzzmafiabosszzz > rockstar
+1000000000

EliteDragon17
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Aura and Battle Mode
Recommended Upgrades
Vitality Master
Offensive Sense/Impact Control
Defensive Sense/Damage Absorb (Damage Absorb can be exchange for Reflex if desired)
Sixth Sense
http://www.cabalwiki.com/wiki/Force_Blader_skills

Do you mean Defensive Sense?

Leonhart
04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Do you mean Defensive Sense?

Yep, Fixt

wah?! i was told to pump everything into dex how much of a difference does it make?Dx

You're supposed to pump DEX, can you point out my mistake?

Aiden
04-06-2010, 09:29 PM

yea there ways n yes this is a very outdated guide there i way better combos out there and this only rly applies to sFB not mFB n hFB.

Still good to see pple still rememer the classics, just remember to tweak them with all the updates

Leonhart
04-06-2010, 09:38 PM
yea there ways n yes this [was] a very outdated guide [before Leon did some editing] there i way better combos out there and this only rly applies to sFB not mFB n hFB.

Still good to see pple still rememer the classics, just remember to tweak them with all the updates

You mean like I already did o.O?

The only 2 combos on here are not outdated.

I also deleted beginner info and moved it into the beginner guide :D

Now I can focus on expanding the FB portions :D :D

Aiden
04-07-2010, 04:41 AM
The only 2 combos on here are not outdated.

well i hd other combos that worked a hell of alot better in pve then those and if i ever can dl the game and play agian i can post my pvp combo

Leonhart
04-07-2010, 09:43 AM
well i hd other combos that worked a hell of alot better in pve then those and if i ever can dl the game and play agian i can post my pvp combo

Then please share them. If you didn't notice both combos were almost the same. And also note that they are stun combos.

Suterusu
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
too lazy to find mistake can ya find it for me? :]

Bakuhatsu
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Training:
Training, or grinding, in this game is quite similar to most other games, but there are some oddities and techniques that I would like to share with you all.

Suggested Training Method
I highly suggest that you use combo and combo only when only training on general mobs. Things like aura mode and your battle modes 1 & 2 should be saved for instant dungeons and when you're in tight spots.
Using combo is also the best for leveling your skills, but that is not for this section to explain.

Suggested Training Locations
Everyone has a favorite map and a favorite mob that they just can't stop whacking and slashing away at. When it comes to training, the best type of monster to kill would be monsters with an orange or red name.
These monsters give you the most EXP you can possibly get. All the different colors of mobs include:
Grey - Much weaker than you. Usually gives you no exp at all.
Pale Green - Slightly weaker than you. Usually gives you very little exp, sometimes none. (Does this exist anymore?)
Yellow - At your level. Usually give you decent exp, but not great exp.
Orange - Slightly stronger than you. Usually gives you good exp.
Red - Much st/ronger than you. Usually gives you the best exp you can possibly get.

Factors for EXP gain
1. The damage you deal. The damage you deal to a monster dictates how much exp you get from it. This is the reason why CABAL uses an exact damage system (where if the monster has 10 hp left, even your best skill will only deal 10 damage).
That means that each monster has a certain capacity of exp, but the more damage you deal the more exp you will get. This also means that you do NOT need to actually kill the monster to gain EXP, simply dealing damage to it will give you something.

2. Level gap. The larger the level gap is, the more or less exp you gain. The amount is not constant, and it's also a pretty big gap between each color. The difference between yellow color monsters and red color monsters is quite substantial.

3. Optimal mobbing. In order to gain the most possibly experience in one hit, it is best to attack 4 monsters at once. When you exceed 4, you hardly bring in any extra exp to the table.
That is why people who mob 8 monsters at once gain just about the same amount as those who only mob 4.
Keep this in mind for the future. This mostly prevents you from gaining 10% in one mob and making leveling too easy and pointless.

Off topic: Which anime is that sig from? (the dood shaking/raping)

Leonhart
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Bump for people who are asking for this.

If there's something you wanna know just ask. These guides are mostly copied pasted.

Gabzilla27
04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
thank you 4 posting this it�s going to help my A LOT!!!1

Suterusu
04-30-2010, 11:47 AM
Lol you finally looked xD

Valdoroth
06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Bump for those who need it :) this needs to be stickied.

Homeless
06-21-2010, 12:04 PM
bla bla bla

Fishy
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Bump for those who need it :) this needs to be stickied.

+1

Flaw
06-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Because nobody in this thread has told you how to do it. You don't just start a combo and press dash. When you start your combo, you need to land your first skill in the combo while you're out of range of the target. Then you'll start running toward the target. During this time, you will be able to dash or fade in your combo. It's also important to note that fading in combo is completely useless because the part of the skill that makes the opponent deselect you is cut out.

phonpaseuth
07-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Can you post pvp combo please?

Leonhart
07-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Can you post pvp combo please?

I'll link some threads in when I get the time, but for now search is your best friend, I know some exist in this section.

Sephiroth
08-21-2010, 07:11 AM
In my understanding that chart proves STR pwns Dex, can someone explain how .23 > .24? lol

Seriously

EzSeleneEz
08-21-2010, 08:26 AM
In my understanding that chart proves STR pwns Dex, can someone explain how .23 > .24? lol

Seriously

because per 100 points in each str only gives 1 more attack while dex gives far more def rate, attack rate, and magic(for stronger bm1)

the extra 5 or 6 attack you would gain by going full str is hardly worth losing all of that

Sephiroth
08-22-2010, 08:59 PM
hmmm i see... thanks... hmmn @_@

marcoemil
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
how will i stack 3 sword enchant buffs at the same time? im 170 and it doesnt stack al at once... boohoo!