PDA

View Full Version : AH Filters

Blager2
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
There should be some custom filters for AH.

The one specifically that would help me is a "Craftable items only" filter. This would save me the time of having to go through 4 armor pieces (gloves/boots/hlm/suits), across 4 grades (OSM, TG, Sig, Forc) and 2 armor types (FB/FA) (32 different pieces) applying appropriate filters on each one. Not to mention, there isnt an option to filter out 2slot items as opposed to no/1slot items.

Save me some time when I try to log on for 10 minutes and burn my 3k energy to log back off!

Abi
04-26-2013, 05:44 PM
Use the bookmarks. you can browse all that in 10 mins

why would you want 2 slots and no 0/1 slots. Titanium, S.tit requires 1 slot items to craft as far as I can remember.

logging on for more than 10 mins is asking too much? then just quit the game....

terror
04-26-2013, 06:29 PM
While I think the current system is alright, it would be nice if there were more freedom to look for specific items. One such example of what comes to mind is NewEgg where you can set the size, price, color, power, etc. of a product you wish to buy. Likewise, in the AH, someone could put in whatever criteria they wish and get more narrow results. For example, in the case of armor-equipment in the AH:

Type (Armor, Battle, Martial)
Min Grade (Titanium, ST, OSM, etc.)
Max Grade (ROSM, SIG, Mithril, etc.)
Piece (Head, Armor, Glove, Boot)
Min Level (+0, +1, +2...)
Max Level (+13, +14, +15)
Slots (0, 1, 2, 3+)
Slot Effect (CRI, CDI, Amp, etc.) [Can only set one, not 2-3.]
Craft (Basic, Craftsman, Master)
Craft Effect (CRI, CDI, Amp, etc.) [Can only set one, not 2-3.]

So, in Blager2's case, instead of searching across 32 searches, he could set do it in 2:

- Battle, MinG-OSM, MaxG-Mithril, Craftsman, 2-slot (and any others, such as MinL-7, CE-Amp, SE-MCR, etc.)
- Marital, MinG-OSM, MaxG-Mithril, Craftsman, 2-slot (and any others, such as MinL-7, CE-Amp, SE-MCR, etc.)

In short, such a system would allow player to have more freedom in making custom searches which are not confined to the basic Type-Piece search as it is now.

As for complaining that the current system taking up your time, yes, use the bookmarks or just focus on replacing your weakest pieces first. -_-

whitetrash
04-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Wow some people just want everything handed to them without work .......

Blager2
04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
It just seems stupid that it should be "work" to have to search through a database instead of having a more efficient database. I'm not asking for higher drop rates or better crafts. I personally value my time and in terms of the game, 10 minutes saved in AH is 10 minutes that could be used to run a dungeon - a more fun activity. And you are allowed a maximum of 10 bookmarks, though they do help a little. But my suggested solution should take minimal work for anybody that understands anything about databases and would save time doing a useless and unenjoyable task in game.

whitetrash
04-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Minimal work? You realize there is more to it then just building a filter for a database right oh guess not
I craft a ton of different things the quick slots save a ton of time
Besides last I checked games are time consuming and not supposed to be ez
If the time to gather mats is that troublesome why craft?
Then again if you cry enough like the Z TARGETpeople you might get your wish

Abi
04-27-2013, 10:39 AM
It just seems stupid that it should be "work" to have to search through a database instead of having a more efficient database. I'm not asking for higher drop rates or better crafts. I personally value my time and in terms of the game, 10 minutes saved in AH is 10 minutes that could be used to run a dungeon - a more fun activity. And you are allowed a maximum of 10 bookmarks, though they do help a little. But my suggested solution should take minimal work for anybody that understands anything about databases and would save time doing a useless and unenjoyable task in game.

someone hasn't noticed you have more than 1 bar of bookmarks now...

whitetrash
04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
someone hasn't noticed you have more than 1 bar of bookmarks now...
Darn you .......I wasn't going to say it ....

terror
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Darn you .......I wasn't going to say it ....

Nor was I. >;3

I don't think this is an issue of laziness, but rather the effectiveness of the system. In my case, I'm willing to filter though the current system to find what I'm looking for, but some aspects just seem pointless to have. Take the +0/1/2/3/etc search in the current system for instance. If I'm looking for something, I tend to try and find it in the range of +7-10 since there can be a wide range of variance in the level/grade and price of similar items. If I wanted to use the current search feature to help with that, I would have to search in +7/+8/+9/+10 individually. Ideally, I would say "Level/Grade Minimum +7", and anything +7 and over would appear (and I could deal with +11+ since more is always better, right?). It raises the question that, besides +0 and +15 (crafting, max), why would I want to make level/grade specific searches like that? It's pointless. >_<

Peaches
04-28-2013, 05:13 AM
I thought the 20 bookmarks was quite useful...

Add another 20 and it'll be just as much work to have to read through 40 bookmarks >.> what more do you want

terror
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
I thought the 20 bookmarks was quite useful...

Add another 20 and it'll be just as much work to have to read through 40 bookmarks >.> what more do you want

A better search system which allows for more efficient searches so we would only need 10 bookmarks? That and some ice cream.