PDA

View Full Version : ingame translator

Starr
08-24-2013, 08:07 AM
CAN WE PUT AN EFFING IN GAME TRANSLATOR SO IDONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH "ASKDJHASKJDHASKJDHQKWJHDWQDH WQKJEDHQWKEJHQ QWKJEHQWKJEH QWEKJHQWEKJQH WEKJQWHEKQWJHEKQWEIUHKJASFD H QWKJEHQWEKJH" ALL DAY?

kthxbai

Faowin
08-24-2013, 12:10 PM
I used to suggest that, but if you think about it the translation would most likely be British English, not American. The dialects are different in many different ways. Even if it was American English, there is still the problem of using words that doesn't fit with their original meaning. If you say "That was sick!" it doesn't mean it had an illness. It was something "cool" which is another example. You get my meaning?

Enso
08-24-2013, 01:58 PM
There is a Google Translate API. I know from experience it is a small performance overhead and would allow for all foreign languages to be translated into whatever native language you want. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but it is pretty good and pretty good is better than nothing.

Edit: Also, if EST knows what they're doing, chat is running through a separate network socket anyway, so it wouldn't affect game latency anyway.

Peaches
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
You could just learn every language in the world np

alhifnawy3
08-24-2013, 03:04 PM
You could just learn every language in the world npI agree

Faowin
08-24-2013, 04:30 PM
You could just learn every language in the world np

Or just Spanish and Vietnamese.

Abi
08-24-2013, 04:32 PM
If they spell in their language just as good as 'murican players spell in English, poor translator wouldn't even be able to recognize what language it is.... >.>

Peaches
08-24-2013, 05:02 PM
"srry for bad englsh im form usa"

truely false
08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
If everyone followed the rules there would be no reason for a translator. English only when shouting this is why EST developers most likely would never add a language translating engine to the game, although one would be usefull and very much welcomed...:rolleyes:

Peaches
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
j/s EU has waaaaaaay more languages spoken there than Cabal NA. And yet they all manage to communicate with each other. I believe the general rule is you're supposed to speak English there.

Faowin
08-25-2013, 05:05 PM
j/s EU has waaaaaaay more languages spoken there than Cabal NA. And yet they all manage to communicate with each other. I believe the general rule is you're supposed to speak English there.

Because we live in the great country of 'Murica and everybody has to speak 'Murican or they can geeettt out.

Peaches
08-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Because we live in the great country of 'Murica and everybody has to speak 'Murican or they can geeettt out.

People in EU all know how to speak english and they don't live in America

Faowin
08-25-2013, 06:42 PM
People in EU all know how to speak english and they don't live in America

I don't think you understood what I meant

Lord Kronius
08-26-2013, 07:59 AM
CAN WE PUT AN EFFING IN GAME TRANSLATOR SO IDONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH "ASKDJHASKJDHASKJDHQKWJHDWQDH WQKJEDHQWKEJHQ QWKJEHQWKJEH QWEKJHQWEKJQH WEKJQWHEKQWJHEKQWEIUHKJASFD H QWKJEHQWEKJH" ALL DAY?

kthxbai haha silly fa Starr =3

There is a Google Translate API. I know from experience it is a small performance overhead and would allow for all foreign languages to be translated into whatever native language you want. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, but it is pretty good and pretty good is better than nothing.

Edit: Also, if EST knows what they're doing, chat is running through a separate network socket anyway, so it wouldn't affect game latency anyway.
^ agreed. hey you know networking? v_V

If they spell in their language just as good as 'murican players spell in English, poor translator wouldn't even be able to recognize what language it is.... >.>
lol abi lmfao

jamnotjelly
08-27-2013, 12:34 PM
EU and Germ have more english speakers then NA now lol i hate im afraid to say pm me in shout now ;_;

Bruce
08-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Think a translator is a great idea

spittaz
08-31-2013, 05:53 PM
what are they saying D:

jamnotjelly
09-26-2013, 12:39 PM
bump
no.. realy do it -_-.

Scenario:
jam2:WTS> Craftman forcuim coat (FB) +9
weirdname: 400???
jam2: ill do 500mill
wierdname: i 400???
jam2:you wannabuy for 500?
wierdname: can u vietnamese
jam2:no im english you wanna buy for 500mill?
wierdname: chhcc uash foogwewer 400mill?
jam2: I DONT KNOW WHAT THE FU@$ THAT MEAN!!
jam2: /g

jam2:does any1 know what uscha choca choca choca means?
kurama: it means ur
jam2:fu@$ u to mayne
jam2:/l
jam2:WTS craftman forcium coat (FB) +9
(same guy)wierdname:i 250mill only pls
THE END

Bruce
09-27-2013, 05:00 AM
what are they saying D:

kurama be gate farming o.o

Abi
09-27-2013, 06:54 AM
they don't want an ingame translator because then they wouldn't be able to buy/sell alz on megashout without fear of getting caught.

hmmm... you know what? just for that I would say it's worth it. do it. do it now!

livstar
12-15-2013, 06:14 AM
I used to suggest that, but if you think about it the translation would most likely be British English, not American. The dialects are different in many different ways. Even if it was American English, there is still the problem of using words that doesn't fit with their original meaning. If you say "That was sick!" it doesn't mean it had an illness. It was something "cool" which is another example. You get my meaning?

The idea about include a translation in the game is good, but is like you said, not consider the local dialects. At least, this suggestion indicate that all comunity have to do a movement to talk the same "thing" through interactions with other.

livstar
12-15-2013, 06:30 AM

I didn't know that "It was sick" can also be "cool", I'm learning that now, with you. = )