PDA

View Full Version : About hack

aientd311
04-23-2013, 04:26 AM
I saw many hackers in this sv, especially in war 5 TG, it's so annoying and it's not fair. So just a suggestion that we should ban IP related to those hackers. Thx

whitetrash
04-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Lol been like this since the game has been out
Everytime they stop it they find another way to do it
You learn to deal with it
The best thing to do is fraps the hacker and send it in to the hd

Faowin
04-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Or if it's somebody as stupid as what I saw the other day(and apparently happened the war in the morning), there is a WA in T4 who FLIES, just take a screenshot.

truely false
04-23-2013, 05:24 PM
As Whitetrash stated there has been and always will be hackers unfortunately. If you wish to help clean up the game then just take his advice and SS or frap the offending player and send it in to the help desk. GMs are always glad to check on and ban players if proven true of hacking.

aientd311
04-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Yea, I know we need to take ss or frap, but I know some people using hack "in dungeon", I never can take ss or frap xD . They run MO, ft2, lost island... when their lv is only 15x- 16x with FC 5amp. When GM bans them, they make another acc and they can get lv easily with AOE and speed hack xD and of course easily get alz with hack xD. Anyway, just a suggestion, I think I need to deal with it as Whitetrash said. xD

Pixelmancer
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I saw many hackers in this sv, especially in war 5 TG, it's so annoying and it's not fair. So just a suggestion that we should ban IP related to those hackers. Thx
IP bans are trivial to bypass. Not to mention most people are on a dynamic IP these days and don't even need to use a VPN or anything. They just have to spend 5 seconds refreshing their IP in the command prompt. It also causes a related problem, that you're more likely to ban random people than the person you're actually trying to ban. They could always ban the ISP's whole range, but it's not exactly good for business to ban big chunks of geography and the person could still bypass it with a VPN anyway.

TLDR; No, IP bans are a joke.